Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned (47246 Views)

US To Seize Kola Aluko’s House: $25m Los Angeles Mansion / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Kola Aluko’s $73m, N350m Properties / Kola Aluko Loses Weight, Wears Tattoos, Now Lives In Mexico (New Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by Sirpaul(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Without rain nothing grows. Learn to embrace
the storms of your life.

2 Likes

Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by wildwest22: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
Devil punish money, if I see this type I go thief oo

1 Like

Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by GamaG(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
ooooooh God! give me divine favour. Chai, see refreshment inside boat then, how will their houses be and their bank account na kpakam.

1 Like

Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by Flashlaundry(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
We offer laundry and dry cleaning service in Lagos
Home services available ,080,81154969
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by MachadoPreto: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
GamaG:
ooooooh God! give me divine favour. Chai, see refreshment inside boat then, how will their houses be and their bank account na kpakam.

Favour does not buy luxury's like this. Evil does!
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by sunnyworld2love(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
Abeg who I go pay to?
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by GamaG(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
MachadoPreto:

What about King Solomon, Job, David etc. If God does not favour you your life will not be transformed. If it does apart from God then it won't last.
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by MachadoPreto: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
GamaG:
What about King Solomon, Job, David etc. If God does not favour you your life will not be transformed. If it does apart from God then it won't last.

Story books. Fictions!
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by throwaway: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
who gets to keep the money? Naija or US?
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
IMAGINE IF GEJ HAD CONTINUED FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS .
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by passyhansome(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
OKAY
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by tigerclaws: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

Story books. Fictions!
[/s]
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by tigerclaws: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

[/s]
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by felixomor: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
MachadoPreto:

Story books. Fictions!
There is more history of those people than of you.
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by MachadoPreto: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
felixomor:

There is more history of those people than of you.

Okay.

Keep waiting for favour. Vision 4020
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by wink2015(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
The second Heesen largest superyacht, 65-metre Galactica Star, was announced sold on July 25, with Fraser representing the seller and Burgess representing the buyer. The vessel was listed for sale earlier this year asking $ 42,000,000, as a result of a notorious corruption case in Nigeria.

Custom-built by Dutch yard Heesen in 2013, the vessel seconds only to the builder’s 70-metre Galactica Super Nova in terms of LOA. She features exterior styling by Omega Architects, engineering by Van Oossanen & Associates, finished by interiors from the boards of Bannenberg & Rowell.

In April 2019, the vessel was offered for sale in a sealed bid arrangement, proposed by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Republic of Nigeria and approved by U.S. federal court. The sale process roots back to a corruption case against two Nigerian nationals.

Allegedly, the superyacht was originally owned by Nigerian oil magnate Kolawole Aluko, who is one of four defendants accused of cheating Nigeria out of almost $1.8 billion in siphoned crude oil sales, reports The Marine News. The U.S. government also accused Aluko and another oil executive, Olajide Omokore, of laundering money in the United States and using it to acquire the yacht, among other assets.

The US and Nigerian governments received Federal Court approval to sell the arrested superyacht due to high maintenance and dockage fees, estimating the combined cost at around $170,000 per month. Managed by Fraser, the vessel was listed at $42,000,000.

Galactica Star accommodates up to 12 guests overnight in 6 cabins, comprising a master suite, 1 VIP stateroom, and 4 double cabins. She is also capable of carrying up to 13 crew onboard to ensure a relaxed luxury yacht experience.

Powered by 2 MTU 5,592 HP diesel engines and propelled by twin screw propellers, Galactica Star is capable of a top speed of 27 knots, and comfortably cruises at 24 knots. With her 90,000 fuel tanks she has a maximum range of 4,200 nautical miles at 14 knots. Her water tanks store around 30,000 litres of freshwater.

The yacht used to be popular for charter among celebrities, for instance, once rented by American music industry power couple, Jay Z and Beyonce for a holiday cruise as reported in the media.

These are some of the images of this power crusier

[img]https://1.bp..com/-IQb6AueIcB8/XT7GAVpcWrI/AAAAAAAAeZk/BYfAA4NHFAo5k17IZscSL9y9vzcyHe4vwCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_4763b.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-WliI3psvsRc/XT7F_XyIKsI/AAAAAAAAeZc/jEoFqLIB78k9PMTSuBP2_vD3yk1QfqigACLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_4445e.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-towNttTPCDE/XT7F_YwQozI/AAAAAAAAeZg/jmf2qwzGn2Y1nT4_4d5UXMbbwRGXMCruQCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_0001b.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-pwjNvsppZgs/XT7GBnjcA0I/AAAAAAAAeZ0/_y1-3ATHzVE4OtRekio35UK8ZgmnU7URgCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_6f237.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gtXZHAxK9Bg/XT7GBw5dJrI/AAAAAAAAeZ4/ZvyFJLupVxAhsyfqsEvaern25JZ4UexAwCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_6fe2c.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-__kOO8RuhtM/XT7GC6N_VdI/AAAAAAAAeaA/MYW-Yi5ylccS9962TJiRVD3VyBd0H6HfACLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_7badb.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-h24RUfkIoDQ/XT7GAmM42jI/AAAAAAAAeZo/7Mk6gUNhhWYk0_I30IID_4RNly79nWN_gCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_48b52.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-DrJ1OoXgkeY/XT7GBBLnPWI/AAAAAAAAeZw/hfBY9gRWj1QaIXwjBZNMSEHpQYxRQ3sXgCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_58ea8.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-DxH0kDyQnD0/XT7GDHiq4JI/AAAAAAAAeaE/SjG2mcT2XLI3x-1hV4UHnky3IVn-8R_2gCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_95c20.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-D3vuGtYOaWo/XT7GCNl_PqI/AAAAAAAAeZ8/elmZyOu9bvEF8O0LgTqtl4EJhH0H6Dz5QCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_7806a.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-acovZAyyiaw/XT7GFvRz3CI/AAAAAAAAeag/ycJk7NEEa_wPCvBzHiluaPDqjtYbchE6gCLcBGAs/s1600/watermark_526_fac90.jpg[/img]

What's your take?

Photo Credit: Yacht Harbour

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/a-closer-overview-of-kola-alukos-n15bn.html

Big eye balled Deziani and her co travellers in the like of Omokore and Kolawole stole from our collective commonwealth.

I commend the government of the united states because they have been at the forefront of returning its stolen money by politicians and their cronies.

However, the BREXIT talking British government are criminally minded as they have been dilly dally on releasing Deziani for trials back home in Nigeria.

Britain hardly return stolen funds to African government.

This can be seen from the case of ex-governor of delta state Chief James Ibori and ex-petroleum minister Mrs Deziani Allison Madueke.

Both ex-public officers looted the treasury and banked the money in the UK but the uk government is unwilling to return stolen money.

Chief James Ibori bought houses, choice cars in Britain with money he looted from Delta state government treasury while serving as governor between 1999 - 2007.

If Ex-Petroleum Minister, Mrs Deziani the arrow head among the crimminals had used this money they siphoned to develop the niger delta regions creating jobs, investing in the power sectors etc

I would not have been bitter against her.

IS SHE NOT ASHAMED TO SEE THE OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITY LANGUISHING IN POVERTY?

Some of these community do not have access to clean pipeborne water.

They drink from dirty rivers and streams and some of this oil producing community do not have bridge to access their community.

They use rickety canoes to paddles to their thatched huts.

MRS DEZIANI ALLISON MADUEKE FALL MY HAND O !

She is a big embarrassment to the good people of the Niger delta region and Nigeria as a country.

MAKE GOOD USE OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO ESTABLISH A POSITIVE FOOTPRINT

3 Likes

Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by felixomor: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
MachadoPreto:

Okay.

I have been favoured already.
I don't know about u
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by orunmila144: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
the end of an era as the star is being sold so that another star can emerge. change of guard
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by TroubleMaker47(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
$170,000 per month for docking & maintenance alone!
And some ppl will still buy this? undecided
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by sobastical: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
easyfem:
I don't like use things .... I like follow come

Not even akube?
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by olajizz01(m): 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
XaintJoel20:
There is enough goody to round for everyone on earth, but there is not enough for anyone to steal. Doing that will mean you are depriving someone of his goody.
Diezani and others who have plunged and are still plunging Nigeria into poverty will never know peace.
Amen ×10
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by Tekzyflex(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
God will kill all Nigeria politicians.... They will slow and painful death.
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by tigerclaws: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

Okay.

[/s]
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by captianfreeman(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
I have no sympathy for him.
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by Pusyiter(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Na there the two of dem dey tidy shocked
ntyce:
It's Diezani's yatch, for Aluko's usage.
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by LionTiger(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
And the proceed from the Yacht will be shared between the corrupt illiterate politicians at aso rock, Fulani herdsmen and the Boko-Boys.
The criminals are just only changing gangs.
Nothing has/will change.

1 Like

Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by Formularcr7: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
I'm still looking for the 65m length
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by osuofia2(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
i just de imagine how many slay queens don go down here
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by nonix22(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
this one na mini ship o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned by MrBONE2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
ntyce:
It's Diezani's yatch, for Aluko's usage.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Came Noisily, Left Quietly — Wike - Vanguard News / Pictures Of President Buhari In Japan For TICAD7 / Alleged Endorsement: Obasanjo Warns Tinubu’s Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.