Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed (40858 Views)

Lai Mohammed Replies Kid Grandson Who Asked Why He's Called Liar Mohammed / Lai Mohammed: My Orderly Tells Me Happenings In Nigeria / Junaid Mohammed: My First Wife Is An Igbo Woman, I Don't Hate Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Enn214(m): 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lai Mohammed, ministerial nominee from Kwara state, says his seven-year-old grandson once asked him why people refer to him as a liar.

Critics of Mohammed, especially on social media, are fond of replacing his first name with “liar”.

Speaking when he appeared before the senate for screening on Tuesday, the former minister of information said he had ignored his critics until his grandson brought the issue to his attention.

“My name as appeared on the CV is my correct name, which is Lai Mohammed. Don’t believe what they say on social media,” he said.

“They call me all sorts of names and I used to ignore it until one day when my seven-year-old grandson called me and said ‘grandpa, tell me the truth, why do they call you lair Mohammed’?

“I looked at him. What do you say to a seven year old? How do you explain politics to him? So I told him don’t mind them, they are bad guys.”

Prior to his appointment as minister in 2015, Mohammed had served as the spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He is among the 13 ministers reappointed by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Mohammed had submitted himself for questioning at the screening but some senators hailed him as a loyal party man and requested that he should “take a bow and go”, a plea granted by Senate President Ahmad Lawan.

https://www.thecable.ng/lai-my-grandson-once-asked-why-people-call-me-a-liar

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Maxymilliano(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
And you told him another lie abi

723 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Sunnymatey(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by engrsyer(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Baddest guy calling Nigerians bad guys. Even the devil is a learner to you when it comes to lie.

189 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by engrsyer(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
Maxymilliano:
lol.. No! In his mind he has told him the truth even when the boy wants the truth.

187 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by dunkem21(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
Seven year old boy? .. This might be another lie undecided

247 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by inoki247: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
I pray iz not anoda breed of Lie u av az a grandson.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by FarahAideed: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
I am happy your grand son knows you are known as a liar ..From today your lineage will be known as a lineage if liars so I hope it was worth it

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by GOFRONT(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
sad

You are finished when Nigerians hate you!!!

18 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Maxymilliano:

That is his trademark ... Lair Mohammed. It is like people with Mohammed in their name are all Liars. Just reason am now, from beginning to now!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2019

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by futuregovernor: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
Maxymilliano:
He lie to the boy again

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
still laing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Praktikals(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
dunkem21:
Seven year old boy? .. This might be another lie undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
The lying machine at it again....

Zombies are walking dead people

Any supporter of Buhari ....may ruga fall on you

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by whela(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
The lies too much noni...

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by whela(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
The lies too much fa!

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by solmusdesigns: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
cheesy

Lol another lie, which grandson dem born well to call yoruba man liar, especially when he happens to be the bread winner to.the entire clan

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
His rotten mouth is full of lies

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by DameB(f): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hope you told him the truth for once

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Lexusgs430: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Upton: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol. This guy still lie ontop

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
And he lied to the poor little child also.

This lie lie Mohammed no get conscience.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by asdfjklhaha(f): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hope he told his grandson the truth this time. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by ChristyB(f): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
I bet you told him another lie

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Adegokenath(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Re: Lai Mohammed: My Grandson Asked Why They Call Me 'Liar' Mohammed by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Because you a liar and liability.....

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cute Photo Of Osinbajo In Bayelsa State / Soldiers Withdrawn From Amaechi's Governor's Lodge / Isiaka Adeleke's Death: His Doctor Alfred Aderibigbe Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.