Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? (1281 Views)

Heaven Is Not Meant For Good People But Repentant Sinners / Is God Really Omniscient?? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? by CodeTemplar: 9:57am On Aug 03, 2019
Benbethy:
God will surely forgive you but your conscience will not give you peace. Your conscience is the voice of God in you, so if you deliberately sin and ask for forgiveness, he will forgive but I doubt it if you will forgive yourself. Since its an intentional act, you won't forgive yourself. Pls don't even think it. You might not even have the opportunity to ask for forgiveness because it is either you die before asking for forgiveness or you will HATE yourself.
I don't think God will surely forgive in the eternal sense. When the blood of victims start speaking against such sinners what do you think God will do? When God asks the victim to GI e account of why he didn't fulfil destiny and the victim says look at what and what I lost along the journey of life and I am sure God will call those the victim lost then to and ask again. Then Mathew 8:17 woe unto the world because of offenses! for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe unto that man by whom offenses cometh.
Re: Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? by Benbethy(f): 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2019
1 John 1vs 9 IF WE SHOULD CONFESS OUR SINS HE'S FAITHFUL ANDROID JUST TO FORGIVE US OUR SINS ANDROID CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. How many times do the children of Israel sinned against God before reaching the promise land, how many times did David whom God called the apple of his eyes sinned, we human how many times do we sin and yet he forgives. God derives no joy over a sinner that perishes . But his always happy seeing them come to repentance. He forgives all sins (known and unknown).
2 car 5 vs17, As long as you acknowledge your sin he forgives. Let me stop here.
Re: Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2019
ediko5:
jesusjnr that's to say there's no redemption or forgiveness without full forfeiture or restitution of sinfully acquired wealth ?
Not necessarily so, because on some occasions it is impossible to forfeit sinfully acquired wealth as that which has already been squandered. So how could one possibly forfeit such?

Moreover if such is a prerequisite for redemption or forgiveness, then that means that such forfeiture should not only apply to sinfully gotten wealth, but also to everything sinfully acquired. Andif that be the case, who can be saved?

Imagine a serial murderer that after repenting would have to restitute all the lives that he's taken, that means he would have to die because that's the way he could restitute such.

But that's where the grace of God comes in, hence my saying that no one can deserve forgiveness or redemption by what they do, but that it's God who had made the provision that set requirements for anyone to be able to access it.

And that's how such a serial murderer can be truly saved without having to restitute the lives of people he had ended by ending his own life, but by truly repenting of his sins and living a life of righteousness and obedience to God's Word.

The instance of Rahab shows that something sinfully acquired in that respect could yet be used for God's purpose, because her house I suppose was aquired via the proceeds of her occupation at the time which was prostitution.

Yet it was the house which served not only as a shelter to the spies of God's people Israel at the time, but was also used to preserve their lives, that God Himself acknowledged it for the purpose it had served, as it was the only house in the city of Jericho that was left standing, which also preserved the lives of everyone that was in it during the fall of the walls of Jericho.

Therefore as I said the most important thing is true repentance, and that would lead us to act appropriately, for the instances I gave of Zachaeus and Judas Iscariot were not based on instructions they received from man, but their conscience after they had truly repented.

And I believe that if we truly repent of our sins, that God would help us to do whatever necessary in that respect.

God bless.
Re: Chiristians - Does God Really Forgive This Kind Of "Repentant" Sinners? by shadeyinka(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2019
ediko5:
My fellow Christians, the issue of repentance after great sins have been one of the major reasons Atheists mock Christianity.

Now, to my question:
Will God really forgive me if i deliberately (with the knowledge of Christ) commit sins like murder, armed robbery, kidnapper, 419 to become rich at the detriments of other people's life and i later declare that i'm born-again while enjoying the wealth i got from my sinful acts.?

servantofGod22 and jesusjnr you're invited
Your question:
God is always faithful even to forgive the gravest of sins and transgression.

It is not God you should worry about if you "a Christian" choose knowingly to go into such sins: you should worry about
1. Satan:
He has legal rights over your life to terminate it at will and to use it as a tool of his own evangelism
2. The Consequences:
Your generations unborn may partake of the curses and demonic infestation uncured in the process
3. The Risk:
*Who told you that you'll be able to return back to God?
*Could this not be an evidence that you may really not be born again? (Tares among With)... that you have assumed salvation because you recited the "sinners prayer"!?

No one gets born again by prayers, it is by faith (trust) in the Atonement of Christ and placing oneself under His rule.

Hope your question is answered?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Believers, don't disregard what I share here (especially the Prophesies) / In Islamic Hell Fire,there Is Hope For Atheists To Be Set Free / These ones shall not die till Jesus returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.