Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,398 members, 7,850,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ (3152 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl From Delta, Trafficked To Mali For Prostitution Is Stranded / Oworonshoki: The Lagos Slum Where Hushpuppi Bought Food On Credit & Washed Cars / Borno 'Artillery' Where Prostitution & Drugs Are Done Publicly, Demolished. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by chibuadanne: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
The prevalence of prostitution, though illegal in Nigeria, has become a source of concern for the residents of the Mabushi community in Abuja, as it is treated as a legal business by some persons.

Research by HipCity Innovation Centre (HipCity Hub), a non-governmental organisation in Abuja, indicates that sources of economic support are hard to come by in the community due to factors such as lack of education and the general unemployment in the country. Because of this, some girls and women in the slum have become commercial sex workers in order to provide financial support for themselves and their family.

Also, the rate of teenage pregnancy in the community is high and has affected the chances of young women going to school.

While some of the sex workers are willing to quit and get decent jobs, most of them have one limitation or the other preventing them from leaving the job.

These sex workers are said to make between N1, 500 to N6, 000 from sleeping with an average of three men per day. It was also learnt that sex workers in the community pay between N1, 000 to N2, 000 a day for their accommodation depending on the size of their room.

Decent families in this slum are however said to be paying way less than what the commercial sex workers pay. While others pay 30,000 to 45,000 a year for a room, a sex worker in the slum pays N360, 000 for a similar house in a year, according to HipCity Hub.

READ MORE:https://thewhistler.ng/abuja-slum-where-prostitution-is-legal/

Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by seunmsg(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
Prostitutes are more in Abuja city centers than the slums. They now operate e-prostitution.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by Abfinest007(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
buhari pls come n blame these prostitutes for disturbin n spoilin our senators

1 Like

Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by adedayoa2(f): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Them no dey stand for road again

1 Like

Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by SirWhiteFish: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
seunmsg:
Prostitutes are more in Abuja city centers than the slums. They now operate e-prostitution.
I guess everything is based on proper marketing

1 Like

Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by manny4u(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
Mabushi that year angry angry
Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by babadigu(m): 12:12am On Jul 31, 2019
tongue
Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by tiredoflife(m): 5:14am On Jul 31, 2019
seunmsg:

Yep with tinder app
And many websites.
They give home services
Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by meobizy(f): 5:26am On Jul 31, 2019
I can smell the stale piss in that picture. The place is a slum, what sort of activity will keep them busy if not unnecessary sex?
Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by Godons1: 5:30am On Jul 31, 2019
chibuadanne:
The prevalence of prostitution, though illegal in Nigeria, has become a source of concern for the residents of the Mabushi community in Abuja, as it is treated as a legal business by some persons.

Research by HipCity Innovation Centre (HipCity Hub), a non-governmental organisation in Abuja, indicates that sources of economic support are hard to come by in the community due to factors such as lack of education and the general unemployment in the country. Because of this, some girls and women in the slum have become commercial sex workers in order to provide financial support for themselves and their family.

Also, the rate of teenage pregnancy in the community is high and has affected the chances of young women going to school.

While some of the sex workers are willing to quit and get decent jobs, most of them have one limitation or the other preventing them from leaving the job.

These sex workers are said to make between N1, 500 to N6, 000 from sleeping with an average of three men per day. It was also learnt that sex workers in the community pay between N1, 000 to N2, 000 a day for their accommodation depending on the size of their room.

Decent families in this slum are however said to be paying way less than what the commercial sex workers pay. While others pay 30,000 to 45,000 a year for a room, a sex worker in the slum pays N360, 000 for a similar house in a year, according to HipCity Hub.

READ MORE:https://thewhistler.ng/abuja-slum-where-prostitution-is-legal/

And 98% of those Prostitutes are all Flat heads. grin

Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by zolapower: 6:47am On Jul 31, 2019
grin

Seriously serious
Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by Bluehill1051: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2019
My God! I love olosho! Curse all u want!
Just bike 100#, I'll pay her 500# for missionary, 500# for doggy!
Remembering the last time I was at bluemoon Uyo, I just see one spot dey blow my Benson for air, one fine fair olosho in bumpshot just come meet me, we talk, she say 500# I now said OK, what if I give you 5K? Long story short, that was the best sex of my life! None of my girlfriend has been able to pleasure me like that and none has been wthin BUDGET!
Re: Abuja Slum Where Prostitution Is ‘legal’ by Tonyspecial(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2019
One Room #45k Per Year In A Slum.... OP OP

(1) (Reply)

See Picture Of Policeman Who Reportedly Shot #endsars Protester Jimoh Isiaq / Lady Caught Stealing Handbag Beaten & Stripped Unclad By Angry Mob(photos) / Professor Caught On Tape While Kissing A Married Female Student In His Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.