Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) (29232 Views)

Supreme Court Verdict: Atiku's Press Conference (Live) / Tinubu, Atiku's Press Statement & Fawehinmi By Omoyele Sowore / 'arrested’ Buba Galadima Surfaces At Atiku’s Press Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2019
Mk12:

that did not answer my question
It did. As far as you believe in the affirmation that the work of an opposition is to be acting as president when they are not in power
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:41am On Jul 31, 2019
solaugo1:

The All Progressives Congress (APC) strongly condemns the 2019 presidential candidate of the opposition party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar who has now made it a pastime to make public statements on issues, which constitutionally should be reserved for the duly elected head of government or his designees.

As a Party, we would have thought that Atiku who in the past occupied such high office as the country's vice president would clearly understand the workings of government, particularly as it bothers on national security, foreign policy and our international engagement.

We have noted Alh. Atiku’s incessant habits of releasing statements on public issues as if he were an alternative President of this country and with a clear intention to undermine President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC-led government.

In recent times, Atiku has demonstrated lack of regard for the sovereignty of the office of the President and Nigerian government through condescending statements.

He has made several of such statements regarding the activities of the Nigerian military, issues of national security, and international relations.

The latest of such statements is the one he made on the emergence of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister of Britain. Even when our duly elected President, who has the responsibility of making an official statement on such matter, has made the position of our country known. We note with serious concern that Atiku has been throwing himself around as a shadow President of Nigeria.

We would like to state clearly that such position could only be found under the parliamentary system; it does not exist under the Presidential system of government that we practice in Nigeria.

Atiku, like every Nigerian citizen, should understand that being a candidate for an elective office, including that of the President, does not confer on him a sovereign status.

Atiku continuous portrayal of himself as a shadow President under our system borders on felony and makes him a patent impostor.

There can only be one democratically elected and legitimate government at a time in this country. That clearly is the administration of Buhari

It is important to remind Atiku that issues of national security, foreign policy and international engagements are not matters to be exploited to achieve mischievous political ends.

We reiterate that Alh. Atiku has lost the 2019 presidential election and it would be unhelpful to him to continue to make a mockery of our country. We expect Atiku to quickly address himself to the stark reality of his loss and move on. Our laws are clear on all acts of criminalities, in this case, a clear case of felony.

Nigerians expect that the enforcement of relevant laws should apply to every Nigerian, irrespective of class and status.

This government would not be found wanting where it is required to take decisive actions.

SIGNED
Lanre Issa-Onilu
National Publicity Secretary
APC

Source - https://news.assure.ng/theres-a-sitting-president-in-nigeria-apc-reminds-atiku-press-statement/
diz is very shameless and appalling from the already doomed APC system...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by jrusky(m): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2019
Apc can't stop amusing me. So you people has forgotten how you people were disgracing Jonathan then?

Apc where are your brains? This is pure nemesis sledge hammering your evil skulls. I remember how you people hijacked the system during jonathan time. I remember how you people brought Obama aides to Nigeria without Jonathan consent embarrassing him everywhere and so on.

Apc you are reaping what you sowed. Though I'm not happy seen such ugly situation you are accusing Atiku of but I have no option than to support it because your party did the worst to Jonathan.

So pls swallow it with all joy and don't open any book of lamentation.

1 Like

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by etrouble: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2019
Atikuloot will be arrested, let's see how many Biafrans will be ready to die for him.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

It did. As far as you believe in the affirmation that the work of an opposition is to be acting as president when they are not in power
I want you to go back and study all apc statement in 2013,2014, and early 2015 then come back to answer my question
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by jrusky(m): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2019
Mk12:

I want you to go back and study all apc statement in 2013,2014, and early 2015 then come back to answer my question

Bro don't mind them they thought every body are dumbs like them that forget things so easily.

Apc can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by anambraamaka: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2019
OkoYibo:
Poor Atiku.

Those people cursed with political badluck have ruined his brightest chance at Presidency.

Hate will kill you one day mark my words..
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Xisnin(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2019
roundman:
I have said it earlier... Atiku trying very hard to lay claim to what he is not.... Election had come and gone he should allow the court to pronounced him president before forming what he is not.don't know who advises him, that adviser or person is not doing him any good at all.
Are you a kid?
If not you should realize that all Nigerians have the right to speak and give a speech
about national issues, security, and policy as they see fit.
It doesn't in any way stop the Daura king from being incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by jaxxy(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2019
roundman:
I have said it earlier... Atiku trying very hard to lay claim to what he is not.... Election had come and gone he should allow the court to pronounced him president before forming what he is not.don't know who advises him, that adviser or person is not doing him any good at all.

Atiku is a stateman and can make his own public statements on national and international issues as he deems fit. Did he speak on behalf of the president or presidency or from Aso Rock?

It’s obvious Apc is insecure becos atikus voice still carry’s the weight of a president than Buhari for certain and obvious reasons and it is making Apc insecure.

Has Atiku not been speaking on national issues b4 now? Why is it bothering Apc what are u guys hiding or scared of?

If Buhari talks and no1 pays attention u and Apc shud ask urselves why is that so?

2 Likes

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by oglalasioux(m): 7:03am On Jul 31, 2019
It is in this country that Lai Mohammed released a statement that Nigeria is on autopilot during Jonathan's regime. Hypocrisy is a Nigerian politician.

1 Like

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by ALEXANDER51: 7:08am On Jul 31, 2019
What is freedom of speech and expression

1 Like

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by TSRC: 7:10am On Jul 31, 2019
APC has set a lot of bad precedents that it would be very hard for them to demand patriotism and unity.

1 Like

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 31, 2019
solaugo1:

The All Progressives Congress (APC) strongly condemns the 2019 presidential candidate of the opposition party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar who has now made it a pastime to make public statements on issues, which constitutionally should be reserved for the duly elected head of government or his designees.

As a Party, we would have thought that Atiku who in the past occupied such high office as the country's vice president would clearly understand the workings of government, particularly as it bothers on national security, foreign policy and our international engagement.

We have noted Alh. Atiku’s incessant habits of releasing statements on public issues as if he were an alternative President of this country and with a clear intention to undermine President Muhammadu Buhari and the APC-led government.

In recent times, Atiku has demonstrated lack of regard for the sovereignty of the office of the President and Nigerian government through condescending statements.

He has made several of such statements regarding the activities of the Nigerian military, issues of national security, and international relations.

The latest of such statements is the one he made on the emergence of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister of Britain. Even when our duly elected President, who has the responsibility of making an official statement on such matter, has made the position of our country known. We note with serious concern that Atiku has been throwing himself around as a shadow President of Nigeria.

We would like to state clearly that such position could only be found under the parliamentary system; it does not exist under the Presidential system of government that we practice in Nigeria.

Atiku, like every Nigerian citizen, should understand that being a candidate for an elective office, including that of the President, does not confer on him a sovereign status.

Atiku continuous portrayal of himself as a shadow President under our system borders on felony and makes him a patent impostor.

There can only be one democratically elected and legitimate government at a time in this country. That clearly is the administration of Buhari

It is important to remind Atiku that issues of national security, foreign policy and international engagements are not matters to be exploited to achieve mischievous political ends.

We reiterate that Alh. Atiku has lost the 2019 presidential election and it would be unhelpful to him to continue to make a mockery of our country. We expect Atiku to quickly address himself to the stark reality of his loss and move on. Our laws are clear on all acts of criminalities, in this case, a clear case of felony.

Nigerians expect that the enforcement of relevant laws should apply to every Nigerian, irrespective of class and status.

This government would not be found wanting where it is required to take decisive actions.

SIGNED
Lanre Issa-Onilu
National Publicity Secretary
APC

Source - https://news.assure.ng/theres-a-sitting-president-in-nigeria-apc-reminds-atiku-press-statement/
What's wrong with this message by Atiku?

"A former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, has also commended and congratulated Mr Johnson and Mrs Badenoch on the development.

He said in a statement: “I commend and celebrate British Prime Minister, Mr. Boris Johnson, for appointing a British citizen of Nigerian heritage as a minister in his government.

“Your cabinet has a lot to teach the world. With an average age of 47, it is the UK’s youngest ever cabinet, and with over 25% minority representation, it is one of the world’s most diverse governments.

“It is also a gender-balanced administration, with 24% female representation. Putting together such a well-represented government is a testament to your ability to connect, include, and unite.

“Like I said in both my private and public messages to you, I am confident that under your leadership, Anglo-Nigerian relationships will be greatly strengthened.

“Let me also congratulate Mrs. Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch on her appointment as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families. I have repeatedly said that Nigerians, especially her youth, are natural leaders, with advanced intellect and abilities.

“I said this when I congratulated Kelechi (Kaycee) Madu on being made a minister in Canada and Mrs. Badenoch only corroborates my assertions.

“I urge Nigerians all over the world to note that global leaders acknowledge that we are hardworking people, with a community spirit that we take wherever we go.

“Nigerian youths are not lazy as shown by these appointments, and I look forward to the day that we can show by our youth representation in Nigeria’s government, that they are as appreciated at home as they are abroad''
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by bizzibodi(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2019
Make Dem console atiku with ministerial post na.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2019
roundman:
Reno Omokri.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Gandollar(f): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2019
kalvoken:
shocked shocked shocked

Dear nairalanders, I am bringing to your notice the disappearance of a nairalander (BBQ/Suya man. A.K.A ZOMBIE senior officer).

Hope he has not been caught while in operation? We all know he is a herdsman.

grin grin grin
He is surely here under a different moniker. I did promise him long ago that he would soon go under cover like those before him because he would be thoroughly violated for being a slowpoke. Sarrki, jesuslovesyou, omenkalives and all their known aliases have been duely chased underground and now operating under cover.
Haahhahahaha, omenka naim suffer pass..
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by bizzibodi(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2019
Atiku shld learn a lesson from mko & shehu yar'adu!
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Cameroonglass(m): 7:33am On Jul 31, 2019
Can't he Express his view on what is happening in his country as every Nigerian??
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by fkj950ax(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2019
chriskosherbal:
grin cheesy u r very angry.
He has a very strong and cogent reason to be.

All the parties he listed above have been, and are still a total disappointment. This nation has been on its knees for too long, and they are bereft of ideas in helping it stand.

I and many other people agree and also have the same opinion with him totally.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Gandollar(f): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2019
shacks99:
I long expected this statement from the government.Atiku should grow up, when your golden road has reach the end, find the strength to move on.
Save your advice for karma. APC in opposition did much more to the government in power, were you in Gabon then?
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by chronique(m): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2019
But to be honest, I'd rather listen to what Atiku has to say on national and international issues, than listen to what Buhari has to say. It just doesn't make sense, listening to an idiot talking.

1 Like

Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by ElsonMorali: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2019
I beg to disagree. There's a sleeping president in Nigeria.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Gandollar(f): 7:40am On Jul 31, 2019
netpro:
Atiku should be mindful of his cheerleaders before he ends up in Jail for Felony and being a Threat to National Security.

A word is enough to those who care.
Oh puleeese..go back to the diary section.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by ElsonMorali: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2019
chronique:
But to be honest, I'd rather listen to what Atiku has to say on national and international issues, than listen to what Buhari has to say. It just doesn't make sense, listening to an idiot talking.

I'd rather put my earphone on and listen to some great Enya music than listen to both or any of the two men speak.

One is an ethnic and religious bigot while the other is a proven looter and kleptomaniac of international repute.

They have nothing to say that will ever interest me.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by danot1030: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2019
Atiku should be thrown behind the bar asap.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2019
Niaja4real:

U are indeed a complete zombie. Tell me any lie in what he said? Where u not in this Country when Buhari & APC were making security statements & receiving foreign diplomats, when there was a sitting President in place, did heaven fall?
When Rotimi Ameachi threatened to form a parallel government in 2014, were u so drunk, that u couldn't see it as an act of criminality on the part of Ameachi & APC then?
Let me remind u since your brain has stop to function, that John Tery in 2014 came to Nigeria and went to meet Buhari & some other APC members, without a courtesy to meet Jonathan as the CinC as it were, & all of u minions applauded the blonde hair busy body, for spitting a sitting president.
Why are u crying over the same treatment u people meted out in full to another?
Go and arrest Atiku if u can & stop being unnecessarily stupid.

the guy is even sensible than you. I really don't care if Gej and any other politicians of this country is killed join

you must be empty upstairs to feel I have time to be defending politicians as you decorated dummies are doing here
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Gandollar(f): 7:45am On Jul 31, 2019
sureheaven:
Very insecure press release from APC. Seems the drums of #AtikuIsComing is giving them sleepless nights.

If Buhari was behaving like a competent President he wouldn't need to bother with Atiku's activities. An unsavoury sight to witness a sitting President, though with an alleged illegitimate mandate, being rattled by Twitter and Facebook posts of a former Vice President.

Well, you know nothing about government, rule of law, and the sovereignty of a state.
No sane government will allow anybody to keep releasing press statement on national issue.

You can't try that with Trump.
Trump would be terribly angry that you mentioned him in the same statement with the lifeless Sudanese.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by ElsonMorali: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2019
jaxxy:

Atiku is a stateman and can make his own public statements on national and international issues as he deems fit. Did he speak on behalf of the president or presidency or from Aso Rock?

It’s obvious Apc is insecure becos atikus voice still carry’s the weight of a president than Buhari for certain and obvious reasons and it is making Apc insecure.

Has Atiku not been speaking on national issues b4 now? Why is it bothering Apc what are u guys hiding or scared of?

If Buhari talks and no1 pays attention u and Apc shud ask urselves why is that so?

Looting the treasury for 8 years as vice President doesn't make you a statesman. But of course, Nigeria is a different country all on its own.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by gwinaB(m): 7:47am On Jul 31, 2019
Did he make any comment on behalf of Nigeria? Does he not have right to make comments again as an individual? Congratulating someone does not constitute usurpation of another person's role.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by Gandollar(f): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

the guy is even sensible than you. I really don't care if Gej and any other politicians of this country is killed join

you must be empty upstairs to feel I have time to be defending politicians as you decorated dummies are doing here
Then get out of politics section.
Re: There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:48am On Jul 31, 2019
eddiebruk:

Tolerance speaks volumes of a person!! You have no business in politics if you can not tolerate opposition.

hehehe tolerance that you've where have it landed you and the one all Nigerians had where has it landed them?

even Ameachi once said we steal because you don't stone us. so opposition or not we need a big hearted politicians the one Gej and other doesn't have the criteria, don't you people understand or you've problem with comprehension?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Yusuf Datti Live At The Palace Of Maimartaba Sarkin Of Ilorin. / Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 / Petrol Subsidy Rises To N48.15 Per Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.