Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Nigeria Water Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Water Project (8011 Views)

Where Is The $280 Milion Dollars Loan Ameachi Took For "Rivers Water Project"? / Why Fg Doesn't Trust Amechi's Water Project / Akwa-Ibom Mini-water Project Collapses Killing One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigeria Water Project by NegroNtns(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2010
LadyT,

Long time no hear. . . cheesy

This is excellent initiative! I believe you will get generous response, in spirit and finances but before the money start coming in, the idea - in strategy and execution - should be well thought out. The end-to-end process for how it will effectively benefit the targeted recipients need to be documented and rehearsed. Also, it can be expected that where there is money some elements of crime will creep in, so you will need political backing to enforce laws.

Here is what I think. . . . first, set up a circle of influence including people that are willing to volunteer time for meeting and conference where you can deliberate on the requirements (procedural steps).

Again, an excellent idea and God Bless you for it.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by NegroNtns(m): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2010
TOH, peek-a-boo. . . I see you! grin

Wassup Debo? How your side?
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 12:25am On Oct 24, 2010
Alagba Negro! angry

can you email me please you are so hard to track online!

Hope you are well kiss

I agree we need a well thought out plan because if we fail to plan then we plan to fail.

Thanks for the heads up Kobo grin
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by cold(m): 12:36am On Oct 24, 2010
Pls whenever you get started just let me knw.I'm tired of whining & doing nuthin about it.I'm already doin the little i can but still willing to contribute my widow's mite
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by jaybee3(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2010
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
The play pump project ran into similar maintenance issues. While many others simply dried up.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
Have not post for a few days work has been mad!

angry

Have been doing a lot of research on borehole drying etc

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Borehole+drying%3A+a+review+of+the+situation+in+the+Voltaian, -a0210520700

Interesting paper for the nerds among you.

From the looks of things I think with some of our peoples mentality there has to be some kind of education on maintanance.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by armyofone(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2010
don't let this thread die, i'm willing to contribute to worthy and noble projects.

I thot Pat Robinson is doing water projects in africa.

keep it up OP. let's learn to give back.
i want to do much once the huge dollars start rolling in soon.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 1:23am On Oct 29, 2010
LadyT:

Have not post for a few days work has been mad!

angry

Have been doing a lot of research on borehole drying etc

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Borehole+drying%3A+a+review+of+the+situation+in+the+Voltaian, -a0210520700

Interesting paper for the nerds among you.

From the looks of things I think with some of our peoples mentality there has to be some kind of education on maintanance.

Quite a lot of organizations have tried that, and a lot have learnt over time that the poor are not always in need of being taught how to fish . . . some do not care to learn at all since it's all being handed down to them at no cost to them.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2010
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2010
wink

thanks
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
Keeping it alive!
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 2:07am On Nov 15, 2010
Dealing with our people is like banging ones head against a brick wall. In the meantime I would like to donate some money to hospitals to pay for peoples treatment. At least I can feel we have started somewhere. If anyone knows any hospitals or patients who need donations please post it here!

Let's do something before this year is out.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 2:20am On Jan 05, 2011
had 3 wisdom teeth removed on the 29th of december what a new year but this has not been forgotten cry
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On Jan 05, 2011
So what next? Are we still DIGGING WELLS? Or are we going for the bigger game this time around? Water is to become the new gold and this might be an opportunity for people to make some money, while supplying well needed resource here. I am not ruling out the possibility of making a business out of this by the way. ROFLMAO!!

I no wan siddon dey wait pull money commot my own pocket everyday make some indian/chinese company come go sign billion dollar contract to supply the same people water like say we no even matter at all. ROFLMAO!!
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by debosky(m): 3:13am On Jan 05, 2011
I will sign up if you have the ability to execute a billion dollar contract. . . .I have the connections. grin

@ LadyT

Pele dear. . . .any progress on workable ideas?
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 4:04am On Jan 05, 2011
We are not too small to handle billion dollar infrastructural development projects in Nigeria. Even my niece can do a better job than thisĀ  N600 Million Water Plant Collapses At Test Run , yet some goon probably got paid billions of naira to construct that(with the way projects work in Nigeria, it is the likely the contract don exchange hands so many times before it reached the contractor handling this here), and will likely abandon it after a couple more months.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 4:10am On Jan 05, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/201011100336.html

The former Commissioner for Water Resources and Rural Development, Abdullahi Ugah, had said the contract specification designed the job for six months only.

However, by the last lap of the last quarter of 2010 - about two years after, the job is still lingering, a development which the former commissioner had blamed on lack of materials in the market. He had said, however, that the contractor was able to get materials for the job which commenced in January this year.

The contractor began laying the pipes from Kilema area of the town to NTA, and then along Jos road where work stalled later on. The former commissioner projected that by May this year, the Lafia water works will be completed, dragging the job of six months to two years.

But the project is still ongoing as it stalled after the first attempt at laying pipes. Now, work has resumed, with the contractor working still along Jos road where work has just passed Shendam road junction.

Imagine that? Yet, there have probably been organizations in the area busy digging well after well all this while, not realizing that someone is making big money from it all in the meantime. lol
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Jan 06, 2011
So @LadyT, How do you want to proceed? undecided
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2011
Someone please contact lady t and tell her that this is a new year and probably a good time to start on this. Some one us are waiting oo
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by debosky(m): 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
We shall be in touch and return with updates wink
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 5:01am On Mar 22, 2011
Knock, Knock!!! Is this still on?
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by fstranger3(m): 5:05am On Mar 22, 2011
Of course, it is dead.
It shall never work and it will never work as long as Kobojunkie is on it.

Kobojunkie Kwenu

Kobojunkie Kwezonu!!
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Knock, Knock!!! Is this still on?

Re: The Nigeria Water Project by LadyT(f): 2:25am On Nov 02, 2011
dont give up yet! will be back with something. Recently came back from naija twas an eyeopener
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On May 26, 2012
It is been over 8 months. Is this dream dead?
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
Bump again!
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
Lol.
Kobojunkie, let it be. The project is dead

LadyT rarely visits Nairaland.
Debosky is busy blowing grammar in the sports section.

Have you considered going solo??
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
Going solo on a project like this? I am a Computer Scientist, not a Mechanical Engineer or anything of that sort. I understand some of the business that may be involved, but not much else about how best to get these things done. I really had high hopes for this really, and still do.

If after getting over $5 million for a water project, a contractor can do a half-arse job and get away with it, I think we can do a better job if we put our heads together, still get paid some at the end of the day.
Re: The Nigeria Water Project by Luicstef: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Are you looking for someone to handle your water projects such as BORE-HOLE, SWIMMING ETC
Contact Mr David of PATDAV WATER ENGINEERING COMPANY on 08023393425....
He has handle lots of jobs for company like FRIESLAND CAMPRINO WAMCO, CLOSEUP, and lot more...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Govt Official Stashes N2bn Loot In Residence / Buhari Lacks Capacity To Fix Nigeria, Says Titi Abubakar / Court Dismisses Suit Against Acting CJN, Tanko Over "Age Falsification"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.