Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan (15312 Views)

See The Grammatical Blunder Of The Nigerian Police Force / Mother Of Mrs Jonathan, Sese Dies In Autocrash / Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by 2kurupt(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
@dobodobo. I concur dat

@OP. No one is above making mistakes dude, u think u can do beta in front national tv??

Unfortunately you might never get the chance to prove me wrong. Stop Hating
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by earlalright(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
@poster; you maybe correct, but abeg, let us just allow her be. suffer her to still be mrs president. i know why. e get why.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
wonder why our standards in ed are fallin
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
strangest:

Why is it that a lot of Nigerians like you, like to form OYIBO, too much,  its okay for America to use “wanna” instead of “want to”,    the French can call Paris,  Paree,  Oyibo football commentator,” Kainuuuu wan-kwo, instead of Kanu Nwankwo,  . Instead of you to be correcting Oyibo, you are here fooling yourself

people should always remember that[b] the English colonised us does not mean that we are English,  We are still NAIJA,
[/b]

You don hold my hand bros cuz I'm proudly Naija and I advocate the concept of ABINIBI.If she can't speak in simple correct tense,she may as well use pidgin.Proudly Naija !
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Iranoladun(f): 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
No need for all the insults and counter insults jare cool

Our first lady simply need to brush up on her 'act of public speaking' be it correct grammar, etiquette, poise, style etc.  SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY EXCUSE due to her exalted position than to fall in line.  Over 150 million images are at stake anytime she speaks and we deserve nothing but the best.

World over people engage professionals to groom them once they are in the limelight. Madam should do likewise no be only gele and fashion guru first lady need o wink
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by banom(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
were once a children cool shocked shocked

Nawaaa ooo my six years old kid sister can do better than this, may be Gej should contact me for negotiation.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
wink
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by zionic(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
you guys should LEFT her alone tongue
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Ibomade1: 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
This woman again. grin grin
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
zionic:

you guys should LEFT her alone tongue
Are you[b] laughed[/b] at our  firsht ladys ? stopped it noun !
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by megastu(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
First Lady of Nigeria " who born the bombers?is not women?they were once a children and now a adult"
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Dispurpose: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
@reality101: What is ur own inside her grammatical error?
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Ololo, that is good and a better way of handling arguments.
@Ode, hope u will understand with him/her, whichever.
@Tingles, pls, those errors are not 'new brand', if there is such word for a word, of english but an error that can be forgiven considering what Vindy said," english is not our first language".
@Steve, we discuss to correct ourselves and not because somebody is jealous of another, or don't  u think that it would have been better and more respectable if her tenses are well placed and spoken.
@reality, I think i will prefer to listen to Mrs Jonathan than ur "jibi-jaba" that u are speaking. Atleast i understood what Mrs Jonathan is trying to say, but what the 'heck' are u blabbing.
@Strangest/ Ade, let us not abuse each other but give constructive criticism. I think it will help in alleviating the respect of this forum.
@VINDY, I don't know what u are if u are a male or female, but i will appreciate ur words and letting all to know that we are not masters of the english language but there is enough room for us to learn more and more. The people that don't want to keep on learning are the ones that we should be telling and encouraging. I say a big thank you.
cheers to all and please, NO CURSING.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by twinskenny(m): 1:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
either blunder or no blunder she is the wife of the president, shikena
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
Dispurpose:

@reality101: What is your own inside her grammatical error?
It concerns every nigerians cuz she is the wife of the president and also,some people look up to her as their hero !
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by govnor: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
For heaven's sake must she talk? Please i think it is absolutely not compulsory to talk.

I can't really remember when Mrs Obama granted interviews. Its hard to come by.
Even in the UK, Cameron's wife is so silent to such an extent that she is hardly in the news
expect when she put to bed. Even when criticized for wearing an expensive dress despite
the massive cuts pertinent in the country. She never made any effort to speak nor defend herself.

Common Mrs. Jonathan should either seek English tutorial to improve her use of the language
or better still read speech prepared for her by those who are experts in the field. Haba wetin!
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Rhymez(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
I was embarrassed the way she speaks in her native accent. I quickly changed the channel. smiley
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by moneypalav: 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
Have you read posts on Nairaland and articles in our newspapers lately? Grammatical and even spelling errors are not limited to Patience alone. They are problems that reflect the present quality of education in our country. May God help us.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by madprof(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
English being 1st, 2nd or last language is no excuse not to speak it properly, especially for a public figure. It is simply unacceptable and reflects us in poor light.
Come to think of it, when was the last time Nigeria had an educated first lady, a woman with finesse and a graceful carriage? And yes, a real education?!
Experience has shown that our first ladies (at all levels) need grooming. They are generally an embarassment.

strangest:

Why is it that a lot of Nigerians like you, like to form OYIBO, too much, its okay for America to use “wanna” instead of “want to”, the French can call Paris, Paree, Oyibo football commentator,” Kainuuuu wan-kwo, instead of Kanu Nwankwo, . Instead of you to be correcting Oyibo, you are here fooling yourself

people should always remember that the English colonised us does not mean that we are English, We are still NAIJA,

strangest,
Yours is an excuse that is so common it has become a cliche. If you dislike the English language, why do you still use it to communicate? What has colonization got to do with speaking correctly? How many oyibos have corrected you for poor grammar? Will contempt for the English language improve our poor performance in WEAC/NECO/JAMB?
Get your priorities right!
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by saintfrank(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
She wasn’t wrong at all D senators was once a children ……. Una don every make speech for TV for una whole life……. Jealousy gho kill many of una….even G. Bush don make use of wrong phrase on air…, is not new at all , Yo’re all should get a life ooooooh!!!
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by juman(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
The firstlady is a Nigerian, an Ijaw, ibo or something not an English woman. English is not her native language.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by denony(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
shakes head and leave  undecided
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by itsmayiela(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
The woman should simply hire an interpreter so that she can speak in Izon while the interpreter explains it in English. shikena.

But , meanwhile, her husband has lost my vote for marrying an illiterate woman.

She no fit polish herself grammatically right from when her husband be deputy director for OMPADEC, deputy Guvnor for Bayelsa, Guvnor for Bayelsa, Vice presido for Naija & now Presido. Haba Hajia,
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by strangest(m): 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
madprof:

English being 1st, 2nd or last language is no excuse not to speak it properly, especially for a public figure. It is simply unacceptable and reflects us in poor light.
Come to think of it, when was the last time Nigeria had an educated first lady, a woman with finesse and a graceful carriage? And yes, a real education?!
Experience has shown that our first ladies (at all levels) need grooming. They are generally an embarassment.

strangest,
Yours is an excuse that is so common it has become a cliche. If you dislike the English language, why do you still use it to communicate? What has colonization got to do with speaking correctly? How many oyibos have corrected you for poor grammar? Will contempt for the English language improve our poor performance in WEAC/NECO/JAMB?
Get your priorities right!

WHY DONT YOU GO AND TELL OBAMA TO STOP USING "WANNA" AND "GONNA", I GUESS YOU MAY SAY THAT'S "AMERICAN ENGLISH", WELCOME TO "NAIJA ENGLISH",
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Pethan: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Please she should go and polish are spoken English it is important for a public figure like her  embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad sad
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by juman(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
itsmayiela:

But , meanwhile, her husband has lost my vote for marrying an illiterate woman.
Her english not so bad. Just one or two mistakes. That is normal. If you listen to president of some countries, you will see that the woman speaks ENOUGH good english. If you listen  to Najib Tun Razak (PM of malaysia). You will realize that our firstlady is trying. There are many other world leaders like that.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by DEKUNLE26: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
i thot ds forum was 4matured pple.i wnt u 2knw dat pple criticise because they are jobless n notin 2do.
if not hw can u bring ur president's wife on air on such stupid n nasty conversation lik ds.
sm1 dat his up to 2ur aunt if nt ur mum.u dnt need 2emphasis on sm1 mistake instead just laugh over it n
keep quite(big boy).i dnt blame u guys is just  poverty n unemployment dat is our country.
hw would our country b developed wen w r busy discussin on useless discusion on d important forum lik ds.
Nairaland's manager pls knw wat u post on air.our brothers n our sisters read ds outside so wat image r w paintin our
country dat our first lady is an illiterate?.pls just think abt it.thanks  cry embarassed
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by DEKUNLE26: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
i thot ds forum was 4matured pple.i wnt u 2knw dat pple criticise because they are jobless n notin 2do.
if not hw can u bring ur president's wife on air on such stupid n nasty conversation lik ds.
sm1 dat his up to 2ur aunt if nt ur mum.u dnt need 2emphasis on sm1 mistake instead just laugh over it n
keep quite(big boy).i dnt blame u guys is just  poverty n unemployment dat is our country.
hw would our country b developed wen w r busy discussin on useless discusion on d important forum lik ds.
Nairaland's manager pls knw wat u post on air.our brothers n our sisters read ds outside so wat image r w paintin our
country dat our first lady is an illiterate?.pls just think abt it.thanks  cry embarassed
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by madprof(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
strangest:

WHY DONT YOU GO AND TELL OBAMA TO STOP USING "WANNA" AND "GONNA", I GUESS YOU MAY SAY THAT'S "AMERICAN ENGLISH", WELCOME TO "NAIJA ENGLISH",

You may go on defending an obviously deficient woman who clearly needs help. I'm done on this matter.
Cheers.
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
Every nation gets the leaders they deserve. But I'm a fan of hers actually. Make we manage the woman abeg  grin grin at least till 2011 if possible
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by MUZBO(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
lol. . .'senators were once a childen' .thats even more hilarious than: ''America did it, France did it, England did it, Nigerians why can't we too did it!''
Re: Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan by Dialup(m): 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
slowly She will get there!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Been Banned Before? Pls Share. / Wealth Management Services - Do You Really Need Them / What Happened To Christmas Cards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.