Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:13 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (274907 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:02am On Jan 08, 2015
. Initiations Links Soul to the Audible Life Stream

. The ECK is the essence of Sugmad, or God. It flows from the Creator down into the lower worlds and then returns again to the Source. It supports and sustains all life. Over the centuries It has been given many names. The Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost, Logos, the Word, Divine Spirit, the Bani, and the Vadan are a few of these names. Many religious traditions refer to the ECK in some way.
. Divine Spirit is also called the Audible Life Stream, because It can be experienced audibly, as Sound. It is awareness of this Sound that distinguishes Eckankar from many other religions. When Soul is ready, the Mahanta links It with this Sound. This allows Soul to travel at Its own pace back to God.
. As individuals progress spiritually, they become eligible for further initiations. Each initiation strengthens the bond of love between the individual and God.

ECKANKAR Ancient Wisdom for Today
Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta the Living ECK Master

2 Likes

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:10am On Jan 09, 2015
. How Many Initiations Are There?

. The inability of the mind to comprehend those areas beyond the Soul Plane limits us in our understanding of the various heavens and their corresponding initiations. From the physical perspective, we can identify fourteen levels of initiation. Yet there is always a plus factor in Eckankar. There is no end to the spiritual universe. The God Worlds are not finite areas surrounded by borders.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2015
. Each of Us Enters Eckankar with a Different State of Consciousness

. Harold Klemp says in How to Survive Spiritually in Our Times, "Your ECK initiation can open the window of heaven. Your state of consciousness means nothing more than your state of acceptance."
. Each of us enters the path of ECKankar with a different state of consciousness. Our own level of unfoldment depends on our experience in this life and in previous incarnations. Some have studied the ECK teachings in past lives and therefore take to the path quite easily. For others it may be their first contact with the teachings of Light and Sound, and they may feel more comfortable proceeding slowly.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:57am On Jan 10, 2015
. The Initiations Process

. Beyond the First Initiation, which occurs in the dream state, initiations in ECK are given both physically and spiritually. The Living ECK Master authorizes each initiation. A letter is sent to the ECKist, which is an invitation to receive the initiation. The ECKist then makes an appointment with an ECK Initiator.
. The initiation takes less than an hour to complete, and includes instruction and contemplation. In some initiations, a new spiritual word is given, to be sung during spiritual exercises.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2015
. Initiation Pace and Frequency Vary

. The pace of spiritual progress varies from person to person. A number of years normally pass between ECK initiations to ensure that each person has built strong spiritual foundations at each level.
. Some may experience their next initiation inwardly six months or more before they receive the outer invitation from the Master. For others, the significance of the initiation may not be fully understood for months after the initiation.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2015
. Each Initiation Corresponds to a Different Plane of Existence

. Each initiation corresponds to a specific plane. The Second Initiation is related to the Astral Plane, the Third to the Causal Plane, the Fourth to the Mental Plane, and so on. The Fifth Initiation is especially significant, because it corresponds to the Soul Plane. This is the beginning of the pure spiritual worlds, above space and time. At the Fifth Plane, the usual laws of karma and reincarnation no longer hold sway.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by damesilver(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
I am sorry if my questions are unworthy of response. But I will appreciate if they can be attended to. Thanks.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ damesilver

Uncle Ben, thanks for the good work you started here.

May I ask what Eckanker teaches about the subject Sex, marriage and celibacy?
What should be the attitude of a spiritual striving person in these matters?
Thanks and remain blessed.

I am sorry if my questions are unworthy of response. But I will appreciate if they can be attended to. Thanks

i am sorry, i didn't see the question till i saw your current post , i then had to search for it.

teachings of ECKANKAR lays more emphasis on the individual first discovering him/herself as soul and then realizing its relationship with God. once this is done, the direction for your life then comes from within as directed by the Holy spirit.
and each individual is unique and with different needs for their spiritual growth. so the teachings usually does not focus on social issues like sex, marriage or celibacy.
the underlying thing there is for a soul to become spiritually matured and to become more loving and responsible in order to be a co-worker with God.
on the other hand if you want to know if being celibate or staying away from sex will make you more Holy or more spiritual , the answer is no. what helps you to attain spirituality is putting your attention on God by doing Spiritual exercises that links you up to the guidance of the Holy spirit.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
. Consciousness Has to Be Earned Moment to Moment

. Of course, obtaining the Fifth Initiation in Eckankar does not guarantee spiritual balance or understanding. Consciousness always has to be earned moment to moment. Regardless of spiritual statue, a person can become confused, experience a spiritual setback, and have to start on the path again. The road becomes narrower as we move into the higher worlds. With greater spiritual freedom comes greater responsibility and accountability.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:42am On Jan 12, 2015
. The Rules Change From Plane to Plane

. The initiations of ECK can have a dramatic effect on our spiritual lives. If, as a Second Initiate, we become accustomed to operating on the Astral Plane, we may expect the rules and system learned there to work for us everywhere. Many who take the Third Initiation are puzzled to find out that the Causal Plane operates in a different manner. They must learn the new rules. This process constitutes part of our spiritual growth.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:48am On Jan 12, 2015
. The Real Initiation Occurs Inside

. Only the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master can link up Soul with the ECK through initiation. The outer initiation is simple and easy. As with many experiences in Eckankar, the real event occurs inside each of us. The outer initiation is a physical acknowledgement of the inner spiritual event. It is the inner event which makes all the difference.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:53am On Jan 12, 2015
. Initiations Are Private and Sacred

. The clergy of Eckankar are from the ranks of the Higher Initiates, those in the Fifth Circle or above. And teachers of Eckankar classes must have reached at least their Second Initiation. Yet these are not distinction which one ECKist uses to compare himself to another, or to gain status in the community. The initiations of ECK are private and sacred.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by damesilver(m): 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
Thanks for the response sir.

I want to ask if you're still examining the Grail Message. If you are, what is your experience of it?
There is a particular lecture in it which I would want you to study. Can I post it here?

Thanks very much and remain blessed Sir.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
@ damesilver

Thanks for the response sir.

I want to ask if you're still examining the Grail Message. If you are, what is your experience of it?
There is a particular lecture in it which I would want you to study. Can I post it here?

Thanks very much and remain blessed Sir.

i am still examining it.
you can send the lecture to my e-mail. benodic@yahoo.com

thanks and remain blessed
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:11am On Jan 13, 2015
. Each Initiation Is an Invitation from the Living ECK Master to Take the Next Step on the way Home to God.

. The Living ECK Master is the only one who can approve an initiation for an ECKist. The First Initiation usually comes within the first year of study. It is entirely an inner initiation. Sometimes the student of ECK will remember this, and sometimes not. It can occur in the dream state, or it can be experienced during a spiritual exercise. There is no outer ceremony to mark the First Initiation.
. Each person, regardless of his outer initiation, is capable of spiritual greatness. Each initiation is an invitation from the Living ECK Master to take the next step on the way home to God.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by kingsunpack: 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
praise be to the Lord almigthy. Over 5 years ago i have been seeking for grail but all i always get is the defination of Cup used during the supper day.

I thought i was a different person not until now. 5 years ago, i tried alot to sleep but couldn't sleep in the night, suddenly i got my pen and started writing something that is even beyond my knowledge which i still have till now. I finished writing and my spirit told me to published but i disobeyed because i believe its strange and i might be criticised because am too young to have such deep knowledge about Jesus. Moreover, i have received alot of revelation that i need help but not even a pastor nor a father can interpret. I thought maybe God wants me to join a brotherhood in catholic, then i joined a catholic church. After three 3 days mass prayer, i met a brother and told him what i saw but his advise was to pray and know my path. Therefore, i left catholic and did 3 days pure fasting after reading about Esther in the bible and her secret was revealed to me. lo and Behold something strange happened in my house in the 3rd day of fasting, during this adventure i never informed any living creature what i was engaged in but my junior brother called me and wept bitterly that what have i done that he saw an angel turning around me speedily that he cannot even describe that kind od movement. Same day God visited me and i told him what i saw.
At my early age God has shown me alot about his Son (Jesus). After some years i dumped all this message and focus on my education. But yesterday i spoke with a Rev sr. sis. in catholic church and after my discussion and she called me a grail messanger, i told her am not but later stopped the discusion. That prompt me to search the google engine to see what is called grail messanger and now here am i.

Am glad to see people of same spirit,same ambition. I read all the post on this forum and found that things talked about here is already written by the holy spirit through me. I can't wait to read grail message book because here i discovered a book is already written.

This is beyond human knowledge then if a man can truely write such a book because i know what it takes me to write in the mid nigh The spirit of the truth is the one at work.

i called my self a researcher but now with the help of my fellow true worshippers i know i am a seeker but fully loaded with the revelation to share with the world.

You shall know the TRUTH and it shall set you free.

please i need a good leader to teach me more about grail message and i will love to attend lectures.

my number 08128238687, mail~ kingsunpack@gmail.com
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:24am On Jan 14, 2015
. The ECK Masters

. These ECK Masters are also on every plane and planet in the universes of God. Their work is to help forward the evolution of humanity, to find and train disciples. They see that these disciples come to the Living ECK Master so that he can take them under his charge to bring about qualities of love and wisdom in this world.

. The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
. Book Two

. Much has been written about guardian angels. In fact, there have been so many reports of angelic visitation that national research groups have been formed to record and investigate the phenomenon. Sometimes these angels appear physically during a life-threatening episode, then disappear. Other times, accompanied by blue or white light, they appear in an inner vision or dream. Sometimes they appear as invincible friends to children. One common thread in all these appearance is that, through the experience, people's lives are changed for the better.
. In Eckankar, these angels are ECK Masters. You've read about several of them already. Eckankar literature is rich with the stories of people who were helped by the ECK Masters. They include inner healing by Lai Tsi, an ancient Chinese ECK Master, and help during hardship by a female ECK Master, Kata Daki. And accounts of animals or favourite pets being protected by Prajapati, another ECK Master. Their appearance makes an impression that lasts a lifetime. Often these occurrences take place before people discover Eckankar for themselves.
. Probably the most common occurrence is the appearance of the"man in blue" or the appearance of a blue light. This is the Living ECK Master.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
. The Living ECK Master Belongs to the Order of Vairagi, Providing Guidance Home to God

. When the Living ECK Master steps down from his position, he usually takes on a different mission in the heavenly hierarchy. Shamus-i-Tabriz, who served as the Living ECK Master over four hundred years ago, now teaches in a wisdom temple on one of the other planes.
. The brotherhood of ECK Masters are members of the Order of the Vairagi. The Sanskrit word vairagi means"detached." These Masters are detached from the passions of this world. Their only mission is to guide Soul home to God. They do not have a social agenda and usually stay away from political and other causes. Through the Spiritual Exercises of ECK, many ECKist work with some of these ECK Masters.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
. Harold Klemp's Link with a Long Line of Living ECK Masters

. The present Living ECK Master, Harold Klemp, studied under Paul Twitchell, who studied under numerous teachers, including the Tibetan Rebazar Tarzs. This unbroken chain reaches back through time. There have been countless ECK Masters in this lineage. Some have been historical figures, but most have worked silently or with small groups.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
. You Can Be Free from Fear

. A common expression in Eckankar is that the Master is always with you. The Mahanta gives spiritual protection in a number of ways. Just like on earth the inner heavens contain both good and bad elements. Some of us stumble onto certain areas of the Astral Plane and become frightened. Without knowing why, other people are plagued by fears through out their life. And still others, particularly in the developing nations, have serious concerns about witchcraft and voodoo. The Mahanta provides a cloak of protection for his students so they can grow and learn spiritually without fear.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:54am On Jan 16, 2015
. We Are Never Given More Than We Can Handle

. The Mahanta also works with each ECKist in the dream state. When we dream, we simply operate in a different state of consciousness. We have less resistance to Divine Spirit, and we can more easily receive the guidance of the Master. The ECKist finds many spiritual issues are resolved while dreaming, and Eckankar provides instructions which helps us remember and understand our dreams.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:01am On Jan 16, 2015
. The Living ECK Master Grants Total Spiritual Freedom to His Students

. The prime mission of the Mahanta the Living ECK Master is to lead Soul home to God. The Master always grants total spiritual freedom to his students. They are never controlled or manipulated, and they have complete freedom of choice in every aspect of life. The ECK Masters have attained spiritual freedom for themselves and would like to share this joy with as many Souls as want it.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
. There Is Always a Living ECK Master

. Eckankar always has a living Master. The Living ECK Master makes sure the spiritual essence of the teachings remains pure even though the outer form and shape of Eckankar might change.
. Each Living ECK Master is responsible for training and appointing his successor. There are always a number of individuals who are quietly in training to become the next Living ECK Master. The spiritual training is rigorous, and many do not pass the required tests. Only one is chosen.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
. Few Religions Resemble the Spiritual Teaching Given by the Founders

. Very few religions of today resemble the spiritual teaching given by their founders. Christianity has gone through many changes, and the Bible has seen many edits. As a result, what is written may bear little resemblance to what Christ actually said. The purpose of a living Master is to prevent such misdirection of the original spiritual truths. The Master is the Living Word.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:18am On Jan 17, 2015
. With the Living ECK Master as Guide, We Experience Only What Is Necessary for Spiritual Growth

. The ECK Masters have made the same spiritual journey and have come to understand the road. They know the shortest route. We can save enormous wear and tear by following their lead back to God. Without a spiritual guide, the journey home can be long and arduous. With the Living ECK Master as our guide, we experience only what is necessary for our spiritual growth. The purpose of the Living ECK Master is to show us the way home to God.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:25am On Jan 17, 2015
. The Mahanta Is the Inner Form of the Living ECK Master

. The Mahanta, the Living ECK Master is the spiritual leader of Eckankar. The Mahanta is the inner, or spiritual, form of the Living ECK Master, which most ECKist work with on a daily basis. Few can physically converse with the Living ECK Master because of physical-world limitations. But the Mahanta is available to all at every moment.

Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta, the Living ECK Master
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:27am On Jan 17, 2015
Dhyana Technique

The Dhyana technique is simple: you gaze steadily at the shining face of the Living ECK Master on the inner screen of the mind. Keep this exercise to a half hour maximum unless you are getting results. These results should be that the Master steps into your attention and begins to lift you out of the body to start traveling into the higher worlds.

When you have your attention fixed on the Master's image, start singing his name. You can sing Harji, Wah Z, or simply Z. The Living ECK Master awaits you in his radiant form. He is always here looking for his beloved follower to arrive in Soul body.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
. The Living ECK Master Is Not Worshiped

. In Eckankar, the Living ECK Master is not idolized. He is given respect and love, but he is not worshipped. It is the Master's function, not his personality, that is important. Thus when the Mastership is passed from one person to another, the spiritual life of the ECKist need not change.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2015
. The Living ECK Master Takes on Karma but Doesn't Relieve It

. The Mahanta also takes over the karma of his followers. This does not mean he will relieve anyone of their karma, for this could mean they would be deprived of an experience they may need. But it means their karmic experience will be organized in such a way they can better understand the lessons being offered.
. If we open our hearts, we will be able to see what our experiences are telling us about our attitudes and our own spiritual nature. The Mahanta also tells us we will never receive more than we can handle. Our karma is regulated in such a way that, if we listen to our spiritual guidance, we won't be overloaded, lose our balance, and fall off the spiritual path.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
. It's Natural to Question

. The God Worlds of ECK are vast and can be quite confusing to the uninitiated. Am I on the Astral Plane? Am I on the best path? Is this a true spiritual experience, or am I deluding myself? Where are the signposts? How far is the goal? What is the goal? It is natural under such circumstances to seek out a guide. We look for someone who has travelled the road before and can now show us the way.

. The ECKist's Goal Is Spiritual Mastery

. The goal of every ECKist is to experience life to the fullest, which means being a CO-worker with God. That is spiritual mastery. Some of us may eventually serve on earth as "guardian angel" ECK Masters, while others will pursue specialized interest in the spiritual worlds.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:15am On Jan 19, 2015
. The Play of Soul

. The play of Soul is like a drama in which Soul is both the actor and audience. On entering the theatre the audience knows that it is about to see a play, but the actor creates Maya, an illusion of reality which gives the audience extreme emotions of joy and terror, laughter or tears. It is in the joy and sorrow of all beings that Soul, as audience, is carried away by Itself as the actor.

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
Book One

. Eckankar Is a Living Religion

. The great beauty of Eckankar is that it is a living religion. It's not bogged down with credos and dogmas. It evolves as our consciousness evolves. We do not worship the Living ECK Master. He is a guide to be respected, loved and honored. He is not an icon to be worshipped. You may study many books and attend classes or lectures, but your real learning comes from inside yourself and from your experiences.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:23am On Jan 20, 2015
. Prove It for Yourself

. As reported in the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad, the ECK Master Gopal Das once said, "Those who follow the ECK take nothing for granted, for they must prove it for themselves. Only then will they know that God so loved them that He sent a Living ECK Master to bring Souls home to Him."

. Understand Who You Really Are

. As you begin to study the teachings of Eckankar, you may accelerate your spiritual growth. By practising the Spiritual Exercises of Eckankar, you can learn to Soul Travel. You begin to understand who you really are: That you're here for a spiritual purpose. You can let go of your fear of death. You worry less. You invite more love into your life. You feel energized and grow and change. Undesirable habits begin to fall away.
. You begin to understand the nature and importance of dreams. The dream becomes a teaching tool. The Dream Master is the teacher. He helps you look unabashedly at your innermost fears and desires, and helps you come to terms with them. The ultimate purpose of dreams is to bring you closer to the Light and Sound of God.

Sri Harold Klemp

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (173) (Reply)

Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka / 20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read) / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.