Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car (43857 Views)

Man Chains His Car Like A Dog In Warri, Delta state / How Man Drives His Ferrari Out Of His House Everyday (Hilarious Video, Photos) / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by tallfish145(m): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Philipp Plein is outrageously overrated.
His styles are just low-budget Ed Hardys.

With that said,
I stand with Ferrari.
Professional decorum must never be overlooked with brand trademark advertising.
do you have personal beef with Philip before? he bought the car with his money and has the right to use it the way he wants. don't be a badbelle fellow

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by sisisioge: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2019
BrutalJab:

Shut up your dirty mouth and read the lawsuit again

Poor Nigerians like you always think they have an opinion.

Is Phillip Plein the first person to advertise his products on top of a Ferrari

Please get off my mention rich nationless azzzhole!

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Kokaine(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2019
mgdimagaladima:
No be his money he use buy the car?

Na his car,,, they should free the guy abeg
exactly my sentiments. He bought the car. If I buy Benz and want to use the boot as my dustbin at home, does it make me liable?
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by BrutalJab: 10:12am On Oct 30, 2019
sisisioge:

Please get off my mention rich nationless azzzhole!
Wow! You have finally gone bonkers. grin

Ferrari is never your father's property so you have no right to call Philipp Plein an idiot.
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Advancedman(m): 10:25am On Oct 30, 2019
Automotive1:

According to the cease and desist letter that fashion designer Philipp Plein recently received from Ferrari, Ferrari’s lawyers wants him to delete an Instagram post that showed his sneakers on the bonnets of his two parked Ferraris.

I mean the one that features a limited edition pair of Plein’s $800-plus PHANTOM KICK$ sneakers sitting atop of Plein’s $350,000-plus(₦127m+) green Ferrari 812 Superfast, with Ferrari’s word mark and legally-protected prancing horse logo front and center. 

The letter reads:

The letter concluded by threatening legal action and demanding that Plein take down the post within 48 hours.

In his Instagram post on Monday, Plein, who has opted not to remove the images despite the threat from Ferrari, stated,
“I can’t even put in words how disappointed and disgusted I am about this unfair and totally inappropriate claim against me personally,” noting that he purchased his first Ferrari 10 years ago and remains a “good client” of Ferrari.

“If you want to continue treating your loyal clients with such letters from your lawyers, you will lose the support from many Ferrari fans.”

Plein concluded by saying:
“My lawyers will go hard and I will make every step public until FERRARI stops bullying their clients,”

https://autojosh.com/ferrari-threaten-to-sue-fashion-designer-for-advertising-his-shoes-on-top-of-his-n127m-sports-car/

They are Mad have they purchased his own products worth the purchase he has made from them or Na advert he is doing for them.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Samulux: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2019
This really rubbish he didn't rent the car the car belong to him, he has every right to do what he want to with this car.. Ferrari are crazy, if na me I go burn the car make I look If dem go jail me.. Benz to the world
Automotive1:

According to the cease and desist letter that fashion designer Philipp Plein recently received from Ferrari, Ferrari’s lawyers wants him to delete an Instagram post that showed his sneakers on the bonnets of his two parked Ferraris.

I mean the one that features a limited edition pair of Plein’s $800-plus PHANTOM KICK$ sneakers sitting atop of Plein’s $350,000-plus(₦127m+) green Ferrari 812 Superfast, with Ferrari’s word mark and legally-protected prancing horse logo front and center. 

The letter reads:

The letter concluded by threatening legal action and demanding that Plein take down the post within 48 hours.

In his Instagram post on Monday, Plein, who has opted not to remove the images despite the threat from Ferrari, stated,
“I can’t even put in words how disappointed and disgusted I am about this unfair and totally inappropriate claim against me personally,” noting that he purchased his first Ferrari 10 years ago and remains a “good client” of Ferrari.

“If you want to continue treating your loyal clients with such letters from your lawyers, you will lose the support from many Ferrari fans.”

“My lawyers will go hard and I will make every step public until FERRARI stops bullying their clients,”

https://autojosh.com/ferrari-threaten-to-sue-fashion-designer-for-advertising-his-shoes-on-top-of-his-n127m-sports-car/

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Smith234(m): 11:16am On Oct 30, 2019
Shebi na from wetin he advertise he for see money buy the car na wa ooh
Automotive1:

The letter reads:

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 30, 2019
make him forget Ferrari come buy innoson motors...nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by MrPaul2: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
iammo:
shocked

Most of this luxury car makers are paranoid.... Bugatti has a waiting list for few selected customers, rolls royce produces limited numbers of some variant of thier cars only for selected people on a 1 year waiting list

The worst one is some hypercars traded to few customers cant be openly sold by the owners , they sued Vin Diesel when he tried selling his exclussive car

It therefore means that, Ferrari own all there super cars, they only rented it out to their clients. I can't own a property and still be subject to control as to how and when to use it.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Wallade(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
wamide042:

I know deep down inside you, you won’t be happy but you will be like ‘afterall i have collected my money’.... and that’s where you got it wrong.
I make shoes and I wouldn’t be happy when someone buys them and wear it to a dumpsite.

It is no longer your property. It belongs to the owner of the shoes, you can feel bad that he wore it to dumpsite but not to the extent of litigation against him.

You have gone too far to express your disapproval in that case.
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by GOOOGLE504(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
KngGezy:
What an Effontry

A car already purchased from Ferrari
What concerns them with what the owner uses his car for after purchase.

Nawao after spending half a million dollars on an overrated supercar. The supercar company now sues me for taking photos with my car.

I wonder what they would have done if they saw him making out on the bonnet. Oyinbo sef ehn

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by litaninja(m): 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
Abi won ti madt ni?

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Dozie32(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
This is a very big threat to their loyal client, whereas so many car industries are even praying that their cars to be used for and advert. What a nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Sunsets: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
Not so fast bro. Did you read the line where the lawyers brought to light that the right is being enjoyed by some selected shoemakers? This is all about business. If Plein desires to advertise his shoes with F's logo, he should discuss terms. datzul
mgdimagaladima:
No be his money he use buy the car?

Na his car,,, they should free the guy abeg
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by ojraph(m): 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
iammo:
shocked

Most of this luxury car makers are paranoid.... Bugatti has a waiting list for few selected customers, rolls royce produces limited numbers of some variant of thier cars only for selected people on a 1 year waiting list

The worst one is some hypercars traded to few customers cant be openly sold by the owners , they sued Vin Diesel when he tried selling his exclussive car

dude most of those supercars are for starters well expensive and Buggatti spend lots of money makin those cars last year bugatti spent up to billions of dollars putting the bugatti chiron and dive into production and most of this cars arebt quite authorised in mist nations because of the speed their high end engines give out now did u know the most rarest lamborhgini is the lamborhgini sesto elemento which like only 6 were made so making exotic cars isn't quite easy for this auto makers that's why they take much stepps and procedures before they sell em

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by ojraph(m): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2019
MrPaul2:

It therefore means that, Ferrari own all there super cars, they only rented it out to their clients. I can't own a property and still be subject to control as to how and when to use it.
the main reason why ferrari is lashing out is because in d pic the logo and name of ferrari were involved and the guy and ferrari are not in partnership for him to advertise his stuffs on it so his in no position actually to do so
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by ojraph(m): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2019
Automotive1:

The letter reads:

n reason why ferrari is lashing out is because in d pic the logo and name of ferrari were involved and the guy and ferrari are not in partnership for him to advertise his stuffs on it so his in no position actually to do so
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by tonididdy(m): 2:28am On Oct 31, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Philipp Plein is outrageously overrated.
His styles are just low-budget Ed Hardys.

With that said,
I stand with Ferrari.
Professional decorum must never be overlooked with brand trademark advertising.

u just blow grama to say rubbish.
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car by Mjshexy(f): 5:00am On Oct 31, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

Not necessarily.

This guy is using their brand for promotional purposes.

They've spent a lot of time and money to attain their position in the mind of customers.

They also sell merchandise...
Alright dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It / Okada Rider Invent New Bike That Cannot Be Arrested (Picture) / The Time A Car Cost N3,984 In Nigeria In 1982 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.