Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended (43215 Views)

”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Couple Who Married After 3 Weeks Of Meeting Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by IssaGist: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Nigerian woman who married her ex after 3 months of knowing him narrates why their marriage ended

A Nigerian lawyer who married her ex after a very short courtship has told of how her marriage ended up being a nightmare that she had to escape from.

Kylie Joy Terundu said she had known her husband for only 3 months before they decided to get married. But while in the marriage, she realized it was different from her expectations and she had to make a life-changing decision.

She eventually decided to leave the marriage even though the union had already produced daughters.

She said she never believed she would end up a single mother but she's glad she made the decision to divorce her husband and start all over.

The writer wrote on Instagram"...

Isn’t it crazy yet wonderful how unscripted life can be?
I mean look at me, if anyone had told me that I would one day be a single mother, I wouldn’t have believed them.
I always thought that I would grow old with the one man that I marry; it’s what I wanted, it’s what I grew up witnessing.
My parents have been together for 31 years. Though imperfect, I watched my father treat my mother with so much love and respect.
They liked eachother's company and I never witnessed dad being cruel to mum.
He was always supporting her even when we all knew that she has messed up.
It was so beautiful to watch (it still is) and I wanted the same for myself.

But, when I got married to the man I met only three Months after “knowing” him (long distance), this dream of mine was not to hold.
I tried to make it work, we both did but in the end, I was so miserable (we both were). We were incompatible to say the least and when two persons who have completely different views about life, beliefs and dreams come to live together, the result is chaos.
I wasn’t going to cross over; that would have meant losing myself and everything that I believed in. He wasn’t going to cross either –
I was then faced with two options:

1. To accept that situation and spend the rest of life wondering what might have been if I had married the man who shared my dreams, ideas, hopes and beliefs.
The man who spoke tenderly to me, who saw my soul for what it is, who wanted to take long walks together, play board games, enjoy reading my works and think that I am the most incredible being ever whom he cannot imagine a life without
OR
2. Leave and avail myself for the life that I desire.

I chose the latter because forever I decided, is too long a time to stay unhappy.
It’s being great out here.
I’m at peace.
My chest doesn’t hurt anymore and I do not dread each passing day.

I'm surrounded with the love and support of family and a few good friends.
I’m able to further my life and pursue all the things I've always desired to do.

Being a single mother has been awesome too, I carry my status with pride, because it really is nothing to feel ashamed about, if anything, I am proud of myself for having the courage to do all that I have done.
You should see me screening toasters ?, that’s because I am not willing to settle for just any man.
I know what I want and it's what I would have and give myself to.
As for our girls, they would continue to know that daddy loves them.
What happened between us is between us, the kids should not have to suffer for it nor witness it at all, because when parents fight, the children bleed and I would not do that to our girls.
Daddy loves them and they should have a great relationship.
I am very hopeful about the future.
I hope that he finds his happy (if it hasn’t happened yet) and I hope that we can be reasonable co-parents (because we would marry other people) who can sit down together and even take trips for the sake of our beautiful girls.
It’s a great life.
I made the best desicion I could have made.
#singlemom

Meawhile, below is a comment from an Instagram user who already analysed the problem of the poster's marriage from the little narration he read, and came up with a diagnosis.

See more here; https://gistmore.com/nigerian-woman-who-married-her-ex-after-3-months-of-knowing-him-narrates-why-their-marriage-ended

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Mutemenot(m): 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
shocked
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by IssaGist: 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2019

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by luvyaself95(m): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
Why 3 months of relationship lead to marriage will not crash even 3 years courtship Crash...
only grace of God Help balance the equation...

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Raalsalghul: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2019
IssaGist:
Nigerian woman who married her ex after 3 months of knowing him narrates why their marriage ended

A Nigerian lawyer who married her ex after a very short courtship has told of how her marriage ended up being a nightmare that she had to escape from.

Kylie Joy Terundu said she had known her husband for only 3 months before they decided to get married. But while in the marriage, she realized it was different from her expectations and she had to make a life-changing decision.

She eventually decided to leave the marriage even though the union had already produced daughters.

She said she never believed she would end up a single mother but she's glad she made the decision to divorce her husband and start all over.

Meawhile, below is a comment from an Instagram user who already analysed the problem of the poster's marriage from the little narration he read, and came up with a diagnosis.

See more here; https://gistmore.com/nigerian-woman-who-married-her-ex-after-3-months-of-knowing-him-narrates-why-their-marriage-ended
Can her boobs still look sexy like this when she unclothes.
That's the only thing I'm interested in, not this epistle. angry

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by 111sunshine: 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2019
different strokes for different folks
Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by osemoses69: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
See your teeth

4 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2019
I am always happy to when women take the bull by the horn and make decisions like this! I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompatible with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2019
Foolish people desperate for marriage who are willing to marry donkeys (they got to know via long distance r/ship) and then turn around and are surprised when these donkey turn out to be DONKEYS.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by FinanceBiz: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2019
You knew him for 3 months and you have daughters? How? This doesn't add up.

29 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Biglittlelois(f): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2019
Are we suppose to clap for her cos she's now a single mother or we should be happy that two adults couldn't compromise on important issues that'll make their marriage work for the best? No one should come online to rant on being happy regardless of a failed marriage, it is not an achievement.

187 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Biglittlelois(f): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
FinanceBiz:

Kindly read, assimilate and comprehend well next time.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by larryking540: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Are we suppose to clap for her cos she's now a single mother or we should be happy that two adults couldn't compromise on important issues that'll make their marriage work for the best? No one should come online to rant on being happy regardless of a failed marriage, it is not an achievement.
I really find it disgusting, we no even get shame at all for some kin matters o, it's her life sha,
she is working and can afford to take care of herself even if she breaks out of the next marriage

12 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by FinanceBiz: 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Yes Sir! I'm not arguing.

Long distance relationship, Ex, barely knew him for 3 months and boom, daughters! Maybe there's some missing link I can't fanthom. Please make good to explain to me. Thanks.

23 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2019
FinanceBiz:

They dated for a short time, but she didn't say how long she was married to the dude, before the divorce....

43 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Lagbaja01(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
Abeg no vex for the guy
Biglittlelois:

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:

... But some strangers out there are so different that there is NO WAY to make it work, however you want to try, and the best option for all (and especially the kids) is to divorce.

Better to have two happy parents that are divorced THAN two miserable/bitter/negative parents that are married.

28 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
probably another ex with a more promising future showed face cheesy cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Good question, although she said they couldn't compromise | neither of them wanted to cross over. Your question reminds me of arranged marriages, which have significantly low divorce rates, compared to love marriages. Arranged couples stick together no matter their differences, albeit families do their best to match their kids w| someone compatible. They don't have the disposition seen in many love marriages [you choose your own life partner yourself] that they can walk out of their marriage if it doesn't meet their expectations and find someone else.

MrBrownJay1:

... But some strangers out there are so different that there is NO WAY to make it work, however you want to try, and the best option for all (and especially the kids) is to divorce.

Better to have two happy parents that are divorced THAN two miserable/bitter/negative parents that are married.
True. Sometimes you just can't work around differences, no matter how much you try. There's no point in them staying married if they're both miserable in the marriage and if they've kids who are soaking in the toxicity in the home. Had they taken their time to know each other instead of jumping into a marriage 3 months after meeting, they would've realized that they were two different people with way too many differences and incompatibilities to get married.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Harddiskng(m): 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:

You couldn’t have said it better.

Am I missing something or just read her epistle and couldn’t find any cogent reason for her divorce (eg domestic violence) apart from the fact “she wasn’t getting enough attention.” undecided

They couldn’t compromise on what? I am sure she wanted to live her life like she’s single while being married. People like these are what is plaguing our society, they make younger generations think its very okay to just wake up one morning and dissolve a marriage. we don’t even know what her man was going through in midst of having to provide for his family, she herself didn’t seem to care for anything but attention like an overgrown baby.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Biglittlelois(f): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
Lagbaja01:
Abeg no vex for the guy

E dey pain me wen person nor fit read well well, the guy even quote me say make I explain, imagine.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Biglittlelois(f): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I have no issues with couples getting divorced cos of irreconcilable differences, but don't come online and gloat about it expecting SM users to applaud you for it, don't come and pretend you're happy being divorced, no one is, her epistle is more like advocating that it's okay to divorce, it's sending negative signals for singles, I am single, and I want to have kids in the comfort of a home with both parents present, these traits is becoming rampant with ladies these days, it is a bad energy for the marriage institution, men dont come online to rant about being divorced(I stand to be corrected), it is not healthy, for any human, and for the kids involved.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by IamPlato(m): 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2019
Amakavula:
I am always happy to when women take the bull.by the horn and make decisions like this, I only fault her for marrying too quickly but thank God she did what's best for her.

You can't understand until you have been with someone whose life goal is incompay with yours. Best life ahead sister. Resist !
Amaka Disappoint... Confusion o

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I have no issues with couples getting divorced cos of irreconcilable differences, but don't come online and gloat about it expecting SM users to applaud you for it, don't come and pretend you're happy being divorced, no one is, her epistle is more like advocating that it's okay to divorce, it's sending negative signals for singles, I am single, and I want to have kids in the comfort of a home with both parents present, these traits is becoming rampant with ladies these days, it is a bad energy for the marriage institution, men dont come online to rant about being divorced(I stand to be corrected), it is not healthy, for any human, and for the kids involved.

As much as I understand and agree with your above point I need to ask:
- do you believe it is wrong (for a woman who got married for the wrong reason) to divorce?
- do you believe that divorce people ain't HAPPIER than when they were married?
- marriage is part of divorce as we all know that not many people do stay happily married.... So divorce is just a tool that goes hand in hand with marriage..... Single people should definitely be aware of it, and understand what they get into, and how they can save themselves (in case they become miserable in marriage)

7 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Biglittlelois(f): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

As much as I understand and agree with your above point I need to ask:
- do you believe it is wrong (for a woman who got married for the wrong reason) to divorce?
- do you believe that divorce people ain't HAPPIER than when they were married?
- marriage is part of divorce as we all know that not many people do stay happily married.... So divorce is just a tool that goes hand in hand with marriage..... Single people should definitely be aware of it, and understand what they get into, and how they can save themselves (in case they become miserable in marriage)

You don't go into marriage with the mindset that there is an option of divorce, that is expecting negativity instead of having a positive mindset all the way, marriage and divorce does not go hand in hand, that is a wrong thought to have, people should strive to make it work, no one is perfect,

To answer your questions;
- wrong reasons can be in different forms, it is only when you're married that you'll see some traits in your partner that will make you think you married the wrong person, talk it out for him/her to change or overlook it, this is where compromise comes in, some people aren't patient that's why they divorce....

- they aren't happier than when they were married, they try to show the world they are but in their closet they cry their heart out, and they don't get over it for a long time, imagine introducing yourself to a love interest that you're divorced or a single mother, there automatically will be a dark cloud of sadness cos the memory comes back with a rush, then you have explain the situation, there is no happiness in that whatsoever.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by DelilahMakinde(f): 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2019
U just dey advertise for new customer...is allowed.

9 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2019
Biglittlelois:

You don't go into marriage with the mindset that there is an option of divorce, that is expecting negativity instead of having a positive mindset all the way,
I think that nobody goes into marriage with a negative mindset, unless they marry for the wrong reasons...money/pressure etc

marriage and divorce does not go hand in hand, that is a wrong thought to have, people should strive to make it work, no one is perfect,

Sadly, marriage goes hand in hand with divorce... and as much as nobody wishes/hopes for failure, it's counter productive and especially HIGHLY irresponsible to believe that there is no way out of marriage.

To answer your questions;
- wrong reasons can be in different forms, it is only when you're married that you'll see some traits in your partner that will make you think you married the wrong person, talk it out for him/her to change or overlook it, this is where compromise comes in, some people aren't patient that's why they divorce.

As much as some people are willing to change or overlook certain traits... others are not willing to compromise or change and there is nothing wrong with that (IMHO).many people pretend to be who they are not, in order to con people into marriage, and staying with such awful person...is a fallacy.

- they aren't happier than when they were married, they try to show the world they are but in their closet they cry their heart out, and they don't get over it for a long time, imagine introducing yourself to a love interest that you're divorced or a single mother, there automatically will be a dark cloud of sadness cos the memory comes back with a rush, then you have explain the situation, there is no happiness in that whatsoever.

Do you really believe that a woman is automatically happier in a miserable union than divorced woman?! No wonder so many women are miserable and wrongly staying married to monsters.

You have such a failed outlook on divorced and single mother...it's sickening but also very very sad!!!! The only reason that these women are looked down upon is because of the deluded African society and the ego of African men.... that want tear rubber wifey while being highly used tokunbo themselves. And sadly, women like you believe in this ego driven failure.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by davillian(m): 4:00am On Aug 06, 2019
Female lawyers grin.
OK.
Turning their home into a court room. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by revolt(m): 5:23am On Aug 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I think that nobody goes into marriage with a negative mindset, unless they marry for the wrong reasons...money/pressure etc

Sadly, marriage goes hand in hand with divorce... and as much as nobody wishes/hopes for failure, it's counter productive and especially HIGHLY irresponsible to believe that there is no way out of marriage.

As much as some people are willing to change or overlook certain traits... others are not willing to compromise or change and there is nothing wrong with that (IMHO).many people pretend to be who they are not, in order to con people into marriage, and staying with such awful person...is a fallacy.

Do you really believe that a woman is automatically happier in a miserable union than divorced woman?! No wonder so many women are miserable and wrongly staying married to monsters.

You have such a failed outlook on divorced and single mother...it's sickening but also very very sad!!!! The only reason that these women are looked down upon is because of the deluded African society and the ego of African men.... that want tear rubber wifey while being highly used tokunbo themselves. And sadly, women like you believe in this ego driven failure.
rubbish. It's no achievement to be a single parent. Look how the black community is totally damaged wth dysfunctional kids everywhere in the U.S. Single motherhood destroyed everything there. Now there's little hope. The cycle continues.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by lovelybugs(f): 5:26am On Aug 06, 2019
If there's anything I like about her epistle, its the way she didn't blame her ex for anything.

Also..... To those blaming her pray you never enter a marriage where divorce is the only option.
Some people can be so toxic to your mental health that it's better you leave.

20 Likes

Re: Lady Who Married After 3-Month Long Distance Relationship Speaks After It Ended by Biglittlelois(f): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

With all your disection, you clearly did not get my point, which is that no one should claim being happy because you're divorced, it is not an achievement, don't gloat about it, it is not okay, that doesn't mean I'm against divorce, that is my point.

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Refusing To Eat My Wife's Food. / I Took Her In And She Seduced My Husband / My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.