Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,107 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture (30874 Views)

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Neddstark: 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
danilmo:

So what will u do abt it..?? cheesy

I advise you to sniff lizard faeces.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Angelfrost(m): 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
Well... I actually have it on good authority that a lot of young ladies these days volunteer for surgical births than go through the "rigours" of natural birth... This doesn't mean her claim is untrue. Corruption has every section of this nation in a death grip. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
Since Doctors are presumably wrong, my advice is that never accept C-section. Always opt for normal delivery whatever it takes!!!
Next!!!
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by mcgaius: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
I can connect to what this woman is saying.Its quite unfortunate that most Nigerian youths are indeed "first to comment youths "like profesor Wole Soyinka said.Take it or leave it,the corruption in Nigeria is endemic and I have had an experience related to this post.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by OhiOfIhima: 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2019
hypertension:
grin grin grin

This is how the misinform the public.

Let me share my experience as a doctor to help enlighten women here

A patient of mine with twin gestation and the leading twing was breech (coming out with the buttocks) was adivce for csection.

She refused. She said she can never have her first delivery through operation.

When labor started, she visited traditional birth attendants and boom after delivery of the feet and both and the hands, the head got stucked grin

Then tried everything possible for another 24 hours and yet the head could not come out.

Thereafter she came back to the hospital and I did a csection for her. The head was decapitated and the second twin was already dead.

So, u see, doctors request for surgery not only because u cannot pull through but when they feel there is risk of losing the baby (something called fetal distress)

I feel sorry for those who choose to listen to market women talk.

You have point Doc.. the market women might not far from the truth. A female friend of mine who is a nurse in one private hospital told me she helped a woman to delivered her baby when the woman has lost strength to push for labor but the Nurse used a vacuum pump to apply pressure in pushing the baby, fortunately, she succeeded while the doctor who is the owner of the said hospital is already gear for CS. On hearing d news n the method applied, he called my friend and warn her severely never to try that again if not she will lose her job simply because she helped d woman out..

Whereas the husband of the Nursing mother has gone out for over 4-6hrs just to get an initial deposit of 15k out of 30k he was first charged and still no way.. Where on earth will such man got 150-200k from for cs.

there are many other ways to deliver babies other than cs, if the doctors want to help.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by tj4luck(m): 2:03pm On Aug 10, 2019
General hospital asubiaro Osogbo, osun state is one of such hospital taking that advance of people's ignorance. God punish them
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by starstaz(m): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
hypertension:
grin grin grin

A patient of mine with twin gestation and the leading twing was breech (coming out with the buttocks) was adivce for csection.

When labor started, she visited traditional birth attendants and boom after delivery of the feet and both and the hands, the head got stucked grin

Then tried everything possible for another 24 hours and yet the head could not come out.

Thereafter she came back to the hospital and I did a csection for her. The head was decapitated and the second twin was already dead.

So, u see, doctors request for surgery not only because u cannot pull through but when they feel there is risk of losing the baby (something called fetal distress)

Doctor, Thank U ! So much . U made my day and may u enjoy d fruits of ur Labor. Ur write up has personally exposed me more to how dr do think.

Inadequate and incomplete education is a big Disaster! Most time.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by HBB1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
What does a Government Hospital have to gain from unecessary Cesarean Sections?

If a woman's labour is not going as planned, why do you want to risk it?

If you are driving and a check engine light comes on, you can either decide to continue driving or park and ask for a mechanic.
Mind that the car can still get you home, but you can't be a 100% certain.

When things are not going to plan, a CS. makes you a 100% certain.

Its better to do a CS than risk death of mother or child; or cerebral palsy.

Remember that normal labour is a 'retrospective' diagnosis, NOBODY can tell how it will go.
A woman can have 4 normal births but will need surgery on the 5th.
You can see the baby's head but still can't deliver it.

Some private hospitals can however be unscrupulous, that is why you should ONLY go to good private hospitals, not just any mushroom one.

'Nuff said.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Lexusgs430: 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, that is why it is better to remain an Angel like me and remain in the celestial realm, we don't give birth here in planet Jupiter, we are forever young and we are neither male's nor females tongue

Remember, it takes Two 2 Tango..... Without his condensed milk....... Her garden cannot be watered enough to maturity.......... grin
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by synergetic: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
To some extent the lady is right. I say this from my personal experience. Some of these doctors capitalise on their patients unfortunate situation and make extra money.my wife was pregnant but the baby was bridged. I was already making arrangements for a cs only for a doctor who was recommended to us by a family friend to promise us not to worry that all will be ok. He assured us that he has handled numerous cases like ours without cs. Fast forward to the d day. This doctor started telling me to hurry up and sign the papers for cs as my wife was loosing strength. At that point i had no option. It was much latter that i realized that the doc knew what he was doing all along. He told us he would handle it cos he did not want us to go another hospital. The guy collected over 200k from me. I did not complain cos my wife and baby survived the ordeal. The bobo is over 2 years now...but i wont forget the doctor's game with me in a hurry.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Sunland: 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
It's also happened to my wife on 01/08/2019 when a private doctor said that her cervix was too small and she will only deliver my baby through cs but I refused and took her to general hospital where different doctors meet to share ideas, to God be the glory she delivered my baby vaginally on 07/08/2019. My own take now on dis issue, general hospitals doctors has nothing to gain for recommending cs while it's not necessary but private doctors might do so to get their own income.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by AngelicBeing: 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Remember, it takes Two 2 Tango..... Without his condensed milk....... Her garden cannot be watered enough to maturity.......... grin
l don't understand what you are talking about, I live in planet Jupiter and we don't do earthly things, we are all Spirits here in this planet where I live shocked

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Beyfit(f): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
She's 100% right. Most of them don't have time for natural Dilatation.

CS is now on the rise.

Too bad
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Moneystopnonsen: 2:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
This is just so true. My wife dilated until 8cm and they still said CS. These private hospital people ignored her when i insisted she should be given time as a first time mom to dilate, they stopped attending to her. The gave her hot drip and babe was in real pain, with tears and fear i begged for the CS. She took in again for our second i opted for CS from day one because i don't want to ever witness her in such pain anymore.

The only demerit of CS is the exorbitant fee been charged. The fees just forced man into early retirement. 700k for 2 children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l don't understand what you are talking about, I live in planet Jupiter and we don't do earthly things, we are all Spirits here in this planet where I live shocked

I have not said anything, about do ...... But it seems, all you spirits too sabi to dance makosa for the oza room...... tongue
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by AngelicBeing: 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I have not said anything, about do ...... But it seems, all you spirits too sabi to dance makosa for the oza room...... tongue
You are the wisest man on this thread, much regards grin
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by boom99(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
This is true, from personal experience. If u dont know any doctor in general hospital dont even go close. They almost messed my wife up. Thank God she did not die
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Lexusgs430: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:
This is just so true. My wife dilated until 8cm and they still said CS. These private hospital people ignored her when i insisted she should be given time as a first time mom to dilate, they stopped attending to her. The gave her hot drip and babe was in real pain, with tears and fear i begged for the CS. She took in again for our second i opted for CS from day one because i don't want to ever witness her in such pain anymore.

The only demerit of CS is the exorbitant fee been charged. The fees just forced man into early retirement. 700k for 2 children

I bet that 700K does not mean you would not attempt a 3rd........

Thank Goodness for the NHS........ You can have 15 kids with cs and pay zero kobo (from ante - discharge)...... shocked
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Lexusgs430: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You are the wisest man on this thread, much regards grin

You have a good sense of humour........ Keep it up..... cheesy
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by NNEWIsuper: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
eni4real:
Since Doctors are presumably wrong, my advice is that never accept C-section. Always opt for normal delivery whatever it takes!!!
Next!!!
whatever it takes is death, they will carry your dead body or your dead wife's body back to the hospital and then to the morgue
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by AngelicBeing: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You have a good sense of humour........ Keep it up..... cheesy
Because I don't do pay as you go and l earn 20 figures in British pounds sterling and I only talk to professionals in planet Jupiter who are on NASA projects to Space grin
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by bigerboy200: 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
Flier:
Its actually the truth and it’s been going on since early 2000
I can remember then at OAUTHC,lot of women stopped registering their anti natal there when they turned CS into business
well. I am also speaking from an informed point of view. Many doctors only opt for CS if it’s a safer option to save the life of the child and the mother. Birthing a child could be quite complicated, hence they go for CS . I have been privileged to be in a developed society, where 99% of deliveries were thru CS, and that’s because it’s less stressful, and way safer. It’s high time we educated our women that CS is not death sentence or a taboo. Medical doctors are professionals and know what’s is best for their patients.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by SIRTee15: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
Nigerians n poo of ignorance...
Semi illiterates everywhere....
What will doctors in govt hospitals gain from unnecessary CS...
As if CS doesn't have it's own risk...
The money u pay goes into govt coffers, not the doctor..

All over the world, risk taking with deliveries is discouraged...
The target is safe delivery of mother n child...
the rule is to aim for the most convenient mode of delivery......
And that includes CS....

If u not happy with that...
U can visit traditional birth attendant...
Very simple...
It's like Nigerians aren't satisfied with the number of pregnant women TBA has wasted in the past....
They are happy to offer them more....

The most annoying thing is, Nigerians will be the first to start insulting doctors if pregnant women start dropping dead in hospitals...
Bunch of ingrates...

3 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by aminusodiq(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
Teespice:
ignorance at it's peak.

no doctor will ever recommend CS unless it is absolutely necessary. most women who opt for elective CS are educated about the implications and the risks involved should things go awry.
any doctor can do anythin!! Dis is nigeria nd all sort of nonsense is inevitable!!! D op wrote d absolute truth updia... Plus d fact dah d last c. S. A beigbir did was 150k for female feutus nd 180k fr male!!! Dats wen i knew dis is a form of extortion!!!
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

whatever it takes is death, they will carry your dead body or your dead wife's body back to the hospital and then to the morgue
May we not be scapegoats (Amen)!! May people not learn through our misfortune(Amen)!!! Nigerians prefer quacks over professionals... That is the way it is in all fields.. Professionals are haughty, high handed and too expensive to them..
They see C-section as unnecessary because their pastors promised them Hebrew woman delivery. Also they see you as a Money grabber...

My Advice is that they should insist on their normal deliveries whatever it takes...

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by MT: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2019
hypertension:
grin grin grin

Thank you for taking time out to write this but you cannot still deny the fact that most private hospitals do this solely to make profit , not because it is needed. I have doctors and nurses as friends who attest to this fact. Sadly, we do not have anything on ground to address this. It is really sad, very sad.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Lexusgs430: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Because I don't do pay as you go and l earn 20 figures in British pounds sterling and I only talk to professionals in planet Jupiter who are on NASA projects to Space grin

If you ever considered PAYG...... I would like, first pimping options (so we can jointly earn this 20 figures in £ together)...... grin cool tongue

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by ayandee: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2019
Kendumazy:
Learnt something already. While your wife is pregnant, you can let her go for cervix scan to see if her cervix is okay to birth virginally. If yes. Then wait for that doctor that will say she can't birth virginally. Okay oooo!
beyond an adéquate cervix, there are other issues that may necessitate c-section even in a pregnancy that appears normal from the outset. Childbirth is a serious issue. It's better to have a woman and her child live. If your doctor says CS and explains why, please cooperate with him. When I had my second child, a woman was brought in from a traditional birth centre. She was in coma and had laboured for a long time. The doctors had to do an emergency surgery. The baby lived but the mother died. Her bed was next to mine. Throughout that night all of us (new moms) in that ward couldnt sleep. We didnt know her but we all grieved.
Also, a difficult labour can give rise to complications which can cause brain damage for the child. This happened to a friend's child. Now, she's spending a lot of time and money on therapy.
Yes, everyone wants vaginal birth but if doctor advises C-SECTION, please dont run.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Kendumazy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
ayandee:
beyond an adéquate cervix, there are other issues that may necessitate c-section even in a pregnancy that appears normal from the outset. Childbirth is a serious issue. It's better to have a woman and her child live. If your doctor says CS and explains why, please cooperate with him. When I had my second child, a woman was brought in from a traditional birth centre. She was in coma and had laboured for a long time. The doctors had to do an emergency surgery. The baby lived but the mother died. Her bed was next to mine. Throughout that night all of us (new moms) in that ward couldnt sleep. We didnt know her but we all grieved.
Also, a difficult labour can give rise to complications which can cause brain damage for the child. This happened to a friend's child. Now, she's

Noted. Thanks Ma.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Dearlord(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
I am not opposing any of the mentioned here, but will only advice any couple expecting a baby to make proper arrangement in cash and a healthy mind to avoid this evil circumstances.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by pureconscience: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2019
no wonder the increasing cost of marriage. girl go get me marriage list from parent. list surface and is reading 2.5 m for only trad. which way my people
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by IgANephropathy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
hypertension:
grin grin grin

Had a similar experience with a transverse lie. Her own problem was the husband tho who insisted on vaginal delivery in a TBA.

SUMMARY: They came back with a dead fetus and ruptured uterus in a Para 1 mother. Very disheartening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

595 New COVID-19 Cases, 224 Discharged And 4 Deaths On July 13 - (3015 Tested) / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / COVID-19: FG Lists Lagos, FCT, Kano, Ogun, Kaduna, Sokoto For WHO Drug Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.