Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture (30877 Views)

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by princfred(m): 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l don't understand what you are talking about, I live in planet Jupiter and we don't do earthly things, we are all Spirits here in this planet where I live shocked
lol

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by lanxebony(m): 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2019
Well, won't blame many here most of y'all are educated illiterate. Have you ever checked data and statistical records of maternal and infant mortality rate from a decade ago? Then you'll appreciate your medical teams more.
2 days ago, a lady (21yrs) came into my ER with generalized swelling , 34weeks pregnant, BP = 180/120mmHg, in respiratory distress (wheezing) , and coughing out blood
Had been in a church for over 4 days doing irapada when she fainted , then she as rushed into the ER.

Dear friends , can such lady birth the baby herself?

2. Some women do have a male pelvis , ànd study proved that male's pelvis are not designed for birthing
Pls what do you recommend.

3. A woman who.has been in labour for over 8hrs with no further cervical progressions and she's in serious pain, fetal heart rate is increasing , sir/ma would you want to risk not going under the knife?

4. Study proved that women of over 40yrs are at high risk of after birth bleeding , CS should be considered in such age group. Would you want your wife to bleed to death?

5. Malpresentation of babies or overweight babies , pls what do you suggest.

An experienced Dr knows immediately wen to carry out a CS or not .
CS is not a death sentence , it is to help both mother and child.
Some mothers prefer CS to normal vagina delivery.

NB A govt Hosp Dr doesn't gain anything for doing a million CS a day , it doesn't add to his pay at the end of the month.

Private Hosp are the scam this country, most of them are either quacks or ill trained .
They use quacks as nurses (auxiliaries) and hire drs to perform the surgeries

Shalom

7 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nnunuisikalaka: 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2019
You people continue ooo! I wonder how much the doctor at general Hospital will get from performing CS on a woman that ordinarily would have given birth vaginally while the doctor just sits and chats on his fone to the surgery he will stand most times in the middle of the nite. If only you know how many women die out of 'Hebrew women mentality and not my portion sayers' I have 3 children born by CS at general hospitals. The first I labored for 12 hrs b4 the surgery was done. The 2nd I laboured for 10hrs and the cervix stopped at 8cm. Both I was given the 'hot' drip! When I was on the table the contraction quickened and the docs still asked me if i wanted to wait but I said to the doc 'please go ahead! I didn't suffer for 9months to come and do try and error! In the end I have my 3 healthy kids cos I was wise enough to listen professional advice!

5 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by enemyofprogress: 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
Dr lalasticlala over you, is it true?
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by BumbleBee2ice(f): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
I don't doubt d poster @ all bcs i remember a lady that that was in d same ward wit me who also had a baby around d same time i had my first child, she told me of how she was already slated for CS but right there on d operating table her baby boy came out while d doctor, midwife nd nurses were still preparing their tools grin.
D govt hospital around my area is so guilty of this... embarassed
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by armadeo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2019
A government doctor will not want to do cs unless its necessary. If his call passes no c.s better for him. He sleeps all night and gets paid.

Nothing extra for doing cs except that if its required he should be there to do it.

I've got friends who have private clinics and they love vaginal deliveries like mad. Come in, put to bed rest 24 to 48hrs depending on you and bounce home. Thier pepper rest + drinks from a grateful father.

I don't believe a doctor will run cs just for cash though.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nasir123(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
hypertension:
grin grin grin

This is how the misinform the public.

Let me share my experience as a doctor to help enlighten women here

A patient of mine with twin gestation and the leading twing was breech (coming out with the buttocks) was adivce for csection.

She refused. She said she can never have her first delivery through operation.

When labor started, she visited traditional birth attendants and boom after delivery of the feet and both and the hands, the head got stucked grin

Then tried everything possible for another 24 hours and yet the head could not come out.

Thereafter she came back to the hospital and I did a csection for her. The head was decapitated and the second twin was already dead.

So, u see, doctors request for surgery not only because u cannot pull through but when they feel there is risk of losing the baby (something called fetal distress)

I feel sorry for those who choose to listen to market women talk.

Some of us absolutely agree with you.

But don't you think some private hospitals can be culpable of this?
I must say I've known this story to be true for a while now.

There are some corrupt practices in the system if we must say the truth.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by laudate: 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
prigoz:
Though am not a doctor but for the fact that I work in teaching hospital and clinical services unit for that matter, I cover most meeting fine by Chairman MAC, it is a lie from pit of hell. Why we usually have CS is when the baby is bridge, heart rate not abnormal, mother's cervix not favourable, two previous CS and so on, please I advice you register at good hospital which has experts to avoid story that touch the heart because it is better to have mother and baby doing well than to scramble to save the mother.
Help me tell them, o!! shocked Can you see how they are misleading people?

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by dochenaj: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2019
I read the lengthy post of the woman who gave her encounter with two different doctors, and how the first doctor said her cervix was small, and how the second doctor laughed at that and ordered an x-ray to ascertain that the cervix was not small, and I couldn't stop laughing at the second doctor.
Now let's assume there was some misinformation and the pelvic outlet was what was meant as opposed to the cervix, still it does not warrant a pelvimetry (x-ray/MRI/CT) to determine the diameter of the pelvic outlet. Since, no matter what the pelvimetry result is, every woman should have a trial of labour except there is another contraindication to that.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2019
Asquare84:
What the lady said is the simple truth, in nyanya general hospital Abuja out of 50 women that visit the to give birth 30 of them give birth through CS . There was a case were the woman went to nyanya general hospital after giving birth to 4 of her children the fifth child the hospital insist that CS most be carried out on the woman the husband refuse and the hospital told them to go elsewhere just as they were living the hospital the baby started coming out on his own right in front of the hospital. Nyanya general hospital is guilty of this forced CS

There’s nothing true about this.. CS is a more controlled birthing process... it takes the process away from natural contraction of uterine walls which is based on so many factors...patients don’t stick to doctors advice during gestation period hence delivery outcomes becomes unpredictable, due to wight gain, increase in blood pressure.
some baby will be bigger than expected leading to stressing the mother and the child and end up resulting to CS once labour is exceeding 5hrs...
Many first timers undergo a cut to their vagina to asssit the crowing and easy exit::: and many women don’t like it.....
In my opinion CS is the best option, saves everyone pain and the success rate is higher than natural labour...except for cases of patient don’t do well with ketamine and never wake up from the dosing...

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Moneystopnonsen: 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I bet that 700K does not mean you would not attempt a 3rd........

Thank Goodness for the NHS........ You can have 15 kids with cs and pay zero kobo (from ante - discharge)...... shocked

Bros abeg can you shed more light on the zero kobo. I still fancy a last child in future
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Lexusgs430: 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

Bros abeg can you shed more light on the zero kobo. I still fancy a last child in future

NHS is the UK's health care system..... Free at the point of use..........

Don't allow the fear of 400K, deprive you of your last bundle of joy.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Teespice(f): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
aminusodiq:
any doctor can do anythin!! Dis is nigeria nd all sort of nonsense is inevitable!!! D op wrote d absolute truth updia... Plus d fact dah d last c. S. A beigbir did was 150k for female feutus nd 180k fr male!!! Dats wen i knew dis is a form of extortion!!!

then we should question if that doctor is truly one.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Goovo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2019
kristonium:
Very true... I can relate to this
Same here,
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by udemzyudex(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
This is exactly what my mum said, back then a woman can be in labour for a whole day, some 2 days and nurses will be patient, they will make sure she delivers savely but now adays no patient.

If she stays for more than 2 hours without giving birth, the next thing is operation.
They are purposely doing it to make money.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by marvis13(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2019
The same thing happens to me and I paid the sum of #225k to bail my wife from hospital.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 11, 2019
Kendumazy:
Learnt something already. While your wife is pregnant, you can let her go for cervix scan to see if her cervix is okay to birth virginally. If yes. Then wait for that doctor that will say she can't birth virginally. Okay oooo!
CT PELVIMETRY is not a routine test o. the only true pelvimetry test is labor simple.

So if someone's pelvic parameters are BORDERLINE, they are advised to go for a trial of labor to see if they can still give birth, if the labor is taking too much time or not going accordifng to plan, it is CS straightaway.

Doctor's in government hospitals have nothing to gain for putting you through a CS

2 Likes

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 11, 2019
dochenaj:
I read the lengthy post of the woman who gave her encounter with two different doctors, and how the first doctor said her cervix was small, and how the second doctor laughed at that and ordered an x-ray to ascertain that the cervix was not small, and I couldn't stop laughing at the second doctor.
Now let's assume there was some misinformation and the pelvic outlet was what was meant as opposed to the cervix, still it does not warrant a pelvimetry (x-ray/MRI/CT) to determine the diameter of the pelvic outlet. Since, no matter what the pelvimetry result is, every woman should have a trial of labour except there is another contraindication to that.
EXACTLY.

1 Like

Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 11, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

You have point Doc.. the market women might not far from the truth. A female friend of mine who is a nurse in one private hospital told me she helped a woman to delivered her baby when the woman has lost strength to push for labor but the Nurse used a vacuum pump to apply pressure in pushing the baby, fortunately, she succeeded while the doctor who is the owner of the said hospital is already gear for CS. On hearing d news n the method applied, he called my friend and warn her severely never to try that again if not she will lose her job simply because she helped d woman out..

Whereas the husband of the Nursing mother has gone out for over 4-6hrs just to get an initial deposit of 15k out of 30k he was first charged and still no way.. Where on earth will such man got 150-200k from for cs.

there are many other ways to deliver babies other than cs, if the doctors want to help.
There are higher risks associated with assisted delivery which is higher than a CS, assisted vaginal delivery is an almost obsolete practice. What if something went wrong as it is bound to do,what will the nurse do? Is it not to call the same doctor to bail her out?
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Barry2k16(m): 6:55am On Aug 11, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5353256/hypertension-kills-faster-prevent-it

Click this link to see the remedy

Hypertension kills faster than you know. These natural products will keep you in check. Hit me up while promo last! Free delivery nationwide.
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by JAF1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
Judging by the comments here, it is obvious that Nigerians are very Ignorant
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by Notion(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2019
This is serious cry
Re: Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture by TaiKuun(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
And what are the xrays, antenatal visits and scans for?

lanxebony:
Well, won't blame many here most of y'all are educated illiterate. Have you ever checked data and statistical records of maternal and infant mortality rate from a decade ago? Then you'll appreciate your medical teams more.
2 days ago, a lady (21yrs) came into my ER with generalized swelling , 34weeks pregnant, BP = 180/120mmHg, in respiratory distress (wheezing) , and coughing out blood
Had been in a church for over 4 days doing irapada when she fainted , then she as rushed into the ER.

Dear friends , can such lady birth the baby herself?

2. Some women do have a male pelvis , ànd study proved that male's pelvis are not designed for birthing
Pls what do you recommend.

3. A woman who.has been in labour for over 8hrs with no further cervical progressions and she's in serious pain, fetal heart rate is increasing , sir/ma would you want to risk not going under the knife?

4. Study proved that women of over 40yrs are at high risk of after birth bleeding , CS should be considered in such age group. Would you want your wife to bleed to death?

5. Malpresentation of babies or overweight babies , pls what do you suggest.

An experienced Dr knows immediately wen to carry out a CS or not .
CS is not a death sentence , it is to help both mother and child.
Some mothers prefer CS to normal vagina delivery.

NB A govt Hosp Dr doesn't gain anything for doing a million CS a day , it doesn't add to his pay at the end of the month.

Private Hosp are the scam this country, most of them are either quacks or ill trained .
They use quacks as nurses (auxiliaries) and hire drs to perform the surgeries

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

595 New COVID-19 Cases, 224 Discharged And 4 Deaths On July 13 - (3015 Tested) / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / COVID-19: FG Lists Lagos, FCT, Kano, Ogun, Kaduna, Sokoto For WHO Drug Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.