Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now (4742 Views)

Jonathan: We Know Something They Don't Know - Bashir Ahmad / Goodluck Jonathan: We Are In Trouble, Nigeria’s Unity Questionable / Jonathan: We Didn’t Completely Plug The Loopholes In Fight Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by mrakeli62: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2019
1. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to pay fuel subsidy and yet sold fuel at N86 per liter.
2. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he manage to swallow our insults, criticism and protests without using the military and DSS to hunt us down

3. Goodluck Jonathan needs to explain to Nigrians how he managed to handle our group protests and yearnings without calling us terrorists

4. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to controls our borders and yet a bag of rice was sold for 8k.

5. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to build 17 federal universities in 17 states in Nigeria.

6. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to build almajiri schools in all the Norther Local governments.

7. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to hold $1=#165 for 4yrs

8. Goodluck Jonathan need to Explain to Nigerians how he managed to push Nigeria’s economy to be number 1 in African.

More at https://www.akelicious.net/goodluck-jonathan-we-need-explanation-now/

27 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Abdul05: 9:32am On Aug 07, 2019
So and so, Baba johna' regime was a colossal failure.it was a dramatic end of deceit,bad faith,massive looting,massive killing in bornu and misdirection.the ship of the nation was heading for the Rocks.Thank God for tinubu and his henchmen.

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Kagarko(m): 9:33am On Aug 07, 2019
mrakeli62:
1. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to pay fuel subsidy and yet sold fuel at N86 per liter.
2. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he manage to swallow our insults, criticism and protests without using the military and DSS to hunt us down

3. Goodluck Jonathan needs to explain to Nigrians how he managed to handle our group protests and yearnings without calling us terrorists

4. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to controls our borders and yet a bag of rice was sold for 8k.

5. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to build 17 federal universities in 17 states in Nigeria.

6. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to build almajiri schools in all the Norther Local governments.

7. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to Nigerians how he managed to hold $1=#165 for 4yrs

8. Goodluck Jonathan need to Explain to Nigerians how he managed to push Nigeria’s economy to be number 1 in African.

No 8 makes me laugh so hard.

God Bless PMB

God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Jokerman(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2019
Lol... Goodluck was using juju grin

Upon they said he drank a lot, he's still miles ahead of goslow alaye

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Afamed: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2019
Good luck Jonathan needs to explain to us while the crude oil was $110 per barrel , we were borrowing to pay salary.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Afamed: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2019
Ebele Jonathan also needs to explain to us why N17b was used yearly to bribe the Senate before the budget could be passed

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by orion7: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2019
Abdul05:
So and so, Baba johna' regime was a colossal failure.it was a dramatic end of deceit,bad faith,massive looting,massive killing in bornu and misdirection.the ship of the nation was heading for the Rocks.Thank God for tinubu and his henchmen.
they don't jyst kill in borno anymore

sokoto katsina. kaduna zamfara has joined.

these killers will soon locate you and you family

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by tsdarkside(m): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2019
jonathan,explain to us why you are a original mugu....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Vixlot: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2019
Jonathan need to explain why a State Governor could not have freedom of movement but Buhari never did

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Vixlot: 10:01am On Aug 07, 2019
Jonathan should explain while Chibok Girls were kidnapped

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Vixlot: 10:02am On Aug 07, 2019
Jonathan should explain what happened here

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 07, 2019
Hmm, let's have some fun.(DISCLAIMER....I don't like APC or PDP....and I think Bubu is wrong for Nigeria...so don't go there.

mrakeli62:

OK....

1.Fuel was N65 till 2012 when it went up briefly to N140 then to N97 TILL 2015 when it went to N87 (NOT N86

2.Even then, MOST MARKETERS outside Lagos, and Abuja and the majors were selling above N100 as early as 2014...as seen in this Vanguard article...

It said the results of the petrol price monitoring polls conducted in the first quarter, revealed a significant 47-point increase in the proportion of Nigerians who bought petrol above the official pump price from 31 per cent in January to 78 per cent in March 2014. The poll revealed: “The result obtained in March 2014 represents the highest proportion of respondents who purchased petrol above N97 in the 15 months of conducting the Petrol Price Monitoring Polls which started from January 2013. “The quarterly average Q1 shows that the majority 53 per cent purchased petrol above the official pump price of N97 with the highest obtained in the North-East and South-East zones; while 44 per cent purchased at the official price.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/78-nigerians-buy-petrol-n97-per-litre-survey/

3.The truth is that subsidy was not sustainable, that's why prices went above N97 even as early as 2014. And that was why GEJ wanted to riase prices as high as N140 PER LITER....IN 2012...because his economists saw the coming storm....and warned him. (Even chaps like the Emir of Kano, not a GEJ fan, to this day support fuel subsidy removal)

LOL......DSS that was hounding opposition activists. The Police that was arresting opposition activists. PG's special attack dog J.Mbu that jailed a journalist from Raypower for a 'joke'?? DSS that invaded APC HQ for opposition registration records? Tell us another story!

GEJ whose entourage was calling Northern opponetnts TERRORISTS?? GEJ, whose wife on LIVE TV Called the chibok issue a scam, and a plot against her husband ? Tell us another one? GEJ who even shot at IMN guys in 2014 (not that I disagreee with that one), etc??

The same bag of rice that sold for N3K in 2009? OK...go read about inflation..

And subsequently, we cannot adequately fund educaiton in Nigeria because the number of universites are too many. And that accusation goes to Buhari too....Buhari is building universites that our money cannot cater for. No wonder ASUU keeps on going on strike.

Erm, good job...but he does not need to explain why he did what he was suppsoed to do?

Simple. Oil prices between 2011-14 were above $100. Oil prices under Buhari were $30-80. GEJ had more dolalrs to buffer the naira. Bubu doesn't It does not mean either of them have any good idea to run our economy (both are bad leaders who keep us dependent on oil).

No1...while most Nigerians were still poor? No 1 on the basis of high oil prices? Don't make me laugh.

Anyway, Nigeria needs a leader who would be bold enough to remiove subsides on petrol and power...so that we can attract investment and jobs. PDP and APC aren't it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Vixlot: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2019
Jonathan needs to explain this, while Buhari never did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2019
orion7:
they don't jyst kill in borno anymore

sokoto katsina. kaduna zamfara has joined.

these killers will soon locate you and you family

And under GEJ...bombs in Kano, Kaduna, FCT Abuja, Jos, etc...plus Yobe, Borno, and Adamawa were under Boko.

And you his supporters were blaming APC for the crisis.

Now Buahri is in charge , you are rightly blaming him for the crisis. Yet, when we criticised GEJ , we were Boko suppoorters. (And fyi..Bubu too has not done a good enough job on securuty, and RUGA is not the solution).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by tsdarkside(m): 10:35am On Aug 07, 2019
and explain to us why you are such a miserable dunce....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Afamed: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2019
The PDP supporters have short memory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Jayess: 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Don't ask me how he was able to manage Nigeria again after these reasons.... Ko?

1. Jonathan went to University and even had a PhD.... He is learned!

2. Jonathan is a man that fear God and knows that even if the people cannot question him, there's someone that can.... God!

3. Jonathan knows that everything always come to an end someday except what you do while you are in power....

4. Jonathan was not power hungry!

5. Jonathan knows that every individual life is the same thing as his life.

6. Jonathan knows the concept of respect for the rule of law.

7. Jonathan told himself that he was not above the constitution of the nation!

These are the major reasons why he was to achieve those things you mentioned above....

Don't ask again...

13 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Jayess: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
He also need to tell us how he managed to keep our debts at N12 trillion for 6 six years. The same debt that rose to N24 trillion 4 years after he left.

10 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Turantula(m): 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
Abdul05:
This my muslim friend you are very funny.
Fear allah if ever you want your 72 virgins

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Koko1119: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nigeria think dey r wise tell me wat did goodluck do wrong dat u pple r complaining abt name na goodluck wetin una dey think tins go dey go well
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2019
Kagarko:

No 8 makes me laugh so hard.

God Bless PMB

God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
God bless PMB for making Nigeria the headquarter of poverty

Something dey worry you!!!

Do you know that If you consider the nominal price (actual amount) of the currency, Cedis is more valuable than Naira

Mtcheeeeeeew cursed zombies!!!

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by saaron(m): 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2019
Goodluck Jonathan has leadership qualities, that's why he was able to do what he did.
The Terrorist on the other hand has no leadership qualities. You can never give what you never had.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by amuwo1980: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Naijafull19:
Hmm, let's have some fun.(DISCLAIMER....I don't like APC or PDP....and I think Bubu is wrong for Nigeria...so don't go there.

OK....

1.Fuel was N65 till 2012 when it went up briefly to N140 then to N97 TILL 2015 when it went to N87 (NOT N86

2.Even then, MOST MARKETERS outside Lagos, and Abuja and the majors were selling above N100 as early as 2014...as seen in this Vanguard article...

3.The truth is that subsidy was not sustainable, that's why prices went above N97 even as early as 2014. And that was why GEJ wanted to riase prices as high as N140 PER LITER....IN 2012...because his economists saw the coming storm....and warned him. (Even chaps like the Emir of Kano, not a GEJ fan, to this day support fuel subsidy removal)

LOL......DSS that was hounding opposition activists. The Police that was arresting opposition activists. PG's special attack dog J.Mbu that jailed a journalist from Raypower for a 'joke'?? DSS that invaded APC HQ for opposition registration records? Tell us another story!

GEJ whose entourage was calling Northern opponetnts TERRORISTS?? GEJ, whose wife on LIVE TV Called the chibok issue a scam, and a plot against her husband ? Tell us another one? GEJ who even shot at IMN guys in 2014 (not that I disagreee with that one), etc??

The same bag of rice that sold for N3K in 2009? OK...go read about inflation..

And subsequently, we cannot adequately fund educaiton in Nigeria because the number of universites are too many. And that accusation goes to Buhari too....Buhari is building universites that our money cannot cater for. No wonder ASUU keeps on going on strike.

Erm, good job...but he does not need to explain why he did what he was suppsoed to do?

Simple. Oil prices between 2011-14 were above $100. Oil prices under Buhari were $30-80. GEJ had more dolalrs to buffer the naira. Bubu doesn't It does not mean either of them have any good idea to run our economy (both are bad leaders who keep us dependent on oil).

No1...while most Nigerians were still poor? No 1 on the basis of high oil prices? Don't make me laugh.

Anyway, Nigeria needs a leader who would be bold enough to remiove subsides on petrol and power...so that we can attract investment and jobs. PDP and APC aren't it.
You make me laugh at the this ur feeble attempt at sophistry

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by amuwo1980: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
Turantula:

This my muslim friend you are very funny.
Fear allah if ever you want your 72 virgins
With guys like him, your Nigeria ant going no where
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
amuwo1980:

You make me laugh at the this ur feeble attempt at sophistry

You make me laugh at your failure to refute it.

And yes, you make me laugh by assuming am an APC supporter...because APC too get issues.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by scribble: 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Vixlot:
Jonathan should explain while Chibok Girls were kidnapped

This was so Buhari and his crooks could come to power with bad PR to Jonathan administration

Buhari kidnapped Chibok girls

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Bede2u(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Naijafull19:

You make me laugh at your failure to refute it.

And yes, you make me laugh by assuming am an APC supporter...because APC too get issues.
oil prices only sold above 100 for less than a year between 2013 and 2014....also with a population of 150 million in 2013 and universities of less than 200 we are lagging behind in universities per head globally. U.k of just 65 million has more universities than us.

Can u tell us when northern opponents were openly called terrorists or do u make allegations u cannot prove? Who called who terrorists and when?

Bag of 50kg rice was 3k in 2009? Can u prove this?

Ur write up is filled with half truths

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2019
Bede2u:
oil prices only sold above 100 for less than a year between 2013 and 2014....also with a population of 150 million in 2013 and universities of less than 200 we are lagging behind in universities per head globally. U.k of just 65 million has more universities than us.

1.Average oil prices from 2010-14 were above 94 dollars in 2010, and above 100 dollars till July 2014.(And you are missing my ultimate point...Nigeria is too dependent on oil.

Oil price 2010: 77.38
Oil price 2011: 107.46
2012: 109.45
2013: 105.46
2014: 99

Sauce

Now compare with Buhari's oil prices

2015: 49.9
2016:40.52
2017: 52.58
2018:69.78

[b]The point is, if oil prices rose to above 100 dollars under Buhari, people would be saying he is doing well...when he isn't. Same for GEJ....because our economy is still dependent on oil...which makes it vulnerable and wea[/b]k!

2.No we don't need more universites. We cannot even pay for the exisitng ones adequately. Infact, we would need to increase fees in the existing ones to keep them well funded.

Can u tell us when northern opponents were openly called terrorists or do u make allegations u cannot prove? Who called who terrorists and when?

When you people were accusing Buhari of backing Boko? When all the online memes about Northern elders backing Boko were flying around. Sorry, but that is a big part of the reason why PDP lost even the 25% of voters in the North.

Plus a whole first Lady accusing people of plotting against her husband in the CHibok thing...even if it was true, it gave the impression that PDP was blaming the North for sponsoring the Boko Haram attacks ....which were harming and ruining the very same North.

Me, I don't have sympathy for the Northern elders, and I blame them for the decades of neglect for Boko Haram. But when you accuse Buhari....who we should note was attacked by the Bokoists in 2014....of backing the people who tried to kill him?(And yes, he is part of the problem...of bad governance).

As a Southern Chrsitian I was always shaking my head during the epriod 2013-15.GEJ was being messed up by his supporters....and no one was telling him.

Bag of 50kg rice was 3k in 2009? Can u prove this?

I'll go back to 1999 when a bag of rice was N2500
, and by 2015 it was N11000. Maybe PDP was wrecking the economy

Ur write up is filled with half truths

You PDP and APC people are the same. If oil goes up, the economy goes up, and you guys would be pretending it is your leaders who did things well. Sorry....

Anyway, I'm not an APC supporter ever since they croaked out that fuel at N40 thing....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Printerscanner: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
Afamed:
Good luck Jonathan needs to explain to us while the crude oil was $110 per barrel , we were borrowing to pay salary.

Do you mean the below by the puff-puff cheeked world bank house girl?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Bede2u(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2019
Naijafull19:

1.Average oil prices from 2010-14 were above 94 dollars in 2010, and above 100 dollars till July 2014.(And you are missing my ultimate point...Nigeria is too dependent on oil.

Oil price 2010: 77.38
Oil price 2011: 107.46
2012: 109.45
2013: 105.46
2014: 99

Sauce

Now compare with Buhari's oil prices

2015: 49.9
2016:40.52
2017: 52.58
2018:69.78

[b]The point is, if oil prices rose to above 100 dollars under Buhari, people would be saying he is doing well...when he isn't. Same for GEJ....because our economy is still dependent on oil...which makes it vulnerable and wea[/b]k!

2.No we don't need more universites. We cannot even pay for the exisitng ones adequately. Infact, we would need to increase fees in the existing ones to keep them well funded.

When you people were accusing Buhari of backing Boko? When all the online memes about Northern elders backing Boko were flying around. Sorry, but that is a big part of the reason why PDP lost even the 25% of voters in the North.

Plus a whole first Lady accusing people of plotting against her husband in the CHibok thing...even if it was true, it gave the impression that PDP was blaming the North for sponsoring the Boko Haram attacks ....which were harming and ruining the very same North.

Me, I don't have sympathy for the Northern elders, and I blame them for the decades of neglect for Boko Haram. But when you accuse Buhari....who we should note was attacked by the Bokoists in 2014....of backing the people who tried to kill him?(And yes, he is part of the problem...of bad governance).

As a Southern Chrsitian I was always shaking my head during the epriod 2013-15.GEJ was being messed up by his supporters....and no one was telling him.

I'll go back to 1999 when a bag of rice was N2500
, and by 2015 it was N11000. Maybe PDP was wrecking the economy

You PDP and APC people are the same. If oil goes up, the economy goes up, and you guys would be pretending it is your leaders who did things well. Sorry....

Anyway, I'm not an APC supporter ever since they croaked out that fuel at N40 thing....
so oil was above 100 only from 2011 to 2013? U see u were wrong earlier.

Pls which govt official under gej accused northerners of being terrorists or are we now blaming gej for internet trolls...wow thats a new one.

Ok so 50kg of rice wasnt 3k in 2009. Good to know u were wrong.

Not really...under obj, oil was not the driver of our economy...it was dominated by service sector...gej was a weak president no doubt but gej's era was better for infrastructure while obj era was better for economy...both eras are better than wat we have nw.

Am not pdp or apc..just a concerned nigerian/biafran. I voted idiot buhari in 2015

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by michelz: 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
That's why he lost the election.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by yarimo(m): 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
9 . Goodluck Jonathan need to explain how his petroleum minister stole money from the ministry

10. Goodluck Jonathan need to explain to us who are the yam eaters
mrakeli62:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ajimobi Tests Negative For Coronavirus / Udenu INEC Office Fire Incident Caused By Power Surge - Police / SMEs: Enugu, Firm Train 400 Youths In Auto-Revamping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.