Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now (4771 Views)

Jonathan: We Know Something They Don't Know - Bashir Ahmad / Goodluck Jonathan: We Are In Trouble, Nigeria’s Unity Questionable / Jonathan: We Didn’t Completely Plug The Loopholes In Fight Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by oyatz(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2019
There were more money from RENTS collected from International Oil Companies for the sales of Nigerian crude oil during the Jonathan's Administration than in any era in this Country.

Jonathan, coming from an oil rich but marginalized Region ought to help in diversifying the economy and empowered the Niger-Delta NIGERIANS in gaining strategic control in the Oil &Gas industry.

For instance, instead of empowering Asari Dokubo, Ateke Tom, Tompolo, Pa Edwin Clark and numerous individuals, why didn't GEJ set up modular refineries on a PPP basis in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa-Ibom and Edo States? In this way, our import bill on importation of petroleum products would have reduced by 80%, creating more jobs for the Indigenes of these States.

Below is a template of Ownership structure of one of the Refineries let say in Bayelsa State.

FG= 25%,
Bayelsa State= 35%
Pa Edwin Clark= 5%
Oando oil or Forte Oil=5%
Northern potential trouble makers=10%
Tompolo or Asari Dokubo=5%
Other Niger-Delta militants and potential spoilers= 10%
Aurthur Eze or Emeka Offor's chrome oil= 5%

Bede2u:
i said gej era witnessed better infrastructure....i didnt say gej administration....the reason is because states like enugu, akwaibom, lagos and kano never had it better than btw 2007 to 2015 in terms of infrastructure...the current govs are not doing great. Gej era had more money and saw more infrastructure overall whether at state or federal or local level or even legislator constituency project level...doesnt matter. Gej era is better overall
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by oyatz(m): 10:30am On Aug 08, 2019
Jonathan ought to have made Strategic investments in Maritime and Oil& Gas industries in ways that will benefit many NIGERIANS and nobody will complain if there are sighted in the most appropriate location; The Niger-Delta!

Onne Port and Ibaka deep seaport could have been built with functional railways to transport goods to and fro by partnering with the States' Governments, prominent Indigenes of these States, Nigerians in Diaspora, power brokers (across party lines) in other parts of Nigeria and super corrupt Nigerians who have the money to bring down any Government or cause troubles.

Niger Delta militants won't be blowing up oil installations in their States if they themselves are made part owners of these oil installations.

Dangote, Abdusamad Rabiu, El-Rufai , Danjuma and Northern Business class will tell their Trouble makers to shut up if they also have vested interests in these projects.

Fantastically corrupt Nigerians that have stached Billions of dollars in Swiss, Dubai or Panama banks can be prevailed upon to return parts of these loots in 'forms of shares' in these companies.

Believe you me, the Wealth in Nigeria if properly managed is enough to go round with far less acrimony.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan We Need Explanation Now by Fashdeejay(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2019
tsdarkside:

park....!!

cry us a river....

no matter what una say,jonathan was a dunce,is still a dunce and will stay a dunce....!!

now,bite us....
No one said he wasn't or still isn't... I'm just saying he isn't the worst dunce, Buhari is worse...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I and my team are making the streets of Kano a Green Zone (photos) / Court Sacks New Kano Emirs, Dissolve Four Emirates / Celebration Everywhere As Unknown Gunmen Kills Police Today - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.