Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ribadu Needs Repackaging - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Needs Repackaging (4862 Views)

Make Steady Income Repackaging And Packaging Products In Nigeria. / Dr. Uduaghan Of Delta State, Receivered Award For Teachers Repackaging / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Jarus(m): 9:48am On Oct 19, 2010
I am a Ribadu fan, an active one, but I have been less than impressed with his articulation and public communication skills, which is very vital to convince people, especially the youth, who could easily be his most valuable constituency.

This is not to wash 'our' linens in the public, but a statement of facts. After all, we have criticized Jonathan several times for his uncharismatic mien and uncaptivating aura.

Ribadu may not be committing those freudian slips GEJ commits sometimes, but he has not been better in articulation.

Good communication skills, whether we like it or not, is a crucial quality for any leader. Obama won people over with his oratory prowess. Bill Clinton was a great communicator.

The Ribadu interview I read in Nigeria Village Square sometime ago was not so impressive. His piece in Thisday of yesterday was not so presidential. And above all, his speech at the Fayemi swearing-in on Saturday was not impressive. His declaration speech as he picked his ACN form in Adamawa also fell short of a great leader. Ribadu was only uttering 'I was born into politics, my late father worked with Sardauna of sokoto, Ahmadu Bello and others in building nigeria. I also have 25 years of public service and I promise to be a loyal party member"

At Ekiti, his speech was also not captivating: I rejoice with you all, this is our dream of a new nigeria. Thank you, thank you very much. This is our dream of a new Nigeria.

The likes of Oshiomole spoke resoundingly well, hammering on how to uproot PDP's evil, how to make Nigeria a better place.

Ribadu's handlers need to work on him o, else it will be difficult for some of us here to sell him.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2010
@jarus
how dare you imply Ribadu possesses anything less than stellar communication skills? angry lipsrsealed angry

just let gbawe catch you first, you're daring to side with others against NR?. . .smh
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2010
Ribadu feels that his anti-corruption record entitles him to a shot at the Presidency. Even if it entails riding into Aso Rock on the back of known criminals & treasury looters.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2010
Jarus:

Ribadu's handlers need to work on him o, else it will be difficult for some of us here to sell him.

To be honest , Ribadu does not need support from those who are fickle and not resolute in their conviction. You claim to support Ribadu but only a while ago you hinted that you may support Buhari because you were not convinced Ribadu can win. After Ribadu declared and you saw he had popular progressive support you are then back in the fold !! Now you write in this manner about a candidate you claim to back for the Presidency? We are not electing popcorn sellers here !!!! If you back a candidate to lead our highly troubled country it must be because you believe in his ability to deliver progress. You are therefore duty bound not to demonstrate a lack of faith/belief in public as you have done a few times already. Wether you know it or not , you are undermining Ribadu. Stop bouncing back and forth and simply pitch your tent with Buhari . Principled and resolute folks , who eventually prevail (eg Fayemi), alway stay the course . Confidence in your team's ability to win is everything . People become infected by it. You , on the other hand , appears to be participating in a football match you are already sure your team will lose.

Can the entire forum inspect the speech below and tell me if it indicates that Ribadu "fell short of a great leader" or wether he actually delivered a rousing speech some folks were already convinced they will put down anyway?

As a patriotic Nigerian, I feel honoured to announce today that I will be registering as a member of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). I feel and I know that the ACN has a lot to offer in order to bring about the realisation of the dreams of millions and millions of Nigerians.

The situation we find ourselves in today calls for drastic measures; measures that are long overdue, but sorely needed. My response to this challenge is to drill deep into the nuggets of opportunities that are clearly manifest in our people’s abundance of talent, creative will, and relentless strength to overcome even the most insurmountable obstacle. That is the direction the new politics of social rebirth in our land must take; a political culture that is able to transport us to lofty heights. To put it in a simple statement:  A New Nigeria is Possible!

Yet to state that nothing works in Nigeria today may appear to be hyperbolic, especially when it comes from someone in a party other than the ruling party and one that is desirous of running for an elective position.  Unfortunately, this is the lamentable truth. 

From the deplorable state of our roads, to the non-existence of basic infrastructure essential to development; the comatose education system to the blatant breakdown in security; the glaring lack of electricity to power our industries, and not to talk of the serial failure in sports, science, and society, all thanks to the loud silence of state policy, and the irritating vacancy of the significance of government. 

Those in denial only need to take an honest look at the rising tide of poverty and the endless rows of unemployed youth in the land to be jolted back to reality. But are people asking questions?  For enfranchised Nigerians, have we asked the hard questions?  Have we demanded to know what has happened to the mandate we give to successive crops of leaders?  This is the complex beauty in democracy: it achieves fullness and meaning only when we as citizens rise up  to the opportunities it provides by demanding for accountability and transparency. We have been on this merry-go-round for too long.  We are busy marking time, while others are racing towards the frontiers of the 21st century.  We have, in our wisdom, perfected the act of collective delusion; describing this flagrant stagnation as progress. In truth, our situation can only be called its rightful name, RETROGRESSION.   

We have been fooled.  We have been led astray.  We have been fed on empty pledges by the numerous political parties in Nigeria.  However, in this vast spatial vacuum, there are elements and forces of progress that cannot indulge in vain anger over past failures, that cannot remain endlessly shackled to the ruins of the past, and that cannot wallow for ever in self righteous but ineffective clusters. They know that the task to rebuild our great nation is urgent, burning, but inclusive. It is the task of erecting a huge tent that will shelter disparate talents, and multiple voices, all defined by competence, integrity, and vision.

The party of my choice, the ACTION CONGRESS OF NIGERIA, ACN, offers this exciting prospect; and the outlines of its promise are already served by the extraordinary evidence of governance in Lagos and Edo states, to which we can also look forward with interest to developments that will come to Ekiti following the victory of my friend and brother, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, at the courts last week.

Those who have followed my recent facebook comments will recall that I interpret the Ekiti victory as a presage to a glorious presidential victory in next year’s election. The terms of victory will be defined by the full retrieval of our country from failed policies and failed governments.    Yet the significance of the Ekiti victory goes beyond the important promise of a better tomorrow. It includes the restoration of those elemental values of democracy like making our votes count, and the assurance of justice through a fair judicial process. 

Change is truly in the air today.  This is the time we need to make our votes count.  This is the time to stand up and lend our voices to the chorus sweeping the land, that Nigeria needs change.  In seeing what we are, we have also seen what we can become.  The era of lofty but barren campaign pledges is over.  The next phase in our nationhood will be decided by our votes, but only if we make those votes count.

This critical message of electoral empowerment is central to the platform of the ACN which understands the ramifications of the failure in the land today, and the policy mix to re-launch our nation to global prominence by placing our youth on the path of global competence and competitiveness.

Youth is primary to the message we advance because their energy, their talents, their creative will, their courage and their venturing spirit will provide the significant cocktail that will fuel the transformation of this land.  At a time when the world is electing youth to leadership, and when we should place huge premium on building a nexus between our youth at home and their peers in the Diaspora as a basis of this scientific and cultural revolution, the value and place of youth in leadership has come under savage attack from some of our political quarters.     

True, youth in itself is not a qualification for leadership but we  speak here of young people with conviction, courage, integrity, competence and the vision of a new Nigeria defined by rebirth from the experience of corrupt and failed leaderships that brought us to our current sorry state.  Thus, the youth we speak of bear such names as Fashola, and Fayemi, and they are in multitudes both at home and abroad. Their only badge of honour is called track-record.

Not long from today I shall make a public declaration of my aspiration, and officially reveal my policy position. The architecture of how to rebuild the second half of the Nigerian century will be the core of that policy platform and I look forward to actively engaging with various segments and communities of our great nation in building this new society of our dream. A NEW NIGERIA IS POSSIBLE!
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by asha80(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2010
Gbawe has struck grin
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2010
Who wants a talkative as a president ?.Abeg leave Ribadu alone afterall Fashola doesn't talk much and he's doing his best !
what we want is his ability to deliver his campaign programmes.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 10:52am On Oct 19, 2010
asha 80:

Gbawe has struck grin

My man , Jarus will admit I am stating the obvious if he is honest with himself. I respect his intelligent writing and amiable nature but he is highly fickle in his support of Ribadu. I have not written the above based on this thread alone . Jarus has written as if he is not convinced Ribadu is the right man for the job in the past. The minute you write this ; "not so presidential" and this ; "fell short of a great leader" about a candidate you back , in one post alone , is the minute you begin looking for another candidate who tick all the boxes for you because it means you are not commited in your belief that you are backing the right candidate. You then begin to judge and undermine that candidate , wether intentionally or otherwise, without objectivity. Is Ribadu's speech (above) poor in your opinion ?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Who wants a talkative as a president ?.Abeg leave Ribadu alone afterall Fashola doesn't talk much and he's doing his best !
what we want is his ability to deliver his campaign programmes.

Indeed. Even in the aspect of delivering public speech, Ribadu has not being too bad. Admittedly , his interview with NVS was not great but who will fault the speech he gave (supplied above) when he officially picked up his ACN form ? He is not a politicians but his genuine fans know he has displayed enough good qualities that show us he will go from strenght to strenght to become a good Political leader .
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Jarus(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2010
This thread is actually a fall-out of a discussion we Ribadu supporters had in my office this office. Most of us are Ribadu fans and we unanimously expressed disappointemtt that NR needs to do more in terms of public communication. I initially even wanted to PM you, Gbawe, that our man needs more polishing, but I did not want use forum Mod privilege for private benefit, hence throwing it open for public discussion here.

As regards the Buhari/Ribadu thing, I'm not supporting either of them because of their person, but because of what they stand for. To me, both guys stand for almost same thing: no-nonsenseness and zero tolerance for corruption, which I believe, if tackled, many other things will fall in place.
Buhari, to me, has the edge of having a known economic ideology, which Sanusi Lamido described as Buharism.

Any of them will do for me, because I believe in what they stand for, not them as a pe
rson
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
buharism. . .lol

buhari and NR are ok in my books, however there's no way i'm supporting ribadu for president(unless someone apart from GEJ wins the PDP ticket), the man will just be constituting a nuisance up and down the country, he needs to mature politically.

@gbawe
you're become NRs very own beaf. . . grin
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
netotse:

buharism. . .lol

buhari and NR are ok in my books, however there's no way i'm supporting ribadu for president(unless someone apart from GEJ wins the PDP ticket), the man will just be constituting a nuisance up and down the country, he needs to mature politically.

@gbawe
you're become NRs very own beaf. . . grin

Why ? Because I write that supporters of Ribadu should actually speak as if they believe in him? It is okay for you to write negative things about Ribadu because you are not a supporter of his ambition . That is what makes me different to others. I don't have a problem with those who oppose Ribadu writing negatively about him. I will counter what they write if possible or , at worst, say nothing .
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed. Even in the aspect of delivering public speech, Ribadu has not being too bad. Admittedly , his interview with NVS was not great but who will fault the speech he gave (supplied above) when he officially picked up his ACN form ? He is not a politicians but his genuine fans know he has displayed enough good qualities that show us he will go from strenght to strenght to become a good Political leader .

Gbam
You just hit the point there.I think we should not be too pessimistic simply because he didn't talk like our regular politicians who have sugar-coated lips;make great speech but with 0% output.Ribadu has good people around him that can see him through with articulated speech making.He has my heart already and nothing can stop that !
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Jarus(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
Gbawe:

Why ? Because I write that supporters of Ribadu should actually speak as if they believe in him? It is okay for you to write negative things about Ribadu because you are not a supporter of his ambition . That is what makes me different to others. I don't have a problem with those who oppose Ribadu writing negatively about him. I will counter what they write if possible or , at worst, say nothing .
Well, maybe that's where we are different. I'm pro-Ribadu and and incurably anti-PDP, but even at that I prefer to look at issues holistically.
I'm not a politician, nor a commissioned campaigner for anybody. I campaign for anybody I feel can do better for this country. As at now either Ribadu or Buhari will do for me.

But does that mean I will have to keep silent where my candidate is not impressive? NO. I'm not anybody's PR agent, so I'm not convinced I'm duty-bound not to discuss anybody's weakness. GEJ, as I have said times without number, lacks presidential vivacity, too dull for that post, appears clueless, confusionist and obscurantist, and doesn't seem different from other PDP politicians. NR, to me, still needs some polishing too, and I'm not convinced I'm bound not to say that in public, even as his supporter. That doesn't diminish my belief in him.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
I have also said this too, Ribadu's articulation is shameful . . . . I consider him a great public servant but I do not believe he is a Presidential material.

Folks claim how a leader communicates does not matter, but nothing can be more further from the truth because communication does matter. Go look at every administration in this country since independence, they have had wonderful policies written down on paper but failed on implementation.
Nothing hampers policy implementation more than inability to inspire people to believe in your programmes. Ability to get people to believe in your programmes has a lot to do with leadership and communication ability.

Sometimes when I listen to Azikiwe, Ojukwu, Abubakaw Tafawa Balewa I wonder how we came to this.

For all of the criticisms about Shagari's leadership abilities, even Shagari's communication skills puts Ribadu and GEJ to shame.

This is very embarrassing and these folks should go and upgrade themselves or allow space for those who can do the job.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
mikeansy:

I have also said this too, Ribadu's articulation is shameful . . . . I consider him a great public servant but I do not believe he is a Presidential material.

Folks claim how a leader communicates does not matter, but nothing can be more further from the truth because communication does matter. Go look at every administration in this country since independence, they have had wonderful policies written down on paper but failed on implementation.
Nothing hampers policy implementation more than inability to inspire people to believe in your programmes. Ability to get people to believe in your programmes has a lot to do with leadership and communication ability. free inspiring people sef, when you cant communicate your ideas effectively how do you expect people to understand them?

Sometimes when I listen to Azikiwe, Ojukwu, Abubakaw Tafawa Balewa I wonder how we came to this.

For all of the criticisms about Shagari's leadership abilities, even Shagari's communication skills puts Ribadu and GEJ to shame.

This is very embarrassing and these folks should go and upgrade themselves or allow space for those who can do the job.
you put this more clearly than i could ever hope to. . .however, i must warn you that if we both run for president i will beat you 'cos Mr. anti-corruption is my middle name grin
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Akanbiedu(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
Gbawe:

To be honest , Ribadu does not need support from those who are fickle and not resolute in their conviction. You claim to support Ribadu but only a while ago you hinted that you may support Buhari because you were not convinced Ribadu can win. After Ribadu declared and you saw he had popular progressive support you are then back in the fold !! Now you write in this manner about a candidate you claim to back for the Presidency? We are not electing popcorn sellers here !!!! If you back a candidate to lead our highly troubled country it must be because you believe in his ability to deliver progress. You are therefore duty bound not to demonstrate a lack of faith/belief in public as you have done a few times already. Wether you know it or not , you are undermining Ribadu. Stop bouncing back and forth and simply pitch your tent with Buhari . Principled and resolute folks , who eventually prevail (eg Fayemi), alway stay the course . Confidence in your team's ability to win is everything . People become infected by it. You , on the other hand , appears to be participating in a football match you are already sure your team will lose.

Can the entire forum inspect the speech below and tell me if it indicates that Ribadu "fell short of a great leader" or wether he actually delivered a rousing speech some folks were already convinced they will put down anyway?

True. Jarus needs to understand that supporting a candidate means you have compared with others and you are convinced that the person is better than the others. Its not about supporting a perfect candidate. Its now your duty as a supporter to talk more about the strong points of your candidate while you remain silent, in the public, about the shortcomings. You may discuss that with fellow supporters and even advice your candidate in-house without the knowledge of the public. Thats what support is all about.

I remain with Buhari sha. I believe He is the change we need in 2011.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
Even El-Rufai does not seem to believe in this Ribadu for President thing.

Ribadu is a great guy but just not a Presidential material.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Jarus,
Kindly address the question i raised on the Kwara thread.

@gbawe,
you are begining to sound like Beaf.
you man can do no evil, it seems?
I doubt anyone is disputing Ribadu's ability or his stewardship nor are we asking for a perfect saint.
His supporters, like Jarus and fence sitters like myself are simply unimpressed with his ability to articulate his vision and plan.
Forget the fact that our presidency has been soiled by inept and incoherent folks like GEJ and SMY'A, the president should radiate confidence, articulate a vision for the masses to believe in and pursue.
Most of all, he needs to convince us.It must be earned.
Arranging plea bargains with a couple of criminals in high places cannot confer the birthright of presidency on any man.
The fact that the space is polluted by mediocrity is not enough reason to settle for less.
I have taken the time to read the entire interview on NVS and i like most others was unimpressed.
Beyond the usual rhetorics, i don't want a president that sounds like he just decided to run for power last week.
I want him to sound like he has thought the problems through and articulate a picture that we can believe in.
I am convinced that that is not too much to ask for.
Asking for less is belittling the office of the presidency.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by ayinba1(f): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Gbawe,

Nigeria, Nay, NR, does not need a GEJ Beaf, at least not on NL. I am a Ribadu supporter and I am for improvement. Any supporter denying him this advise, openly, or in secret, may not be helping matters.

You have to be receptive to constructive criticism. Only then can you truly achieve. Blind support is what has led us to where we are today. He has my support because IMO, he is still better than all the other choices.

We love him but would love him more if he makes improvements!
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by patani(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
mikeansy:

Even El-Rufai does not seem to believe in this Ribadu for President thing.

Ribadu is a great guy but just not a Presidential material.

How is he not a Presidential material? Was Obama a presidential material when he won US election?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2010
patani:

How is he not a Presidential material? Was Obama a presidential material when he won US election?

Obama is an exceptional politician. There are only few past American Presidents you can even compare to Obama when it comes to public speaking let alone Ribadu or GEJ.

You guys should desist from comparing Nigerian Politicians who have no clue to Obama please. This is how some were claiming GEJ's declaration speech was as good as that of Obama.

Ribadu and GEJ can't even match folks like Tafawa balewa, Ojukwu, Jerry Gana, Zik, Donald Duke, Soludo, Babangida Aliyu.

When I call these guys good Nigerian public speakers I mean they are very articulate, not necessarily big big gramma.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
Jarus:

I am a Ribadu fan, an active one, but I have been less than impressed with his articulation and public communication skills, which is very vital to convince people, especially the youth, who could easily be his most valuable constituency.

This is not to wash 'our' linens in the public, but a statement of facts. After all, we have criticized Jonathan several times for his uncharismatic mien and uncaptivating aura.

Ribadu may not be committing those freudian slips GEJ commits sometimes, but he has not been better in articulation.
. . .

Ribadu speaks worse English and has less charisma than GEJ. That is not debatable. GEJ can put a big vision forward (eg power supply), while Ribadu has repeatedly floundered at every single question in every interview. In fact, all of his interviews have been bloody alarming.

Make no mistake about it though, Ribadu is a man of the future, he is just a rough diamond whose only real error is lack of experience outside a uniform, he needs to sort that out and learn to operate in a civilian World where nothing happens "immediately," (a word he uses too often). The rest of his mistakes stem from that lack of civilian experience, get him a four-year stint as a senator or rep and see the difference.

Ribadu's inexperience shows itself in more than one way; the scariest however, is the way he allowed himself to be bamboozled into the top hierarchy of politics by a willy old fox, Bola Tinubu. It is widely known that Tinubu has several open criminal files, most opened by Ribadu himself. It is arguable that Tinubu does not care about an ACN presidency as much as he cares about neutralising the man who gave him such grief. In talking Ribadu into the plum job, Tinubu has insured himself against any trial in which Ribadu will be a witness of any weight.

Ribadu’s second display of inexperience is his willingness to talk down PDP, where he and the likes of El-Rufai stand to gain most from the defeat of the old Northern forces. After that task is completed, the mantle of Northern leadership would fall naturally into the laps a younger, progressive breed. But where will Ribadu be, in limbo? A newbie in Ribadu's shoes shouldn't talk down any political party.

Right now, Ribadu is headed nowhere. He is simply Tinubu’s latest get out of jail card and expensive plaything. Anyone arguing against my assertion will do better asking why Ribadu is never well prepared for any interview; it seems Tinubu and ACN are pretty relaxed about the prospect of their representative appearing to be a bumbling wreck and slowly self-destructing. Why? Other political parties would get interview questions before hand and get their candidate groomed and well prepared. Why not ACN?

I hope Ribadu can see the trap he has fallen into and back out.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
Beaf:

Ribadu speaks worse English and has less charisma than GEJ. That is not debatable. GEJ can put a big vision forward (eg power supply), while Ribadu has repeatedly floundered at every single question in every interview. In fact, all of his interviews have been bloody alarming.

Make no mistake about it though, Ribadu is a man of the future, he is just a rough diamond whose only real error is lack of experience outside a uniform, he needs to sort that out and learn to operate in a civilian World where nothing happens "immediately," (a word he uses too often). The rest of his mistakes stem from that lack of civilian experience, get him a four-year stint as a senator or rep and see the difference.

Ribadu's inexperience shows itself in more than one way; the scariest however, is the way he allowed himself to be bamboozled into the top hierarchy of politics by a willy old fox, Bola Tinubu. It is widely known that Tinubu has several open criminal files, most opened by Ribadu himself. It is arguable that Tinubu does not care about an ACN presidency as much as he cares about neutralising the man who gave him such grief. In talking Ribadu into the plum job, Tinubu has insured himself against any trial in which Ribadu will be a witness of any weight.

Ribadu’s second display of inexperience is his willingness to talk down PDP, where he and the likes of El-Rufai stand to gain most from the defeat of the old Northern forces. After that task is completed, the mantle of Northern leadership would fall naturally into the laps a younger, progressive breed. But where will Ribadu be, in limbo? A newbie in Ribadu's shoes shouldn't talk down any political party.

Right now, Ribadu is headed nowhere. He is simply Tinubu’s latest get out of jail card and expensive plaything. Anyone arguing against my assertion will do better asking why Ribadu is never well prepared for any interview; it seems Tinubu and ACN are pretty relaxed about the prospect of their representative self-destructing. Why? Other political parties would get interview questions before hand and get their candidate groomed and well prepared. Why not ACN?

on point!!! saying i'm impressed with this post is understating things. . .now if you could be this objective where GEJ is concerned. . .
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
netotse:

on point!!! saying i'm impressed with this post is understating things. . .now if you could be this objective where GEJ is concerned. . .

How many anti-GEJ folk are objective?

The best example I can give is how some people criticise GEJ's diction no end, but settle for men who are worse in Ribadu or IBB? The only good speakers in the race are Donald Duke, Pat Utomi and Saraki.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
Call IBB a thief if you like but IBB is 10times a more Charismatic leader than GEJ. Enjoy video below!!!

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f16L6Ah9T-Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
Beaf:

Right now, Ribadu is headed nowhere. He is simply Tinubu’s latest get out of jail card and expensive plaything. Anyone arguing against my assertion will do better asking why Ribadu is never well prepared for any interview; it seems Tinubu and ACN are pretty relaxed about the prospect of their representative appearing to be a bumbling wreck and slowly self-destructing. Why? Other political parties would get interview questions before hand and get their candidate groomed and well prepared. Why not ACN?

Dude, get serious for once.
How can you mention GEJ and charisma in the same sentence?
The man has no charisma worth talking about.
what vision are you talking about?
GEJ is as visionless as they come.
The power supply blue print has never been a problem.the problem has always been a political will to execute a meaningful plan and a leadership to see it through.
The ability of GEJ as an individual is desecration of the hallowed office of the presidency.
In a country where fraudsters, ritual killers and religious jingoists are lawmakers and governors, people like you can afford to celebrate mediocrity and attempt to entrench it.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
Beaf:

[b]Make no mistake about it though, Ribadu is a man of the future, he is just a rough diamond whose only real error is lack of experience outside a uniform, he needs to sort that out and learn to operate in a civilian World where nothing happens "immediately," (a word he uses too often). The rest of his mistakes stem from that lack of civilian experience, get him a four-year stint as a senator or rep and see the difference.

I hope Ribadu can see the trap he has fallen into and back out.[/b]

When you are not doing this sychophantic GEJ PR job of yours, you are actually an intelligent chap.
look at how well you analysed Ribadu (whether you are right or wrong is another different matter entirely).
I wonder why you do not engage this same intelligence in analysing GEJ?
I dare you to write objectively on GEJ as you just did on Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
mbulela:

Dude, get serious for once.
How can you mention GEJ and charisma in the same sentence?
The man has no charisma worth talking about.
what vision are you talking about?
GEJ is as visionless as they come.
The power supply blue print has never been a problem.the problem has always been a political will to execute a meaningful plan and a leadership to see it through.
The ability of GEJ as an individual is desecration of the hallowed office of the presidency.
In a country where fraudsters, ritual killers and religious jingoists are lawmakers and governors, people like you can afford to celebrate mediocrity and attempt to entrench it.
not exactly. . .obj had a plan in 2005 or something, it was good, but it wasn't as good as GEJs roadmap.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
mbulela:

When you are not doing this sychophantic GEJ PR job of yours, you are actually an intelligent chap.
look at how well you analysed Ribadu (whether you are right or wrong is another different matter entirely).
I wonder why you do not engage this same intelligence in analysing GEJ?
I dare you to write objectively on GEJ as you just did on Ribadu.

A million and one !diots might not like my political persuasion, in fact some like yourself do not see value in my arguments (specifically because they are !diots).
Please cut out the crap, the average fool always tries to overeach himself and comment on other peoples intelligence, whilst avoiding any analysis of the topic at hand.

Strangely, I have never seen you analyse anything on NL, all I've seen you do is condemn and abuse. Perhaps you think never having the courage to take up a position is intelligence, or you imagine that condemning everything around without proffering solutions is couragous.
You are seriously mistaken. People like you have no place analysing others. Turn your faulty radar on yourself.

If you have a single post in which you have analised anything, I dare you to post a link to it.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
netotse:

not exactly. . .obj had a plan in 2005 or something, it was good, but it wasn't as good as GEJs roadmap.
Okay but even if OBJ's own was executed in full, we would have made lots of progress.
The problem has always been staying the course (Power solution will be a marathon not a sprint) and a will to bulldoze all in its way.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by mbulela: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2010
Beaf:

A million and one !diots might not like my political persuasion, in fact some like yourself do not see value in my arguments (specifically because they are !diots).
Please cut out the crap, the average fool always tries to overeach himself and comment on other peoples intelligence, whilst avoiding any analysis of the topic at hand.

Strangely, I have never seen you analyse anything on NL, all I've seen you do is condemn and abuse. Perhaps you think never having the courage to take up a position is intelligence, or you imagine that condemning everything around without proffering solutions is couragous.
You are seriously mistaken. People like you have no place analysing others. Turn your faulty radar on yourself.

Only idiots trade insults online probably because they feel insecure in the real world.
That is way beneath me.
I am not available for such childish antics and tantrums.
Go find your mates or play with your toys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo In Fading Shadows ( Na Today?) / PDP Has Failed Nigeria, Let Us Try APC / Are Fulanis The Largest Ethnicity In Taraba State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.