Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Ribadu Needs Repackaging - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Needs Repackaging (4870 Views)

Make Steady Income Repackaging And Packaging Products In Nigeria. / Dr. Uduaghan Of Delta State, Receivered Award For Teachers Repackaging / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Guyman02: 10:42am On Oct 21, 2010
olafolarin:

Akala,Ohakim and Most importantly Orji have collectively Run out of ideas on how to manage their respective States.And These are GEJ's Men.If "guilty by Association" is à Crime in Nigeria, GEJ should Be jailed for his array of corrupt associates.
You forgot to include Grandma AYOKA ADEBAYO (the lady with Yoruba type of Conscience)
Ribadu can start from the Senate or Adamawa Governorship position just like Adams Oshiomole
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by james1(m): 11:21am On Oct 21, 2010
Hello house.
This is a most critical time in our  history as a nation.
We should understand that all human have their shortcoming.
GEJ is not doing badly and has been improving on former performance's.
Militancy is almost non existent;allowing for improved crude exploration,power plant's are under way;that we may become an industrialized country.he has not been known to interfere with the national assembly,allowing them to legislate according to their understanding.
He has not been known to"tune"the EFCC for personal agenda's.
GEJ is a man who may not be described as an"oratory force"but a man who is  honest and real with a great vision for our beloved country and her citizen's.
Let's empower GEJ with our vote's to enable him empower us as a people with better life.
THE GOODLUCK YOUTH MOVEMENT.join on facebook.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Ayowumie(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2010
@Jarus and other Ribadu fans,
Honestly, i feel your plight. Ribadu's speeches are not just presidential. I was surprised to find out that he lacks ideology. And all his speeches are centred on been a public servant and so on. The speeches lack substance. That is an indicator of the kind of president he is likely to be if he ever wins.

olafolarin:

Ribadu stayed in exile in U.S. and worked  with different security establishemts worldwide.he must have checked Tinubu's file before associating with him.
This is a blatant lie. Was it not this same Ribadu that was used to witchhunt oppositions during Obasanjo's administratn (albeit, none of those politicians were 'clean'), Tinubu was one of the people that Ribadu accused of corruption and money laundering. Only for Ribadu to go back to Tinubu to align for Ribadu's political ambition. What kind of man does that? A MAN WITHOUT STANDARD PRINCIPLES.

Guyman02:

Ribadu can start from the Senate or Adamawa Governorship position just like Adams Oshiomole
Thank you!!! I dont understand why he must start from the top first. He is still young, he could as well try to pass a message around that he could effectively effect changes in his Adamawa state or constituency. From that, a larger percentage of the population could be his followers considering the positives he is able to achieve whether as a governor or a senator, coupled with his achievements as EFCC chairman. But hell no! he wouldn't do that. For instance, if at the end of his tenure, Fashola decides to run for the presidency, i would personally put my resources on the line to mobilise supports for his candidature. Why? Because, I have seen what he is able to achieve as a governor.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Reference(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
Although I do feel that Ribadu could best serve in the same capacity he once did simply because he undoubtedly was a breadth of fresh air and at least raised the conscience of the anti-corruption movement (the greatest challenge we face today). So if we speak in the context of public service all you need is a good conscience, great courage, and man management (which I think he does) and things work for you. Great speeches are way down on my list. Quite honestly we have had enough. Hotels in Abuja are awash with endless conferences and magnificent oratory but what people look for are leaders. Those who mean what they say and are prepared to lead by e3xample. People look, support and pray for those they can trust. Leaders who have respect for the people.

If he doesn't wish to do that and seeks the highest office then I would say it is a bit premature. We are yet to know what he stands for. How he intends to tackle issues. He needs to build political structures. Not necessarily structures of people but a movement type of thing, structures of ideologies, and this takes time. You don't do it on the eve of an election. It takes time, it starts at the grassroots, in schools, in the countryside and it grows and grows until it is large enough to tackle Abuja. The reason why there are no genuine campaigns or debates today is because elections are sham. But if he wants to make a genuine change he can do it. He is young, he has time on his side.

One thing though I will not subscribe to is the distraction of alternate offices. Those recommending the national assembly should consider that the place is riddled with corruption. He will only get bogged down there and try as he may no change will be possible there. The odds of one to ninety or one to 700+ are just too long. The very few men of integrity I knew there are lost. So I think the basic material in Ribadu is alright. Men and women of goodwill should rally round and nurture him. Sure is a breadth of fresh air.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
@Reference
The simple God-Honest truth is that Ribadu is not a statesman, he lacks knowledge, all he has is potential, going to the senate or anywhere else would give him the much needed exposure. . .the alternate post is not a form of compensation, heck he hasn't done anything deserving of compensation.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by olafolarin(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
The fact remains that we have very good lawmakers with great oratory skills in both chambers of the Assembly BUT what have they achieved in the past aside appropriating Billions to themselves?
We have had Presidents in the past with good communication skills but they all lack the much-needed progressive ideology.
What we need in this country is a Nigerian who wants to get the job done.PERIOD.

Our resources are being plundered everyday and it took this same Ribadu for all Nigerians to see how very few Nigerians are feeding fat on our collective
funds and psyche.Ribadu took that job to an unprecedented level in the history of Nigeria.

Personally,I believe he has done enough to show that he has what it takes to run Nigeria.

Fashola and Oshiomole were criticised for the same thing But today fashola still remains the best Governor in the land.

We need to focus on important qualities of these candidates and not on communication skills.

Donald Duke Or pat Utomi as VP will take are of the communication aspect of it.

How long do we have to wait?Our generation is being seriously mismanaged by these disgruntled thieves who wants or needs nothing more than stealing Billions for their future kindred unborn.Nigerian graduates and intellects are today more  hopeless than ever before in the history of Nigeria.
A land blessed with so much resources is gradually being turned into Somalia because of insatiable greed of the few.
We need a young,brilliant,vibrant and progressive candidate as president.
Nuhu Ribadu fits that Bill.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Reference(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2010
Yes Netotse, you're quite right but potential is a great platform to begin with. He's popular, young and energetic. We the people should work with these potentials. We should begin to mould him into the type of leader we want. Let us begin to make demands on him. Let him begin to be aware of his responsibilities. As he moves so the people reward him with opportunity. He has not signified he wants anything to do with the status-quo so there's faint hope working here. The thing is that if people do not move very soon the very status-quo we hate will become attractive  to him.

The PDP for instance will become irresistible. They will simply milk his popularity while keeping him frozen. I am sure no matter how strong willed he is, reforming such a party is next to impossible. The PDP dominates both houses yet nothing works. So why go there. If Nigeria implodes under their watch no good person will want to  be identified with them.

Whatever he lacks now he better get outside. And it is you and I that had better equip him. Even though no two wars are the same no soldier becomes a general by preparing in battle. Look at the resistance the current President is facing even within the party. Are we not accusing him of naivety and political mood swings here and there. It is because these fellows are not equipped before they get there. Few may know what they stand for but are frequently lost when it comes to implementation. Why was Obasanjo selected in 1999. It is because they knew he was not ready to rule. Same for UMYA, now GEJ.

So the Ribadu hardware is fundamentally up to it. What he needs (what we need) is time to put in the right kind of software to make the system work properly. I rest. Please I really don't know how to explain it.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by olafolarin(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2010
Guyman02:

You forgot to include Grandma AYOKA ADEBAYO (the lady with Yoruba type of Conscience)

Eeeemmmmmm, Do you realise she initially refused to announce the concocted result,resigned and went under till
Madam Re-Brand DORA AKUNYILI threatened and forced her to announce those result after showing the old woman incriminating evidence against her Son in Abuja.
Suffice to say that most writers are calling for the sack of Akunyili for her complicity in the Ekiti scandal.
Thats a clear case of fall from Grace to grass for the ex-NAFDAC Boss
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by olafolarin(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2010
Reference:

Yes Netotse, you're quite right but potential is a great platform to begin with. He's popular, young and energetic. We the people should work with these potentials. We should begin to mould him into the type of leader we want. Let us begin to make demands on him. Let him begin to be aware of his responsibilities. As he moves so the people reward him with opportunity. He has not signified he wants anything to do with the status-quo so there's faint hope working here. The thing is that if people do not move very soon the very status-quo we hate will become attractive to him.

The PDP for instance will become irresistible. They will simply milk his popularity while keeping him frozen. I am sure no matter how strong willed he is, reforming such a party is next to impossible. The PDP dominates both houses yet nothing works. So why go there. If Nigeria implodes under their watch no good person will want to be identified with them.

Whatever he lacks now he better get outside. And it is you and I that had better equip him. Even though no two wars are the same no soldier becomes a general by preparing in battle. Look at the resistance the current President is facing even within the party. Are we not accusing him of naivety and political mood swings here and there. It is because these fellows are not equipped before they get there. Few may know what they stand for but are frequently lost when it comes to implementation. Why was Obasanjo selected in 1999. It is because they knew he was not ready to rule. Same for UMYA, now GEJ.

So the Ribadu hardware is fundamentally up to it. What he needs (what we need) is time to put in the right kind of software to make the system work properly. I rest. Please I really don't know how to explain it.

You have said it all, And brilliantly too.Ribadu has the character we need.He just needs improvements to run the nation better.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2010
Olafolarin

Pls advice us why it is ok to nuture/groom an unpolished Ribadu as President while a complete package like Donald Duke becomes his VP?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Mobinga: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2010
@Jarus, that award stuff should have waited till december na sad
Anyway If i'm not a nominee them your awards are crap and irrelevant cool
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Jarus(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
Mobinga:

@Jarus, that award stuff should have waited till december na sad

It's just a preliminary awareness. It's starting November, running into December.

Mobinga:

Anyway If i'm not a nominee them your awards are crap and irrelevant cool

grin
Hey
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by paulex: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ribadu is too inxperience 4 dis. He shud start sumwhere n nt just jumping into presidency. If dats d case, lets vote in okotie. Never!. Nigeria is too dirty n difficult 4 such p'rson to handle. It wil b disastrous. Lets tink wide b4 concluding
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by marvix(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2010
In Nigeria, we want to move forward but we dont know how.

Anyone calling for Ribadus presidency wants d nation to move forward but they will only end up moving this nation back.

Let us ask ourselves have we as a people ever empowered any of our democratic leaders before?

Obasanjo was empowered by Ibb and the old goons who had ran down this country in 1999 and he bullied all of us to return in 2003 and he empowered yaradua, but now Jonathan is asking us to empower him in a free and fair contest.

Having a free and fair contest with a PDP victory for a popular candidate is indeed the begginning of our journey to a better and greater democracy, it is only when GEJ has won a free contest that Ribadu can even win an electoral contest or any other progressive for that matter.

Let us take a look at Ghana, Jerry Rawlings won a fair contest first before his party was voted out and his party has been returned to power.

If Ribadu can not make any effect in the senate then he will be a major disaster to the nation, if u fight at the presidency without diplomacy and tact the nation would blow up in your face no matter your good intentions, that is what Ribadu fans must take note of.

GEJ has policies that are geared towards a better nigeria, Yaradua had a great vision for this country, the 7 point agenda is a great agenda that should be pursued vigourously for the next 20yrs as it is indeed a masterplan to take us to where we need to be.

We may suffer a lot, we may have high number of jobless graduates while we pursue, the power situation may get worse, the roads may dilapidate a bit further security lapses may increase but we are just at the bend of the curve, because once the 7 point agenda is firmly rooted jobs would be created by every action been carried out, the power situation would improve drastically, security would be taken for granted, health care and education would be taken for granted.

I see a greater Nigeria and I believe in this greater Nigeria, It is possible let us all stand with one voice and say GEJ 4 president 2011, because with that same voice we can tell him his time is up.

My advice to Ribadu, go to the senate fight corruption till they choose to suspend u or even assasinate u and when u conquer the corruption in the national assembly then we will campaign vigourosly for you.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by olafolarin(m): 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Olafolarin

Pls advice us why it is ok to nuture/groom an unpolished Ribadu as President while a complete package like Donald Duke becomes his VP?
Election in any Part of the World is more about numbers.
Ribadu has à Name and Resüme That will get him Block Votes in Home State,the entire NorthWest and North-Central.
The remaining North will Be shared with Trio.
ACN will ensure Ribadu's Maß vote in the entire SouthWest.Oshiomole and Duke/Utomi will ensure that He secures almost
hhalf of Southsouth votes and à tiny fraction of SouthEast.
Put all These together and the election is definitely Ribadus.

Moreover,GEJ is Most likely to Win the PDP Ticket and that'll
Force IBB out of the Party to à lesser known political asssociation.
Disenfrachised Northern youths will find Solace in Ribadu.
If IBB wins the PDP Ticket,GEJ will definitely Move to another Party but
Southsouth voters will Support DukeUtomi enmasse to Secure the VP Slot.

ACN is definitely trying albeit hard to catch on the New Young educate progressive
yearnings of the North.These guys Are tired of the recycled old thieves and Wants something New
for their generation.They'll dfinitely relate more with à Young energetic and progressive Ribadu than
IBB or Buhari whom People View As either being too polarised or strict/religious.

There is however à Big consultation between CPC,ACN and Labour Party.If a Fusion is agreed
it might Be the needed Game changer that will pull Buhari's teeming supporters to Support
the Eventual candidate that will emerge.

Finally,anything other than PDP will definitely move Nigeria forward.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2010
This is Jonathan at his worst directly trying to impede the democratisation of Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-535896.0.html

Not one of GEJ's fans showed up on the thread to condemn what amounts to serious anti-democratic conduct that indicate Jonathan is not up to the task of leading Nigeria progressively, fairly and effectively. If GEJ fans will not condemn his nefarious act against democracy publicly they will certainly never speak against his poor communication skills and crude spouse. Such pragmatism , though of the immoral variety, is what has kept Jonathan relevant. It is the way in politics.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2010
@Jarus.

It is curious you have not set the record straight on this:

Beaf wrote:

Every true Ribadu supporter will kick against the sacriledge the man is being put through, just like Jarus has done.

We are told you are , with this post, "kicking against the sacriledge the man is being put through" . Is that correct ? Personally , I think you are blatantly and deliberately misquoted by those who have learnt to play dirty to good effect. This is why I was against this public display of dissaffection with your own chosen candidate. You make yourself , and your candidate, a target for others who support candidates who are far behind Ribadu in terms of quality and suitability .

Is it not disgraceful some fans of GEJ can recommend the Senate to Ribadu while they think GEJ is President material even as there is no basis for comparison between the achivements of Ribadu and GEJ in public office? Well , that is the public confidence the supporters of Jonathan must keep displaying if their very poor candidate is to stand a chance. Inversely, If other camp smell disaffection and low morale they pounce and sneak in deliberate deciet to boot . If you were not a Ribadu fan this thread would be no problem because some of us would counter the issues raised very easily. Jonathan has no public record to run on so his fans only have the option to try and ensure the electorate run away from other candidates who are more sagacious . You can expect them to pounce on every expression of self-doubt from the opposition.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2010
@gbawe
the only area in which ribadu can claim to surpass jonathan is the corruption-thingy.

so because he spent a couple of years chasing corrupt politicians, he expects to be given the key to the nigerian economy? i bet he doesn't even know jack about the economy of his own state. . .what does Ribadu know about governance? or policy? his own does not pass i fought corruption, what knowledge/experience does Ribadu have that would serve him as president?

I sure as hell dont want a president that'll be crying 'it's not fair' and interrupting journalists up and down the place . . .(OBJ did enough interrupting)

@olafolarin
where in nigeria are you? if you are in nigeria that is. . .

cos i live in the north and i can tell you no one has time for Ribadu, hell if you hear some of the gist about him that goes around sef. . .Ribadu is far more popular in the south-west than he is in the north, why do you think he's always attending one function or the other in the south?

The only candidate outside PDP that can claim anything remotely resembling a cult following in the north is Buhari. Ascribing political following to Ribadu in the north is like saying Wole Soyinka can win a governorship election in ogun state!
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Gbawe: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2010
netotse:

@gbawe
the only area in which ribadu can claim to surpass jonathan is the corruption-thingy.

and even that alone would be enough to place Ribadu far above GEJ as per the notion that corruption is Nigeria's greatest headache. The truth is that Ribadu offers more than you allow yourself to see in the context of the specific qualities required of the President of Nigeria today. He is brave and resolute . Ribadu is far more democratic than GEJ and this is why he believes grassroot mobilisation can work while Jonathan runs to enlist the support of Nigeria's greatest election riggers in Anenih, OBJ and co. Ribadu is determined and decisive. I can't see Ribadu remaining inactive over the Ogun State impeachment debacle if he were the President.

We can trust crass materialism , the achilles heels of many of our politician, is not an issue with Ribadu if he can use a $15 million bribe as evidence against those who want to operate in a "business as usual" Nigeria. It is clear Ribadu will not play politics with important issues . As a former Police officer Ribadu is best placed to reform the NPF to make it modern and effective so that Nigerians can enjoy better protection of their lives and property. GEJ only knows how to hire a mediocre IGP (solely to win an election) while many senior and more deserving officers to Ringim , with more outstanding records, have to be retired from the NPF at a loss to Nigerian policing !!!!

Ribadu worked well in the economic and strategy team , under OBJ, with other technocrats like Okonjo Iweala so I dont get your angle when you try and promote an image that Ribadu is an airhead as per the economy !!! Besides , what economic miracle can the likes of Utomi perform if corruption is not minimised and the technocrats are not given the protection to impliment policies that will develop Nigeria yet diminish the purse of the elite few underdeveloping our Nation ? Can you sincerely expect GEJ to tackle all the brigands behind him in future?

Ribadu is also miles ahead of GEJ when it comes to progressive associates. Ribadu is deliberately courting the most progressive minds in Nigeria , for a forward looking alliance , while GEJ only hangs with the same old discredited crew who have no interest in Nigeria's progress. This is the clearest indicator that show Ribadu has better awareness and pragmatic leadership intelligence than GEJ. Ribadu is showing what is most required of the next Nigerian President with how , from the start, he courts the inclusion of progressive minds because he understand that his most important role will be to use top executive power to allow the best Nigerians to work without hindrance. That is precisely what Nigeria needs !!! I could go on but I am sure it is obvious Ribadu is a far better candidate than GEJ. Note that I am not saying he is better than all candidates. I just think he is better than all those who stand a good chance of winning.

As per your quip about Buhari popularity in the North, what if Buhari decides to back Ribadu? Anything is possible in the quest to defeat the evil PDP. Netoste, out of curiousity, are you from the ND region?
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2010
yep i am. . .

you need to come up north and hear what northerners say about Ribadu. . .you think buhari would leave CPC and support Ribadu?. . .you guys fail to understand how things work up here. . .northerners aren't fickle.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Beaf: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2010
netotse: @olafolarin
where in nigeria are you? if you are in nigeria that is. . .

cos i live in the north and i can tell you no one has time for Ribadu, hell if you hear some of the gist about him that goes around sef. . .Ribadu is far more popular in the south-west than he is in the north, why do you think he's always attending one function or the other in the south?

The only candidate outside PDP that can claim anything remotely resembling a cult following in the north is Buhari. Ascribing political following to Ribadu in the north is like saying Wole Soyinka can win a governorship election in ogun state!

This is the one factor most people discount. The Yar Adua built a very deep reservoir of hatred against Ribadu in the North. He is wrongly seen almost like a traitor there and an Obj stooge, but that is hard fact.
The only way for Ribadu to win Northern cred, is to wait in the wings while the Ciroma's, Yakasai's and the last vestiges of the cabal are trounced, then the younger progressives in the Umars, Ribadu's and El-Rufai's can step in and pick up the mantle of leadership. That way, he would play himself into serious stakes nationwide and be see as one of the heros that vanquished the cabal.

The route Ribadu is taking now is totally wrong and he will end up in limbo with a party that has allowed him make very public blunders in his interviews; in fact, he is little more than a cleanup toy for Tinubu.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2010
olafolarin:

Election in any Part of the World is more about numbers.
Ribadu has à Name and Resüme That will get him Block Votes in Home State,the entire NorthWest and North-Central.
The remaining North will Be shared with Trio.
ACN will ensure Ribadu's Maß vote in the entire SouthWest.Oshiomole and Duke/Utomi will ensure that He secures almost
hhalf of Southsouth votes and à tiny fraction of SouthEast.
Put all These together and the election is definitely Ribadus.

Moreover,GEJ is Most likely to Win the PDP Ticket and that'll
Force IBB out of the Party to à lesser known political asssociation.
Disenfrachised Northern youths will find Solace in Ribadu.
If IBB wins the PDP Ticket,GEJ will definitely Move to another Party but
Southsouth voters will Support DukeUtomi enmasse to Secure the VP Slot.

ACN is definitely trying albeit hard to catch on the New Young educate progressive
yearnings of the North.These guys Are tired of the recycled old thieves and Wants something New
for their generation.They'll dfinitely relate more with à Young energetic and progressive Ribadu than
IBB or Buhari whom People View As either being too polarised or strict/religious.

There is however à Big consultation between CPC,ACN and Labour Party.If a Fusion is agreed
it might Be the needed Game changer that will pull Buhari's teeming supporters to Support
the Eventual candidate that will emerge.

Finally,anything other than PDP will definitely move Nigeria forward.

It is amazing how you guys work your permutation of who can win elections and who can't.

I really don't know how you came about classifying Ribadu as one who can win a free and fair election in Nigeria. In a credible process those who may want to identify with Ribadu in the south are the young and educated and eventually this group of people will come to the conclusion that while Ribadu is a great guy and a great public officer, he is not quite ready to lead a Nation yet.

Please communication/leadership/charisma is very important if we are to make progress. Even an illetrate road side Mechanic as President can assemble a wonderful cabinet and will draft very good policies. But to sell those policies to the Nation, get people believe in them, inspire the Nation around an agenda is how great Presidents get things done.

Democracy has been designed in such a way that if you do not posses these qualities you may never get things done. When there is no relationship between the President and the people through leadership, a void is created which is usually filled by special interests and a very conniving legislature.

So never under-estimate the importance of communication, leadership and charisma in a democracy.

I love Ribadu, and I think the publicity he has gathered in the last few months is not wasted. He should use it to capture a Senatoral Seat in Adamawa. He will not win the Presidency and he is not quite ready either for the office of President.

In the last few months he has not been able to articulate a new agenda on the Economy, Foreign Policy, Energy, Anti-Corruption . . . being angry about the situation of Nigeria is one thing, ability to lead opposing views in a democratic way to solve problems is a different ball game all together.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by netotse(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2010
as in, the people in my office, would rather vote for babangida than Jonathan, when i mooted Ribadu the answer i got was 'that silly man'. Someone today saw a poster when we went out and he said 'this guy cant even win house of reps election sef he wants to be president' and these are educated hausa people o. . .

P.S. their candidate is Buhari. . .
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by Jarus(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ Gbawe,
Will reply in due course. Been busy.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by TheFanzin: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2010
I'm new to the forum and wasn't sure where to post this but I wanted to pass along a link to an article by Louis Chude-Sokei, a Nigerian-Jamaican literature professor at the University Of Seattle, Washington. His article which is primarily about 419 also discussses Nuhu Ribadu, Nollywood, P-Square and a lot of other fascinating parts of Nigerian history and culture. I thought you guys might find it interesting. Hope this isn't an abuse of the forum.

Here's the URL: http:///aRU34F

Sorry I haven't figure out how to hyperlink on here yet.
Re: Ribadu Needs Repackaging by olafolarin(m): 12:22am On Oct 26, 2010
Beaf:

This is the one factor most people discount. The Yar Adua built a very deep reservoir of hatred against Ribadu in the North. He is wrongly seen almost like a traitor there and an Obj stooge, but that is hard fact.
The only way for Ribadu to win Northern cred, is to wait in the wings while the Ciroma's, Yakasai's and the last vestiges of the cabal are trounced, then the younger progressives in the Umars, Ribadu's and El-Rufai's can step in and pick up the mantle of leadership. That way, he would play himself into serious stakes nationwide and be see as one of the heros that vanquished the cabal.

The route Ribadu is taking now is totally wrong and he will end up in limbo with a party that has allowed him make very public blunders in his interviews; in fact, he is little more than a cleanup toy for Tinubu.

In case you don't know,Ribadu can clean anything on Tinubu because there is nothing to clean.
Tinubu didn't succumb to OBJ and Ribadu's blackmail while he was heading EFCC while should be now.
He went after Tinubu during OBJ days and what was the outcome?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Shall Send Obasanjo Back To Jail; He Will Die In Prison - Col. Bello Fadile / See The Tution Fees Of A Primary School In Lekki, Lagos / See What Happened After A Woman Broke Security Protocol To Meet A Governor. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.