Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,193 members, 7,845,933 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. (2273 Views)

El-rufai: Obasanjo’s Second Term Was Nigeria’s Most Successful Period Economical / Yorubas And Northerners - A Tale Of Two Frenemies / Dambe: A Game Of Relaxation For The Northerners In Obalende - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by James4bright(m): 8:52am On Aug 10, 2019
It's really obvious that our nation has always been stagnant and retrogressive economically without any visible and distinctive change that can better the lives of a whole lot of Nigerians.

Why exactly did I bring the northern region into limelight in this thread? You might just get to know soon. Let's look at Nigeria now and ask ourselves which geopolitical zones has really contributed to the growth of this nation without bringing much violence onto it, you might probably say, the SW, SS, SE. What about the north, yeah the few have contributed a bit but they are still the main reason nigeria is a shithole it is today, why the statement, huh?

Firstly, an average notherner is neither a literate or imbibed, they can't even speak pidgin fluently? Is that a lie? Obviously not. When the political debate for the 2019 election commenced, most northerns were blank and had no knowledge about it, but they remain the most populous.

Secondly, countries lately are putting in so much effort to manage the population of her citizens. But an average northerner goes about marrying at least 3 wives with the sole intent of marrying more, without granting his offsprings a conducive means of survival. An average south easterner and south southerner in most cases struggles to earn a good living for himself before marriage, most likely they get married in their 40's in most cases, and they barely populate the country and make ends meet for their family, same with few south westerners.

Thirdly, they hate education so much that they fight against it through bokoharam. Why exactly do you think Trump was actually trying to place a ban on muslims, they are up to no good but violence. The boko haram and fulani herdsmen, that's the northerners showing a bit of themselves, trust me as time goes on Nigeria would become filled with enormous turmoil, this is just the beginning.

Fourthly, no south westerner, southerner and easterner would ever get to rule again, this northerners are clueless and they remain the dominant region with the highest voting power. An average northerner doesn't understand the essence of social media neither do they care. 60 percent of our nation's population are illiterates, and the northerns makes up a good number. In the states, if a child is being deprived from going to school, the child's parent would get arrested. Over here, we obviously don't care about the essential things, how exactly are we going to get developed then.

Nigeria would never stop voting in the wrong leaders, a good number of us are clueless and bigots. I appreciate the SW, SS and SE for at least putting in so much efforts to educate their offspring than bringing in clueless kids who over populate the nation and causes turmoil.

Mark my words, the northerns you see today won't be the northerns you see tomorrow, they would dominate us with their clueless leaders who termites ate their certificates and over populate our nation with illiterates. You think RUGA isn't going to be implemented? Just wait and see. And if you have the mind set that this nation would get better it never would.

I really don't want to sound like a bigot but the SS and the SE are the best geopolitical regions, appreciate them now, because Nigeria is what it is today because of 60 percent of their deeds. An average South Easterner and Southerner, rides a bike in Lagos but still puts in utmost effort to send his kids to school, they understand the power of the intellect. You all hate the SE/SS but let's be a bit factual, would there be really good pharmacies if it weren't for them, or stores, or essential imported goods, potential nollywood actors, beauty pageants, musicians, footballers, award winning scholars, writers and more.

Note: Nigeria can never work, someday we would have our biafra and y'all can merge with the fulanis, since you believe in their supremacy, and won't appreciate the folks that are truly trying to aid Nigerian's growth. Nigeria can never work.

Feel free to contradict.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by lordlugards: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2019
I used to say that northerner's are parasites to this nation and Yoruba are the ones aiding them.
If this country is between the South East and northerner's, I don't see them ruling. The Hausa's are ruling today because the Yoruba's are weaklings and have decided to play the role of perfect SLAVEs just to oppress the Igbos.
They are parasites, they don't have anything to offer this country instead they want to looth us dry.
An average Hausa man believed in Arewa agenda than in Nigeria agenda. They all believed like Ahmadu Bello that the south is their conquered estate where they will all come and loot money to develop their Arewa State. Whether you believed it or not that is what it is.
Just as the OP rightly said the SS, SE & SW okada riders pay house rents stay with their family's and even send their children to school, they contribute to the economy.
But the northerner's will never do the same, they will choose to sleep in an open place, litters the community with feaces. And do all sort of rubbish to pollute environments.
They have been having RUGA settlements in every state without people noticing it, any where you see Hausa communities, that is RUGA. They don't pay rents, nor try to develop the area because they knew they may one day leave for their AREWA. This people don't contributing anything to their host economy unlike their Igbo counterparts who will rent your House and Shop, buy your land developers it. They will go to the extend of polluting the whole communities without minding what it will cost the government to put things in order.

Like here in My Area. In Okoko, Ppl, and iyana iba bus stop. The Agbero collecting money from commercial buses there were Yoruba boys. But the Hausa boys are the one's doing Agbero work at Alaba arago bus stop after LASU Gate.
Now there are 4 major wooden bridges that links the major Badagry Express Road and Alaba Int'l Market. Oloyede bridge links Alaba to Okoko. Kpako st Patrick bridge links Alaba to Cassidy. Hausa burial ground bridge also links to Cassidy or ppl. Then Alaba arago bridge links to Alaba arago bus stop before LASU Gate.
The Oloyede, kpako st Patrick and Hausa burial ground bridge, all this 3 bridges were mounted by Yoruba area boys collecting from the people passing through the bridge. And the ALABA ARAGO Bridge is also mount by the HAUSA boys, they also collect money from whomever that is crossing the bridge. And it's #10 per each crossing.
What I want to state here is that Hausa have dominate Yorubas at Alaba arago axis and were collecting money with any interference. These people are making a very good some of money there every day from Monday to Sunday. Yet they will never use the money to put the environment clean. The place (ALABA ARAGO) is a hell of a place very polluted area yet all the Hausa's are living there in there thousands.

Sometimes i'm wondering how do we come to be together as one country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by James4bright(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2019
Honest criticism would be appreciated. Feel free.
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by udoka2013: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2019
Op, my cap in the air above my head in appreciation to this write-up. You really hit the nail in the head. The only problem is that they will not hear,mostly the, 'mere mere niru gwunpiti na azu' we have in the south W. God will surely deliver us,from them, one day.

7 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2019
op,you have alot of stereotypes against northerners that are simply not true....

they marry many wifes....but you marry only a single and you cheat on her....

they dont have money,but when you have money you throw it away on meaningless stuffs....
now who is the fool....??

you say they dont like online stuff,but because they are not that interested in it doesnt mean they have nothing to say....

soo,before you start talkin bullcrap,look in the mirror....

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 10:25am On Aug 10, 2019
northerners own oil wells in delta....oo.... shocked shocked....shock....realy.... shocked shocked

while you were busy buyin g-wagons,northerners were busy puttin little money they have toghether to buy oil wells....
now,who is the fool....??

oil wells is a competition,gerrit....??

buhari has tried to reverse the circle....

but because you are so careless with money,situation will return back....

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by James4bright(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2019
udoka2013:
Op, my cap in the air above my head in appreciation to this write-up. You really hit the nail in the head. The only problem is that they will not hear,mostly the, 'mere mere niru gwunpiti na azu' we have in the south W. God will surely deliver us,from them, one day.

The Nigerian system would never work. Biafra is our only option, I'm really not against the SW because I've seen how creative they can be at some points, but they would always see the fulanis as their gods. So we would take our biafra someday, leaving them at the mercy of the clueless fulanis.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by TooMuchStuff: 10:32am On Aug 10, 2019
A big Yessssssssss

4 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 10:34am On Aug 10, 2019
James4bright:

The Nigerian system would never work. Biafra is our only option, I'm really not against the SW because I've seen how creative they can be at some points, but they would always see the fulanis as their gods. So we would take our biafra someday, leaving them at the mercy of the clueless fulanis.

let me tell you something about yorubas....

they are a bini descendants,and delta identifie with them more than with you....

say what you want,but yorubas are not your problem....you are your own problem....

we know you are chickens....we know you would not dear go mess around with northerners like you do with yorubas....you know that it will escalate....remember quit notice....??....that came quick quick....

its better you careful how you talk about yorubas....because they have proven to be more endourin than you....

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by James4bright(m): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2019
tsdarkside:
northerners own oil wells in delta....oo.... shocked shocked....shock....realy.... shocked shocked

while you were busy buyin g-wagons,northerners were busy puttin little money they have toghether to buy oil wells....
now,who is the fool....??

oil wells is a competition,gerrit....??

buhari has tried to reverse the circle....

but because you are so careless with money,situation will return back....

You all are just very good at extracting our natural resources for your selfish intents. Other geopolitical zones are focused on developing the nation through diversed means, while you all are focus on just the earnings you could get from the oil we own. Become thinkers and creators.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 10:38am On Aug 10, 2019
James4bright:

You all are just very good at extracting our natural resources for your selfish intents. Other geopolitical zones are focused on developing the nation through diversed means, while you all are focus on just the earnings you could get from the oil we own. Become thinkers and creators.

like buyin g-wagons....

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by slimfit1(m): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2019
They have been a burden since the discovery of oil.

5 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 10:40am On Aug 10, 2019
slimfit1:
They have been a burden since the discovery of oil.

look how you dey talk....

would you feel comfortable when somebody else says the same about you....??
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by slimfit1(m): 10:43am On Aug 10, 2019
tsdarkside:

look how you dey talk....

would you feel comfortable when somebody else says the same about you....??

If it's the truth I would not feel bad.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2019
slimfit1:

If it's the truth I would not feel bad.

then the northerners are right to think what they want about you too....

i dont know what they think about you,but if they read what you think about them,and say something crazy,then dont be angry....2 can play this game....you are not better than anybody else....

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by IGBOSON1: 10:49am On Aug 10, 2019
There's enough blame to go round! Every ethnicity has a share of the blame....some more than others! But as things stand now, the core muslim north (not just the Hausa/Fulani) is the weakest link in our march towards economic sustainability and first-world status!

When i talk of all ethnicities having a share of the blame, i am not talking of individual actors as no group of people in the world is made up entirely of capable individuals and saints! Rather, i'm referring to ethnicities/regions (and probably religions), as a collective, that do not have that spirit of competition; a culture of fairness; a culture of education; a laissez-faire culture; and a culture of respect for the sanctity of human life!

5 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by slimfit1(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2019
tsdarkside:

then the northerners are right to think what they want about you too....

i dont know what they think about you,but if they read what you think about them,and say something crazy,then dont be angry....2 can play this game....you are not better than anybody else....

Look North and South this country have to divide.
The only person that still make me believe in one Nigeria was Sowore, I hope by the time he comes out that would have changed.

I'm from the West I've never wanted this division so much like I do right now. Something has to be done about it.
The north want Islamic Republic, we want a well run country. Bokoharam don't want people to read but still use guns made by educated people.
The North in power abuse human rights killings everywhere. The union is not working. We are not interested in this forced marriage. We are not your wife that you send into forced marriages.

4 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by stonemasonn: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2019
It's funny how you guys blame Yoruba for everything since GEJ lost 2015 elections. GEJ has moved on, why don't you move on.

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by slimfit1(m): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2019
stonemasonn:
It's funny how you guys blame Yoruba for everything since GEJ lost 2015 elections. GEJ has moved on, why don't you move on.

They fail to highlight his failure all the time.
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by James4bright(m): 11:05am On Aug 10, 2019
IGBOSON1:
There's enough blame to go round! Every ethnicity has a share of the blame....some more than others! But as things stand now, the core muslim north (not just the Hausa/Fulani) is the weakest link in our march towards economic sustainability and first-world status!

When i talk of all ethnicities having a share of the blame, i am not talking of individual actors as no group of people in the world is made up entirely of capable individuals and saints! Rather, i'm referring to ethnicities/regions (and probably religions) that do not have that spirit of competition; a culture of fairness; a culture of education; a laissez-faire culture; and a culture of respect for the sanctity of human life!

In order for this nation to evolve education has to be a priority, the northerns still hold onto the ideology that education would bring a negative impact on the nation, so they fight against it, where would the development come from then? Do you plan on forcing them to become literates, lastly they would end up electing the wrong leaders.

How can we evolve when the people ruling us are clueless and uneducated and hold on to excuses like 'termites ate my certificate-CJN'. Neither is over-population a trait we need in this nation right now, in USA no citizen is allowed to marry more than one wife. And their violence and clueless-ness frightens me.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 11:09am On Aug 10, 2019
slimfit1:

Look not and South this country have to divide.
The only person that still make me believe in one Nigeria was Sowore I hope by the time he comes out that would have changed.

I'm from the West I've never wanted this division so much like I do right now. Something has to be done about it.
The north want Islamic Republic, we want a well run country. Bokoharam don't want people to read but still use guns made by educated people. The North in power abuse human rights killings everywhere.

why is it so hard for you to say criminals....??

are their no criminals in igboland,or no criminals in yorubaland....??

what are you trying to say exactly....??
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by James4bright(m): 11:13am On Aug 10, 2019
slimfit1:

Look not and South this country have to divide.
The only person that still make me believe in one Nigeria was Sowore I hope by the time he comes out that would have changed.

The north want Islamic Republic, we want a well run country. Bokoharam don't want people to read but still use guns made by educated people. The North in power abuse human rights killings everywhere.

Like I said earlier the westerners are creative and educated persons but they would always submit to the real enemy (fulanis) and fight those who truly want a better economy like the SS/SE.
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by slimfit1(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2019
tsdarkside:

why is it so hard for you to say criminals....??

are their no criminals in igboland,or no criminals in yorubaland....??

what are you trying to say exactly....??

Hausa have different values from the Yoruba people, same with Igbo people. The union is not working it is never going to work.

3 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2019
James4bright:

In order for this nation to evolve education has to be a priority, the northerns still hold onto the ideology that education would bring a negative impact on the nation, so they fight against it, where would the development come from then? Do you plan on forcing them to become literates, lastly they would end up electing the wrong leaders.

How can we evolve when the people ruling us are clueless and uneducated and hold on to excuses like 'termites ate my certificate-CJN'. Neither is over-population a trait we need in this nation right now, in USA no citizen is allowed to marry more than one wife. And their violence and clueless-ness frightens me.

to understand northerners,you have to understand their mindset....

dont forget moors were in spain for centuries before they were drivin into africa....

moors were blacks not arabs....

thats why they have till today chocolate named after that word....

go seek your history and stop messin around....
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by Mightyhaiz: 11:28am On Aug 10, 2019
tsdarkside:

let me tell you something about yorubas....

they are a bini descendants,and delta identifie with them more than with you....

say what you want,but yorubas are not your problem....you are your own problem....

we know you are chickens....we know you would not dear go mess around with northerners like you do with yorubas....you know that it will escalate....remember quit notice....??....that came quick quick....

its better you careful how you talk about yorubas....because they have proven to be more endourin than you....
why do you always sound demented? Just asking

3 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
why do you always sound demented? Just asking

this is not dementia....this is tellin a bro to be careful....

the quiet people are more dangerous....they store up anger and release it at once at you....

case and point:
oba lil wayne...
Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by tsdarkside(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
slimfit1:

Hausa have different values from the Yoruba people, same with Igbo people. The union is not working it is never going to work.

you can not blame others for your socalled contraption....

they didnt even wanted to be with you either sef back then....

i dont know what bite una to pursue federal....

what now....??....now the rules are already set.....

what you wanna do now....??

1 Like

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by Jamesbally: 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2019
James4bright:
It's really obvious that our nation has always been stagnant and retrogressive economically without any visible and distinctive change that can better the lives of a whole lot of Nigerians.

Why exactly did I bring the northern region into limelight in this thread? You might just get to know soon. Let's look at Nigeria now and ask ourselves which geopolitical zones has really contributed to the growth of this nation without bringing much violence onto it, you might probably say, the SW, SS, SE. What about the north, yeah the few have contributed a bit but they are still the main reason nigeria is a shithole it is today, why the statement, huh?

Firstly, an average notherner is neither a literate or imbibed, they can't even speak pidgin fluently? Is that a lie? Obviously not. When the political debate for the 2019 election commenced, most northerns were blank and had no knowledge about it, but they remain the most populous.

Secondly, countries lately are putting in so much effort to manage the population of her citizens. But an average northerner goes about marrying at least 3 wives with the sole intent of marrying more, without granting his offsprings a conducive means of survival. An average south easterner and south southerner in most cases struggles to earn a good living for himself before marriage, most likely they get married in their 40's in most cases, and they barely populate the country and make ends meet for their family, same with few south westerners.

Thirdly, they hate education so much that they fight against it through bokoharam. Why exactly do you think Trump was actually trying to place a ban on muslims, they are up to no good but violence. The boko haram and fulani herdsmen, that's the northerners showing a bit of themselves, trust me as time goes on Nigeria would become filled with enormous turmoil, this is just the beginning.

Fourthly, no south westerner, southerner and easterner would ever get to rule again, this northerners are clueless and they remain the dominant region with the highest voting power. An average northerner doesn't understand the essence of social media neither do they care. 60 percent of our nation's population are illiterates, and the northerns makes up a good number. In the states, if a child is being deprived from going to school, the child's parent would get arrested. Over here, we obviously don't care about the essential things, how exactly are we going to get developed then.

Nigeria would never stop voting in the wrong leaders, a good number of us are clueless and bigots. I appreciate the SW, SS and SE for at least putting in so much efforts to educate their offspring than bringing in clueless kids who over populate the nation and causes turmoil.

Mark my words, the northerns you see today won't be the northerns you see tomorrow, they would dominate us with their clueless leaders who termites ate their certificates and over populate our nation with illiterates. You think RUGA isn't going to be implemented? Just wait and see. And if you have the mind set that this nation would get better it never would.

I really don't want to sound like a bigot but the SS and the SE are the best geopolitical regions, appreciate them now, because Nigeria is what it is today because of 60 percent of their deeds. An average South Easterner and Southerner, rides a bike in Lagos but still puts in utmost effort to send his kids to school, they understand the power of the intellect. You all hate the SE/SS but let's be a bit factual, would there be really good pharmacies if it weren't for them, or stores, or essential imported goods, potential nollywood actors, beauty pageants, musicians, footballers, award winning scholars, writers and more.

Note: Nigeria can never work, someday we would have our biafra and y'all can merge with the fulanis, since you believe in their supremacy, and won't appreciate the folks that are truly trying to aid Nigerian's growth. Nigeria can never work.

Feel free to contradict.

I know you must be Igbo. I'm from North and I'm ready to engage you on this debate. But I need you to tell me what the Eastern Region has contributed to the Nation's Economy?

4 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by ngadaAwo: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

I know you must be Igbo. I'm from North and I'm ready to engage you on this debate. But I need you to tell me what the Eastern Region has contributed to the Nation's Economy?

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Are The Northerners A Threat To Nigerian's Economical Growth. by ican2020: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
with north and south in the same country, no forward match

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Fights Dirty, Calls Asari Dokunbo Fulani Agent / Nigeria’s Pol Thieves Have Built Schools, Etc,unlike Those From North – Kukah / Man Challenges Nnamdi Kanu To Point Out His Investments In Alaigbo. If He (NK) B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.