Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 (1881 Views)

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job / Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
What Causes Engine stop while driving on Honda accord V6? Must especially on the traffic, started last month. have changed plugs, nozzles, service injector, now planning to change coil. it's very annoying. it would start immediately while at time it won't, I have to off the engine completely and wait for like 5mins before it's start.

Guru in the house pls help
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by obiekunie2: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
abidemidare:
What Causes Engine stop while driving on Honda accord V6? Must especially on the traffic, started last month. have changed plugs, nozzles, service injector, now planning to change coil. it's very annoying. it would start immediately while at time it won't, I have to off the engine completely and wait for like 5mins before it's start.

IT MAY BE YOUR FUEL PUMP IS WEAK.

AM NOT A MECHANIC SHA. JUST FROM EXPERIENCE.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
obiekunie2:

IT MAY BE YOUR FUEL PUMP IS WEAK.

AM NOT A MECHANIC SHA. JUST FROM EXPERIENCE.

Sorry, I forgot. Have changed the fuel pump recently also. The thing just tire me my brother
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
abidemidare:

go back to basic get the car scanned
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2019
abidemidare:

Sorry, I forgot. Have changed the fuel pump recently also. The thing just tire me my brother

Have changed knock sensor too
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by vastolord4(m): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
My brother the problem is common on Honda products. . It's called a solenoid but our local mechanics call it upper sensor.. your car stalls baa? Refuses to accelerate or even pass 100km/h.. inbox me up I'll give u more details.. ononye.onyeka@gmail.com
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by obiekunie2: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
abidemidare:

OGA NUREY SOMEBODY BADLY NEED YOUR HELP HERE.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
One of the codes

Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2019
2nd

Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
3rd

Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by king406(m): 10:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
In benz its usually a strainer on the fuel pump that gets clogged
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by Adarich(m): 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
Suffered same from my babyboy. Get your electrian to check the main relay and get it replaced. Problem solved.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2019
Adarich:
Suffered same from my babyboy. Get your electrian to check the main relay and get it replaced. Problem solved.

Thanks bro
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:25am On Aug 12, 2019
vastolord4:
My brother the problem is common on Honda products. . It's called a solenoid but our local mechanics call it upper sensor.. your car stalls baa? Refuses to accelerate or even pass 100km/h.. inbox me up I'll give u more details.. ononye.onyeka@gmail.com
I'm almost certain you are a Kazeem, you don't know anything. I've been driving Honda for 4 years straight and I've only experienced that once. That one time, it was fuel pump. So what do you mean its common with Honda?
I drive accord 2002 (baby boy) accord 2009, and now Crosstour 2012.
The only other time it happened to me, it was caused by overheating that I didn't notice because my engine fans stopped working. Aside those two times, my car has never just stalled on the road or refuse to start.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2019
The car is moving fine, v drove it to abeokuta to and fro from lekki, the problem is always stops during traffic but moving fine on highway.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by vastolord4(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

I'm almost certain you are a Kazeem, you don't know anything. I've been driving Honda for 4 years straight and I've only experienced that once. That one time, it was fuel pump. So what do you mean its common with Honda?
I drive accord 2002 (baby boy) accord 2009, and now Crosstour 2012.
The only other time it happened to me, it was caused by overheating that I didn't notice because my engine fans stopped working. Aside those two times, my car has never just stalled on the road or refuse to start.

You are just an incomplete human! Do you know I drive Honda and acura for a living? I practically live for Honda! Shut the hell up and let me advice this young man on what to do! god damn it.. you novice! That was why I told him to inbox me just because of fat noses like you
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
vastolord4:

You are just an incomplete human! Do you know I drive Honda and acura for a living? I practically live for Honda! Shut the hell up and let me advice this young man on what to do! god damn it.. you novice! That was why I told him to inbox me just because of fat noses like you
Inbox you for something someone else already told him the solution here...Lol, this is how scamming starts ooo. Op beware
You drive Honda for a living, I dknt even know what that means but ofcourse I dknt want to know.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by homeboy205: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2019
WOW
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by sultaan(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
OP what does the temperature gauge shows when it stops in traffic. Has the thermostat been removed and has the fans Benn connected directly to ignition?
If air volumn cannot cool down your car in traffic it will over heat and shut down to protect itself and that might mean fan is not working.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by thebigkendo(m): 4:52am On Aug 15, 2019
sultaan:
OP what does the temperature gauge shows when it stops in traffic. Has the thermostat been removed and has the fans Benn connected directly to ignition?
If air volumn cannot cool down your car in traffic it will over heat and shut down to protect itself and that might mean fan is not working.

Wow I never knew cars do this undecided
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by Casdonpedro: 5:28am On Aug 15, 2019
I had this exact issue some months back with my Honda accord 2009 model... the fault diagnosis was performed and the issue was traced down to Fuel ... the fuel station I bought my fuel last was a total mess ... when some fuel was brought out as the fuel pump was about to be changed (the second time) .. we discovered the fuels texture is like that of Pap... My fuel tank was cleaned thoroughly and Fuel pump changed again , after that the issue was gone
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by diportivo: 8:38am On Aug 15, 2019
why are u guys fighting here undecided

this is the hallmark of Honda users....always arguing grin

toyota owners dont do this......they just agree and dazall grin

abidemidare:
I later ringed the engine and is working fine now.

Thanks all for your advices.

God bless you all

op

go back to ur mechanic that did the ringing

it's not even 3 weeks yet

reason is,on nairaland wendont know how he went about it.....weda thermostat dey,weda fan is direct,weda dem delete o2 sensors, etc
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by OgaKazeem(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
diportivo:

op

reason is,on nairaland wendont know how he went about it.....weda thermostat dey,weda fan is direct,weda dem delete o2 sensors, etc

Shey baba ring engine ni?
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
diportivo:

op

It has bn doing like that before I ring it.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
Casdonpedro:
I had this exact issue some months back with my Honda accord 2009 model... the fault diagnosis was performed and the issue was traced down to Fuel ... the fuel station I bought my fuel last was a total mess ... when some fuel was brought out as the fuel pump was about to be changed (the second time) .. we discovered the fuels texture is like that of Pap... My fuel tank was cleaned thoroughly and Fuel pump changed again , after that the issue was gone

OK i will tell my rewire to check.

Thanks bro
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by abidemidare: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
sultaan:

It's on thermostat
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by Adarich(m): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
has happened in mine. changed or resolder main relay, thats all for the past 1 year now no issue again.
Re: Causes Of Engine Stop While Driving On Honda Accord V6 2010 by sultaan(m): 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
abidemidare:

I. Trying to figure out where in your original post you mentioned ringing the car but then most people come with half the story and start getting the wrong recommendation, the problem of why you ringed it in the first place is not yet answered.

That Honda ain't no virgin I can't tell you why she has a bad rash grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Pump Scam: How To Prevent Attendants From Cheating You / I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt / Some Of The Best Cars That Still Come With Manual Transmission (gearbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.