Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain (15847 Views)

Sowore: 'DSS Accredited Only 10 Media Houses For Kanu's Trial & It's A Shame' / Sowore: DSS Claims They Wanted To Release Him But No One Came To Receive Him / Sowore: DSS Lied, I Personally Served Them Court Order – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:45am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:
Sowore will be detained for a period of 45days and after that, the federal government should charge him to court for treasonous act and incitement. You didn't remember your useless revolution until when you contested in the same election that buhari won, that's when you remembered one 'useless revolution protest'.

I urge the FG to arrest any silly ass that engage himself/herself in any revolution protest again. If you want a revolution, use the ballot box.

Nigeria is now the poverty capital of the world under Buhari

Nigeria is the suicide capital of the world under Buhari

Nigeria is the most insecure country in the world where a divisional police officer is kidnapped and he pays ransom to be freed

Hunger... Hardship... Depression everywhere

Yet only the welfare of cows concerns Buhari

It's time for a revolution themed peaceful protest....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Gandollaar(f): 6:49am On Aug 15, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Straight to the point. I love the last line though. If you want a revolution, use the ballot box
Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.... buhari 2013
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by israelmao(m): 6:54am On Aug 15, 2019
Sowore is making only more name and building up politically for the near future he has taken many diring steps to carve a niche for himself in political hall of fame.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Tubexsms(m): 6:56am On Aug 15, 2019
The Nigerian Army (NA) under The Chief of Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai has started massive recruitment into its Short Service Commission and Direct Service Commission.

The Nigerian Army force made this known through his official social media accounts on twitter and facebook page on Wednesday, August 14.

The force published that adding that its website is now open for application.

The army, however, urges the applicants to make applications for recruitment through his website alone.

Read for more details
https://dailytells.com.ng/2019/08/14/massive-recruitment-in-army/

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Jettage: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:
Sowore will be detained for a period of 45days and after that, the federal government should charge him to court for treasonous act and incitement. You didn't remember your useless revolution until when you contested in the same election that buhari won, that's when you remembered one 'useless revolution protest'.

I urge the FG to arrest any silly ass that engage himself/herself in any revolution protest again. If you want a revolution, use the ballot box.

People like You are a stooge of the corrupt elements, you are either benefiting from the rottenness you called a country or you have family members who do. apparently You are not a student of history, you do not know Nigeria too well, you must be having some comfort away from the many sufferers for whom Sowore is fighting. The one thing i will say to you is, unfortunately we don't know you, You name will not be inscribed in gold like that of Sowore, Like him or hate him. He (Sowore) belonged to the class of Mandela of Nigeria. When Nigeria become free. we will remember Him but you will be forgotten in history and in time. You lies and blackmail notwithstanding . Sowore is known worldwide for doing things right. Watch His videos and listen to him intelligently. He is fighting for the future of your unborn child , since you have become docile and indolent

6 Likes

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by fiizznation: 7:11am On Aug 15, 2019
Gandollaar:
Buhari and you all fulanis are strangers here. At the appointmented time, the God that delivered us from Abacha, will deliver us again from this evil called buhari.
You are the strangers because we were in Nigeria and most part of sub-sahara Africa before many people. There isn't any country in east Africa, west Africa and some parts of northern africa that you won't find fulfudes indigenous settlers there. Go figure.

And if you are praying for buhari to die, he won't die until he completes his tenure. And insha"Allah he will still live long after that. You cant do anything about that but only wail.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Miketonia: 7:12am On Aug 15, 2019
You can't hate GEJ and find peace. Sowore enjoy yourself. Nigeria is in a mess today cos they rejected a man originally meant to make this nation. Tribal sentiment took over. Today life is useless to all of them. BUHARI ride on God brought you as a cane to flog this nation. I support you . they think say na GEJ. DEY NEVER SEE ANYTHING
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by obembet(f): 7:18am On Aug 15, 2019
Nigerian are the worst set of people to pity... Even though they are dying i poverty, they will continue to support their oppessor all in the name of tribe, religion and party.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by fiizznation: 7:18am On Aug 15, 2019
Jettage:

People like You are a stooge of the corrupt elements, you are either benefiting from the rottenness you called a country or you have family members who do. apparently You are not a student of history, you do not know Nigeria too well, you must be having some comfort away from the many sufferers for whom Sowore is fighting. The one thing i will say to you is, unfortunately we don't know you, You name will not be inscribed in gold like that of Sowore, Like him or hate him. He (Sowore) belonged to the class of Mandela of Nigeria. When Nigeria become free. we will remember Him but you will be forgotten in history and in time. You lies and blackmail notwithstanding . Sowore is known worldwide for doing things right. Watch His videos and listen to him intelligently. He is fighting for the future of your unborn child , since you have become docile and indolent
He is fighting for the future of my kids? You must be very silly for saying this.
My kids are living free and I don't think they had any consensus with him to fight for their future. Sowore can deceive people like you all he wants, but that man ain't fighting for no jack. He is just pained that buhari didn't compensate him with any appointment. So you better stop deceiving yourself that one Nigerian politician is fighting for you and your unborn kids.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by SOFTENGR: 7:23am On Aug 15, 2019
tayebest:
45days seems too long for sowore and his people grin grin
Turn by turn...
Yours is coming

1 Like

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by SOFTENGR: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:
He is fighting for the future of my kids? You must be very silly for saying this.
My kids are living free and I don't think they had any consensus with him to fight for their future. Sowore can deceive people like you all he wants, but that man ain't fighting for no jack. He is just pained that buhari didn't compensate him with any appointment. So you better stop deceiving yourself that one Nigerian politician is fighting for you and your unborn kids.
How old are you?
At your age you still believe propaganda?
I may not like Sowore, but the truth must be told - high handedness of our security agents need to stop.
Can't they investigate without detaining a "suspect"?

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2019
realestniggah:
Lmao .. Joke of a country

Thought y'all said you wanted revolution.. Have y'all seen the protest in Hong Kong.. Now that a revolution.

Una never ready.

What kind of talk is "una".

They called for protest, people like you sat at home and say stuff like "una never ready"

Where is the crowd supoosed to come from; Chad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:37am On Aug 15, 2019
tayebest:

They won't even charge him yet but collect another court order to detain him for another 90day before they charge him to court grin

I'm totally in support of revolution in this country but from sowore, it's a no no for me cheesy

What makes a Sowore led protest different from another person's protest?
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Okuda(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2019
tayebest:

They won't even charge him yet but collect another court order to detain him for another 90day before they charge him to court grin

I'm totally in support of revolution in this country but from sowore, it's a no no for me cheesy

so who exactly is fit enough to champion the cause for you? you guys are lost. damn!

1 Like

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Lovelive: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Nah only Najeiria e dey happen. So sad, so unfortunate

شنت ين نير ريرووووووررررس

ييقققق.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:39am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:
Any kind of revolution in Nigeria will never lead to any positive achievement. We are too porous, too divided along religion and ethnic lines. So tell me how can any revolution work in Nigeria? What we need to do is to elect good leaders that will bring the necessary change we all want. Leaders that will be bold to change the military written constitution that we still operate, leaders that will put Nigerians first before themselves.

Elect good leaders.

Through the totally free, fair and transparent electoral system we totally have.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Jettage: 7:43am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:

It is not difficult to know you constitution, a government of street urchin (Area boys) is in town. You sound like one. Obviously you are a boy of yesterday. i mentioned history but you ignored that in response because you are too young to know. If you have done anything tangible for as long as Sowore has been fighting a good cause, you will not be hiding in Nairaland to display your folly
Enjoy Nigeria, This is the best of your dream Not min or the intelligent Nigerian who Know what Sowore stands for

4 Likes

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2019
A beast of no nation doesn't tolerate dissidents. Buhari's speech and actions has failed the litmus test of democracy....

A leopard never changes its skin colour.. A tyrant is always a tyrant.. no matter the facade....

Bubu still de think say heaven de for am....

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by backnbeta(f): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2019
tayebest:

You sir, with the clean hands and conscience should make yourself available to lead the revolution sir.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Alonzy100: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Gbenga Omokhunu, Abuja

Protesters yesterday in Wednesday, at the nation’s capital, demanded the release of former presidential candidate of African Action Congress (AAC) in the last general elections and Convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omowole Sowore.

But truckloads of security operatives at the Unity Fountain, venue of the protest, prevented them from entering the area.

The Unity Fountain was a semblance of a war zone with heavy presence of soldiers, policemen, operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and officers of Nigerian Prison Service.

Sowore, who is also the publisher of Sahara Reporters, was arrested by DSS operatives last week after he vowed to mobilise Nigerians to the streets for the #RevolutionNow protest.

The Federal Government has also used the DSS to secure a Federal High Court ex parte order to detain him for 45 days.

Despite the barrage of security operatives at the Unity Fountain, activists demanded the immediate release of Sowore and other “prisoners of conscience”.

The protesters, led by Deji Adeyanju, the Convener of Concerned Nigerians (CN), said President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration had continued to imprison Nigerians who dared to criticise his “maladministration” and had no deference for divergent opinion.

Adeyanju, who said proponents of #FreeSowore protest would not be cowed by government’s battalion of security operatives, added that the President pretended that he was a repentant democrat to get the confidence and votes of Nigerians.

He said Sowore, Dadi Yata, Jones Abiri, Steven Kefas and other social and media critics held by the present administration as prisoners of conscience, represent uncountable numbers of other Nigerians he called victims of Buhari’s government.

According to him, even if the President withdraws all the security operatives deployed to fight insurgency in the Northeast and other parts of the country to stop the #FreeSowore activists, the protest will not stop.

Another activist Rapheal Adebayo said even if President Buhari arrests more protesters, one million others would fight his policies.

Adebayo added that the protest was not just for the freedom of Sowore and other “prisoners of conscience” but for the soul of Nigeria.

Also, Middle Belt Forum’s Deputy President Ndi Kato said the protest would be sustained until the government learns to respect the will of the people.

She said: “It is high time we let go the shackles of our military dictatorship. We cannot have 20 years of military dictatorship and still allow the shackles to remain with us. The modus operandi of criminal and government’s abduction has remained the same. When someone is taken, we do not know where the person is taken to.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/sowore-dss-police-others-stop-protesters-at-unity-fountain/amp/
When you see comments you begin to wonder is liberating Nigerians even worth it. The other fulani guy that threatened southerner and gave the feds 30 days to revisit and implement RUGA , has he been arrested? this is a typical dictatorship approach and clear favouritism and case of double standards and you see some ppls comment and begin to wonder where do we start. it is terrible

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Korllami007: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2019
SOFTENGR:

How old are you?
At your age you still believe propaganda?
I may not like Sowore, but the truth must be told - high handedness of our security agents need to stop.

When I tell you say Nigeria is doomed forever, you will just ask me, how? If Nigeria concluded to start a revolution to make things better, the guy you qouted will be among the people that politicians will use to counter the revelution by giving them money. Politicians might even give them gun to use when there is need for that.

Bro, Nigeria can never be better with those kind of people and they are more than 60% percent of Nigeria.

When sowore was fighting to bring democracy back from the military, where was he?

1 Like

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by bayelsaowei(m): 8:06am On Aug 15, 2019
WalkerMichael:

Straight to the point. I love the last line though. If you want a revolution, use the ballot box
rigged ballot boxes you mean...

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by SOFTENGR: 8:14am On Aug 15, 2019
Korllami007:

When I tell you say Nigeria is doomed forever, you will just ask me, how? If Nigeria concluded to start a revolution to make things better, the guy you qouted will be among the people that politicians will use to counter the revelution by giving them money. Politicians might even give them gun to when there is need for that.

Bro, Nigeria can never be better with those kind of people and they are more than 60% percent of Nigerians.

When sowore was fighting to bring democracy back from the military, where was he?
They are more than 60%. That's a fact. If democracy is a game of numbers then we are in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by BigBashiru: 8:20am On Aug 15, 2019
Jettage:

Niggers are too daft to understand what you have just said!
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by SOFTENGR: 8:22am On Aug 15, 2019
Lovelive:

Nah only Najeiria e dey happen. So sad, so unfortunate

شنت ين نير ريرووووووررررس

ييقققق.
Must we copy the wrong things?
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by tomju(m): 8:36am On Aug 15, 2019
Gandollaar:
Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable -- buhari 2013.
Ofcourse! Behind bars.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by gidgiddy: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:

There is just one problem. Incitement and treason cannot be committed by one single person.
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by Gandollaar(f): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:
You are the strangers because we were in Nigeria and most part of sub-sahara Africa before many people. There isn't any country in east Africa, west Africa and some parts of northern africa that you won't find fulfudes indigenous settlers there. Go figure.

And if you are praying for buhari to die, he won't die until he completes his tenure. And insha"Allah he will still live long after that. You cant do anything about that but only wail.
You are a kid. Buhari is a living dead
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by engrchykae(m): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:
Any kind of revolution in Nigeria will never lead to any positive achievement. We are too porous, too divided along religion and ethnic lines. So tell me how can any revolution work in Nigeria? What we need to do is to elect good leaders that will bring the necessary change we all want. Leaders that will be bold to change the military written constitution that we still operate, leaders that will put Nigerians first before themselves.
who told you that constitution can be changed.
the constitution can only be changed by 2/3 of the national assembly.
which you know isn't possible.
how can the north who already have 50% majority agree to change the constitution which is in their favor?
If were goodluck I would achieve the implementation of the confab through blackmail of the lawmakers where necessary and bribery where necessary after all the British used blackmail to get Zik. to follow Npc
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by King44(m): 10:01am On Aug 15, 2019
The aim of APC and Buhari is to silent Nigerians when that is accomplished, whatever they do, they do it for life no questioning, it's so unfortunate that some people are saying it's sawore thus it's not my business, sawore case and others is just a test of their aim to silent Nigs and if they remain there I wonder who would speak up when things get worse under this military gvt

you can't protest, you can't fight for your right and you can't support people who are doing it for you what sort of human being are you?
Re: Sowore: DSS, Police, Others Stop Protesters At Unity Fountain by EmperorShizzy: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2019
fiizznation:

So I guessed When Sowore was inciting the youths against IBB, Abacha Junta, he was pained because he couldn't get appointment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Threats, PDP Tells Buhari As FG Again Promises Tough Actions / Police Recover 109 Anti-Aircraft Ammunition, Others In Katsina / President Buhari Commissions Tier-Four Data Centre In Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.