Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

People of South Africa support Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People of South Africa support Niger Delta (870 Views)

A Call For Support Of Secession Movements In Africa: Support Biafra Republic / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / How Nigeria Can Be The Next China Of Africa Support Igbo Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People of South Africa support Niger Delta by RSA(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2010
With the arrest of Henry Okah in South Africa,More South Africans are taking interest in Nigerian issues,talk radio stations and some youth radio stations are debating and discussing this issues.
Okah's wife have been interviewed by couple of this radio staions and she put focus on the struggle of Niger Deltans and more people find similarity between Niger Deltan struggle against the corrupt Nigerian govemrnet and their struggle against SA apaartheid regime.

Now young people including myself have decided to match outside the court duringĀ  Okah's appearence to show our solidarity for the people of Niger Delta and also ask our judiciary which is independent from our goverment to be fair as per our constitution.We don't want our goverment to interfer in any way in this case.
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by Justcash(m): 10:52am On Oct 21, 2010
Lol! RSA government is playing careful diplomacy. If they don't act according to the interest of the Nigerian Fed. Govt, they'll seem to be supporting militancy in Nigeria. It will be seen as a war against Nigeria. All the RSA companies in Nigeria will be nationalised by the FG and the FG will care less about what the RSA government does to Nigerian mushroom companies in RSA. I guess they don't want that to happen, cos RSA'll lose alot.
As it stands now, Orkah is in a political abyss. Walahi!
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by RSA(m): 11:07am On Oct 21, 2010
We know the pressure the FG of Nigeria is putting on our SA goverment but we have a constitution that guide us and the law of our country to uphold and if that is followed then no one will complain about outcome the of the case,Okah is a SA citizen and deserve a fair trial.
But as ordinary people we have no ties with you FG,our ties is with the people on the ground.Niger Deltan issue should get the same recognition that is given to the people of Southern Sudan.
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by okosodo: 11:10am On Oct 21, 2010
Moderator plz close this thread
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 11:35am On Oct 21, 2010
@ RSA,

I'm glad to hear people of SA take interest in Niger Delta struggle. Any decent democratised people would do same.
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 21, 2010
RSA:

With the arrest of Henry Okah in South Africa,More South Africans are taking interest in Nigerian issues,talk radio stations and some youth radio stations are debating and discussing this issues.
Okah's wife have been interviewed by couple of this radio staions and she put focus on[b] the struggle of Niger Deltans[/b] and more people find similarity between Niger Deltan struggle against the corrupt Nigerian govemrnet and their struggle against SA apaartheid regime.

Now young people including myself have decided to match outside the court duringĀ  Okah's appearence to show our solidarity for the people of Niger Delta and also ask our judiciary which is independent from our goverment to be fair as per our constitution.We don't want our goverment to interfer in any way in this case.
This is always my problem with some Niger deltans.People hide under the struggle to commit crime yet ,they align it with the ND struggle.these are people that have made billions of naira through bunkering and gun-running in the region while millions of ND indigenes live in abject poverty.
I have no pity for hypocrites who benefit from the decay of a system at the detriment of the poor.He committed a crime and should stand trial for th crime.It has nothing to do with the ND struggle besides the amnesty deal does not recognise militancy again in Nigeria.anybody caught is just a regular thief.so poster should not compare criminality with apartheid struggle
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by Mpele(m): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2010
Cum on RSA!

I think you are generalizing, most South Africans don't even know where is this Niger Delta! For me personally I think dat SA shud knot get involved in Nigerian issues!, they're just so complicated!
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by RSA(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2010
Mpele:

come on RSA!

I think you are generalizing, most South Africans don't even know where is this Niger Delta! For me personally I think dat SA shud knot get involved in Nigerian issues!, they're just so complicated!

I never said most South Africans support this,We all know that majority of SA'ans don't care about anything that happens outside their country,even DRC and Sudan.

But there is group of young people including myself who want to put spotlight on the conditions of Niger Delta people,with media's attention on Henry Okah case we might get a little coverage as well.We hope that this group can grow during the couse of the trial,I think this trial could go on for more than a year.
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by tpiah: 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2010
More South Africans are taking interest in Nigerian issues

like south africans werent involved in nigerian issues before?

in any case, you personally should get in line.

you're not the first and you wont be the last.

unfortunately for y'all, na scattering dey follow moonlight play.
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by aregal: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
Talk for yourself RSA, not for the "People of South Africa" .
Re: People of South Africa support Niger Delta by EzeUche0(m): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2010
This is interesting o!

As a native son of the Niger Delta, I welcome your support. grin

(1) (Reply)

When Will Edo State Government Start Creating True Jobs? / Uduaghan Wins Rerun, Ogboru Threatens To Get Rid Of "them" If Inec Announces: / In Fairness What Has Happened To 36billion Naira For River Niger Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.