Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,303 members, 7,833,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (48513 Views)

PDP Presidential Primary: Atiku Gets 371 Votes, Wike Gets 231 Votes / Full List Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria. Check Where You Belong. / Full List Of The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 12:44am On Aug 26, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Where and how exactly do you place the dividing line which demarcates a big difference from a small difference?
Why is there a difference at all?
Smh. You need help.

Have the Etunos' population become 'significant' now that Onuka's people want them under the same identity albeit superimposed?
He didn't want to be seen as a tribalist yet he stole 200,000 bags of cement and shared it only among his own people? Do you even really go through what you write before posting them? Those who steal and don't want to be seen as tribalists do so and put all the proceeds in their individual pockets or share it among close associates cutting across different tribes. That is how to steal in a detribalized manner. We accuse our politicians of becoming true Nigerians in looting because they share the booties among themselves regardless of tribe and religion. Whenever an EFCC probe report surfaces you see all tribes and religions fairly represented in the distribution of culprits.

It is both dumb and moronic to isolate one of many instances of evidence given to substantiate a point and then term it as a case of judging a whole tribe with the action of one person. It is ultra moronic. I mentioned Onuka's case among many other assorted evidences to prove a point and in your usual poor comprehension you picked it in isolation. Your case is really serious. You are confused, I repeat. Go and re-read that part as an integrated whole before you start fooling yourself. A sensible person who even misunderstood such a point would rather first ask for more similar instances and only when such can't be furnished can he really make the accusation of judging a people with the action of an individual. But your premeditated mindset would not allow you take the path of common sense. Confused clown.

Do Ebonyi-resident Anambra and Ngwa people live in isolated exclusive communities there? Do they celebrate their festivals there in isolation? Stop sounding like a broken record.
Per the bolded; then what exactly is your point? Self contradiction galore. Why are they not united as one people if I may ask? Care to explain?

Your friend, Adeiza Paul, has himself made it clear to you in his post that it is Oshuku appelation that belongs to everyone. Go back there and read thoroughly this time around. I hope you will not accuse him of bitterness when you see where he wrote that in clear and unmistakable terms. Go back there now.

An Ebira Etuno traditional leader in the video posted by AdeizaPaul clearly talked about how much he wanted all Ebira tribes to unite including his own people and a non-entity like you wants everyone to believe everything you say about Ebira Etuno hook line & sinker.

Do you know that you are actually doing to others what you don't want people to do to you? With this revelation by this Ebira Etuno traditional leader, it is very clear that there are many Etunos who truly believe that they are one and a part of the combined Ebira identity.

I gave you an example of how Sokoto Hausas live seperately from Kano Hausas when in Kano cos they see Kano people as very wayward, yet u obviously were blind to this. And yes, certain Igbo subgroups celebrate their cultural days within other parts of Igbo land. If I give you a link on this, I hope you will accept that you are a confirmed idiot?

AdeizaPaul acknowledges an Oshuku descent for all Ebira speaking tribes, which is something I never argued about. Can you show me where he talked about an Oshuku ethnic group? Manipulative Serpentine Psychopath.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 1:41am On Aug 26, 2019
Deadlytruth:

So you don't know that your later adjustment of your earlier statement is tantamount to knowing that Afemai is not synonymous to the whole Edo North? Do you need people to say certain things verbatim for you to know they have knowledge of it? If I say "I am going there now to see him now that he has arrived', do I still need to specifically say 'I know he has arrived' before you believe that I am actually aware of his arrival? Stop hiding behind a finger. You are only playing smart without really being clever.

Can you site an instance or furnish a link to substantiate this claim that there are still Akoko-Edos and Owans who still believe in the Afemai project despite you yourself having acknowledged earlier than it is rightly viewed by them as an Etsako agenda being masqueraded as an all Edo North thing? If anything, Oshiomhole's record of consistently giving all positions to Etsako people and sitting in Etsako all projects meant for Edo North is the last straw that broke the camel's back since as far back as during his second term as governor. Even some honest Etsakos no longer believe in the Afemai thing let alone Akoko-Edos and Owans. Any of the latter still claiming to believe in it can only doing so for an ulterior motive.

https://owanassociationusa.org/history/owan-east?start=5

Go through this link. The website belongs to Owan association USA written by Owans themselves. Check the 2nd paragraph and see how they addressed Warrake as an Afemai town.

Cover your face in shame!

Even when you have seen the fact clearly from your own chosen source (Adeiza Paul)?
Don't tell me you are this dubious. Thank God it was you who mentioned him and credited him with victory in the debate. I have shown you the screen capture of what he himself asserted in corroboration of my exposition. You are so pained. But live with it. Next time stay out of issues which don't yet comprehend.

Your friend, source and mentor, Paul Adeiza, has himself told you that it is simply about the fact that the actual generic name is being eroded and supplanted. Go back to that post and read through his comments thoroughly.
I guess you don't even know the difference between ethnic group and tribe.
Those who have unnatural motives for rejection of being part of groups assume others are like them. This is just your problem. I asked you why the Oshukus in Cross River are not coopted into this hullabaloo but you have continued to dodge this part because it is the most devastating of all evidences that you are crying more than the bereaved. Tell us why you have consciously avoided responding to this particular poser.
I have seen some Ebiras talk about the existence of some Ebira speaking tribe in Cross River and even Benue. I am yet to establish that fact. The fact that most Ebiras may not be talking about this does not mean that they have an ulterior motive. Many Ebiras definitely do not know of this. They only know of the ones who are their neigbours and not someone very far away. The neighbouring Ebira tribes have not even finished uniting themselves yet you want them to go hundreds of miles away to a place unknown to them. This is why I said you need help.

An example for you, cos I like giving solid examples. Idomas claim Igedes & Agatus who are their neighbours, but they do not claim Etulos who are basically a riverine Idoma group who was cut off from them during Tiv expansion into Benue valley, this is inspite of the fact that Etulos share the same Benue with Idomas. Many Idomas I have encountered don't even know of the existence of Etulos.
(Now I expect you to reply me on how my example with the Idoma-Etulo relates with your Ebira-Cross river Oshuku people. Cos you don't have a brain to understand analogies when you see one).

All these is trash as it doesn't really relate to the issue in focus. Are Ebonyians claiming that Aniomas are Ebonyians? Are the Wawas claiming that Aniomas are Wawas?
No, but Ebonyians, Aniomas and Wawas know that they are all Igbos, just as Taos, Kotos, Opandas, Mozums and sensible Etunos know that they are all Ebiras grin

Can't you see you have spoken from both sides your mouth again? Read the two bolded statementscarefully and slowly.
For the third bolded, you are simply fooling yourself. The issue here has nothing to do with this your senseless claim which you have stuck to but about the correct generic name. If a people are in contest with each other over their correct generic name, that should even be an indication that they are not denying each other but trying to set the records straight for the purpose of truth which is the genuine harbinger of peaceful coexistence. Only in your moronic and rotten brain does such amount to rejection or whatever you choose to call it. You are just outrightly silly in the way you reason. So if within your family, one of your relations is trying to change the family name in a way that distorts the family's identity and you question him and insist on the right name, that means you are rejecting him? You are truly daft and dumb. This your hyper consciousness and paranoid tendency about this your Middle Belt solidarity is really driving you mad.
No, I am not an excessively insecured and paranoid fellow like you, this is why I am not even ashamed to acknowledge the weak points of my people.

I have nothing like a middlebelt solidarity in me. Personally, I do not even like the Ebiras as a people neither do I believe in a joint regional identity with them. I only involve in discussions on areas which I have a fair knowledge on. If an Okpe man from Delta state is giving reasons why he is not an Urhobo man, I might interfere if the issue lasts for long cos I know quite much about Delta having lived there for some time. This was why interfered in this Edo north issues not necessarily of a stupid regional alliance with Ebiras. Not everyone reasons like you.

The actual problem of the black man is his attitude of seeking unity unnecessarily. That is why the rather fraudulent one-Nigeria doctrine was invented and it has become the very reason why the country failed. When we had a more centrifugal arrangement in the form of three Nigerias (i.e. three autonomous regions) and later four going to five six...., things worked fine and there was peace and equity. But once the seekers of unity and nationalism came and dismantled everything, problems started which culminated in a war that became a national tragedy till today. If Nigeria's ugly post Independence history has not taught you that forced unity even among brothers and sisters is dangerous and counterproductive, then I wonder what ever will. Your people are being slaughtered daily by Fulani Herdsmen in the name of ' we are all one' yet you are still spewing this thrash of unity. Are you blind? If everyone remains autonomous, do you think we would have been having these intractible security challenges, corruption, etc? America is more diverse than Nigeeia yet no one talks of unity or One-America. Each person pursues his own personal welfare with the framework of the law. There are Americans of English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish descent but that doesn't make them to start forming some British nationalism groups here and there titled British descendants are one, blah blah blah......

It is only in a failed country you hear of such since people seem to resort to harbor such proclivity to seek consolation and assistance due to failure of government to live up to her responsibilities.
Even the Nigerians who form and join tribal groups in the US do so not for themselves but in pursuit of making impact back at home due to the non-accountability of the government back at home.

First of all, your bringing in of US analogy in comparison with Nigeria in your last paragraph shows how dumb you are.
Everyone in the US overtime integrates into the dominant Anglo-saxon language and culture after arriving there and generations later. This is what has helped USA to be united irrespective of the diverse origins of the people. Had it been most German Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans and co were still speaking their native languages and extensively practicing their native cultures like Nigerians, do you think the USA would have been the way it is?

If you think that Nigeria was heaven within the 3 regional governments left by the British, then you have a problem. Middlebelters were against Hausa fulanis in the old northern region and infact the first bloody crisis between Hausa fulanis and middlebelters started in 1956 in Tafawa Balewa town. It was only a matter of time before the whole region went into flames.

Same with the Eastern region, the minorities wanted out and it got bloody in some cases and this was before the unitary system.

The midwestern minorities complained of Yoruba domination and even after getting their region, Urhobos and Aniomas were not happy as they claim that Benin dominated everything. In Delta state now, Urhobos are not happy that Aniomas have the capital. When Rivers and Cross rivers were carved out of the East, immediately the bitter politics of Upland and Lowland tribes started in Rivers state. In Cross river the Ogojas wanted their own state as they believe Calabar dominate everything. In Akwa Ibom, bad blood between the Ibibios, Oros & Annangs.
If any country or nation is to go by the cry of every minority or oppressed people for autonomy, then every village would end up being a region and every family a state of their own.

Infact, had the unitary system not been abolished and the Northern & Eastern minorities got their own independent regions, expect serious internal conflicts from these regions, because a particular tribe or coalition of tribes in power will use the autonomous region's excessive power to oppress or intimidate others.

Europe was very very fragmented in the past where every kingdoms lived independently on their own, however, various wars and invasions had to force similar peoples to unite under one state/crown. Many minorities had to sacrifice their identities for this to be possible. This is why no matter how much Catalonia cries for independence from Spain, no neighbouring EU countries will ever support this cos they don't want more divisions in Europe.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2019
Nowenuse:

Go through this link. The website belongs to Owan association USA written by Owans themselves. Check the 2nd paragraph and see how they addressed Warrake as an Afemai town.

I have seen some Ebiras talk about the existence of some Ebira speaking tribe in Cross River and even Benue. I am yet to establish that fact. The fact that most Ebiras may not be talking about this does not mean that they have an ulterior motive. Many Ebiras definitely do not know of this. They only know of the ones who are their neigbours and not someone very far away. The neighbouring Ebira tribes have not even finished uniting themselves yet you want them to go hundreds of miles away to a place unknown to them. This is why I said you need help.

An example for you, cos I like giving solid examples. Idomas claim Igedes & Agatus who are their neighbours, but they do not claim Etulos who are basically a riverine Idoma group who was cut off from them during Tiv expansion into Benue valley, this is inspite of the fact that Etulos share the same Benue with Idomas. Many Idomas I have encountered don't even know of the existence of Etulos.
(Now I expect you to reply me on how my example with the Idoma-Etulo relates with your Ebira-Cross river Oshuku people. Cos you don't have a brain to understand analogies when you see one).

No, but Ebonyians, Aniomas and Wawas know that they are all Igbos, just as Taos, Kotos, Opandas, Mozums and sensible Etunos know that they are all Ebiras grin

No, I am not an excessively insecured and paranoid fellow like you, this is why I am not even ashamed to acknowledge the weak points of my people.

I have nothing like a middlebelt solidarity in me. Personally, I do not even like the Ebiras as a people neither do I believe in a joint regional identity with them. I only involve in discussions on areas which I have a fair knowledge on. If an Okpe man from Delta state is giving reasons why he is not an Urhobo man, I might interfere if the issue lasts for long cos I know quite much about Delta having lived there for some time. This was why interfered in this Edo north issues not necessarily of a stupid regional alliance with Ebiras. Not everyone reasons like you.

First of all, your bringing in of US analogy in comparison with Nigeria in your last paragraph shows how dumb you are.
Everyone in the US overtime integrates into the dominant Anglo-saxon language and culture after arriving there and generations later. This is what has helped USA to be united irrespective of the diverse origins of the people. Had it been most German Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans and co were still speaking their native languages and extensively practicing their native cultures like Nigerians, do you think the USA would have been the way it is?

If you think that Nigeria was heaven within the 3 regional governments left by the British, then you have a problem. Middlebelters were against Hausa fulanis in the old northern region and infact the first bloody crisis between Hausa fulanis and middlebelters started in 1956 in Tafawa Balewa town. It was only a matter of time before the whole region went into flames.

Same with the Eastern region, the minorities wanted out and it got bloody in some cases and this was before the unitary system.

The midwestern minorities complained of Yoruba domination and even after getting their region, Urhobos and Aniomas were not happy as they claim that Benin dominated everything. In Delta state now, Urhobos are not happy that Aniomas have the capital. When Rivers and Cross rivers were carved out of the East, immediately the bitter politics of Upland and Lowland tribes started in Rivers state. In Cross river the Ogojas wanted their own state as they believe Calabar dominate everything. In Akwa Ibom, bad blood between the Ibibios, Oros & Annangs.
If any country or nation is to go by the cry of every minority or oppressed people for autonomy, then every village would end up being a region and every family a state of their own.

Infact, had the unitary system not been abolished and the Northern & Eastern minorities got their own independent regions, expect serious internal conflicts from these regions, because a particular tribe or coalition of tribes in power will use the autonomous region's excessive power to oppress or intimidate others.

Europe was very very fragmented in the past where every kingdoms lived independently on their own, however, various wars and invasions had to force similar peoples to unite under one state/crown. Many minorities had to sacrifice their identities for this to be possible. This is why no matter how much Catalonia cries for independence from Spain, no neighbouring EU countries will ever support this cos they don't want more divisions in Europe.
pls kindly provide an instant where minority agitation got "bloody" in the Eastern region?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2019
Please I want to register my tribe, Enugwu Ukwu Umunri, Anambra state, I'm not Igbo.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
Noneroone:
pls kindly provide an instant where minority agitation got "bloody" in the Eastern region?

Adaka Boro

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by jay89(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nowenuse:

Please, are the Kadaras in Niger state and Adaras in Southern Kaduna actually the same people who speak same language?
Yes
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naajjii: 3:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nowenuse:

No bro, please I wasn't addressing you when I said 3rd class caliphate citizen. I was talking to Naajjii, the person I quoted. He claims to be from the middlebelt, but he is a very very strong fulani apologist.

You are very correct. People within the same tribes look down on each other all over the world. The only problem I have with this in the case of the Igalas is religion. You know majority of northern Igalas are muslims while southern Igalas are overwhelmingly muslims.
You hardly find christian northern Igalas talking down on southern Igalas, it is mostly the muslim northern Igalas.
Lol this Nyamiri you are obsessed with me haha. I repeat those Igalas with Igbo root are inferior. We recognised any Igala with Yoruba root, Nupe root , Hausa root , bassa root, Ebgura root, Idoma root, Jukun root, Alago root etc but those with Igbo root No. You people are greedy and criminals.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naajjii: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nowenuse:

Revolva, come and say something about this.

As for you 'my 3rd class caliphate citizen friend' grin

It is very common for the people of an ethnic group at the boundary with others to behave or be somewhat similar to their neighbours than even with people from the hinterlands of their cultures especially when these neighbours of theirs are very influential.

Yorubas from northern Oyo/Kwara for instance are very different from those from Ondo. Many yoruba groups from Ondo have strong Edo influence in cultures and even in their looks. Many Ondo yorubas are naturally lightskinned (not bleached oo), just like many Edo people are. This is something you hardly find among northern yorubas.

When you look at northern Igbos (Nsukkas, Nkanus and Ebonyi groups) for instance, they share a lot of similarities with the Igalas/Idomas. Igbos in Delta/Onitsha share so much with Edos. Igbos in Southern Abia (Arochukwu) share so much with Ibibios. It is always like this.

Even in my small Pyem tribe in Plateau state for instance, my mother's side for example share boundary and live side by side with Mwaghavul communities. My mother's family name as well as many in that area are Mwaghavul. Many of them there also speak the language fluently. They can easily claim to be from the other tribe and people may not easily notice.

This does not give people from the hinterlands or another edge of the tribe to call those from another end inferior tribesmen. It is stupidity.
You need to reset your brain and understand stuff properly grin
Igalas have border with about 9 tribes or more, Igalas share border with Egbura, with Idomas,with Agatu, with Bassa, Igalas with Alago, with Edo , with Nupe, with Igbo etc why is it that only those with Igbo root and at the bordet with igbo that are seen as inferior . This is because you Igbo people are greedy with bad culture and way of life. Go and tell your kingsman to correct themselves otherwise nobody would like to be associated with you people.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 12:31am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

You are the one supposed to conver your inconsistent and lying face in shame after once agreeing that you are aware that the term Afemai is not used to mean the whole of Edo North in an ethnographic sense but for political expediency, you have reversed yourself as usual to deliberately misinterprete the Warrake people's Afemai claim in the ethnographic sense. You are indeed a shameless and inconsistent clown.

Nowenuse:

I have seen some Ebiras talk about the existence of some Ebira speaking tribe in Cross River and even Benue. I am yet to establish that fact.

You can't establish it because there are no Ebira speaking tribes in Cross River State. What you have there are Oshuku speaking tribe, and they are located Yala LGA of the state.

Nowenuse:

The fact that most Ebiras may not be talking about this does not mean that they have an ulterior motive
Unfortunately for you, Etunos have always known this but don't drag them because they have no ulterior motive. Moreover, Ebiras can't really claim not to know of them as Etunos have always made it known yet Ebiras still ignore them. If you still don't see the ulterior motive through this, then you will not see the tallest building in the world even if you are standing right in front of it.

Nowenuse:

Many Ebiras definitely do not know of this.
It is dumb, really dumb, to speak for a people whom you are not one of and are not in anyway related to. How did you know they don't know? If you think they don't know, then why have you been arguing in support of their supposed ignorance against a person who knows it and has been saying it? Don't tell me you are really this daft!

Nowenuse:

They only know of the ones who are their neigbours and not someone very far away. The neighbouring Ebira tribes have not even finished uniting themselves yet you want them to go hundreds of miles away to a place unknown to them. This is why I said you need help.
It is you who is in need of help for making yourself an unsolicited mouthpiece and self imposed spokesman of a people with whom you are not related let alone belong to. I never knew your desperation is this terrible.
If it is wrong for a people to concern themselves with their own relations hundreds of miles away without having united their immediate ones, then it is even wronger for you to, through the different Middle Belt fora you claim to head, be trying to unite other totally unrelated people who are even thousands of miles farther away from your own plateau state without having united all your neighbouring middle beltern tribes in Plateau State first. Then go and dissolve all those Middle Belt Fora and unite your Plateau State first before looking out for tribes that are over 300 miles away places like Kwara, Niger, Northern Adamawa, etc. See how you always sound illogical and inconsistent?

Nowenuse:

If you believe I don't have the brain to understand analogies, then why ask me to reply to one? Only a confused schizophrenic would expect an response from a person whom he perceives not to have an understanding of his question.
However, the simple reply I will give here to expose your brainlessness is that; If Idomas don't know of Etulo as an Idoma town, then how come you a total stranger whose home if is farther from Etulo are the one who know it? You just go on assuming you know people more than they do of themselves. How on earth is it really possible that Idomas no longer know about a group which separated from them and settled some distance away? Don't the Etulo people travel away from home hence must always come across individuals from their parent Idoma stock? It is customary for any given tribe to have and preserve their oral history which they hand down from generations to generations, and such oral accounts must definitely contain information on how and why some splinter groups broke away from the parent body to establish their own settlements and enclaves among other tribes. It is like suggesting that the Igala peoples' forefathers never handed down to their descendants the oral accounts of their history which definitely contains why and how the Ebu people in Delta North migrated out of the Igala Kingdom or that the Ondo people have lost their oral history about how the Olukunmis migrated away from them to their present location in Delta North. I never knew you are this dishonest and slimy.

Nowenuse:

Even after seeing a snapshot of where your own trusted Adeiza Paul said it plain and clear that they are all Oshuku Descendants? I can now see that you are impervious to facts however much they slap and kiss you in the face. You are indeed a devil's advocate. You are just too ashamed to confess that you have been authoritatively ignorant all this while. It is actually childish and indeed stupid and immature to keep defending a position about which you have been proven wrong by the very party you felt you were doing a favour by maintaining that position in the first instance. You dabbled into an issue you were completely ignorant of, you were shown unassailable facts contrary to your assumptions, but rather than bow to superior argument and those facts, you just choose to arrogantly stick to your falsehood. I understand that you are too embarrassed to admit the truth because you came into the discourse not with an open mind but with a self opinionated one, hence you find it very uncomfortable to have it all busted so badly.

Nowenuse:

Are we discussing your people or you here? You are the excessively insecured and paranoid one as
it is very evident that any real or perceived attack on any middle beltern tribe gives you high BP and you therefore rush in to defend your so called fellow Middle Belters without yet understanding what the discussion is all about. Imagine you quickly bringing in Nupes (Your Middle Belt people) into a discussion purely about Southerners. I pray your rabid pro-Middle Belt paranoia will not kill you.

Nowenuse:

I have nothing like a middlebelt solidarity in me. Personally, I do not even like the Ebiras as a people neither do I believe in a joint regional identity with them.
He has changed tune again seeing that he has boxed himself to a tight corner. In one line you say you want national unity among all tribes. But here you are again saying you don't like a particular people. How then do you attain your national unity? If you don't like Ebira people, then it is obvious you are the one filled with hate and paranoia. For goodness sake, how can you claim to hate a whole tribe?
Aren't I vindicated. You don't believe in a joint regional identity with Ebiras yet you have been defending the attempt by some of them to impose themselves on others. Aren't you therefore a hypocrite?
For me, I don't hate any tribe a will never have a reason to. I only hate individuals who propagate falsehood, and do all my humanly possible best to set the facts straight regardless of anything. You can keep on hating Ebiras, Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Hausas, Fulanis, etc while ironically seeking national unity with them.

Nowenuse:

I only involve in discussions on areas which I have a fair knowledge on.
You have adjusted it from accurate knowledge to "fair knowledge" now. Hehehehe.... Mr. Adjuster in Chief.

Nowenuse:

If an Okpe man from Delta state is giving reasons why he is not an Urhobo man, I might interfere if the issue lasts for long cos I know quite much about Delta having lived there for some time. This was why interfered in this Edo north issues not necessarily of a stupid regional alliance with Ebiras. Not everyone reasons like you.
You can deny it all you want, but only a fool will believe it is not about Middle Belt solidarity, or else what does a plateau state man share in common with Ebiras other than Middle Belt identity? That you lived long in Delta State doesn't give you superior knowledge about an Okpe man's cultural identity than himself. His claim would definitely appear as exaggerated in the eyes of a non-native like you just like my one settlement tribe claim for Edo State appeared to you as impossible despite you having lived in the said state for equally long and even schooled there.

Nowenuse:

Another daft and stupid counter argument. I only used the US as an example from the persepective of a fundamental principle in Anthropology which is applicable to all ethnically diverse societies regardless of their athnographic evolutions. Of course I wouldn't expect you to know this. But I will not lecture you for free on this. Go and get a text on Anthropology and educate your brainless cranium.
And for you to even think that the US was formed after all those tribes arrived is the silliest thing I ever heard. Each of the states of the US was a separate autonomous colony of her own hence the residents still had their parent cultures and languages intact as they joined the union in turns and at different times through a period of over 100 years.
You speak as if the Anglo-Saxon culture was the original extant culture which all arriving tribes met there and got integrated into whereas the aboriginal red Indians were not of the Anglo-Saxon extraction neither did they bear that culture. The Anglo-Saxon culture was not willingly adopted by them but was imposed on all of them through colonization just like it happened in Nigeria. However, on gaining independence they, like Nigeria again, all agreed to a constiution which didn't hammer on unity and national integration unnecessarily but on justice, equity, individualism and equality of all men before God. They never tampered or experimented with an alternative structure in the name of seeking national unity or integration as they knew that once justice and equity are always upheld, these other ones would follow automatically. But in Nigeria we chose to later experiment with replacement of equity and social justice with national unity and integration by way of imposing Unitary system, and here we are today in ruins.

Nowenuse:

If you think that Nigeria was heaven within the 3 regional governments left by the British, then you have a problem.
You are the one suffering from a problem. Under the regional system, Nigeria was heaven in the sense that it created an enabling environment of healthy inter-regional competition which was sure to turn Nigeria to heaven in no distant time. You are already in heaven when you are on the right track leading to heaven.

Nowenuse:

Middlebelters were against Hausa fulanis in the old northern region and infact the first bloody crisis between Hausa fulanis and middlebelters started in 1956 in Tafawa Balewa town. It was only a matter of time before the whole region went into flames.

The three region structure was operated under a constiution which would have eventually and legally granted autonomy to all these agitating tribes. It also gave room for it own ammendment such as to grant the power of self assertion and autonomy to each component tribe of the newer regions to have been created.

Nowenuse:

The midwestern minorities complained of Yoruba domination and even after getting their region, Urhobos and Aniomas were not happy as they claim that Benin dominated everything.
This is pure falsehood. The Midwest was created by plebiscite through which all the component tribes freely voted to have the region created for them meaning that they all believed in it and didn't see visualize any marginalization in its future. Moreover, an Anioma man was made the first Premier so where is this Anioma marginalization theory coming from? Do you just enjoy making assumptions and projecting them as facts? Binis were not a majority in the said region, so how could they have been able to dominate everything?
Which Urhobos complained of Bini domination?

Nowenuse:

In Delta state now, Urhobos are not happy that Aniomas have the capital.
That is because the present Delta State was created by a fiat of the military establishment which came to be through the destruction of the original independence constiution. Had these subnational units we now call state been created through legal democratic means in line with the independence constiution, the terms of coexistence in each one of them and the location of their capitals would have been democratically agreed on and signed unanimously hence no one would have been complaining of marginalization within any of the states by now.

Nowenuse:

When Rivers and Cross rivers were carved out of the East, immediately the bitter politics of Upland and Lowland tribes started in Rivers state. In Cross river the Ogojas wanted their own state as they believe Calabar dominate everything. In Akwa Ibom, bad blood between the Ibibios, Oros & Annangs.
Like I already said, all those Upland vs Lowland bickering in Rivers, Ogoja vs Calabar in Cross River, etc were all as a result of the states being created by military fiat as against the legal and democratic process that would have birthed them through the three region system hence all those concerns addresed at the stage of proposal. Mind you that under the three region system, there was nothing like Federal Allocation but that each region generated her own revenue and paid taxt to the centre. Whoever wanted to demand for a state or new region must first ensure that it would be able to fend for itself as no Federal Allocation would come hence, if the regional autonomy constiution had not been destroyed by the unity seekers, people wouldn't have been agitating for states anyhow as we have it today, so all these agitation for states you complain of would have been unheard of. Anyhow you choose to look at it, the unity seekers caused all the problems you mentioned above.

Nowenuse:

"Had the Unitary system not been abolished"..... This doesn't make sense because the Unitary System has really not been abolished and that exactly is why the scenario you painted above is visible at the national level. So an abolition of this Unitary system will eradicate that ugly trend.

Nowenuse:

This is hilarious! Then why and how did Yugoslavia, a European country, recently get split up into six or so?
The integration in Europe is not in the ethnographic sense you seek for Nigeria but in the form of EU which all member countries retain their autonomy. In fact Britain just exited the said EU due to realization that the unity in it was exploitative to them. Even within the said United Kingdom the components operate as a confederation. So your argument here is pure pants!

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 2:43am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:
Smh. You need help.
This is a logical question beyond your infantile capacity hence I don't expect you to say anything in response other than this usual refrain of yours.

Nowenuse:

An Ebira Etuno traditional leader in the video posted by AdeizaPaul clearly talked about how much he wanted all Ebira tribes to unite including his own people and a non-entity like you wants everyone to believe everything you say about Ebira Etuno hook line & sinker.

It is really dumb of you to take the insincere opinion of a single individual as representative of a town of over 100,000 natives. And for the dullard you are, you couldn't notice that Adeiza Paul avoided cleverly the poser as to why the same man could not sponsor a bill for that in all his eight
years in Edo State House of Assembly if he truly believed himself. Out of 14 clans in a town, a head of one clan spoke not even in representative capacity of his clan let alone others, yet your coconut head interpreted this to mean that every native shares such opinion. You are truly crazy and demented. So some of your traditional leaders' claims in Plateau State that you are united with Hausafulanis translates to being factual? Idiot!

Nowenuse:

Do you know that you are actually doing to others what you don't want people to do to you? With this revelation by this Ebira Etuno traditional leader, it is very clear that there are many Etunos who truly believe that they are one and a part of the combined Ebira identity.
You are simply mentally retarded. You claim to have had a lot of Etuno people as friends in UNIBEN and I asked you how many of them ever identified themselves as Ebiras to you. You couldn't answer, yet you are relying on the statement of a single individual and a typical Nigerian politician for that matter (who are known for inconsistency) to reach a conclusion which none of those your many Etuno friends ever attested to. You are indeed a fool devoid of deep thinking.

Nowenuse:

I gave you an example of how Sokoto Hausas live seperately from Kano Hausas when in Kano cos they see Kano people as very wayward, yet u obviously were blind to this. And yes, certain Igbo subgroups celebrate their cultural days within other parts of Igbo land. If I give you a link on this, I hope you will accept that you are a confirmed idiot?

Only in the mind of an idiot like you would names of states of residence automatically translate to the nomenclature of sub tribes. What if these states were never created? That means we wouldn't have known the Hausa subtribes. Didn't the Hausa subtribes have names before states got created in Nigeria? It is this same fraudulent narrative you are trying to bring to bear on the Oshuku identity because all your rotten brain thinks about is political correctness towards your rather assinine idea of national unity. Eegit!

Nowenuse:

AdeizaPaul acknowledges an Oshuku descent for all Ebira speaking tribes, which is something I never argued about.

You never argued about that? The same you that was arguing all before now that there is nothing like Oshuku appelation and that you have never heard of it? You see how you change tune dubiously each time you are boxed to a tight corner? You are just too full of deceit and lies. You can say "a" and in less than a minute deny it completely and then claim it was "b" you said. Thief! You are worse than the devil himself.
If he acknowledged Oshuku as covering all those peoples, then doesn't common sense dictate to your empty skull that that exactly is the name of the tribe?

Nowenuse:

Can you show me where he talked about an Oshuku ethnic group? Manipulative Serpentine Psychopath.

In what context did he mention Oshuku? You think Oshuku is the name of a particular ancestral figure? Did he say "Oshuku's Descendants"? You luciferous and demonic merchant of lies and deception. Don't go and think of how to create NL posts to bring your obscure tribe into limelight. Be between every other tribes' threads like a monkey and imposing yourself as spokespersons of people you are not in any way related to. Are you so ashamed of your unknown tribe that you are more interested in threads about others than yours? I have never seen you create a post about your tribe. Why? Is it such an insignificant tribe?

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 4:32am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

I do not have an extremely insecure mindset like you which makes me overprotective of my people's autonomy to a toxic level as yours, to the extent that I tell outright and obvious shameless lies.

I guess your extremely anti-Arewa stance is a moderate state of mind. Do you ever listen to yourself at all? What is the insecurity in trying to protect one's people from identity distortion? You mean I should allow Yorubas and Ebiras a field day in their attempt to disrupt Akoko-Edo and Edo People's identity the way you middle belters allowed the Arewa did to yours and today you are paying through your nose to redeem yourselves? We are
not as shortsighted and docile as your people.

Nowenuse:

As a pro middlebelter, I am strongly anti-arewa, but I remember saying it here that even my father and grandfather still believe in Arewa. I am not ashamed of that nor do I have to lie about it. I am not like you who tell obvious shameless lies to buttress your ego.
Despite being purposely pro-Middle Belt, you claim to hate Ebiras who are your fellow Middle Belters, but claim to have preferred unity with Hausafulanis (the scion
of Arewa) if not for certain yet prevalent considerations and conditions. Just imagine your mountanous inconsistency. Isn't it clear that your so-called commitment to the Middle Belt course is all built on selfish political expediency and self aggrandizement?

Nowenuse:

Going through that Ibillo thread, I saw a video AdeizaPaul posted on how an Igarra traditional leader was hoping that all Ebira speaking people including his own Etuno people unite as one for the common good of Ebira land, yet you came out to rubbish this clear and revealing video as one man's opinion.
Adeiza Paul is as ignorant as yourself on the position of the generality of Etunos as regards the issue the man was speaking on. Of course I rubbished it with hard unassailable facts and posers which Adeiza Paul could not furnish a single counter response to. I told him the truth, and with his own keyboard he later confessed that the Oshuku appelation is supreme before he exited the thread. But a shameless impostor like you has continued to chase a non existent shadow thinking you can replicate here the Arewa imposition you suffer up North.. It would not work. Arewa has conquered you and you have become one with them. Live with that.
If not for sheer mischief, tell me how a could all be supposedly described as Ebiras, and then in enumerating their subgroups Ebira still features again.

Nowenuse:

The yorubas on that thread like macof, scholes0 & 9jakool showed you clear evidences of ingrained yoruba influences in Akoko-edo, but yet you shamelesly downplayed them to the extent that you downplayed the opinions of 2 prominent Akoko edo intelligenstia who claimed that they were of Yoruba origin citing them as scarce isolated cases of individual opinions. Now, the same you is giving every reason why the actions of a single person Col Onuka should be used to judge one entire tribe. You are worse than a venomous snake!
A venomous snake is far less harmless than you who make one
claim and sooner or later adjust it as a premise to deny ever making the earlier claim. The bone of contention between those Yoruba guys like macof and I was their claim that there are Akoko-Edo towns founded by Yoruba migrants. I challenged them to name those towns while using detailed information to crush their lies. But exactly like you, they quickly adjusted their claims to only speaking of heavy Yoruba influence and denied ever claiming that there are Akoko-Edo towns with Yoruba founders. Again I smashed their adjusted claim and with unassailable facts and posers proved it to them that the so called influence was imposed courtesy of the Yoruba domination we suffered under the old Western Region and that once the Midwest was created things automatically began to reverse. They all ran away with their tails tucked between their hind legs. They were more honourable than you who has continued to fool yourself even in the face of hard facts.
The Akoko-Edo intelligentsia you talk about are just two in number. They claim to be from Ibillo the cultural headquarters of the Okpameri tribe. How does it make sense that a town supposedly founded by Yorubas became the cultural and spiritual headquarters of an altogether different tribe? Aren't we supposed to be logical and analytical in these issues? Since when did being an intelligensia become a license of authority on a people's history? Is Oba Akiolu whose claim of Lagos being aboriginal to Binis not a Yoruba intelligensia yet Yorubas deny his claims and rubbish him for same? Didn't I ask the Yorubas on that thread why they want Akoko-Edos to accept some misguided Akoko-Edo son's claim of Yorubaness while they reject the claim of Beninness for Lagos despite Akiolu is a monarch and an authority therefore? Could they answer me?
If not for the fool you are with comprehension problem, how you saw Onuka's example as a single case continues to beat me silly. I gave a lot of evidences which Onuka's issue was just one of, but for your shameless devil advocacy, you continue to mention it. I mentioned the issue of 'annavi', mentioned the issue of LGAs creation in 1996, mentioned the fact that Etunos never paid Onuka courtesy call because they didn't really see him as their own and then added that Onuka too never extended his cement bazaar to Etunos all as examples of the fact that these people don't really regard each other as exactly the same people. But for the snake and lucifer you are, you choose to isolate the onuka cement bazaar from the rest, and continue to reference it dubiously. Keep fooling yourself thinking you are smart. Idiot!

Nowenuse:

On that thread, you also claimed that Akoko edo people stopped giving their children yoruba names immediately as soon as you guys left the yoruba dominated western region. Gosh! Almost all my Akoko edo friends, course mates and hostel mates in Uniben had yoruba names and all of these guys were born in the 90's just like me. One of them confessed to me that he has a yoruba name but chose to stop using it cos he saw no need for this. 3 of them in my hostel, 2 from Ososo and 1 from Igarra spoke yoruba as their main language among themselves. The only thing I observed is that some Akoko edo people are now fighting the Yoruba influence on themselves. My coursemate whose name was Adebayo Owolabi from Akoko edo always announces to everyone how he is not a yoruba man grin
I never knew your comprehension problem is this bad. Did I say there that "No Akoko-Edo person ever gave their children Yoruba names again after the creation of Midwest"? Go back and read that part very well but slowly. And was that your coursemate lying about his being not actually Yoruba despite bearing a Yoruba name as you would like to believe? Recall that this was the very crux of the debate which you came to derail completely by introducing how the bearing of Nupe names in South Ibie makes many Afenamais of Nupe origin.

Nowenuse:

See, fighting for a course doesn't mean you should go about spewing lies and hatred for everyone who has a contrary opinion as yours, it will only destroy you. We all have weaknesses and there is nothing wrong with us admitting our weaknesses.
And who the hell are you to tell me how to fight a course? That you spew lies yourself doesn't mean you should assume that everyone else is like you. A lie is known through self contradictions and the tendency to make adjustments or altogether deny ever saying so, and these are your hallmarks at least as copiously evident on this thread. On that Ibillo thread I never later adjusted any of my claims like those Yoruba monikers kept doing and like you too have done countless times here. So take your own advice as it is obvious you are the one who fights your courses with lies.

That the OP opined that Ibillo had Yoruba origins doesn't actually make it so. He is a very young boy who is still very impressionable and I and the other Akoko-Edo guys cured his ignorance. He immediately became my follower because he was dazed with my revelations as a young unsuspecting innocent boy very vulnerable to deception by Yoruba expansionists. In fact making a post on a public interactive forum like NL actually doesn't mean the OP is making a final assertion but seeking better knowledge through exchange of ideas and opinions.

Nowenuse:

You talked about being able to assert that middlebelters are of Hausa/fulani origin just because I talked about Etsakos of Nupe origin. I bet you thought that this will irk me grin, but hell no, it didn't,

If it didn't irk you, you wouldn't have mentioned it as you are doing now. But the truth remains that very many Middle Belters are of Hausafulani origin regardless of how much they deny it.

Nowenuse:

rather I agreed that truly, some middlebelters are of Hausa fulani origins. I'm sure anyone reading through this thread can see who the extremely insecured and paranoid individual is.

In psychology, there is a principle which upholds that a person who without any provocation keeps accusing someone else of a particular thing is very likely the one suffering from it. While I only concern myself with facts and logic, you keep repeating this your line of "insecure and paranoid". It can only be an face saving technique from the embarrassment you are suffering in .my hands courtesy of superior facts and logic. The mere fact that you jumped into this whole debate through a very irrelevant digression lays it bare that you are the insecure and paranoid one. If not, what concerns Nupe vs Afemais discuss with with a Bini vs Yoruba debate?

Nowenuse:

As much as I dislike Hausa fulanis and their expansionist agendas and wish to rid my people and region of every Hausa fulani influence, I would not go as low as attacking everyone with lies.
You dislike Ebiras, the same you dislike Hausafulanis, you dislike Igbos, you dislike this, you dislike that....yet you accuse someone else of paranoia and insecurity. Have you ever heard me say I dislike any tribe? I really don't. I only have problems with overbearing individuals like you regardless of tribe. It means I have to encounter people before I have problems with them. You already hate people without having related with them but just because of their tribes. You suffer from prejudice induced hate and that is the greatest sign of paranoia, bitterness, insecurity, etc.
Most Hausafulanis are very nice by my own standards. They don't break agreements however much it later hurts them. They live contented lives. They possess simplicity. They are not haughty and arrogant. If you don't offend them, be sure they will never offend you too. They are open and straight forward, etc. I had first hand experience during my university days in the North. It is therefore dumb to judge them all with the activities of their political class which every other tribes'political class is as well guilty of.

Nowenuse:

If you cannot understand that people of various sub-ethnic groups ridicule each other and even experience culture shock when visiting each other's homelands, yet they remain of the same ethnic nation, then I give up on you.
That is pure falsehood. Give an example or forever remain the shameless liar you are. On what basis do people of the same sub ethnic groups call each other derogatory names? Are there sub-ethnic groups within sub-ethnic groups to warrant such? Are you normal at all? Have you ever heard Ijebus making jest of Ijebus for being Ijebus or your own tribes'people making jest of themselves for being of that tribe? You are not making sense with this at all.

Nowenuse:

You have a big problem when you generalize that Ebiras (Taos, Kotos, Mozums & Opandas) are very different from you Etunos and they experience culture shock in Igarra forgetting that even among the Taos, Kotos, Mozums & Opandas, they have their differences. An Opanda man visiting a Tao village and he sees people running all of a sudden inside their houses because of a masquerade will be culture shocked, because his own Opanda people have very limited fetish practices since the great influence of islam by jihad. You need help.

This is the mistake you deliberately chose to make. There is nothing like Ebiras (Panda, Taos, Kotos, Muzums). You brain has been corrupted and conditioned with this default but false narrative. Who are these so called Ebira Taos if I may ask? In what sense does they use the term?
Even Ebiras themselves don't term an Etuno person as Ebira when they physically meet on ground.
They know it is sacrilegious. It is a new invention. I have asked you why Ebiras resident in Igarra choose to live in their own separate comminities if truly they assume they are in Ebira land but the snake you are continues to dodge it. I have also asked you why they form Ebira cultural unions in Igarra if they believe they are in Ebira land. No response from the snake's belly. When an Ebira Nan sees an Etuno person, he would greet him saying "Anetuno". He never adds Ebira to it. Ask them why they do so.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 5:01am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

Manipulative psychopath. Can you show me where I ever argued that Ebira speaking tribes aren't from one ancestor Oshuku?
What I argued about is you creating and claiming a new Oshuku ethnic group which is synonymous to madness if you ask me.
Luciferous demon, did you even initially ever agree to the existence of any idea as "Oshuku"? You claimed it doesn't exist at all but that it is my own creation because you had never heard of it. You even visited a thread where your own admired Adeiza Paul asserted its
existence but since you don't read thoroughly you missed seeing it and still returned to deny it. It took me uploading a screenshot of Adeiza Paul's own confession to the existence, and now that you've seen it, rather than accept you were wrong, you as usual decided to adjust the claim to not having argued against the name as being of a particular ancestral figure. This is madness and disease combined.

You are indeed a goat. So from what you read there the inference you made is that Oshuku is the name of an ancestral figure? You must be really dumb! Did your Adeiza Paul write it as "Oshuku's Descendants" or Oshuku Descendants?

Did you see any sign of possessiveness in the word? Their ancestors were different figures Chief among whom were the Oshemi, Agbogumazia, Azego, etc.

[quote author=Nowenuse post=81609553]
All Nupe speaking tribes, Bassa, Dibo, Ganagana, Kakanda, Kupa & Nupe know that they come from one ancestor TSOEDE, then tomorrow a Bassa man will wake up to claim that the mighty Nupe tribe are originally 'Tsoede ethnic group' just to avoid their own identity being swallowed up by Nupe identity.

You are a fool hence the reason why you are using this to draw a parallel. You lack comprehension ability. While Tsoede was the name of a particular ancestral figure, Oshuku wasn't. No one bore Oshuku as a name. The Nupes could be correctly labelled Tsoede's descendants, but for Oshuku, it is Oshuku Descendants and not Oshuku's descendants. First class mumu!

[quote author=Nowenuse post=81609553]
It's also akin to Austrians telling Germans to change their ethnic identity to the name of their common ancient Germanic ancestor. You need to see a doctor grin
Still stringing up dissimilar parralels.
You are really a very big fat fool. Do you think the word "Oshuku" is the name of an ancestral figure? Did Paul Adeiza write "Oshuku's Descendants" or "Oshuku Descendants"? When you won't read carefully and thoroughly, how would you know what he wrote?

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 5:12am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

I do not have an extremely insecure mindset like you which makes me overprotective of my people's autonomy to a toxic level as yours, to the extent that I tell outright and obvious shameless lies.

As a pro middlebelter, I am strongly anti-arewa, but I remember saying it here that even my father and grandfather still believe in Arewa. I am not ashamed of that nor do I have to lie about it. I am not like you who tell obvious shameless lies to buttress your ego.

Going through that Ibillo thread, I saw a video AdeizaPaul posted on how an Igarra traditional leader was hoping that all Ebira speaking people including his own Etuno people unite as one for the common good of Ebira land, yet you came out to rubbish this clear and revealing video as one man's opinion.

The yorubas on that thread like macof, scholes0 & 9jakool showed you clear evidences of ingrained yoruba influences in Akoko-edo, but yet you shamelesly downplayed them to the extent that you downplayed the opinions of 2 prominent Akoko edo intelligenstia who claimed that they were of Yoruba origin citing them as scarce isolated cases of individual opinions. Now, the same you is giving every reason why the actions of a single person Col Onuka should be used to judge one entire tribe. You are worse than a venomous snake!

On that thread, you also claimed that Akoko edo people stopped giving their children yoruba names immediately as soon as you guys left the yoruba dominated western region. Gosh! Almost all my Akoko edo friends, course mates and hostel mates in Uniben had yoruba names and all of these guys were born in the 90's just like me. One of them confessed to me that he has a yoruba name but chose to stop using it cos he saw no need for this. 3 of them in my hostel, 2 from Ososo and 1 from Igarra spoke yoruba as their main language among themselves. The only thing I observed is that some Akoko edo people are now fighting the Yoruba influence on themselves. My coursemate whose name was Adebayo Owolabi from Akoko edo always announces to everyone how he is not a yoruba man grin

See, fighting for a course doesn't mean you should go about spewing lies and hatred for everyone who has a contrary opinion as yours, it will only destroy you. We all have weaknesses and there is nothing wrong with us admitting our weaknesses.
You talked about being able to assert that middlebelters are of Hausa/fulani origin just because I talked about Etsakos of Nupe origin. I bet you thought that this will irk me grin, but hell no, it didn't, rather I agreed that truly, some middlebelters are of Hausa fulani origins. I'm sure anyone reading through this thread can see who the extremely insecured and paranoid individual is.
As much as I dislike Hausa fulanis and their expansionist agendas and wish to rid my people and region of every Hausa fulani influence, I would not go as low as attacking everyone with lies.

If you cannot understand that people of various sub-ethnic groups ridicule each other and even experience culture shock when visiting each other's homelands, yet they remain of the same ethnic nation, then I give up on you.
You have a big problem when you generalize that Ebiras (Taos, Kotos, Mozums & Opandas) are very different from you Etunos and they experience culture shock in Igarra forgetting that even among the Taos, Kotos, Mozums & Opandas, they have their differences. An Opanda man visiting a Tao village and he sees people running all of a sudden inside their houses because of a masquerade will be culture shocked, because his own Opanda people have very limited fetish practices since the great influence of islam by jihad. You need help.

If not for the stupidity you seem to be born with, doesn't everyone know that for a statement on the identity of a people or tribe to carry any credibility, such must come from the leadership of the cultural association of that tribe in the form of a press release duly signed by the president and secretary? Can a single person like the man in the video pass for such an organization and her president and secretary? Don't you hear Ijaw Youth Council, Ohaneze Ndigbo, Afenifere, etc making press statements on behalf of the entire Ijaws, Igbos, Yorubas, etc and same being accepted as truly authoritative? So which pan-Etuno group did the man in the video claim to be speaking for? Dumbass!

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 5:39am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

I have discovered that you have diarrhea of the hands on keyboard and you just love arguments for the sake of arguing.
See inverted accusation. So you who introduced Nupe/Afemai issue into a Yoruba vs Bini thread are not the lover of unecessary arguments and aren't suffering from diarrhoea of the fingers? Do you even really read what you write?
The truth about you is that you love to be seen as knowledgeable about every tribe in Nigeria hence you are quick to jump into threads on ethnicity and culture and begin to use sophistry in deceiving the unsuspecting who allow you a feild day. But with me, you have for the first time met a brick wall and it pains you so badly.

Nowenuse:

You are also an irredemable and shameless liar, who still hold on to your wrong facts no matter how much you are exposed.
See who is talking? You that claim Etsako land was fully conquered and ruled by the Fulani Jihadists only for me to ask you why then it is not on record that there were ever Emirs any where in Etsako rather all their monarchs maintain Etsako Language titles. I know you are terribly embarrssed that I brought down this your lie with just a simple logical question. The fulani Jihadists are known to replace with an Emir the monarch they meet on the throne of wherever they conquere. If Etsako was truly conquered by Fulanis, then why was its case different? I thought you were going to begin another conjectural merry-go-round as usual but this time your lies got dried up and abuses started coming forth. What a shame!

Nowenuse:

I concluded on this just today when I read all through that thread on the origin of Ibillo community. So I don't think I would be wasting my time on you any much longer.
So you just have really thoroughly read up the thread after having been making references to it before now meaning you were referencing what you had not read through? Shameless cunt you are?

Nowenuse:

If you cannot comprehend the fact that right from history till now, conquerors usually leave their genetic imprint on their conquered population especially when they try to integrate their conquered population ethnically, linguistically or religiously, then I have to give up on you!
We all know that the greatest evidence of Fulani Jihadists conquest is the vestige of Emirate. In fact the first and most enduring evidence of conquest is the imposition of the conqueros' structure of government on the conquered. The British conquered all tribes in Nigeria and immediately proceeded to replace their background monsrchy with democracy. You mean that after Fulanis conquered Etsako they left the native monarchies intact? Then what sort of conquest was that?

Nowenuse:

If you cannot comprehend my examples from all over Nigeria on how much the influence of the Islamic conquest is usually strongest at the areas where the seat of the caliphate/Emirate is located, then I give up on you!
Ancient native Hausa traditions and religions are still practiced in Kano/ Zaria/Katsina till date, but yet such is non existent in Sokoto (the seat of the caliphate).
If you cannot understand how the people from the surrounding areas of Etsako west show less islamic influence compared to the people of Etsako west where the seat of jihadists were, then you are irredeemable.
Thrash. Tell us why the Fulanis didn't impose an Emirate anywhere in Etsako after supposedly conquering them. After that we can move on to all these. First things first.

Nowenuse:

What if I show you links where the Kings (custodians of the cultures) of Onitsha and Itsekiri proudly confirm their Benin origins? Wouldn't that make you such an idiott?
Adjuster in Chief. Your claim is that the generality of Onitshans and Itsekiris identify with their Bini origins. You have just adjusted it now to linit it to their Kings. Thief!

Nowenuse:

If the fact that the royal lineages of a people from centuries back have an ancestry X and you claim it is wrong for someone to say certain people from that area have ancestry X, then you have a problem.

Then you are a Hausafulani because the royal lineage of most of you middle belters are traceable to Hausafulanis.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Noneroone(m): 6:00am On Aug 29, 2019
Nowenuse:

Adaka Boro
Do you know the meaning of agitation? did he found any popular organization with known demands from Eastern region? was the sudden creation of republic' of Niger delta an "agitation" against Eastern region or Rebellion against the country?

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by orisa37: 6:06am On Aug 29, 2019
that girl is from zamfara. I am from zamfara too.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by orisa37: 6:14am On Aug 29, 2019
The Fulanis are not Nigerians. They are foot and journey on. They are Tuareg Arabs Invaders in Nigeria.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Alberttahir: 6:50am On Aug 29, 2019
Omeizamon:
Ebirra is not in Edo state.... The tribe they have is Igarra. Pls check your facts correctly before posting.
the poster is right. there are Ebiras in Edo state. Igarra is a town in Edo state inhabited by Ebira- Etuono.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2019
Naajjii:

Igalas have border with about 9 tribes or more, Igalas share border with Egbura, with Idomas,with Agatu, with Bassa, Igalas with Alago, with Edo , with Nupe, with Igbo etc why is it that only those with Igbo root and at the bordet with igbo that are seen as inferior . This is because you Igbo people are greedy with bad culture and way of life. Go and tell your kingsman to correct themselves otherwise nobody would like to be associated with you people.

He is not Igbo ok hahahaa
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 29, 2019
Naajjii:

Igbos don't need any association with you guys.

We don't....stay your lane, I stay my own..no be crime.

Hold your association, we don't need it.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naajjii: 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Igbos don't need any association with you guys.

We don't....stay your lane, I stay my own..no be crime.

Hold your association, we don't need it.
Go and tell your people who are trying hard to associate themselves with Igalas. From history Igalas were slave master of Igbo, they thought Igbo civilisation. Go and check history , stay on your Biafra land alone nobody will be associated with you people or you go and talk to your cousin s Calabar people, Ibibio people to join you if they will accept.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naajjii: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
Revolva:

He is not Igbo ok hahahaa
He is Igbo pretending that he is from plateau , he almost tricked me into believing that he is from plateau until I realised that he is a very serious Nyamiri.
So don't let him him trick you .
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Naajjii:

Go and tell your people who are trying hard to associate themselves with Igalas. From history Igalas were slave master of Igbo, they thought Igbo civilisation. Go and check history , stay on your Biafra land alone nobody will be associated with you people or you go and talk to your cousin s Calabar people, Ibibio people to join you if they will accept.

Imagine mean engaging banter with an Hausa-fulani...No such time.

The guy called Revolva or Nowenuse should answer your question.

If Igbo has any relationship with you guys is strictly on business and the British experiment called Nigeria.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naajjii: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Imagine mean engaging banter with an Hausa-fulani...No such time.

The guy called Revolva or Nowenuse should answer your question.

If Igbo has any relationship with you guys is strictly on business and the British experiment called Nigeria.
Ha ha are you also from Osu Caste environment?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
Naajjii:

Ha ha are you also from Osu Caste environment?

Noted is still okay

and it doesn't change that Our relationship still remains business and because British called it Nigeria.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Naajjii: 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Noted is still okay

and it doesn't change that Our relationship still remains business and because British called it Nigeria.
Can you tell us more about OSU CASTE
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by sofiscatedmoron: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
sykeng:
In Delta State, Ukwani, Ika and Aniocha speak almost similarly language with the core igbos but they are not of same tribe, so as isoko and urhobo are similar but of different tribes. Next time separate them please.
nothing like similar, u r confused ,,, Ukwani, Ika and Aniocha are all igbo dialects, just like there are different of igbo in douth east the central igbo is what unites all together,
its like saying ijebu and yoruba speak similar language but ijebu is not yoruba
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nijanija: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
Amen..the language is similar to igala but different small..very fine gals dey there

Yes you are right Nd they her home keepers
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
pawesome:
This is the main reason why Nigeria is backwards in terms of everything.. Tribe

Most developed countries have a single tribe.. They white men want us fighting each other thats why they brought this shit upon us.. And is actually working really well...
you dumb no be small....

So white men created these tribes... chai... your reason and not the tribes is responsible for Nigeria's state.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by pawesome(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2019
henryobinna:
you dumb no be small....

So white men created these tribes... chai... your reason and not the tribes is responsible for Nigeria's state.
ok
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nowenuse: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
Deadlytruth:

See inverted accusation. So you who introduced Nupe/Afemai issue into a Yoruba vs Bini thread are not the lover of unecessary arguments and aren't suffering from diarrhoea of the fingers? Do you even really read what you write?
The truth about you is that you love to be seen as knowledgeable about every tribe in Nigeria hence you are quick to jump into threads on ethnicity and culture and begin to use sophistry in deceiving the unsuspecting who allow you a feild day. But with me, you have for the first time met a brick wall and it pains you so badly.
Pains me badly? Pathetic. Everyone knows you here for the venomous snake that you are. You have a reputation for attacking and quarreling with everyone here, both Yorubas, Igbos, middlebelters and foreigners grin

I am from the middlebelt and grew up in the western Niger delta. You cannot find me arguing with anyone outside these areas. Show me anywhere I have argued about SouthWest yorubas or South-east Igbos or forever close those diarrhea hands of yours in shame.

See who is talking? You that claim Etsako land was fully conquered and ruled by the Fulani Jihadists only for me to ask you why then it is not on record that there were ever Emirs any where in Etsako rather all their monarchs maintain Etsako Language titles. I know you are terribly embarrssed that I brought down this your lie with just a simple logical question. The fulani Jihadists are known to replace with an Emir the monarch they meet on the throne of wherever they conquere. If Etsako was truly conquered by Fulanis, then why was its case different? I thought you were going to begin another conjectural merry-go-round as usual but this time your lies got dried up and abuses started coming forth. What a shame!

So you just have really thoroughly read up the thread after having been making references to it before now meaning you were referencing what you had not read through? Shameless cunt you are?

We all know that the greatest evidence of Fulani Jihadists conquest is the vestige of Emirate. In fact the first and most enduring evidence of conquest is the imposition of the conqueros' structure of government on the conquered. The British conquered all tribes in Nigeria and immediately proceeded to replace their background monsrchy with democracy. You mean that after Fulanis conquered Etsako they left the native monarchies intact? Then what sort of conquest was that?

Thrash. Tell us why the Fulanis didn't impose an Emirate anywhere in Etsako after supposedly conquering them. After that we can move on to all these. First things first.

Adjuster in Chief. Your claim is that the generality of Onitshans and Itsekiris identify with their Bini origins. You have just adjusted it now to linit it to their Kings. Thief!

Then you are a Hausafulani because the royal lineage of most of you middle belters are traceable to Hausafulanis.

grin Can you just shut up if you know nothing? Not everywhere that came under jihad in Nigeria use Emir as their titles. In some places, the traditional titles were retained, but this doesn't mean that they don't know their roots and subserviency to the caliphate.

Even the Nupes who brought the islam to Etsakos do not use Emir. They use the traditional title ETSU. The Chamba chiefdom/Emirate in Adamawa use the GANGWARI of Ganye as theirs. Many tribes in Nasarawa came under Jihad e.g your Ebira cousins in Opanda, but they do not use Emir of Opanda, they use OHIMEGE of Opanda.
The major emirate in my state (Kanam) do not use Emir, they use PANKWAL. Heck even the Fulanis in Adamawa do not use Emir, they use LAMIDO (the native fulani word).

You know the place is still an emirate or offshoot of an Emirate when u look at the culture of the kingship and royaltues. The Waziri of Auchi, the Ciroma of Auchi, Hakimis & Magajis e.t.c

grin Just see how you went about celebrating and spitting everywhere claiming that you know something with your claim of Auchi not being a pure offshoot of the Emirate just because it does not use the EMIR title. Ignorance is truly a disease.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Arrest NDLEA Officers Who Worked With Kyari’s Accomplices, IGP Tells Marwa / IPOB In Trouble As US Bank Account Gets Shut Down Over Fraud / Fight Between Legislators Is Not Only Happening In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 295
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.