Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle (5939 Views)

Zamfara Govt Robbed My Houses, Stole Cars, Hijabs, Stoves – Matawalle / Gov. Matawalle To Defect To APC Tomorrow - SA New Media, Yusuf Idris / Bandit Commander Auwalu Daudawa, 6 Others Surrender 28 Rifles To Zamfara Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by mrakeli62: 3:36am On Aug 17, 2019
Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara on Friday received a draft cheque of N282.5 million from the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) being excess money recovered from auction of the state government’s properties.

The Nigeria News Agency recalls that several state government moveable properties were auctioned by AMCON at different times under the leadership of ex-governor Abdulaziz Yari.

Malam Yusuf Idris, the Director-General on Press Affairs to the state governor, made this known in a statement on Friday.

He said that Matawalle was presented with the cheque by AMCON’s Intergovernmental Relations Officer, Mr Saad Ahmed in company of the corporation’s Head Legal Department, Mr Albert Nwanzie.

“Please find attached the following twenty-nine (29) original drafts totalling 282,525,547,38 in respect of refunds to Zamfara State Government on the settlement sum received in respect of liquidation of the debt of brightway mining and minerals Ltd to AMCON”

Receiving the draft cheques on behalf of the Zamfara Government, Matawalle said his administration would continue to revisit all auctions made on behalf of the state government with a view to recover all funds that were wrongly or illegally deducted from the state by banks, companies or AMCON.

Matawalle was quoted to have wondered over the way and manner government assets were auctioned under the previous administration over its failure to repay little debts.

He further said that the refunds made to the state by AMCON was a positive response to a letter, which he earlier sent to the corporation requesting it to refund the said amount to the state because the money realised from the sales of the state government’s assets was more than the debts.

The governor also promised to continue to pursue all the auctioned properties until all the funds were recovered.

The draft cheques were received in the presence of former Deputy Governor, Alhaji Mukhtar Anka, former Minister of Finance and Honourary adviser to the governor, Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, Principal Private Secretary to the Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Maradun and Alhaji Usman Dankalili.

https://www.akelicious.net/zamfara-govt-recovers-n282-5m-from-amcon-gov-matawalle/

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Getsaved(m): 3:46am On Aug 17, 2019
N.a. wa.
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 17, 2019
Good

Every institution in this country are in one or the other corrupt.Check my siggy
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by saheedbadmus(m): 4:58am On Aug 17, 2019
Corruption everywhere en...am sure things auctioned would cost over 90billion .. and even the auction self na dem dem go buy am o... buying good worth 10mill at the rate of 200 thousand.. Africa and corruption.. ki olorun saanu wa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Dozie32(m): 4:59am On Aug 17, 2019
Happy first semester to my fellow stakers, God will surely makes us not to fail exam(TO WIN BET) this semester. In Jesus name Amen!

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Ayoswit(f): 5:05am On Aug 17, 2019
Hmmm, no wahala undecided
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:09am On Aug 17, 2019
Nice development
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by uchimadarasan: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Dozie32(m): 5:20am On Aug 17, 2019
Abeg if I like your comment, Abeg try like mine also, make I see weda I fit manage get even if na 8likes for the first time. I love likes pass food ooo cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by chinavs9ja(m): 5:23am On Aug 17, 2019
Hmmm

I am a website designer...check my signature
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by xboyelyusuf(m): 5:50am On Aug 17, 2019
Whether you want to admit it or not, this Govt is righting the wrongs of decades of looting spree in Nigeria. AMCON debtors that thought no one can touch them are being forced to pay what they owe the nation.
An opposition state Gov receiving huge alert that he doesn't even know about... Ruling party big wigs are being probed and their stolen properties seized..
We are not there yet but we are making progress.
May Nigeria Suceed, Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by JobsandSchools: 6:06am On Aug 17, 2019
Cool
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Yamleg: 6:09am On Aug 17, 2019
Please anyone here who can help me connect one
Mrs Irabor ( mummy treasure/dawn)

She was a Teacher at GSS LUGBE ABUJA as at 2010.
Anyone here who knows her whereabouts should quote me.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by TooMuchStuff: 6:13am On Aug 17, 2019
Yari is a core Buharist. He knows Buhari too well
He knows that BuhariApC fight against corruption is for fools and media hype.
He knows that Buhari is fake and everyone is loading money left right and center while screaming PDP 16yrs of corruption upandan...!

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by helinues: 6:25am On Aug 17, 2019
Good one.
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by nairalee(m): 6:26am On Aug 17, 2019
My headache is that after all these recovery they will still say no money, salaries won't be paid and they will goan borrow money in China

Nigeria itself is a scam
Re: Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle by Bluntguy: 6:33am On Aug 17, 2019
I hope this is not the last we will hear about the money. Apply it judiciously for the betterment of the state. Remember Yari and know that power is transient.. shikena!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Al Mustapha Hand Power To IBB Via Adulsalami Abubakar After Abacha Died. / Photos Of Okezie Ikpeazu Before He Became Governor / Army Officers Who Sold Weapons To Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.