Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,966 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu (24724 Views)

Conviction:What Will Happen To Ekweramadu Foreign Properties / BREAKING: Ekweramadu Returns To Nigeria After Assault In Germany / Ekweramadu: No IPOB Member Was Arrested By German Authorities - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by SaviMedia: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Former Abia State Governor and Chief Whip of the Nigerian Senate, Dr. Orji Kalu has condemned in strong terms the attack on the former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweramadu in Germany by some members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

Ekweramadu who was invited as a speaker/special guest of honour at the 2nd Annual Igbo Cultural Festival in Nuremberg, was assaulted physically by some members of the proscribed Igbo secessionist group

Describing the action of the mob as uncivilized, unacceptable and barbaric, the former governor urged Ndigbo to respect leaders at all levels.

He noted that the only way the South East region can be prosperous is by embracing dialogue, peace and unity.

Kalu in a statement issued by his media office, urged the Embassy of Nigeria in Germany, the German government and appropriate authorities to bring the perpetrators of the ugly incident to book.

He said, "after watching a viral video of the physical attack on former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweramadu, I was not only disappointed but irritated and disturbed with the action of some members of IPOB.

" The assault on the senator is a slap on Igbo leaders regardless of age, party affiliation and religion.

" The perpetrators of the uncivilized act must face the wrath of the law.

" Senator Ekweramadu is not only one of the Igbo leaders but also a prominent Nigerian and as such should be accorded due respect by all and sundry at home and abroad.

"For the South East to move forward, the people of the region must embrace dialogue as a way of resolving pertinent issues and eschew violence.

While appealing to Ndigbo across the globe to be law-abiding and good ambassadors of Nigeria, Kalu urged Igbo groups to educate their members on the consequences of social vices.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2019/08/18/sen-kalu-frowns-at-attack-on-ekweramadu/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Vicboi1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
In as much as i don't support what happened to him but i can't stop wishing something similar happen to both orji kalu and Rochas respectively

Please don't Quote me insulting me i wish this type of treatment could happen to all of them in respective to their region or party because they have failed us

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by seuncyber(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
Na wah
Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by 12345baba(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Kalu urs is next dey there dey react like chemical first

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by JORDAN202: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
IF IT IS TRUE THAT THEY DID SUCH TO HIM, THEN THAT IS A VERY GOOD DEVELOPMENT.

IF THE IGBOS WANT THE PRESIDENCY OF NIGERIA, THEN THEY SHOULD WITHDRAW ALL IGBO LEADERS FROM HOLDING ANY FGN OFFICE, SENATE & REPS POSITION, OR ANY MDA.

WITH THE WITHDRAWAL OF THE IGBOS FROM ALL POSITIONS IN NIGERIA, WE WILL ALL BE SHAMED INTO GIVING THEM THE PRESIDENCY FOR 8YRS JUST LIKE THE YORUBAS, IJAW, NORTHERNERS HAVE HAD THEIR TURN.

THE IGBOS HAVE BEEN TOO PATIENT 50YRS AFTER THE END OF THE CIVIL WAR.

THE IGBOS CAN EVEN SHUT DOWN THE ECONOMY OF NIGERIA WITH JUST ONE-WEEK TRADERS STRIKE.

LET US ALL BE FAIR TO THE IGBOS AND STOP THE HATRED OF THEM

THE ALTERNATIVE TO SETTLING THE IGBOS THE SAME WAY OTHER MAJOR NATIONALITIES IN NIGERIA HAS BEEN SETTLED, MAY BE THE TOTAL COLLAPSE OF OUR NIGERIA.

LET US ALL DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE THEM THEIR TURN.

IPOD & MOSSOP WILL NOT SURVIVE IF THE RIGHT THING IS DONE.

ALL LEADERS OF ANY NATIONALITY THAT WENT TO ABUJA AND FORGOT THE SUFFERINGS AND PAINS OF THEIR PEOPLE, DESERVE THE EKWEREMADU TREATMENT.

I AM AN IJAW PERSON

26 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by successmatters(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
We're inviting you Orji Kalu for a "harmless" new yam festival in Germany next week.

Be kind to attend grin

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by christinme224(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Your turn will come

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by olaolulazio(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Frown ko fries ni grin grin grin grin grin

We need Biafra!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Smile with me, see reasons
Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by crownwealth: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Looter!

4 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Okuda(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
i swear this one is next

11 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Eduboy1990: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Rapmoney(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Orji Uzor Kalu is a stupid idio.t!!! I pray he gets beaten blue black when next his corrupt legs touch the soil of any western country. He should wait for another festival to surface, maybe plantain or cocoyam festival so that he would go and eat.

It is no wonder white people see blacks as monkeys because the black man behaves like a cursed fellow most times.

Same people whose collective wealth has been stolen to sponsor the extravagant lifestyles of wives and children of these cursed elders will come online to tell us how their culture forbids maltreating elders, but the same 'elders' steal your future and that of generations unborn. Animal Farm life!!!

I can't remember the last time I recited the national anthem. Africa is a dark continent, Nigeria is a third-world country!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Never been in support of any politician but what those people did was uncalled for and a national embarrassment.

1GB N500
Check my profile

1 Like

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by martineverest(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
I am not a fan of Ekweremadu...but that act was barbaric

4 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by aguiyi2: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
I will be surprised if you don't receive a worse treatment.

13 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by Czarugo007: 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Travel abroad naa,no be to dey here the condemn.

20 Likes

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by itsme01: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
grin

After 2022 by the time IBO must have finished dealing with all of their National Leaders and calling them thieves i hope they wont start crying marginalisation when other leader from other tribes vie for the number one seat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sen. Kalu Frowns At Attack On Ekweramadu by nephemmy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2019
if den born u well, enter Germany too...u dey frown, continue frowning...i'm so sure if you travel to Germany my guys will Def frown back at u in a different style..u know what I mean..

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Enenche Counters United Nations’ Claim Of 110 Farmers Killed In Borno' / Photos Of The Presidential Candidates At The Peace Signing Event in ICC Abuja / 'Cry Cry Governor’, Amaechi Blasts Wike Over 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.