Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,931 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly (2314 Views)

Adamu, Atiku Abubakar Son Screened As Commissioner Nominee In Adamawa / Seun Fakorede: Oyo PDP Daucus Calls For Nullification Of Commissioner Nominee / Aliyu Jafaru: Kaduna Assembly Rejects Commissioner Nominee Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by State001: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
Lagos State Commissioner nominee, Mr Joe Igbokwe, on Friday, declared that he was not an Igbo and should not be called one, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Igbokwe made the declaration when he appeared before the Lagos State House of Assembly for screening and confirmation.

He rather described himself as a Nigerian, insisting that he does not belong to nor patronize any ethnic group.

Igbokwe, who is also the Spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos, lampooned those he described as ethnic bigots.

He blamed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, for the “attitude of Easterners” in Lagos during the last general election.

“Lagos should take the lead and be more open to other ethnic groups by giving them political appointments,” he said.

“I’m proudly Nigerian; I don’t know about east, west, north or south. I have been in Lagos since 1985. My children were born here. It’s high time we started building this country.

“I get angry when people mention ethnicity. A young Nigerian lady was just made a minister in Britain. If I become the president of this country, nobody is going to fill form and put his state of origin. That’s the first thing I will do. It is when you take people for who they are that is when they will release their energy for the good of the country. One day, Nigerians will say, we are all Nigerians.

“The reason for the attitude of easterners in Lagos at the last election was because Peter Obi was on the ballot. If Atiku had won, he would be the vice president.

“If 70 to 75 per cent of a particular people dominate a region, they should be encouraged. If they don’t get council chairman, at least make them deputy. What Igbo people have in Lagos, they don’t have a quarter of it in their land. If you see anybody that is doing well in the South East, he must have a thriving business in Lagos”, Igbokwe added.

http://igberetvnews.com/908880/screening-im-not-igbo-commissioner-nominee-igbokwe-tells-lagos-assembly/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by successmatters(m): 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
He's right you know.

Joe Onaniyi Igbokwe is not Igbo, he's just as Rotimi Amechi is not yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by donbachi(m): 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
Of what use are u to the east?..ofe mmanu by association

5 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Afam4eva(m): 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
IPOB, Germany branch should take note of this man and give him a befitting send forth.

12 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Blessynokoro: 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hahahaja
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Ultimatezlant: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
On a lighter note, atiku has been in Dubai for months now,

I know we have many Nigerians pls ekweremadu treatment should be melted to him too o
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Guestlander: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afam4eva:
IPOB, Germany branch should take note of this man and give him a befitting send forth.

They better have their papier otherwise some of them will be in Nigeria not too long from now. When they get to Lagos they can then carry out your suggestion.

3 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Simplyleo: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Afam4eva:
[/s]
He said he is not igbo, so which send forth are you talking about?

Abi na by force to be igbo? Which kind wahala be dis?

3 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by kettykin: 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
i sometimes love this man , i wish yorobbers will take him by his words and put him incharge of lagos treasury , Ride on uncle Joe , the Lord blesse you and may your be prosperous

2 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by yarimo(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
IGBOS right now

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by daddytime(m): 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
Made a whole lot of sense with his submissions.

Well done Joe "Yorukwe".

Abeg no go Germany or SE ooo
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by lilfreezy: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ultimatezlant:

I know we have many Nigerians pls ekweremadu treatment should be melted to him too o

Igbos won't touch those that aren't theirs. Let people from their ethnic extraction do that. What do you think would happen if the beaten was given to atiku or tinubu?...

1 Like

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by State001: 1:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
daddytime:
Made a whole lot of sense with his submissions.

Well done Joe "Yorukwe".

Abeg no go Germany or SE ooo

grin cheesy grin
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by SamNaijaboy: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
He literally has Igbo starting his name and he says he’s not one? grin

That said, good for him-he’s pan-Nigerian.

State001:
Lagos State Commissioner nominee, Mr Joe Igbokwe, on Friday, declared that he was not an Igbo and should not be called one, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Igbokwe made the declaration when he appeared before the Lagos State House of Assembly for screening and confirmation.

He rather described himself as a Nigerian, insisting that he does not belong to nor patronize any ethnic group.

Igbokwe, who is also the Spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos, lampooned those he described as ethnic bigots.

He blamed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, for the “attitude of Easterners” in Lagos during the last general election.

“Lagos should take the lead and be more open to other ethnic groups by giving them political appointments,” he said.

“I’m proudly Nigerian; I don’t know about east, west, north or south. I have been in Lagos since 1985. My children were born here. It’s high time we started building this country.

“I get angry when people mention ethnicity. A young Nigerian lady was just made a minister in Britain. If I become the president of this country, nobody is going to fill form and put his state of origin. That’s the first thing I will do. It is when you take people for who they are that is when they will release their energy for the good of the country. One day, Nigerians will say, we are all Nigerians.

“The reason for the attitude of easterners in Lagos at the last election was because Peter Obi was on the ballot. If Atiku had won, he would be the vice president.

“If 70 to 75 per cent of a particular people dominate a region, they should be encouraged. If they don’t get council chairman, at least make them deputy. What Igbo people have in Lagos, they don’t have a quarter of it in their land. If you see anybody that is doing well in the South East, he must have a thriving business in Lagos”, Igbokwe added.

http://igberetvnews.com/908880/screening-im-not-igbo-commissioner-nominee-igbokwe-tells-lagos-assembly/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by EricBloodAxe: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
I thought some people from a certain tribe offered this man up for sale. What happened with the transaction?
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by michelz: 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Good one,he's pan Nigerian.
Igbos have ridiculed him at every slightest opportunity just for having a different political outlook yet you except him to recognize Igbo.
He's even more civil than someone would anticipate.
Most Igbos don't value their reasonable leaders, except the ones who support lawlessness.

2 Likes

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Biety: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2019
The headline does not in any way match the message Igbokwe was trying to pass unto lag assembly
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by ovieigho(m): 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
successmatters:
He's right you know.

Joe Onaniyi Igbokwe is not Igbo, he's just as Rotimi Amechi is not yoruba.
for your mind the name roTIMI sound like the yoruba own
What about nduTIMI, EbiTIMI ,TIMI alaibe...
Forget that rotimi own na rivers timi grin
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Biety: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
He said he's a Nigerian not Ibo,cos he doesn't know anything about ethnicity.
He's indirectly telling lagos govt to appoint more non lagos indigenes. But his subtle apeal can't work.
Yoruba should never conced more than one commisioner slot to non Yorubas in Lagos. If an Igbo man gets it in this present administration,an Edo or Hausa should get it in the incoming one.
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by ledamaster(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Complete set of leather Settee for sale @#180k.
Brand new. call for inquires.
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by OdumegwuOjukwu: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Lol;

The liar is Igbo; he's just giving in to his frustration. His fellow Igbos don't buy into his ideas. So he thinks saying I'm not Igbo makes him qualified to deep his fingers in Yorubas cookie jar.

I wish him luck; a true hustler!

By the way, I'm not Nigerian, I'm citizen of planet earth. grin grin grin
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
Aaaahhh.... See Judas and Peter all join in one person, wetin you gain by denying your tribe? You want to be a commissioner in Lagos? Tinubu house boy. I pray your son will publicly deny you as his father in social media so dat you will see how shameful it is.
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by jnoz23(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
Association is not by force
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by proudevil: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ultimatezlant:

The Hausa's won't dare do that to their leaders,the omoluabi's won't dare,the ijaws can die for their own but the east as totally fail on this one.
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by Built2last: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Just dont visit Anambra and attend event or visit Abroad.

Igbos are not smiling now
Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by oyatz(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
Don't buy the propaganda and Tribalism going on here.
He never mentioned any tribe but rather said he wish to be seen as just a Nigerian.

SamNaijaboy:
He literally has Igbo starting his name and he says he’s not one? grin

Even his name has countered his submission

Re: Screening: “i'm Not Igbo” - Commissioner Nominee, Igbokwe, Tells Lagos Assembly by shadrama(m): 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
how will i deny wr i come from because of one stupid appointment. is he saying that God was wrong by creating him an igbo man? God knows he will deny his tribe thats why he created him in the family of igbokwe.

(1) (Reply)

Soldier's Flog SARS Officers Mercilessly For Trying To Raid A Colonel's Hotel / Tension In Imo As IPOB Members Clash With Soldiers (VIDEO) / Amotekun Cadets In Search Of Fulani Terrorists In Kishi Forest in Oyo state(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.