Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? (1939 Views)

Sen Ekweremadu Was Disgrace In Germany, Beore Jail In London Video / Could This Be Why Ekweremadu And Wife Wanted To Harvest Organ? / Nigerian Comedian Recreates The Moment Ekweremadu Was Attacked In Germany (photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by eibusayo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
The main reason the former Senate deputy president was attacked, was because he was wearing a Nigeria coat of arms customized on Ibo cultural and traditional wear. That really added salt to the injury of IPOB!! That's my little common sense!!!

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by slimderek(m): 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Yesssss
Finally someone is getting the pattern.
You would recall some months ago Buhari commended him for Shirt.
Ipob no get one bit of Joy
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
They treat his fvckup just like how they have been messing everything up in this shithole.Even the mopol and sss that used to follow them like body hug were no where to be found.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by gidgiddy: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
I dont think Ike Ekweremadu will ever wear that coat of arms on an Isi Agu again.

3 Likes

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
You guys are not making sense and this is why other Nigerians will never trust you. This is a Nigerian Senator who has been deputy Senate President for over one term. He draws his earnings from Nigeria and his loyalty should be to Nigeria from the day he chose to serve her.

You are not ashamed to insinuate he should reject Nigeria and form IPOBian or Biafran because he is attending an Igbo function? Unless you are now saying everyone Igbo must be a Biafran or IPOBian then I don't get your logic which seems patently dishonest. Suffice to say the intolerance of you Igbos, that you display openly, is amazing.

How will you ever let a Nigerian Igbo President lead for Nigeria when you assault a Nigerian Senator for showing loyalty to the nation he is currently serving in an elected capacity? Is it a crime for him to be proud of Nigeria and his Igbo heritage also? To keep you hateful lot happy, must he reject Nigeria while around you only to head to Abuja later and be earning a fat salary as a Nigerian Senator? These sort of talk just prove Igbos simply go everywhere to get what they can out of Nigeria with no genuine love or fondness for other Nigerians.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by otokx(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
cucumbae:
They treat his fvckup just like how they have been messing everything up in this shithole.Even the mopol and sss that used to follow them like body hug were no where to be found.

No mopol and sss in Germany.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
gidgiddy:
I dont think Ike Ekweremadu will ever wear that coat of arms on an Isi Agu again.

You lot need to shut up as you are only digging a deeper hole for yourselves. A serving Nigerian Senator who has been Deputy Senate President must not show loyalty or love for the Country he is an elected official of? Na wa for you guys and how you miss the obvious to include what other Nigerians will take from how you think and talk.

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by gidgiddy: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

You lot need to shut up as you are only digging a deeper hole for yourselves. A serving Nigerian Senator who has been Deputy Senate President must not show loyalty or love for the Country he is an elected official of? Na wa for you guys and how you miss the obvious to include what other Nigerians will take from how you think and talk.

Those who want Biafra are long past caring what Nigerians think, they just want to get out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by naptu2: 6:43am On Aug 19, 2019
That's not the reason.

According to Nnamdi Kanu, they had planned to attack both Ekweremadu and John Nwodo (the president of Ohaneze). In fact, they particularly wanted to attack Nwodo, but he didn't show up at the event.

Nnamdi Kanu said that he has given orders to his followers to attack Igbo politicians, particularly John Nwodo and governors of the 5 eastern states, where ever they are found in the West.

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by chiedozie198100: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

how many northern or western senator haveu seen showing such solidarity as to wear coat of arm clothing?

or ekweremadu no get sense?

didnt he know he would draw the anger of ipob in germany by showing up in that dress?

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 19, 2019
chiedozie198100:

how many northern or western senator haveu seen showing such solidarity as to wear coat of arm clothing?

didnt he know he would draw the anger of ipob in germany by showing up in that dress?

So you are telling me all Igbos are now IPOB? Was it not some Igbo new Yam festival Ekweremadu was attending? Does he not have the right to assume he is dealing with Nigerian Igbos? Unless you are telling us most Igbos are IPOB or IPOB sympathisers then you have no right to say a Nigerian Senator, former deputy senate President for that matter, dressed provocatively in an attire with the emblem of his Country when he assumed he was meeting his Countrymen. i.e Nigerian Igbos and not IPOB thugs or violent Biafrans. No yawa sha. You lot are only playing yourselves with your display of hate against other Nigerians.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2019
gidgiddy:

No problem. I think other Nigerians now know they can never trust Igbos with high office again because abuse of power against others will be the result of doing that since Igbos have now made it crystal clear they hate all other Nigerians and Nigeria itself. You lot need to redouble your effort to gain Biafra as I personally feel you are finished in Nigeria.

Can't see a way back for you so I would advise you take seriously the 'Biafra or death' mantra of IPOB and Kanu. See, you don't want Nigeria but it is now getting to a situation where Nigerians will show they don't wan't you either because of your love of division, chaos and anarchy.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by chiedozie198100: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

So you are telling me all Igbos are now IPOB? Was it not some Igbo new Yam festival Ekweremadu was attending? Does he not have the right to assume he is dealing with Nigerian Igbos? Unless you are telling us most Igbos are IPOB or IPOB sympathisers then you have no right to say a Nigerian Senator, former deputy senate President for that matter, dressed provocatively in an attire with the emblem of his Country when he assumed he was meeting his Countrymen. i.e Nigerian Igbos and not IPOB thugs or violent Biafrans. No yawa sha. You lot are only playing yourselves with your display of hate against other Nigerians.

oga listen! i am 100% against what those thugs did.

but let's keep it real. we see every day, at least on nairaland the IPOB protests going on in most foreign lands. we hear the vituperations of nnamdi kanu against nigeria and igbo politicians.

and ekweremadu is a very smart man, he should have known that wearing that cloth will at least attract some boos from few people.

any igbo gathering outside nigeria has a bit of biafra/ipob colouration albeit unofficially.

if u noticed, nobody hit him per see. they were going for the clothing, n trying to remove it from him.

i totally condemn the act against him, but it serves as a lesson to not provoke negative sentiments, just because u have a legitimate interest to protect, especially when ur protection is not fully guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by overall90: 10:15am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

No problem. I think other Nigerians now know they can never trust Igbos with high office again because abuse of power against others will be the result of doing that since Igbos have now made it crystal clear they hate all other Nigerians and Nigeria itself. You lot need to redouble your effort to gain Biafra as I personally feel you are finished in Nigeria.

Can't see a way back for you so I would advise you take seriously the 'Biafra or death' mantra of IPOB and Kanu. See, you don't want Nigeria but it is now getting to a situation where Nigerians will show they don't wan't you either because of your love of division, chaos and anarchy.

why can't you just shut up .
in your warped thinking,Igbos should always cower and be grateful to Nigeria because Ekweremadu was dsp.
the man became dsp because of party politics and not because your fucking Nigeria decided so.
and how his being dsp benefitted the average igbo man on the street.

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

You just open your mouth and type Nonsense.

First of all, the igbos stand for justice and equity which is the opposite of what Nigeria represents. The coat of arms is seen as a symbol of oppression, British slavery, bloodshed and injustice. Ekweremadu removed the lionhead on the igbo attire and put that nonsense called coat of arms on our traditional attire. That is not our business. He has been wearing it for months now. But wearing it to an igbo festival is stupidity. Wearing it to an igbo festival where igbos have acknowledged that Nigeria is a failed state, our leaders have failed us, is a mockery to the igbos. Ekweremadu mocked the igbos by wearing a symbol of our oppressors to our sacred Igbo festival.

Will you yorubas clap for ooni of ife if he wore a fulani attire to your sacred yoruba festival? Or will the Fulanis clap for buhari for wearing isiagu for a fulani festival?

You say you cannot trust igbos with presidency again but you don't want to give them referendum to decide their fate. You cannot recognise that you have become an oppressor and you still open that toilet you call a mouth to talk Nonsense about the igbos for chasing their oppressor out of an igbo festival.

You're gone!

2 Likes

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 19, 2019
overall90:

why can't you just shut up .
in your warped thinking,Igbos should always cower and be grateful to Nigeria because Ekweremadu was dsp.
the man became dsp because of party politics and not because your fucking Nigeria decided so.
and how his being dsp benefitted the average igbo man on the street.

Hateful nitwit always missing the central point. What is Ekweremadu's greatest achievement in life if not becoming DSP of the biggest black nation in the world i.e Nigeria? Who is asking him or Igbos to be grateful for that? Point is that he should be allowed to show patriotism for a Nation that gave him a lot and the opportunity to make a difference whereas the mythical Biafra has done nothing for him. I am not Ekweremadu's mouth piece. I just feel strongly about the assault against his person you lot now justify as deserving because he "provoked" Biafrans and IPOBians with his choice of clothing.

The reality is that no Igbo Nigerian should be offended that a high-ranking Nigerian official of Igbo origin is nationalistic and proud of Nigeria. Did Ekweremadu think he was going to a new Yam festival to meet a violent and hardcore Biafrans/IPOBian lynch mob or did he assume he was going to felicitate with Nigerian Igbos who have availed themselves of the opportunity in the diaspora to gain transformational education, sophistication and a balanced world view?
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2019
highcollide:
You just open your mouth and type Nonsense.

First of all, the igbos stand for justice and equity which is the opposite of what Nigeria represents. The coat of arms is seen as a symbol of oppression, British slavery, bloodshed and injustice. Ekweremadu removed the lionhead on the igbo attire and put that nonsense called coat of arms on our traditional attire. That is not our business. He has been wearing it for months now. But wearing it to an igbo festival is stupidity. Wearing it to an igbo festival where igbos have acknowledged that Nigeria is a failed state, our leaders have failed us, is a mockery to the igbos. Ekweremadu mocked the igbos by wearing a symbol of our oppressors to our sacred Igbo festival.

Will you yorubas clap for ooni of ife if he wore a fulani attire to your sacred yoruba festival? Or will the Fulanis clap for buhari for wearing isiagu for a fulani festival?

You say you cannot trust igbos with presidency again but you don't want to give them referendum to decide their fate. You cannot recognise that you have become an oppressor and you still open that toilet you call a mouth to talk Nonsense about the igbos for chasing their oppressor out of an igbo festival.

You're gone!

Hogwash. All you do is confirm Igbos are hateful with majority being anti-Nigerian deep down. Otherwise why is it a big deal that a Nigerian Senator who had been deputy Senate President of Nigeria wears clothing that shows he is a patriot of the Nation he is an elected official of? Only you hateful Igbos don't get this simple and fundamental consideration.

Ekweremadu is a current Nigerian Senator yet you expect him to show more loyalty to a mythical nation (Biafra) and a proscribed group (IPOB) than to his own nation he works for and is handsomely rewarded to represent? Na wa for you Igbos sha.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

Hogwash. All you do is confirm Igbos are hateful with majority being anti-Nigerian deep down. Otherwise why is it a big deal that a Nigerian Senator who had been deputy Senate President of Nigeria wears clothing that shows he is a patriot of the Nation he is an elected official of? Only you hateful Igbos don't get this simple and fundamental consideration.

Ekweremadu is a current Nigerian Senator yet you expect him to show more loyalty to a mythical nation (Biafra) and a proscribed group (IPOB) than to his own nation he works for and is handsomely rewarded to represent? Na wa for you Igbos sha.
You're not alright upstairs. You're accuse igbos of hate. This is funny.

I'm sure you love igbos that's why you keep slaughtering them since 1950....

I'm sure you love them that's why you decided to political ostracise them.

I'm sure you love igbos that is why you invaded the military and slaughtered over 200 youths....

There is no proof that igbos hate Nigeria. We just want out of a system that represent what Nigeria stands for.

But the mass slaughter of igbos all over the country is proof that Nigeria hates Igbo.

Nigeria symbolises oppression, genocide, injustice, bloodshed and slavery. That is our stand and we are resolute. We will not change our mind about Nigeria.

Keep your presidency.

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by gidgiddy: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

Most Igbos dont care high office in Nigeria, they know it is not what is going to put food on the table or pay their children's schools fees. What Igbos care care about is justice and equity. Nigeria should be restructured or give Igbos a referendum. That's what matters, not useless political positions has not even helped those who have held it in the past.

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
highcollide:
You're not alright upstairs. You're accuse igbos of hate. This is funny.

I'm sure you love igbos that's why you keep slaughtering them since 1950....

I'm sure you love them that's why you decided to political ostracise them.

I'm sure you love igbos that is why you invaded the military and slaughtered over 200 youths....

There is no proof that igbos hate Nigeria. We just want out of a system that represent what Nigeria stands for.

But the mass slaughter of igbos all over the country is proof that Nigeria hates Igbo.

Nigeria symbolises oppression, genocide, injustice, bloodshed and slavery. That is our stand and we are resolute. We will not change our mind about Nigeria.

Keep your presidency.

"All over the Country" where exactly? You educated Igbos have always irresponsibly made these accusation that then instigate your less educated and less privileged brethren to behave like anarchists. You need to give solid examples of names and location in the SW where Igbos are being slaughtered otherwise I would ask you to localise your complaint, if indeed true and factual, to where you have problems rather than make out that the entire Nigeria is after Igbo blood. I don't like this about you people.

When you play victim you do it against everyone and are never charitable towards those who have shown charity towards you. Yorubas returned your properties to you after the war yet your SS brothers did not. Ironically it is Yorubas that Kanu and IPOB hate today and advocate violence against. You are not at all prevented from being what your potential allows you to be in the SW today yet you claim you are being hunted and killed. Guy, are you lot mentally stable considering how you are fond of telling tales very different to reality on the ground?
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

"All over the Country" where exactly? You educated Igbos have always irresponsibly made these accusation that then instigate your less educated and less privileged brethren to behave like anarchists. You need to give solid examples of names and location in the SW where Igbos are being slaughtered otherwise I would ask you to localise your complaint, if indeed true and factual, to where you have problems rather than make out that the entire Nigeria is after Igbo blood. I don't like this about you people.

When you play victim you do it against everyone and are never charitable towards those who have shown charity towards you. Yorubas returned your properties to you after the war yet your SS brothers did not. Ironically it is Yorubas that Kanu and IPOB hate today and advocate violence against. You are not at all prevented from being what your potential allows you to be in the SW today yet you claim you are being hunted and killed. Guy, are you lot mentally stable considering how you are fond of telling tales very different to reality on the ground?
People who feign ignorant just to win an argument are sick in head.

If you are going to pretend that igbos have not been massacred in Nigeria since 1950, then we're done here.

Take your heartlessness elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by oyatz(m): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2019
Yakubu Dogara, Dora Akunyili, Lai Mohammed,Femi Gbajabiamila, Ibrahim Magu and several Government officials wear the Coats of Arms of Nigeria tags.

By the way, which problems do you have with the Coats of Arms?

You have no problems with the senator getting paid by Nigeria in Nigerian currency and even becoming a Deputy Senate President but you are offended with the senator wearing Nigerian Coats of Arms?

chiedozie198100:

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by chiedozie198100: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
oyatz:
Yakubu Dogara, Dora Akunyili, Lai Mohammed,Femi Gbajabiamila, Ibrahim Magu and several Government officials wear the Coats of Arms of Nigeria.

By the way, which problems do you have with the Coats of Arms?

You have no problems with the senator getting paid by Nigeria in Nigerian currency and even becoming a Deputy Senate President but you are offended with the senator wearing Nigerian Coats of Arms?

why dont u dress like a fulani man n go pay condolence visit to those killed by fulani herdsmen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2019
chiedozie198100:

why dont u dress like a fulani man n go pay condolence visit to those killed by fulani herdsmen.
leave that man.

Ara na pu the boy.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by mrvitalis(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
candidtalk:

People hate igbos yet peter obi beat osibanjo in his ward

Say yorubas muslims hate igbo dont be shy say the truth
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by oyatz(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
Your analogy is logically defective.

1) The senator wore an Igbo attire.
2) The New Yam festival is an Igbo cultural CELEBRATION and not a mourning/funeral session.
3) The Nigerian Coat of Arms is also the Coat of Arms of the Igbos (as at the time of the event) including the assailants of the senator.

chiedozie198100:

Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

People hate igbos yet peter obi beat osibanjo in his ward

Say yorubas muslims hate igbo dont be shy say the truth
Atiku defeated Buhari in VGC Lagos

Please stop twisting facts.
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by mrvitalis(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Atiku defeated Buhari in VGC Lagos

Please stop twisting facts.
Was that the first time he was running ?
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by Iamgrey5(m): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Was that the first time he was running ?
Did Buhari always win in Lagos too?
Re: Main Reason Why Ekweremadu Was Attacked? by chiedozie198100: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2019
oyatz:
Your analogy is logically defective.

1) The senator wore an Igbo attire.
2) The New Yam festival is an Igbo cultural CELEBRATION and not a mourning/funeral session.
3) The Nigerian Coat of Arms is also the Coat of Arms of the Igbos (as at the time of the event) including the assailants of the senator.

Mr. logical, whenever u find urself abroad, n u r invited to an igbo event, wear same attire as ekeremadu. or better still wear ankara with buhari's image. afterall he is the legitimate president of nigeria n even the igbos.

(1) (Reply)

Between A Senator And A Minister Of Niger Delta / Abike Dabiri Subtly Insults Former Yourview Co-host: You're Not A Journalist. / Pastor Bosun Emmanuel Exposed APC Before They Came To Power.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.