Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,937 members, 7,810,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) (18526 Views)

Work Begins On Ota–Idiroko Roads, Ogun State (Photos) / Investors Laud Abiodun On Reconstruction Of Agbara-Lusada-Atan Road / Work Begins On Owo-Akungba Road, Ondo, Aftermath of Social Media Outburst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ask anyone in Ogun State about the Lusada-Atan roads, we are sure they won't have a good story to tell. The Lusada-Atan Road has been a nightmare to all road users in this place. Despite housing mega industries, both the Federal and State Government have left the populace to suffer the plight of these bad roads. It is disappointing that even the industries on this road are helpless and can't help to reconstruct these roads either. The former Ogun State Gov., Mr Amosun made several promises to fix the road but nothing has been done so far.

According to Punch Metro, residents, commuters and motorists plying the Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road in the Ado Odo-Ota Local Government Area and the Agbara-Igbesa Local Council Development Area of Ogun State have lamented the hardship they are facing as a result of the poor state of the road traversing the areas.

“Two Chinese companies are handling the project; one is handling the Lusada-Igbesa end and another is handling the Atan to Agbara end, which is a federal road. But we have said on several occasions that most of the roads that we are doing in Ogun State are federal roads and this is because most roads that link major cities in every state are federal roads.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-EAjOidJIAEg/XV0ei_O42SI/AAAAAAAAe3A/AqzNagkw0FY6en3LwO9_DbTskV3braqNQCLcBGAs/s1600/L3.jpg[/img]

A closer look, however, seems work has begun on the Lusada-Atan road, according to a report by one of the indigene in this area name Gbenga Oyero, according to him he wrote...

[b]On Lusada-Igbesa and Atan-Agbara roads. Ogun-Guangdong Free Trade Zone did well with the level of work done on Lusada-Igbesa road. I'm satisfied with the quality so far. Safety, commendable. Speed needs to be doubled. We need explanations about why the excavation is temporarily stopped at FTZ gate. We were told the construction would be extended to the township roads.

Palliatives on Agbara-Lusada road is commendable. At least, it reduces the usual deaths, accidents, and nightmares on the road. I had a smooth ride this Ileya.

It is time Ogun State Government connected Igbesa to Lagos from Itekun and Totowu (Camp Davies road) so as to reduce traffic and unbearable loads on the roads mostly caused by heavy trucks from hundreds of industries in the FTZ and Agbara. Not mentioning numerous socio-economic opportunities that will come with it. Igbesa to Isashi in Lagos is about 10 minutes. Igbesa to Igando in Lagos is about 20 minutes.

If this is done, the traffic (stress) on the roads will reduce heavily. The roads' lifespans increased. Expenditures on periodic maintenance reduced and the roads will be safer.[/b]

These are images from the road of the Lusada-Atan road...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-wvmedfOiyxA/XV0ei1vATdI/AAAAAAAAe24/iTQe6Vkk-QInTgke03cnjOWHsglOIPXJgCLcBGAs/s1600/L1.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-rCgJ51B-h88/XV0ei3bLZRI/AAAAAAAAe28/mUHCP-1XCJAzxdy23PyBgNSrGesmSnYVACLcBGAs/s1600/L2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-QinikG5LOcY/XV0em3wW5SI/AAAAAAAAe3E/wjMXQXeoLE8TB0vl_Bm7P82DoSUcsobHgCLcBGAs/s1600/L4.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-uT06mGazeEc/XV0enLDhe5I/AAAAAAAAe3I/qhh0cmZbLwcPOWjfjSvxO1zN42LcdwnKwCLcBGAs/s1600/L5.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/is-this-new-lusada-atan-road-as.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
Whats your take? Lusada roads need urgent and fast renovation

See more of the photos here...

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/is-this-new-lusada-atan-road-as.html
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by tillaman(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
It’s About time!!
Let’s just hope they don’t abandon it as they are famed for abandoning projects
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take? Lusada roads need urgent and fast renovation
So why haven't the roads been renovated all this while?

I still can't believe that Igbesa to Isashi in Lagos is about 10 minutes, or Igbesa to Igando in Lagos is about 20 minutes drive, if the roads are well constructed. shocked

The govt should embark on a PPP partnership to construct these roads and put a toll gate on them, to enable the private companies recoup their money, like Fashola did with Lekki-Epe expressway toll gates! undecided

Then the Ogun govt should construct well designed markets, commercial centres and massive housing estates along those roads linking up to Lagos state, and see if people would not start flocking in there to trade. There is no better way to kick start development in an area, than by opening up good roads....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by AutoReportNG: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

So why haven't the roads been renovated all this while?

I still can't believe that Igbesa to Isashi in Lagos is about 10 minutes, or Igbesa to Igando in Lagos is about 20 minutes drive, if the roads are well constructed. shocked

The govt should embark on a PPP partnership to construct these roads and put a toll gate on them, to enable the private companies recoup their money, like Fashola did with Lekki-Epe expressway toll gates! undecided

I was surprised to read that too... Maybe the companies there need to follow the approach of Dangote, Flour Mills and other companies which they used to construct the Apapa-Wharf Road, they signed a MOU for tax holiday while they construct the road using their monies, imagine wasting precious time on a 10-20mins road to Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
fokumed:
They will soon abandon it
we have lost complete trust in our government, Amosun abandoned all roads in second term
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by reveria: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
As small as Nigeria is compared to USA, Russia and China, majority of the roads are bad.

1 Like

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Sirpaul(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abiodun abeg no disappoint oooooo
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good development.
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Yusfunoble(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abeg make Ogun state fix Oke Aro - Matogun road. That area fit abort pregnant woman belle. I’ve never seen a road as bad as that area

3 Likes

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by PureFace1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2019
This Governor really need to work on Roads or else we will start breaking coconut on his head
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by starbright4real(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Sweetas2(m): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
I want to ask ni is it only in the photo wey the work on going or real life cos am feeling and seeing nothing
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2019
AutoReportNG:
I was surprised to read that too... Maybe the companies there need to follow the approach of Dangote, Flour Mills and other companies which they used to construct the Apapa-Wharf Road, they signed a MOU for tax holiday while they construct the road using their monies, imagine wasting precious time on a 10-20mins road to Lagos.
Honestly, that would be a good way to go! shocked I keep saying that successive Ogun State governments have not taken advantage of their proximity to Lagos, to jump start development in their state.

Even the Ogun waterside is just 20 minutes by boat across the waterways to Lekki area in Lagos. Why can't the Ogun govt build a great leisure resort in that area, and run a water transportation system to Lagos, using ferries and hovercraft? They can get private investors to partner with them to do this! sad

7 Likes

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by WalkerMichael(m): 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ogun state governors (present and future) have lots of work to do in that state. The poor state of roads alone are nothing to write home about. Tollgate to sango to IFO... Yuck! Those roads are HELL

7 Likes

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by VillageHead: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
Starting is not the case, but finishing.

Hope this project won't be abandoned the way the flyover in lusada was abandoned?

2 Likes

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by VillageHead: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Amen

A project in a community that hates development.

A community where some of the Nigerian, Indian, and Chinese companies came together to repair some bad roads but were withstood.
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by DeWisedon(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
ME: how many head dey for #1000 naira note?
PEOPLE: Na 2 heads.
ME: How many head dey for $100 dollar note?
PEOPLE: Na 1 head.
ME:How many head dey for Euro note?
PEOPLE: Euro no get head.

ME:Euro no get head but na him big pass, Meanwhile 50 naira note full himself with head,front and back like herdsmen.
Las las all these put head together na MAJOR S CAM.
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Femich18(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nice work. Connecting Igbesa through Itekun (Ogun State) to Isashi (Lagos State) as the thread stated is the shortest way to arrive in Lagos from Igbesa, Ogun state.

That Agbara- Atan road is a death trap despite the localization of Industries around that arena.
Kudos to the Government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Ajibade123(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good development that road has really caused a lot of business setback
see why fleet telematics is so important to your business delivery https://explicitsuccess.com/fleet-telematics/
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by wakes: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by dotedote: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
Governor Dapo Abiodun is really keeping to his words as regards the linking of the state to Lagos. Not only has he promised to link the Itele Road/Lafenwa to Ayobo Lagos, work has started. The road to Osi Roundabout in Otta (From Ambode Bridge) is experiencing for the first time ever, drainage channel. And just like someone has earlier mentioned, Igbesa needs to be linked to Isefun through the Camp Davids water. With all these connection in place, Badagry from Iyana Ipaja would be a stone's throw.

2 Likes

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by owbabs: 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
Most roads in Nigeria seem not be constructed to the highest standards.
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
Yusfunoble:
Abeg make Ogun state fix Oke Aro - Matogun road. That area fix abort pregnant woman belle. I’ve never seen a road as bad as that area

Not sure if that area will be touched in the next decade.. if every house from okearo to matogun should be levied 1k each then the communities can fix the roads themselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by alacantra: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wat abt d road linking owode to illaro, sango ota to owode

1 Like

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by penguinpikin: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
They focus on areas that don't generate a dime than facing industrial area.
Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by HEADYWORLD: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
I don't know where you get this information from, but atan to agbara road is still as worst as it is... I ply this road twice a day

3 Likes

Re: Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos) by megafaraday(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
Thank God for this. That road is a disaster. Relief is finally coming through

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Know PDP Has Caused Nigerians Some Pains – Banky W / How Kalu, Adoke Spent Yuletide In Detention / Buhari suspends NSITF MD, Somefun, 3 Directors, 8 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.