Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) (102697 Views)

Top 3 Tinubu's Ministers Who Are Best Fit For Their Portfolios? / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Bigii(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
BafanaBafana:
If i were Emeka Nwajiuba, i will humbly decline the position and remain in house of rep. Timpriye sylva as petroleum minister sounds off, i also dont like that Abubakar Malami. I bliv he has one strong God father he works for and he keeps embarassing the government. some of the positions are good. the rest we can manage
You're very intelligent. Especially in national issues. This comment made me to be more confident in myself because these were also my exact observations when going through the list.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by JuanDeDios: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
LKO:

No sir. NTA is regulated by NBC, a parastatal under the ministry of information. NCC only regulates the telecom sector like MTN etc. and the NCC is a parastatal in the ministry of communications.
Yes. I meant to say NBC.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by maasoap(m): 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
Stephendeals:
Trying to figure out how this list is full of saints and incorrupt entities as our grand fighter of kwaruption posit.

Very Few exciting appointment here hopefully they will shine the light in the darkness
[/b]

When PDP comes back to power, they can assemble their Saints. Thanks
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ZombieDestroyer: 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
JuanDeDios:

The first is the government's town crier, grave whitewasher and liar-in-chief. The second is in charge of MTN, Glo, posting of letters, radio and TV matters, etc.

Radio and TV matters are under Ministry of information, rather!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by liver123(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
It is their cup of tea let them enjoy it. But they should remember that after life comes death and after death comes judgement.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by LKO(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2019
Bimpe29:

How can you give Kaduna and Kano States two substantive portfolios each?
Please look at George Akume's portfolio and justify the necessity and function of such ministry in the context of having The Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Buhari's appointments have always been lopsided and sentimental.

Kano and Kaduna states getting two substantive ministerial appointment is a no no. Very strange.
Akume's portfolio is special duties and inter governmental affairs and not foreign affairs. This report is wrong, I checked the list on Femi Adesina facebook update.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
Really?
Although-kogi-state-is-a-multi-Ethnic-state.
She-definitely-has-a-tribe
newmoney133:

That woman is from lokoja.she is not ebira,gala nor o kun.she was said to have reported bello to buhari when he refused to pay salary.Bello threatened her not to come to Lokoja.she stays in abuja.Ramatu and Bello no dey gree oooooo
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Awoleesu(m): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wrong guys for the right jobs, right guys for the wrong jobs!

... My simple definition of Cluelessness!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Ussyberry(m): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
Naijafull19:
Keyamo...Minster of Niger Delta Affairs... grin

Minister of State
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by LKO(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Between Akume n oyeama who be what self,me I don't understand this buhari abracadabra oh!.

George Akume is minister for special duties and inter governmental affairs. Not foreign affairs, I checked it on Femi Adesina facebook update.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by glowingflame7: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2019
Is this a joke? Very tasteless. Except there's juggling later, na same same oh. Square pegs in round holes.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by marvos: 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
Gistpeeps:
President Buhari has assigned portfolios to the 43 Ministers sworn in this afternoon. See the Ministers and their portfolios below

Abia – Uchechukwu Samson Ogah: Minister of State Mines and Steel Delvelopment

Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta

Anambra – Dr Chris Ngige: Minister of Labor and Employment

Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Bauchi – Ambassador Mariam Kategu: Minsiter of State Trade and Investment

Bayelsa – Timipre Sylva: Minister of State Petroleum Resources

Benue- George Akume : Minister of Special Duties and International Affairs

Borno- Mustapha Baba Shehuri.: Minsiter of State Agriculture and Rural development

Cross River – Goddi Jeddi Agba: Minister of State Power

Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Enugu – Ogbonnaya Onu: Minister of Science and Technology

Edo – Osagie Ehanire: Minister of Health

Edo – Clement Agba: Minister of State Budget and National Planning

Ekiti- Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo: Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment

Enugu – Geoffrey Onyeama: Minister of Foreign Investment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education

Jigawa – Sulieman Adamu: Minister of Water Resources

Kaduna – Zainab Ahmed: Minister of Finance

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment

Kano – Sabo Nanono: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

Kano – Major Bashir Magashi: Minister of Defence

Katsina – Hadi Sirika: Minsiter of Aviation

Kebbi – Abubakar Malami: Attorney General and Minister of Justice

Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Kwara – Gbemisola Saraki : Minister of State Transportation

Lagos – Olorunmibe Mamora: Minister of State Health

Lagos – Babatunde Fashola: Minister of Works and Housing

Nasarawa – Mohammed Abdullahi: Minsiter fo state Science and Technology

Niger – Zubairu Dada: Minister of State Foreign Affairs

Ogun – Olamilekun Adegbite: Minister of Mines and Steel Development

Ondo – Tayo Alaosuadura: Minsiter of State Labour and Employment

Osun- Rauf Aregbesola: Minister of Interior

Oyo- Sunday Dare: Minsiter of Youths and Sports

Plateau- Paulen Talen: Minister of Women Affairs

Rivers- Rotimi Amaechi: Minsiter of Transportation

Sokoto- Maigarai Dingyadi: Minister of Police Affairs

Taraba- Saleh Mamman: Minister of Power

Yobe- Abubakar Aliyu: Minister of State Works and Housing

Zamfara- Sadiya Umar Farouk: Minister of Humanitarion Affair and National Disaster

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/ull-list-of-ministers-and-their-portfolios.html
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Kriptune: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Naijafull19:

1. The Constitution says that we have to have a representative of each and every state on the Cabinet. Minsiters of States were created to accomodate every representative. (And yes, it was subject to a court case at the Supreme court..and the Supreme Court said that that is what the Constitution says).

NB: Obasanjo and Buhari would have liked smaller cabinets but then again

2.Minister of Communications supervises things like telecoms, radio frequencies, etc. Minsitry of Information is responsible for government propaganda, and general education (in the past they used to even print health posters for example).

Thanks for the insight.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2019
...well...i guess status quo remains the same until 2023...at least when someone from another ethnic group gets to the presidency...our northern folks willl not be shouting marginalisation...because during PMB 1st term and now in the 2nd term...they have been given very juicy posts...and the north have enjoyed un-interrupted 8 years in power...
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Stephendeals: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
maasoap:

When PDP comes back to power, they can assemble their Saints. Thanks

Sorry but this is a lame response. The list here are people who are going to be incharge of all Nigerians irrespective of party affiliations.
And it was the ''Nigerian President'' who made insinuations that he will not harbor corrupt entity. But many on this list have been indicted by the corruption agencies led by this present administration. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by afesco: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
BafanaBafana:
If i were Emeka Nwajiuba, i will humbly decline the position and remain in house of rep. Timpriye sylva as petroleum minister sounds off, i also dont like that Abubakar Malami. I bliv he has one strong God father he works for and he keeps embarassing the government. some of the positions are good. the rest we can manage
U re right because I prefer a house of Rep. member to a minister of state for Education. But I think many Nigerians will criticize him if he resigns as his reason of resignation maybe seen as greed which may affect him politically.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by bluefilm: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
Next Level on commencer!!!

Ngwanu... on y va!
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Okoroawusa: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
JuanDeDios:
I meant to say NBC.
NBC is under Ministry of Info
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by afesco: 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
maestroferdi:
Corruption fighter my foot!
Timipre Silva as the Minister of State for Petroleum...
Who does that?
Our president is a comedian

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by dochenaj: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
This is beautiful. Wish them the best.

Ameachi and Gbemisola right now grin

God don butter Ameachi bread. Same ministry
Now, that is no coincidence.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Prophet777: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
I still believe Fashola, Ameachi and Akpabio will deliver in their respective ministry...

Combining three critical sectors for Fashola in the administration remains a misplaced of priority.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by oyatz(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2019
The way these politicians are just straffing Peoples' wives is alarming.

CrimeKsmart:
This is beautiful. Wish them the best.

Ameachi and Gbemisola right now grin

God don butter Ameachi bread. Same ministry
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ChristyB(f): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2019
What's the differnce between Akpabio and Keyamo's ministry?
Can someone enlighten me please?
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ruggedtimi(m): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2019
maestroferdi:

Who does that?
he has worked under the minister of petroleum during obj's tenure..He has experience in the ministry
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by benzzyno(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2019
Who come be the real minister of state Niger delta now? Godswill apkabio abi na festus keyamo? Am not understanding dis list again oo.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by symbianDON(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2019
this list goes to further buttress the fact that buhari doesn't really know what he's doing

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by emgcee: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
crownwealth:
PROFESSIONAL NOISE MAKERS!

Can anything good comes out of these set of professional looters?

NO!
Aregbesola has been enclosed in the ministry of interior no going out for him, no noise making.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ELAGAIE(m): 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
ChristianEast:
Tinubu wins again.

Interior is a very powerful position for someone positioning to be a president. I don't believe Buhari could fire Dambazzu for Rauf. Tinubu is really playing his politics well but look at the positions again, the Kaduna mafias are also strategically positioned.

Cc: Metaphysical
Police and Customs are wat make Interio ministry powerful b4, Customs has been removed long ago into Finance (headed by El-Rufa'i network member). And police is now also remove from interio and headed by El-Rufai potential ally, a sokoto man

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Back2Daura(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
maestroferdi:

Who does that?

The permanent secretaries are those who run the shows if you are a civil servant. Ministers are just there as appointees who is represents the presidency in any ministry his most important duty is to work as a team with the ministry structure being the ceremonial head and report back to the president.

Furthermore, Timipre sylva has political and technocratic experience as special advisor and personal assistant to former petroleum Minister king Edward Dakoru.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Jones4190(m): 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
[quote author=Kriptune post=81466683]Most of these ministries just look like a copy and paste

What's the difference between; Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory and Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta and Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education and Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment and Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication and Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Are there sub ministries? I'll really love to hear the explanations to these.
Educational stuff

yes we have junior and senior ministers, in the process you see minister for state know that he or she is a junior to other minister
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Randomshotzz(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ok.
But Dr Ogbonnaya Onu is not from Enugu state. He is from Ohaozara, Ebonyi state. He was the first executive governor of Abia state when Ohaozara was in Abia state.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Simongm(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:

why is it that it was an ebira he could handpick in kogi state?
well twas because of yaya's influence.
how could he when Dino lives?

The lady is from Lokoja(kakanda) Kogi west and not Ebira.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Moment Bianca Ojukwu Slapped Osodieme Obiano (Video) / The Car Where Olajide Sowore Was Shot Dead (Pictures) / 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.