Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers (41841 Views)

Aregbesola: I Begged Oyetola For Two Years Not To Tamper With My Legacies / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Icon79(m): 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2019
Actually, the reason they should put the right people in the right positions - round pegs in the round hole. You need experience to get any job except being a cabinet minister in Nigeria. Put clueless people there and you still wonder why nothing would be achieved in 4 years shocked

#Sh!tHoleCountry

O pari

fergie001:

Na IGG...we know them!

The reason they should have had portfolios some weeks ago or perhaps plug them to their specialty,maybe Aregbe for Culture!
We have been making such mistakes since 1999.

Na dem sabi...CIC mode activated....

How my Okun people jare?

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by NGpatriot: 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Except you work in a place before, your relationship with them is distant, that was his choice of words, the reporter used the eye catching heading to pull crowd.
Read through, you will find his quote in the report.
Except you are a retired or serving member of the ministry, you have no insight into the management.

The man's comment was self explanatory, but we have too many ignorant and mentally lazy people.

Amaechi was a governor and knew nothing about transportation, but he's the best and most accomplished transportation minister in the history of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by fergie001: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
realoscar84:
Okun people say make I tell you Yahaya Bello na 4+4 grin grin grin

Lai lai...God forbid grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Phred1717: 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nigeria a theatre of absurd.. clowns at the helm of affairs. God help us
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Akinwalecollins: 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
I beg start from Civil defence recruitment, they have started selling job slots oooo,
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by madridsta007(m): 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Aregbe dey work oo. Only critics blinded by hate would say aregbe no craze in terms of work. He loves taking some drastic crazy radical initiatives. The ministry should get ready for this radical Aregbe

lol.

Every "critic" is not blinded by "hate".

You have an ignorant understanding of what a democracy is. Else you should know that opposition or a "critic" is actually PART of what democracy is. And they are not "blinded by hate".

If you claim you have a democracy, then you should know that critics and criticism is part of it. Unless you want to decieve yourself or ask for the military to fully take over.
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by maisauki: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Aregbe dey work oo. Only critics blinded by hate would say aregbe no craze in terms of work. He loves taking some drastic crazy radical initiatives. The ministry should get ready for this radical Aregbe
RADICAL PRAGMATIST, you might add
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by ThatFairGuy: 1:14am On Aug 22, 2019
Ogbeni, The symbol of Good governance, you've done it before and we expect more positive changes the architect of New Osun....
Great respect my incorruptible, indefatigable, dogged role model...... Following closely since 2010
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by faksin: 1:41am On Aug 22, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
You are not alone...

Even Buhari that appointed you

Knows nothing about governance and democracy..

That's the next level grin

Clowns everywhere
tongue
KidsNEXTdoor:
You are not alone...

Even Buhari that appointed you

Knows nothing about governance and democracy..

That's the next level grin

Clowns everywhere
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by garfield1: 5:07am On Aug 22, 2019
fergie001:

Lai lai...God forbid grin grin grin
Did you forbid ikpeazu
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by maigemuu: 6:11am On Aug 22, 2019
Very soon now, aregbe go begin owe salaries
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 22, 2019
demolinka:
Aregbesola the whole of Nigeria is solidly behind you. Go and turn things around in that ministry!
Oga na only you is solidly behind him not all because we the easterners don't know who d fvck he is

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by fergie001: 6:14am On Aug 22, 2019
garfield1:

Did you forbid ikpeazu
I forbid Super-Highway and Owan Enoh grin grin
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by StOla: 6:37am On Aug 22, 2019
iswallker:

Go back and read the trash you typed...

They should have put him in the justice ministry then..

sad

The only ministry/department in any government of any country that requires an active professional, is the ministry/department of Justice.

That is because such appointed doubles as the Attorney General, who in due time would have to appear in court to argue government case.

Only fools do not understand the administrative and political nature of the role of a Minister, especially where a technocrat Permanent Secretary who is a career civil servant already exist as de facto head.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by CoolAmbience(m): 7:30am On Aug 22, 2019
myfan:
Traits of becoming a failure

Acknowledging that he has no indept knowledge of operations and policies of the ministry actually underscores how rare the leadership qualities he possesses are. There is nothing wrong with that.

Don't forget that he is an engineer and has presided over a state for 8 years, where all ministries reported to him.

Also, ministers have always been cabinet representatives who played more of supervisory or coordinating roles at the ministries. The permanent secretaries have always, technically, administered over the ministries as technocrats and SMEs.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Charmingpet: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2019
Just turn the place upside down
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Amanyanabo(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2019
StOla:

The President's choice of minister is the prerogative of the President.

Whenever your party PDP gets back to power, you can select the kind of competent men and women that ruined Nigeria for 16years.
What makes u think everyone not APC is PDP
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by cadian: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2019
successmatters:

What is important is that he's an incompetent man to make the list.

Very wrong bro.
I'm of the view he is good at work but often have much critics based on his radical steps
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Peresrichly: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2019
successmatters:

You should have asked him why he send his relatives to see a doctor when they are sick. He should have sent them to his banker to treat them.
grin
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Bella55555(f): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2019
successmatters:

When he know next to nothing? grin
he knows nothing not even next to nothing because if you say next to nothing you are promoting him

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by StOla: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2019
Amanyanabo:

What makes u think everyone not APC is PDP

I already read her pro-PDP adoration posts.
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by awuf2008: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2019
WiLdFLame:

But the same radical steps he failed to when he was governor for 8years.
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Staro: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2019
Shame
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2019
awuf2008:

But the same radical steps he failed to when he was governor for 8years.
you better shut up if you don't know what to say. You ipods and shooking mouth in wetin no concern una. aregbe was the best during his term as governor in the whole Southwest considering what he did with the little Osun had. It's like your head is paining you abi
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by eniorisha(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
Consolidated Salary aka Háfúsá ex governor! Hope he won't carry Háfúsá thing enter d ministry.

On a serious note, the real problem in Nigerian system is "that's how it's done", "that's d practice" or "that's what d rule of law say, or "He has not broken any law etc. Even if d existing practice is archaic & yielding no fruit at all.

If not d fact dt Sowore's #RevolutionNow was not well planned patiently articulated, it ought to be a cause all right-thinking Nigerians will partake in.
Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by Annie939(f): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2019
e don bee

Re: Aregbesola: I Have No Knowledge Of My Ministry - Except for newspapers by bigdaddycool018: 8:11am On Aug 23, 2019
This is a slot of retired general, head of police and para military, I don't y, there is some position in this country that don't need too much politics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Border Closure: Smugglers Devise New Methods To Beat Customs / Kwankwaso Climbs Ladder To Inspect A Flyover Project: Pic / EFCC Replies Fayose, Asks Him To Make Self Available On September 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.