Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? (1301 Views)

Did Tinubu Deployed LASTMA Officials To Adamawa For GMB Campaign (pics)? / Nigerian Arm Forces To Be Withdrawn From Borno, Yobe And Adamawa. What To Expect / Boko-Haram: More Soldiers Sent To Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Aare1(m): 12:43am On Oct 23, 2010
I am a lawyer, who has just been posted to adamawa state. Since i know nothing about the state, i am hoping fellow Nlers could advise me on the following:

1. What are the prospects of getting a job that would enhance my knowledge of the practice of law.
2.Do they get newspapers on the same day its printed ?, i heard some states in the north get their newspapers a day after we must have read it in
i guess other parts of naija.
3. What's the weather like, do i need to take any special clothing, drugs, vaccination e.t.c

4. Which bus company is the best in transport to the state and how many hrs is the journey from lagos?

5. Which airline is the best to that route and how much from lagos?

6. Will my blackberry work there ??
7. Will my Glo 3G modem work there??, or is there internet at all.
8. Will i just be wasting my professional qualifications there if i stay there or should i try to redeploy to a state where the legal practice is vibrant like
lagos.

I would apprecite candid and well outlined responses, I also hope responses will be prompt because i have to resume in camp by monday.

I also apologise for pasting this here in the politics section, but i am really deperate for advice and thus needed to post it in a section with a lot of traffic, i hope the mod will forgive my indiscretion, i am also counting on his reply, one more thing pls post it on the front page, cos i'm desperate for advice. Thanks a lot.
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Aare1(m): 1:03am On Oct 23, 2010
7 views but no comments sad sad sad sad
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by chyz(m): 1:07am On Oct 23, 2010
You may want to go on the states website im sure they have one.
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by udezue(m): 1:09am On Oct 23, 2010
What's ur ethnic nationality?
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by jidobaba(m): 1:18am On Oct 23, 2010
guy, just go and serve where you've been posted and stop pontificating. where were you when brilliant engineers/economists etc served- with secondary schools no less- in Gombe state?  grin
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Jarus(m): 1:32am On Oct 23, 2010
The thread will be moved to right section as soon as you are attended to.

TKB was there some years back.
Why will BB not work in Adamawa. It surely will. There will surely be internet too.
On newspapers, when I was in Sokoto only Daily Trust, Sun and maybe Leadership got there same day. That was 2007/2008. I guess same for Yola. For other papers, you get a day's edition the next day. Punch didn't get to Sokoto at all.
On flight, I think Arik goes there but not everyday. I remember my official trip to Yola last December was cancelled because there was nbo flight on the day I was meant to be there unfailingly.

I'm not sure you will have somewhere to do your law thing other than in Ministry of Justice or a private chamber.

Altogether, your fears are misplaced.Being posted to Adamawa is not the end of life. After all, I also served in a core North, when I had opportunity to come back to Lag, and I never spent 3 weeks at home after NYSC before getting a job on coming back to Lag,ahead of folks that served in Lagos. I also have a guy, extremely brilliant guy, now in Cambridge, that served in rural Jigawa all through, despite opportunity to run back to Lag. In fact, I encourage people to go and serve outside Lagos, in another part of the country, and have a feel of another environment.

So, whether your BB will work or not, should not deter you.

If however, you have a sure opportunity in Lag that will outlast service year, then coming back to Lag should be in order.
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by tpia5: 1:49am On Oct 23, 2010
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by IbroYaya: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2010
Haba! Dont underestimate any state. Adamawa is a nice place to be.

It is connected to any where around Nigeria by bus transport. (young shall grow, ekwos etc)
Arik air and chanchangi are IRS are flights that normally go there.

All the networks are working excellent there, so dont doubt whether ur blackberry will work.

The fastest internet connection for now is etilsat, bt its more expensive.

Job prospect is just like anywhere in Nigeria, but a alot of opportunity for business.

I bet, you will have a great stay there.
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by seanet02: 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2010
Oga beware of Boko haram guys!! i value every Nigerian Life
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Aare1(m): 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2010
udezue:

What's your ethnic nationality?

i am yoruba.

jidobaba:

guy, just go and serve where you've been posted and stop pontificating. where were you when brilliant engineers/economists etc served- with secondary schools no less- in Gombe state?  grin

Yes sir, grin.

Jarus:

The thread will be moved to right section as soon as you are attended to.

TKB was there some years back.
Why will BB not work in Adamawa. It surely will. There will surely be internet too.
On newspapers, when I was in Sokoto only Daily Trust, Sun and maybe Leadership got there same day. That was 2007/2008. I guess same for Yola. For other papers, you get a day's edition the next day. Punch didn't get to Sokoto at all.
On flight, I think Arik goes there but not everyday. I remember my official trip to Yola last December was cancelled because there was nbo flight on the day I was meant to be there unfailingly.

I'm not sure you will have somewhere to do your law thing other than in Ministry of Justice or a private chamber.

Altogether, your fears are misplaced.Being posted to Adamawa is not the end of life. After all, I also served in a core North, when I had opportunity to come back to Lag, and I never spent 3 weeks at home after NYSC before getting a job on coming back to Lag,ahead of folks that served in Lagos. I also have a guy, extremely brilliant guy, now in Cambridge, that served in rural Jigawa all through, despite opportunity to run back to Lag. In fact, I encourage people to go and serve outside Lagos, in another part of the country, and have a feel of another environment.

So, whether your BB will work or not, should not deter you.

If however, you have a sure opportunity in Lag that will outlast service year, then coming back to Lag should be in order.

Thanks for the advice, i am not exactly despondent about my posting, i actually had an opportunity to influence it to the fct some months back but i declined. I was actually hoping on getting first hand info from someone who is, or had recently served in the state so that clear all the uncertainties that i have afterall i am but a humanbeing.
I am already looking forward to enjoying myself. And thanks alot for keeping the thread here.

tpia@:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamawa_State

thanks, t'was quite helpful

Ibro Yaya:

Haba! Dont underestimate any state. Adamawa is a nice place to be.

It is connected to any where around Nigeria by bus transport. (young shall grow, ekwos etc)
Arik air and chanchangi are IRS are flights that normally go there.

All the networks are working excellent there, so dont doubt whether your blackberry will work.

The fastest internet connection for now is etilsat, bt its more expensive.

Job prospect is just like anywhere in Nigeria, but a alot of opportunity for business.

I bet, you will have a great stay there.

Thanks, i needed to be sure that i would still have access to nairaland, facebook and twitter. cheesy cheesy cheesy

seanet02:

Oga beware of Boko haram guys!! i value every Nigerian Life

i go shine my eye well well and I got God watching out for me so i am positive that i'll be fine.
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2010
Adamawa is not bad at all. . .i mean not really volatile compared to bauchi and other core northern states anyways I wish you best of luck.Atleast maybe you fit help me with one pretty fulani girl.lol
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by fyneguy: 7:11am On Oct 24, 2010
^^^^ grin^

He can bluetooth one to you
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Evagreenfields: 12:49am On Mar 06, 2011
@aare, so wat has it been like there?i just got posted there.plx share ur experience so far
Re: Been Posted To Adamawa: What Do I Do ? by Evagreenfields: 12:49am On Mar 06, 2011
@aare, so wat has it been like there?i just got posted there.plx share ur experience so far

(1) (Reply)

My Convenant With The Good People Of Kwara State - Sab / We Have Not Banned ‘okada’ – Lagos State Government / Boko Haram: A CIA Covert Operation In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.