Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) (98623 Views)

List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by harmonyglobal: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
That no 3 suv bad gangan. ...I mean it's a he'll of a car..... pathfinder 2005. I still use it n u can ask me how much I spent on it every month... nobody even willing to buy..
Bad market

2 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by IgANephropathy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Living testimony on Nissan Murano. If you dont want to die a pauper, just stay away. Every week, i am always visiting the mechanic like a Sickle cell patient's visit to the hospital.

Had to sell it at bicycle price.....crazy car, crazy parts.

12 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by fokusmind: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2019
The guy is correct on Murano. Avoid it like a plague. Nice body design but when the problem starts, na season film. E no dey end.
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
IgANephropathy:
Living testimony on Nissan Murano. If you dont want to die a pauper, just stay away. Every week, i am always visiting the mechanic like a Sickle cell patient's visit to the hospital.

Had to sell it at bicycle price.....crazy car, crazy parts.

Your problems mere not only based on Murano but the country and its roads, the grade of replacement parts and mechanics.

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by queenfav(f): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
fokusmind:
The guy is correct on Murano. Avoid it like a plague. Nice body design but when the problem starts, na season film. E no dey end.
lol @ season film. That's why I asked very well about cars before getting a camry from Oga. Cos I know myself, only to buy fuel sef, body dey pepper me. I can't use a car that will be taking me to mechanic weekly.
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by IgANephropathy(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
mu2sa2:
Unfortunately most naija people hardly do any research before buying used cars. A person would just tell a car dealer to get him a "neat, grade 1 tokumbo direct", without bothering to do even simple Vin check on the car. Even on YouTube you will see car gurus like scotty Kilmer giving useful car tips, but naija people wont give a damn. I know a man who bought Nissan Murano jeep and never enjoyed that car at all. I dont know the millions he wasted on the damn thing, but he wouldn't have bought it in the first place if he had done a little research. From the agony the man went through, I almost concluded that Nissan Murano must be among the worst cars ever made. Later I got to know that the issue with nissan murano had to do with the problematic CVT transmission. Infact because of the issue with the transmission nissan discontinued murano model, but people were ignorantly buying its tokumbo here as graded.
I am on this table too. I can say i never enjoyed that car past the first 3-4 months. The peak was when i had to change the gear box. I was told 980K....hmmmm. Lets say i have learnt the hard way

2 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by yesloaded: 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
backnbeta:
My Toyota is fantastic wink
Ma Toyota est fantastique grin
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
kiss

Thank God my benz no dey list..

Make i dey flex my plastic interior dey go...

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by LydayBobo(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
I totally agree with KIA 2015. I bought it new from Dana motors. I removed the nylon drove it for a month and has been showing ABS light. They can't even fix it without getting supplies from yonder and the local can't do NADA. Shock absorbers issues and no dey see for except you put on full light
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by IgANephropathy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
Dedetwo:

Your problems mere not only based on Murano but the country and its roads, the grade of replacement parts and mechanics.
My brother, it didnt feel that way then oooo. It felt like my village people suddenly remembered me. Lol

5 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by onatisi(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
it seems this is a naija issue especially with the sonata , i have seen many ppl using it here and noone is complaining about it
idonhammer:
Guys avoid sonata Hyundai...That car is bad news. Just fine for nothing.
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by queenfav(f): 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2019
LydayBobo:
I totally agree with KIA 2015. I bought it new from Dana motors. I removed the nylon drove it for a month and has been showing ABS light. They can't even fix it without getting supplies from yonder and the local can't do NADA. Shock absorbers issues and no dey see for except you put on full light
wow! Issa lie, tear rubber o. Thank God I listened to advice not to go for Kia.
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by chronique(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
List compiled by a fool and automatically believed by idiots. Virtually almost everything he wrote there was exaggerated. I just changed the balloons on my Mercedes-Benz gl450 and it cost roughly around 150k. Original cost was 100k but one balloon got spoilt while fixing it. I've changed balloons on landrover lr3,range rover sport and Vogue and they cost nothing close to the figures typed above.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by Coolgent(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
I stopped reading at no:13 cos the Op must be either Kazeem or high on sort of weeds.

6 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by onatisi(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
many people are giving good testimony about volvo nowadays , maybe you should look towards that area or vw jetta, the issue is once the technician handling the car is well qualified and the right spare parts are been used and maintenance tips followed , most cars are good
chudez0147:
Which car kon remain since you listed almost all the cars? Na to buy truck be that O!!

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by MrBONE2(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
ikdaddy01:
True true...that Volkswagen passat is machine on land. We had one in family. Very sharp and smooth ride. Still miss de ride. When the wahalla started it was drinking money like pump water. Last last it was dashed out to another family member to carry the cross.

grin

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by ipledge6: 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
I have Volkswagen CC. Nothing is wrong with the car. I don’t know what is he is saying about consuming oil. 3 gallon(10L) will take you 200miles(320km). That car is a beast, one cheapest fast car. The 2010 model can go up to 96kmh in 6.9seconds

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by franchasng: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
Wow very insightful, though I don't fancy any of the cars listed. I love Lexus, Honda Accord, Toyota Land cruiser, Lexus and 4Runner for SUV

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by orunmila144: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
captainking:
what else do you have...which games do you have with ur ps4..cd plates i mean
lol I dont do video games. never being my thing.
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by ipledge6: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
ikdaddy01:
True true...that Volkswagen passat is machine on land. We had one in family. Very sharp and smooth ride. Still miss de ride. When the wahalla started it was drinking money like pump water. Last last it was dashed out to another family member to carry the cross.
Thats the car I use, I always firm actor on highway and red light because I know u can’t beat me. The turbo charge is crazy.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by cmecproblem(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
Lol no shame, copy and paste from Twitter

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by ebuka440: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
I love this post
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by hysteriabox(m): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
This thread is so funny...
This is what happened while I read it...
I held my breath as I went down, with the hopes that my car brand isn't somewhere on the list... While I did, the hilarious way you put it ehn, made me want to seriously laff.. Then I remember that "no laff o, ur car brand fit dey among"... Then I go back to catching my breath.
As my Infiniti Qx4 no dey... I think I finally can laff out loud at the hilarious way you put it grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2019
Thank God my car no dey there

Lexus es 330 grin

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by daddytime(m): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
One of the most educative threads.... well-done AutoJoshNG an the original op

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
I know nothing about the list but I know murano and Nissan quest is a death trap. Save that money instead of buying that two cars.
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by maasoap(m): 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mentorkaryhm:
But most of these cars are regular cars, maybe our mechanics need upgradings.

Factory defects that have to do with the designs and manufacturing. There is little to nothing auto technicians can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
ornicus:
If you cannot write a coherent article with actual citations, then do not write this nonsense. Most of the companies listed here can sue you for defamation. You must think very carefully before you put out some articles.

But that Chrysler Cruiser na useless car sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
In Addition, Anything HONDA Na Problem... The Hand La Calamity
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
Seems Apart from sonata

Toyota is safe
Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by ideke007: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hahaha. U got it wrong on Nissan murano, it is a sweet ride. I have been driving the 08 model for years now and no complaints. Just do the necessary servicing at the appropriate time and u are good to go

1 Like

Re: List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) by friendl: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
I am not surprise about Nissan murano ,LR 3 ,the passats

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.