Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery (1725 Views)

‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions / President Tinubu Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos) / Pictures Of Ademola Adeleke As He Assumes Office As Osun Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by Opinedecandid(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2019
Senator Godswill Akpabio, the Hon. Minister of Nigerian Delta Affairs had assumes office and promises to deliver 'uncommonly'.

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by yarimo(m): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
No time to waste, APKABIO tiger of Niger delta well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
Only IPOB vagabonds hate this uncommon achiever!

May God Punish Nnamdi Cownu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by oluwadabira111(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
Though the man is corrupt,but i love is work in akwa ibom state.honourable minister carry on jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by Indiaindia: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2019
oluwadabira111:
Though the man is corrupt,but i love is work in akwa ibom state.honourable minister carry on jare.
how is he corrupt! bros mind ur business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by oluwadabira111(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2019
Indiaindia:

how is he corrupt! bros mind ur business
so the EFFC that indict him of over 100billion corruption are lying abi.
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by deji68: 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2019
I like the guy , he will do a great job...but he is corrupt sha, like all of them
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by obailala(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
deji68:
I like the guy , he will do a great job...but he is corrupt sha, like all of them
Akpabio was able to do some beautiful things in Akwa Ibom because of the sheer size of money that state had. Akwa Ibom can easily be said to be the richest state by far in Nigeria and when you consider the massive allocation the state gets vs what Akpabio actually did, you will realise he was that wonderful.

Meanwhile, the allocation of the ND ministry is nothing to write home about (less than 10%) compared to the funds which were at his disposal as governor. To compound matters, Niger delta covers 9 states. It would be interesting to see what he can do with little or no funds to play with.
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by deji68: 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Well. all the states in the the Niger Delta have their own allocation. i dont think he is going to administer all these states. There are lot of uncompleted project in the Niger Delta abandoned by this same ministy. like u said let wait an see how he goes about the JOb. Big allocation no mean nothing ooo there are some state that cannot account for their big allocation or revenue , Delta, even Lagos smiley
obailala:
Akpabio was able to do some beautiful things in Akwa Ibom because of the sheer size of money that state had. Akwa Ibom can easily be said to be the richest state by far in Nigeria and when you consider the massive allocation the state gets vs what Akpabio actually did, you will realise he was that wonderful.

Meanwhile, the allocation of the ND ministry is nothing to write home about (less than 10%) compared to the funds which were at his disposal as governor. To compound matters, Niger delta covers 9 states. It would be interesting to see what he can do with little or no funds to play with.
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by EnEnPeecee: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

but when he was in the PDP you called him a looter. Am ashamed of who is not ashamed of you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by grandstar(m): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2019
obailala:

What will Festus Keyamo do when Akpabio begins to dish out highly inflated contracts?
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by obailala(m): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2019
grandstar:

What will Festus Keyamo do when Akpabio begins to dish out highly inflated contracts?
Huh!? How is this question related to my post?

Anyway, Festus has no portfolio, he's only been granted the privilege of beairing the title 'honorable minister'.
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by obailala(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2019
deji68:

Well. all the states in the the Niger Delta have their own allocation. i dont think he is going to administer all these states. There are lot of uncompleted project in the Niger Delta abandoned by this same ministy. like u said let wait an see how he goes about the JOb. Big allocation no mean nothing ooo there are some state that cannot account for their big allocation or revenue , Delta, even Lagos smiley
Niger Delta states all have allocations but that's not the point here, the point is that as the ND minister, Akpabio with a budget less than 10% of what he played with as governor, will now be saddled with the responsibility of distributing projects across 9 states, as opposed to just one.

I agree with you on states like Delta, Bayelsa and even Lagos; Lagos might claim to have a large urban space and population, but I still think that excuse doesnt sell when one considers the massive revenue.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by BBBmall25: 9:51am On Aug 23, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Nkeneukwenu These Guys Are Self Deluded. So, In My Humble Opinion; The Best We Could Offer Them Is To Deny Them The Attention They So Crave... Yes, That's How We Treat Them As Cross Riverians
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by deji68: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2019
I got your point, what i meant was that the ND budget is only to augment the state effort .There other FG intervention projects in ND,Like amnesty, various project sponsored by ministries e,g Works, housing, Health, even constituency projects, In light of this and i think the Budget is enough if managed properly. Like i said there various uncompleted projects embarked upon by ND ministry , if Akpabio can complete some them in the next 3,5 years for me that is a job well done
obailala:
Niger Delta states all have allocations but that's not the point here, the point is that as the ND minister, Akpabio with a budget less than 10% of what he played with as governor, will now be saddled with the responsibility of distributing projects across 9 states, as opposed to just one.

I agree with you on states like Delta, Bayelsa and even Lagos; Lagos might claim to have a large urban space and population, but I still think that excuse doesnt sell when one considers the massive revenue.

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by ifiokjohn(m): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
Opinedecandid:
Senator Godswill Akpabio, the Hon. Minister of Nigerian Delta Affairs had assumes office and promises to deliver 'uncommonly'.
hey Bro. I see you are from Akwa Ibom.
pls I want to know about the Performance of Udom in Akwa Ibom..is he doing well?

I'm an Akwa ibomite to but base in abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by Opinedecandid(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2019
ifiokjohn:
hey Bro. I see you are from Akwa Ibom.
pls I want to know about the Performance of Udom in Akwa Ibom..is he doing well?

I'm an Akwa ibomite to but base in abuja

He is trying, though.
Re: Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio assumes office promises 'uncommon delivery by ifiokjohn(m): 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
Opinedecandid:

He is trying, though.
OK...but how abt the Ibom Seaport, the science park, the International hospital, The stadium in eket and the Tropicana entertainment ce ntre

(1) (Reply)

State IGR Ranking / Reno Omokri Apologises As He Gets Schooled By Toyin Saraki In Epic Thread / Edo2020: Mass Defection Looms In Obaseki's Camp As SSA Tenders Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.