Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting (27675 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / Yorubas Won’t Mind Muslim - Muslim Ticket - Bola Tinubu Told Northern Elders / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by 247Trend: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday met with Northern Traditional rulers in Aso-Rock.

The meeting was behind closed doors but details of the President’s discussion with the Monarchs have emerged. POLITICS NIGERIA has a transcript of the President’s speech at the meeting, Read below;

“I warmly welcome Your Highnesses to State House. I thank you for sparing time to be at this important gathering to discuss issues of national importance, especially the security of our nation.”

“I have decided to meet with Your Highnesses to assure you that government is determined to tackle and deal decisively with all security challenges facing us as a nation. This consultation, therefore, is to engage you, our Royal fathers so that, collectively, we can arrive at solutions to any and all security problems in the country.”

“We must all do our part to finally address these security challenges, particularly traditional rulers, in your respective communities, where you feel the pulse of the people, being the closest to the populace at the grassroots level.”

“Let me on this note commend your Royal Highnesses for your concern and contributions through numerous messages to me. We welcome every such expression of concern in our overall efforts to address any challenges. We are determined to step up action against crimes of kidnapping, banditry and other forms of unlawful and criminal attacks resulting in needless deaths plunging our people to untold hardship.”

“This administration will continue to do everything necessary that will improve the living standard of our people. It is one of the top priorities for this government but we won’t be able to achieve this goal without the support and input of yourselves, our royal fathers.You are the traditional authorities in your communities. Government and the security agencies will be relying on you to monitor the several different communities and people coming in and out of your areas.”

“As Traditional Rulers, I enjoin you to use your institutions to promote peace and tolerance as well as encourage youth in your respective communities to identify with government policies and programmes that will improve their living standards and development of their communities. These policies and programmes include a robust revamping of police intelligence gathering capacity and the significant boosting of the numbers of security personnel in our local communities. This in specific terms will include recruiting more police officers and doing so whenever possible from their local government areas, where they would then be stationed in the best traditions of policing worldwide.”

“Working with the State governments also, we intend to improve the equipping of the police force with advanced technology and equipment that can facilitate their work. To drive this, I recently created a full-fledged Ministry of Police Affairs. As I said during my meeting with the Traditional Rulers from the South-West, directives have been issued to the appropriate federal authorities to speedily approve licensing for States requesting the use of drones to monitor forests and other criminal hideouts.”

“We also intend to install CCTVs on highways and other strategic locations so that activities in some of those hidden places can be exposed, more effectively monitored and open to actionable intervention. We also continue to bring in our military when needed to complement the work of the police including possible deployment of troops on certain highways on a temporary basis, and the use of the Air Force assets to bomb hideouts where criminals are located.”

“Your Royal Highnesses, this Administration is determined to enforce the law, prosecute lawbreakers and secure an atmosphere of peace for all Nigerians wherever they live and also protect our communities from all forms of crimes. This is both in our interests as an administration and the interests of all Nigerians.”

https://www.042hits.com/what-buhari-told-northern-traditional-rulers-in-closed-door-meeting/

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by TUANKU(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2019
These cowards don't have the guts to tell this incompetent Buhari the truth in the face, that he has failed as far as security is concerned. Traditional rulers these days are more concerned about their own commonwealth.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by Richdad50(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
shocked

The intents of this government far outweighs their possibility. They are never tired of intention and plans but low energy on achieving.

Richdad

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by smogup: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
“We also intend to install CCTVs on highways and other strategic locations so that activities in some of those hidden places can be exposed, more effectively monitored and open to actionable intervention.

Buhari is all talk and no action. By the way, he has been making so much noise about this CCTV since last week without implementing it. Let's see how it will address insecurity in Nigeria or it will just be another avenue to loot at the end it will be abandoned.

I'm very sure this speech was well written for him, If not, if you know you know.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by JimohMomoh: 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
No mention of population explosion, illetracy, religous extremism, almàjiri, border security and women empowerment in the North? then this is just a jamboree and photoshoot exercise.

Prevention they say is better than cure. The root cause of the problem should first of all be tackled.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by kudos4god(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
First to comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by OVAFYNBOY(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
Traditional rulers that are after money

Next

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by vRendoh(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
TUANKU:
These cowards don't have the guts to tell this incompetent Buhari the truth in the face, that he has failed as far as security is concerned. Traditional rulers these days are more concerned about their own commonwealth.

Hmm! cowards?
Guy no be so na! Let's be godly with some of the words. Things are not as expected but we succeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by LewinskyMon: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The intents of this government far outweighs their possibility. They are never tired of intention and plans but low energy on achieving.

Richdad
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by money121(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by selemempe: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
vRendoh:

Hmm! cowards?
Guy no be so na! Let's be godly with some of the words. Things are not as expected but we succeed.
ur emirs are fat cowards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by Charly68: 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
Honestly you are on the right track and God will complement your effort in Jesus name . We have been asking why the States weren't permitted to get drones to monitor their environments . It will go a long way in information gathering and arresting of the criminal elements in their safe covens .God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by kvin33: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Abeg, tell Oga make dem install electricity for highway first before e go join CCTV carry come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by Amah70: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Who is interested in what PMB told them?

Northern Nigeria can't stop imminent disintegration of this fraud - Nigeria.

Northern Nigeria's military dictators, especially, Babangida and Abacha, created too many states in northern Nigeria to assign leadership of Nigeria to the self-acclaimed least educated group - northern Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by donprinyo(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
De real problems of Northerners. Just wish de celebrate New yam festival too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
smogup:

Buhari is all talk and no action. By the way, he has been making so much noise about this CCTV since last week without implementing it. Let's see how it will address insecurity in Nigeria or it will just be another avenue to loot at the end it will be abandoned.

I'm very sure this speech was well written for him, If not, if you know you know.

How Many have you arrested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nigerian youths are lazy.

Dis he forgot ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by adecz: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
angry angry

Talking without action na this
man second name......

He seems to believe that talking
is equivalent to doing...

And his yes men are their to keep
clapping..

His guardian angel is also there to
feed him sweet lies..

sad sad sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by follock007(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
24 monarchs, 1 formal cbn governor (also among the monarchy class) and 1 oga (cap)

Buhari don made o shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
I do not believe in such close door meetings with just one region of the country especially when the issue involves the security of the whole country. I won't be surprised if some of these so called "Royal Fathers" are probably the sponsors of the mayhem that are being unleashed on the citizens. I hope he holds a meeting with the Royal fathers from the south as well if he trully wants to address the rising insecurity that has bedeviled the country since he took office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by wink2015(m): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
247Trend:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday met with Northern Traditional rulers in Aso-Rock.

The meeting was behind closed doors but details of the President’s discussion with the Monarchs have emerged. POLITICS NIGERIA has a transcript of the President’s speech at the meeting, Read below;

“I warmly welcome Your Highnesses to State House. I thank you for sparing time to be at this important gathering to discuss issues of national importance, especially the security of our nation.”

“I have decided to meet with Your Highnesses to assure you that government is determined to tackle and deal decisively with all security challenges facing us as a nation. This consultation, therefore, is to engage you, our Royal fathers so that, collectively, we can arrive at solutions to any and all security problems in the country.”

“We must all do our part to finally address these security challenges, particularly traditional rulers, in your respective communities, where you feel the pulse of the people, being the closest to the populace at the grassroots level.”

“Let me on this note commend your Royal Highnesses for your concern and contributions through numerous messages to me. We welcome every such expression of concern in our overall efforts to address any challenges. We are determined to step up action against crimes of kidnapping, banditry and other forms of unlawful and criminal attacks resulting in needless deaths plunging our people to untold hardship.”

“This administration will continue to do everything necessary that will improve the living standard of our people. It is one of the top priorities for this government but we won’t be able to achieve this goal without the support and input of yourselves, our royal fathers.You are the traditional authorities in your communities. Government and the security agencies will be relying on you to monitor the several different communities and people coming in and out of your areas.”

“As Traditional Rulers, I enjoin you to use your institutions to promote peace and tolerance as well as encourage youth in your respective communities to identify with government policies and programmes that will improve their living standards and development of their communities. These policies and programmes include a robust revamping of police intelligence gathering capacity and the significant boosting of the numbers of security personnel in our local communities. This in specific terms will include recruiting more police officers and doing so whenever possible from their local government areas, where they would then be stationed in the best traditions of policing worldwide.”

“Working with the State governments also, we intend to improve the equipping of the police force with advanced technology and equipment that can facilitate their work. To drive this, I recently created a full-fledged Ministry of Police Affairs. As I said during my meeting with the Traditional Rulers from the South-West, directives have been issued to the appropriate federal authorities to speedily approve licensing for States requesting the use of drones to monitor forests and other criminal hideouts.”

“We also intend to install CCTVs on highways and other strategic locations so that activities in some of those hidden places can be exposed, more effectively monitored and open to actionable intervention. We also continue to bring in our military when needed to complement the work of the police including possible deployment of troops on certain highways on a temporary basis, and the use of the Air Force assets to bomb hideouts where criminals are located.”

“Your Royal Highnesses, this Administration is determined to enforce the law, prosecute lawbreakers and secure an atmosphere of peace for all Nigerians wherever they live and also protect our communities from all forms of crimes. This is both in our interests as an administration and the interests of all Nigerians.”

https://www.042hits.com/what-buhari-told-northern-traditional-rulers-in-closed-door-meeting/

They should be told to brace up to restructuring.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by picoba(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2019

.... To install CCTV on our highway! Chineke
Intelligent government.
But there is no one within towns and villages.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by OzziOhinoyi(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Buhari is the king of corruption and insecurity

Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
picoba:

.... To install CCTV on our highway! Chineke
Intelligent government.
But there is no one within towns and villages.

Buhari is what you get when you cross a huge cow with a skinny brain man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by inyenejo(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
The gathering of terrorists
Tufiakwa! Abasi aben feb ke enying Obong Jesus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by Ashblessing: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
Great encourage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by somehow: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
smogup:

Just listen to yourself.

intention was made last week, ministers sworn in this week, yet you want it implemented already. na guguru and epa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by elotajohn1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by paix(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
smogup:

Since they don't have anybody to blame this time, they now resorted to making promises, and the CCTV is their new JOKER for the next level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Told Northern Traditional Rulers In Closed Door Meeting by InvertedHammer: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
smogup:

/
Talk and no action? He is reading a speech prepared and handed to him. That's all.

/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Saraki And Tinubu Spotted Talking,laughing At NASS Presidential Dinner (photos) / Governor Uzodimma Sacks 20 Commissioners, Dissolves Imo State Executive Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.