Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:51 PM

Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries (40774 Views)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / 85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by bashydemy(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2010
Make una free this man jare abi na masturbating una want make him dey do? Happy married life jare baba
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 7:49am On Oct 25, 2010
Must kumuyi get married? No. Can he? Yes. He lives by scriptures, not by popular demand.
Romans 7v2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
He is scripturally free to marry once the wife is dead. And as the above verse says, the wife is free to marry once the husband is dead.
Children of God are not nollyhollywood stars living to the gallery. This people are men of God. Men, humans. And as long as he is a man, there is that therefore in him that makes a man leave His father and mother and cleave to his wife. It's actually doctrine of devils and seducing spirits that forbid to marry according to Timothy.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by polirocy: 7:52am On Oct 25, 2010
when i heard that pastor kumuyi remarries,it was incredible not that what he did was wrong infact i love his sincerity but i would not have expected that baba base on his high standard and lifestyle wud have time 4 such.well, i congratulate him.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Papyamanda(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2010
people,end time is near,jst barely 18 mnths he lost his wife,is it dat he is a sex freak?gosh! D same pastor tels his memba 2 du away wit their tv.how abt ur pc and internet?nd makin his congregration go around in filthy rags.am so sure he wil b disagreein wit pep attending pastor xris embassy

1 Like

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by slap1(m): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2010
S€x may not be his main reason for getting married but I think he owes us no apologies. If he gets caught in a scandal, we would ask: Why didn't he get re-marry?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2010
Marriage is not all about knowing(as the Bible puts it). Someone is talking about pastor mrs reverend, people just talk to use up kilobytes. Even the man in question or his late wife are not addressed that way. They say someone married 18months, they complained, they say another married 4years, they complained, his wife gave birth, they complained. Even if he died, they'll still complain.
If the story is true, i say to pastor kumuyi happy and fruitful married life pastor sir. Let them say
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by dipotech: 9:07am On Oct 25, 2010
Congrats
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by jerryuzo(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2010
this good he has done it in the way god planned it not the way other pastors did their own.wish him happy him happy marriage life.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by amolefemi(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2010
at least better than cutting corners, !
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by violent(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2010
His wife has been dead for 18 months, must he mourn her forever?

common peeps, what kind of satisfaction do you get if a man continues to mourn his wife for 2 years or more?. . .the dude has simply moved on with his life, accept it or go hang!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by kcvirus(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2010
that was quite surprising! Congrats any way.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by kemisuga(f): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2010
decided to STAY MUTE to this issue. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by ud4u: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2010
Is companionship, even my father in-law at the age of 85 is still looking for companionship, we are even delaying him.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by miqos02(m): 10:48am On Oct 25, 2010
am happy for him for refusing to starve in silence
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by DeepSoul(f): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2010
My first reaction to this was "ehnnnnn??"

But then, there is nothig morally wrong with what he did.

I think people are reacting negatively because we had seen him as one of the few "righteous" MOGs left. . .
Personally, I think it was an unnecessary step. Even ordinary heartbreak from girlfriend/boyfriend sometimes takes longer than 18months to get over not to talk of death of a spouse. That's just my opinion shaaaa.

And by the way, for someone who was so conservative that he thought TVs were from the devil, his wedding in the UK sure is a huge contrast. Abeg I want to see Esther's wedding gown sef. And we need to inspect her face for traces of Mary Kay and MAC.

Regardless of my opinion, congratulobia to them sha!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Oct 25, 2010
If Rev. Mrs Idahosa had remarried 18 Months after the death of her husband, what would you all be saying?!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by jiniux(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2010
I will like "nairalanders" to take a cue from the responses this thread has generated, that, human being are insatiable, and most are confuse, not knowing what they want, and so in your effort to live to please them will inevitably bring u sorrow, untold pains, depression and closer to an early grave.

imagine some said Pst. kumuyi ONLY mourned his late wife for EIGHTEEN MONTHS.

Pastor kumuyi, congrat and may God bless your new home in Jesus name(amen).
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by mygladness: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2010
Matters of the heart are sacred and peculiar to individuals regardless of your callings - be it Man of God or whatever.
That Pastor Kumuyi got married 18 months after the death of his wife only shows his personality as it relates to the "matter of the heart", it does not necessarily means it is wrong for him to do so.  

And come to think of it, talk is cheap. Many of us condemning the man have no idea of what we are capable of doing when confronted with a similar situation as his; and that someone waits for 4 years and another two years or decided to remain unmarried, is an individual's decision that should be respected with no apology to anyone.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Bukittes(f): 11:06am On Oct 25, 2010
I saw this and I was like "WTF"! I went in to confront my deeper life colleague and he said Baba is getting married cos he needs someone to take care of him. I was jsut wondering and I can bet that this Esther lady will be one that was serving mama b4 she dies. Its just a good replacement for mama. I just hope he still remember where to slot it! The man is old ke!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Okijajuju1(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2010
[size=14pt]MRS IDAHOSA!!! If she had remarried 18months after the death of her husband, what would have been your reaction?! [/size]
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 11:21am On Oct 25, 2010
Okija_juju:

[size=14pt]MRS IDAHOSA!!! If she had remarried 18months after the death of her husband, what would have been your reaction?! [/size]
My reaction would be 'happy married life'.
And the man is not yet 70 neither has this story been confirmed. Father Abraham married when he was past 100 years and had about 6children i think. It's scripturally ok, if you're not okay with it you can go and fast for 40 days. ah ah?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by MrDuerulu(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2010
Is there specified length of time for one to mourn her/his husband/wife b4 re-marrying in christianity? It's 3 or 4 months in Islam afta dat one is free to re-marry. For God sake, 18 months is a reasonable time for any man/woman to marry again afta the death of his/her partner. Some of us complaining here to be honest with ourselves can u survival for 18 months without an opposite sex companionship?
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by SOLAADETUNJI: 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ALL :Pls let it be known to all that W.F.Kumuyi is not 71,he is 69yrs old.

Apart,Kumuyi's marriage is right.None of you probably know what the old man have been passing through.All you critics should think deep and judge right.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by polirocy: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2010
pastor kumuyi was born in 1941 .2010-1941=69 ok? don't keep spreading what you don't know.ok!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by polirocy: 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
let them say ! baba just keep your holy life. how many pastors do we have again who teache the standard of the bible?(very few) except those who teach what the poeple want to hear.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by victory: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
The Man is been Him self with out pretense pls live him a lone its not good for a man to be alone the Bible said it
www.moneyjobs24.com cheers
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by opribo(m): 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2010
We wont be surprised to see some new born babies at that age. Carry go jo
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by ilosiwaju: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2010
Okija_juju:

I Just saw this thread and my reaction was WTF!!?! shocked shocked

First of all, just after 18 months!!

For a man who showed rather extra-ordinary commitment to his ministry by leaving his ailing wife behind to preach at a crusade, he is showing some rather insensitivity by getting married just 18 months after her death!!

So lets say he mourned her for 12 months. And then he fell in love with this Esther lady sister after that and six months later they are married?! Hmmm! Something just dosent feel right!!

Someone asked why their wives are all dying before them, I have also wondered myself!! Reverend Yomi Isijola of thee Logos Ministries Inc, located in Port-harcourt was once a former member/pastor with the Deeper life assembly, his wife died and barely 14months after, there was a grand wedding ceremony between him and the Lead chorister in the church, yet again people saw nothing wrong in this. Pastor Okotie remarries even though his first wife wasnt dead, a sin according to the bible and yet again, people still found a way of justifying it. Atleast Pastor Odukoya had the restraint to wait 4 years after the death of his wife before remarrying.

How come the wife of Late Bishop Benson Idahosa still hasnt remarried even after over 12 years of his death?! Or her body na firewood?!

I'm just saying that something is just not feeling right about the way and speed with which these MOG's are remarrying!!

I'm not judging, just observing!!
Correct!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by email1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
pics pls. source pls. if this story is anything 2 go by, then ki ni BIG DEAL. he knows wats best 4 him as u all know what u want.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by osagiexl(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2010
those who murmur and say evil about the pastor remarry issue may probably face the penalty from god. just as the israelite murmured against moses when he married an ethiopian woman. god directed him to do so, not u, not ur wise-man, not any man.

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by SegzyJoe(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ post Though I don't know if Pastor Kumuyi was formally confered the prof title but most people in the academic circle knows that academically and spiritually, the man is more than a prof. we are talking about a man that had first-class all through to PHD level in mathematics.

Pastor Adeboye too is mathematician with PHD in Applied Mathematics and Hydrodynamics.

This made me to remember a lecturer in my school who only had a masters degree in econometrics from US and he went to OAU for his PHD, on getting there all the book recommended for his class were his published books. The guy just walked away. What am trying to say is that, there are many PHD holders in Nigerian educational system who are very sound than many profs put together.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by osagiexl(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2010
god directed him to do so, not himself, not u, neither any man what so ever. if god give him go ahead and u men are complaining, it mean u are gathering heaven causes on ur head. if u murmur or complain about it or say things negative about his remarry, then ur case is like dat of the israelite who murmured against moses when he married and ethiopian woman. why don't u ask moses his age then: compare to today's age. is not his(kumuyi's) will, but of god. so who are u to complain on what god directed him to do. there some things u can't question god for. who are men to say evil concerning his remarry issue in uk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / Muoka Vs Ofoegbu: War In The House Of God / Benin Pastors Visit Destiny Eguavoen's Church After Attack By Traditionalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.