Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries (40770 Views)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / 85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by larezo2006(m): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
to me , no cause for alarm in as much they love each weit whole heart. caay go baba.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by zicky(m): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
I hav try other site to confirm dis post bt hav nt found bt if it is true i wish him d best, i believe sister will b happy with his decision.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by knotty(m): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
if truly he did this, then thumbs up to him!

knowing who the man is and what he represents, he would have done this, methinks, as a message and as an important doctrine to his church members that there is marriage life after death.
what better way to lead than by example? tell me.

truth, you all dont know how many men/women are held in lifetime bondage to self seeking and self promoting doctrines that marriage is for eternity and that the death of one meant the cessation of marriage life!

perhaps, Pastor is trying to open the worldviews of those held by this shallow thinking that God permits marriage after the demise of a pair of the marital unit.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by segunsim: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
i am so suprise that some makes rumour and innuendos their motto.u are wrong abt the age u are also wrong abt the info.the church is larger than a miilion all around the world and wait a minute how do u no of their marriage?where u in uk as at the time the whole deed was perfected?and if yes are u the only nigerian in uk to have known that?
if indeed ur claims were true,then the media should be aware already or are the newspapers no longer functioning to be aware of such news.
look my dear,if those thing wetre true then this man would have unleased them to his members because he knows the soup can pour at anytime.
OH BOY NO PLAY WITH GOD OH I DEY TELL U OH!
KEEP UR LIPS lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by nuges2010: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2010
Pastor has followed after God's word. Congratulations to him for that. Only few can take this bold step in the midst of the criticisms here and there.

Congrats Baba.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by vislabraye(m): 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2010
If he has married, thumbs up to him. No one can comlain and point fingers at him for anything like the rest who are divorced and remarried
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Kaymus(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2010
I'm happy for baba o. He's stcricpturally permitted to marry no matter how anyone feels about it. Body no firewood o!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by olowolekan(m): 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
Congratulations Baba.People just open their mouth and talk anyhow.May God forgive us.You have forgotten the the devil is moving like a roaring lion seeking for whom to devour.You want devil to set him up and the media will put forth all their lies so as to tarnish his image.The Lord our saviour will keep Baba kumuyi till the end whether the devil likes it or not.Happy Married Life.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by emmatok(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by mimketty: 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2010
ilosiwaju:

i wudn't blame u at all, assuming u had other things going on. u wudn't observe how pastors deal with their issues.
has it ever occured to anyone here that GOD might hv asked him to do it. i knew pastor kumuyi realli loved his late wife, i heard from a close source that the sister he married is elderly,and she has realli served the church as a missionary to one of our african countries, she has neva gotten married and she's elderly, it cud also be God's way of blessing a woman like that who has served him with all her heart. not minding if she gets married , hv children or not. i wud say papa followed what God wanted him to do. trust me if its not Gods leading i dnt think he wud do that, the man is so busy
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by MaiSuya(m): 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2010
Congrats to him cheesy
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Nwaka77: 12:14am On Oct 26, 2010
There is nothing wrong with what he did per se. The only problem I have is Nigerians and their hypocrisy. If it was a female pastor or any other woman for that matter who lost her husband after already turning 50 years or above, the majority of male responders here will condemn her and ask why she married again especially at that age. Nigerian culture expects a woman not to marry again once she reaches a certain age yet applauds when a man who is drawing close to his grave get's married again. Some argue it is for companionship. I guess elderly widows don't need companionship. Some say "body no be fire wood". I guess a woman's body is fire wood or she is expected to suppress her desires. Oh the irony but whatever! Dark Continent with a dark suppressing culture that will never move forward while others sprint ahead!  undecided
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Osama10(m): 12:43am On Oct 26, 2010
Nwaka77:

There is nothing wrong with what he did per se. The only problem I have is Nigerians and their hypocrisy. If it was a female pastor or any other woman for that matter who lost her husband after already turning 50 years or above, the majority of male responders here will condemn her and ask why she married again especially at that age. Nigerian culture expects a woman not to marry again once she reaches a certain age yet applauds when a man who is drawing close to his grave get's married again. Some argue it is for companionship. I guess elderly widows don't need companionship. Some say "body no be fire wood". I guess a woman's body is fire wood or she is expected to suppress her desires. Oh the irony but whatever! Dark Continent with a dark suppressing culture that will never move forward while others sprint ahead! undecided

Yeah, you are correct but its just a man's world.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 7:13am On Oct 26, 2010
This is the religion section, not the 'romance' section. It is expected that things should be seen in perspective with worship. This is what children of God are to live by, not about responders, opinions, man's world and animal farm.
Here is God's Word again so clear:
1Corinthians 7v39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
And vice versa. It's not a question of 20years or 90years. It is people with antichrist spirit that forbid to marry, little wonder most sinners here are not smiling. Sorry, a christian is not hopeless like a sinner is.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by manosteel(m): 9:36am On Oct 26, 2010
I really wish him the best. This man started preaching the gospel about 50years ago, when great pastor like Enoch Adeboye was still a school boy, and he has been waxing stronger and stronger, and had never looked back.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by akossyy: 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
that is the right thing to do after all it is written in the bible,

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by zicky(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Information i got 4rm a senior pastor in d church said his two sons nd other senior pastors hav telling him to get marriee because of his ministry
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by JimmyBoy1: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
This is absolutely in order, as marriage vow is 'Till death do us part", now that death separated Pastor Kumuyi and his late wife , then he is very free to marry. I also think this  better than hearing that our beloved pastor was caught in the act with one sister or the other.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by abdulg: 3:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
Any of you may marry believing free women may marry believing slave girls who are owned by those among you. Allah knows best about your belief – you are all equally believers. Marry them with their owners’ permission and give them dowries correctly and courteously as married women, not in fornication or taking them as lovers. When they are married, if they commit fornication, they should receive half the punishment of free women. This is for those of you who are afraid of committing fornication. But to be patient would be better for you. Allah is All-Knowing, Most Merciful.” (Qura'an 3: 25) cheesy
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by maximiser: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
Fellow Nigerians, we can  now cut down our monthly bill on  phone calls.You can even talk free on SEMICALL-Etisalat special line and still be paid for being on that new platform. I have a  free report on that. To get it and also know how to reduce your monthly cost of living by 5-50%, contact me  on 07086095342.This could be the hottest announcement of the day. Best of the season!
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
The Almighty says: “Among His signs is that He created for you spouses from yourselves so that you might find repose with them. And He has placed between you affection and mercy. In that there are certainly signs for people who reflect.” (Qura'an 30: Ayah 22). Congrat
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by jamace(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
Congrats baba.

I support baba 100%. This world is no longer safe for the unmarried. Too many dangerous mini-skirt wearing, daring Eves are everywhere, moving to and fro on the face of the earth, like the devil, seeking men whom they will devour. And by baba's standing and position, any reported act  of          sex-ual immorality (whether real or rumoured) will resound in the 4 corners of the earth, will end his guarded reputation and finally destroy his strong doctrinal ministry.

So, Congrats once more to baba.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by abdulg: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
The Holy Prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be on him) said:

"Marriage is my precept and my practice. Those who do not follow my practice are not of me."

And

"When a man has married, he has completed one half of his religion." shocked
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by zion222: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
Pastor kumuyi a real genuine man OF GOD i so much RESPECT, he hears from GOD and do GOD~S WILL.Happy wedlock, all the `mischievous noise maker` short up so as not to attract GOD`S WRATH on yourself remember Elisha in the bible and the kids that were making jest of, i dont needa tell yu all wat happened just GO READ YOUR BIBLE.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by zicky(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
Happy wedlock pst w.f kumuyi and sis esther

Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Pafuri(m): 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2010
My father's house of worship
Has become a den of thieves,
Stealing in the name of the Lord.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 1:11am On Oct 27, 2010
Why do i get the feeling that this story is so untrue after all. I mean see the lies and fake pictures trying to buttress the story.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by cavicent19(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2010
It is true that Pastor Kumuyi have remarry. The Court wedding and Church blessing was held at London on 13th October, 2010.
The Leaders of DCLM accross Nigeria yesterday evening viewed the Video coverage of the ceremonies that lasted for 1 hours.
Quality time were equally spent in Prayer for the sustenance of the marriage and more grace for the pastor and his new wife.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by polirocy: 11:47am On Oct 27, 2010
there is one thing abaut nigerians, i don't know wether it is the deseas of black people.We don't appreciate what God give us rather we prefer to accept whatever coming from white people even if it is 'chit' so far it is from whit man.Why don't black poeple package and embrace what they have even if it is 'chit'. this man called pastor kumuyi is an exceptional academician and christiaen leader of which there is no part of this country 'nigeria' who does not know him and what he stand for over this years.as far as am concerned, there are exceptional poeple who God himself has made that are times million time better than most of these our back door profs.they are profs for mouth but there are know practical inventions to justify the tag.am not saying that there are no other profs who are really profs ,ofcourse thay are. by the way a proffessor is a peson who proffesses to be 'expart' in a particular field not neccessarilly in academics.i see my own father who did not go to school as a prof because he is an 'expart' in farming and local medicine but because nigerians are just too cracy about formal education, that is why they dont recon with poele like my father who could perform what thousands of profs in academic can not do.back to kumuyi, he is both academically sound and spiritially best, if not for the call by now he should be prof emeritus.let us appreciate him even if we can not live up to his own pesonal standart.i'v seen poeple talk many things about him and what he preaches then i took my time to listeen to him myself then i realised that it will only take deeper thinkers to really understand him or what is wrong in preacching against fornication, woldliness and pride which is the massacre of our nation today in nigeria,television : infact i must confess, television corrupt rather than building,what is really wrong is that man has never learnt to be sincere with himself,the day he does he will be set free, and strictly adering to what he preaches. infact poeple should not be biass, this man is exeptional. though when i had he remarried i first argued it because i felt he is too busy but when i thought over it, one, he is the only one now, how is he going to handle the wemen ministery? infact he need to be very very carefull at this junction because satan is not looking for mere men. he should guide himself the journey is far spent.may god bless you all.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
Image123:

Why do i get the feeling that this story is so untrue after all. I mean see the lies and fake pictures trying to buttress the story.

My brother, according to reliable sources I believe that the G.S. has truly remarried by the Will of God but people here are mixing half truths and lies on what they have little or no information about. Let us thank God and be glad on what the Lord has done.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by Image123(m): 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

My brother, according to reliable sources I believe that the G.S. has truly remarried by the Will of God but people here are mixing half truths and lies on what they have little or no information about. Let us thank God and be glad on what the Lord has done.
Oh, i'm gladys for him and the church then. Again i say, happy and fruitful married life pastor sir. Enjoy, you the son of the King.
1Thessalonians 4v13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
Baba is NOT PERMITTED to sorrow like the hopeless sinners.
Re: Pastor William Kumuyi (Deeper Life) Remarries by odabi4us: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2010
I am happy for him anyway.I would have loved to see the marriage pix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Take On How Mbaka Disgraced Peter Obi: Alter Of Mbaka, Not Of God / Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / Pastor Adeboye Arrested & Ordered To Do Frog Jump - Endtime Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.