Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours (7090 Views)

Wait, What? This Is A Seat On An Arik Plane? (photo) / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane / Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by adconline(m): 2:53am On Oct 29, 2010
when last did you go with ABC? The last time i travelled with ABC from Abuja to Port Harcourt we left at about 8am and arrived PH 12 midnight.That was my 3rd similar experience via road,i vowed never to travel by road again except with a private car.

Until we learn the importance of maintenance culture,these problems will keep occurring.

I was implying that ABC has more experience in Naija routes than any new company and in the same vein, I will not fly Arik overseas, because it lacks experience to deliver top notch international traveling experience.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by eewule(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
Where else in the world can this happen ??     cheesy cheesy
i love my naija,   and the funny ways they respond to problems
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by mbulela: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
Kilode?!:

I doubt your "love" for Arik, are you sure you are not working for one of their competitors?

If you are the Publicist Arik Air Hired to do damage control on NL, You've only succeded in confirming the allegations made by their customers. shocked

Arik should demand their money back from you.

Your post is not just condescending, it is also dumb and uncouth, just like the image of Arik that had been painted by their customers on this thread. . .

Fail!
I am surprised that anyone takes this Opribo guy serious.
I think he is just seeking attention.
The only reason why anyone would fly internationally is if you find yourself with excess luggage you cannot afford to pay for (the luggage allowance is very generous but i can't even be swayed by that).
Only then can i listen to your sorry story afterwards.
My folks got a return ticket from london and after using  one leg of it, were wishing they could resell the remaining leg or even give it out for free.
It was that bad.
I will never fly them internationally, no matter what.
An international flight should not be endured, not even as an economy class passenger.
Like i said earlier, locally there are no better alternatives and we have to manage them.
Internationally, i will never take the risk.
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by omoobanla(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
My Beloved People Am weeping for Nigeria, Why Why Why Why. With all of these things some people ll still be shouting Arik is the Best rather than focusing on what is not right about arik service in order for the company to tighten up for their own good.
I alws know there is somtin wrong with these UK Gov, I mean How could they even allow such company to fly to their country. There is no defence btwin UK and Nigeria Gov and People, They all have everything in common, Corrupt Mindset, Love for Money, Proudness , Liers.
SUCH AIRLINE LL NEVER ALLOW TO COME TO MAIN EUROPE NOT TO TALK OF SCANDINAVIA NATION, It is unbelievable people.

THANKS TO OMO_TIER1 AND EVERYONE THAT.......FOR SHARING UR EXPERIENCE WITH US
could u imaging, a friend of mine just told me not more than two weeks ago than since I ll land at abuja Airport by Lufthansa Airline That His sister Living in abuja told him that Arik is the best ....... To take to Lagos bla bla blaaa and already investing my trust in them. God have mercy
Re: Arik Again? Passenger Hold Arik Plane Hostage For 3 Hours by prayerful: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
Arik Air.. Hmm.. I used to vouch for them cos I flew them about 8 times on the london- lagos route and I never had any complaints about delays, staff rudeness etc. The only delay I experienced was in Dec 2009, the flight from London the night before had been cancelled due to heavy snow, so there was no plane to take us from Lagos- London. Hence, we had to wait about 5 hours for the flight coming in from Ny so we could use that plane to London. I didn't blame them though cos of the snow.. But it was an experience for me cos it was xmas eve and I'm sure we all know that on that day, businesses work half day.. Including transportation. As per following the initial schedule, we would have arrived in London at 5pm ish. But since we left Lagos at about 4 pm, we didn't get to London till like 10pm. After going thru immigrations, getting luggage, I didn't get out of Heathrow till about 12 midnight..

Now, my dilemma.. I was transiting thru London to get to Bradford, obviously, no trains so my booking had been wasted, no coaches..

Thank God I had envisaged this so I had planned with my friends to drive from Bradford to Heathrow in the snow to pick me up and we immediately headed back..

Xmas the next day was spent in bed cos I was knackered.

I had another experience this year in April.
On the outbound flight, first of all, the flight was scheduled to leave at about 2 ish I think.. I stood in line to check in from some mins past twelve till 3pm.. Their excuse was they weren't given enough check in counters.. We didn't take off till 5.30 pm ish.. On the 14 hrs flight, in flight entertainment didn't work..

On the inbound flight, which was on a friday, apparently, the flight on the previous wednesday had been cancelled (the experience of those passengers was even more frustrating) Anyway, the flight was scheduled to leave at 11.30 pm.. After checking in and getting to the boarding gate, there was no plane in sight.. Apparently, y the wednesday flight had been cancelled was cos they had said the plane's fuel had been leaking (some amount of drops/ minute).. Hence, they were still fixing the plane.. After much arguments n protests n demands from the passengers especially the wednesday ones, the pilot came to address us to say it was still being fixed.. At this point, it still wasn't certain if we were gonna fly.. After about an hour, he came back to say the plane was ok.. At this point, people started demanding that the plane be changed cos they weren't confident about flying a plane that had just been fixed.. At the end of the day, we didn't leave till 5 am cos 37 passengers opted out and their luggage had to be off loaded from the plane.. Again, in flight entertainment didn't work..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Mishap Averted On Ilorin-lagos Route / Application For Right Of Abode On Nigerian Passport / Ukraine OR Russia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.