Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. (64919 Views)

Meet Regina Askia's Husband, Son And Daughters / Regina Askia, Stephanie Hornecker & Ooni Of Ife Meet In The U.S (photos) / Regina Askia And Her Daughter, Teesa Williams Stun At A Charity Event (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by NaijaCelebrity: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nollywood Veteran, Regina Askia has a message for Nigerians working in America.

Her post comes amid news of arrest of several Nigerians in the US who have been indicted in cyber fraud and money laundering schemes.

She also reveals she's writing a book on her observations on the treatment of black immigrants in America.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/regina-askia-has-a-message-for-nigerians-working-in-america/

To all my honest hardworking Nigerian American brothers and sisters headed to work this morning, my prayers are with you.

Brace up because a whole lot of stupid will be coming at you from round the block and back. Like the overarching racism culture was not degrading enough, we now have to walk in the shadow of suspicion by folks who should know better and by dusty ass folks with a negative balance in their account acting like you trying to steal something.
Corporate America is notoriously unfriendly when it comes to the hardworking black immigrant. But our resilience and focus keep us rising above all that, rejecting the office of victim hood and taking it all in our stride. We are eagle eyed focused on the big picture and that for most of us is highest possible educational qualification and highest possible office with highest possible pay. Like water, we find our way around any and all obstacles and we make it. But just how much psychological and emotional bullying can a people take. What quality of persons are we at the end of it all. Rich, for sure! Cynical, maybe, healthy - physically and emotionally? With the high blood pressure, weight issues, kidney issues etc....remains to be seen.
When the Orange emperor made his shit hole nation comment, I had a Co-worker come apologize to me. I took that as passive aggression because no right thinking person would hold such words on any level of serious consideration. Bringing it up with me meant I was being given a friendly reminder, and from there on meting the “shitty”treatment confirmed the agenda.
While I am offloading my many observations of the rings of fire on these plantations into a book ( of course with the many ways to ford that drift), I say to my people
so sorry some of our greedy brothers had to put us all in such an embarrassing position. Hang in there, continue to be the best you have always been. We have been down this road before, this one too shall pass. We are Nigerian -Americans, forged in fire - winning is the name of our game. One love.
Cheers

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1oBZaPBYXc/?hl=en

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Finelinks: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
i like this milf. She get sense.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Hungrychicken(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2019
All because of the Igbos and their love for money, they have painted the whole black race bad. smh.

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Ciaos: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
Everybody wan write book now... Ok oooooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Frankyboy1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
Joe k

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by drey076(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
"Corporate America is notoriously unfriendly when it comes to the hardworking black immigrant."

The bolded statement is what I call fallacy of hasty generalization. When will people learn to stop judging the USA by the action of Trump. I have been working here and my colleagues have always value us Africans for our brilliance and passion for work.

Although she is right about the recent fraud issue coz I am really bothered by the news of the FBI 80 which was on the front page of CNN website when it occurred. The implication is that my colleagues will try to view Nigerians from that angle even if they are not willing to say it.

The scammers are hurting us indirectly, but most especially they are hurting people in Nigeria that are trying to migrate here more. The day I almost regretted being a Nigerian is when one Indian colleague told me in the midst of other colleagues that Nigerians are mostly scammers in Atlanta, he said it immediately I told him I'm from Nigeria, although I defended Nigeria and told him we are not a nation of scammer but the stigma still sticks anytime I remember that day.

I hope people change and stop this get rich quick by any means syndrome.

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
The people of Nigger-Area grin grin

cc Lzaa afamed gmbuharii

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Hamachi(f): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
1. When you dump a girl from OSUN, she'll create a scene & disgrace you.
2. Dump a girl from CALABAR, she'll accused u of impregnating her & force you to love her again whether you like it or not.
3. Dump a girl from ABUJA, she'll cry day & night.
4. Dump a girl from BENIN, she'll bewitch you and you will wake up with boils on your face.
5. Dump a girl from ENUGU, she'll take your name & picture to shrine.
6. Dump a girl from IMO, she won't even notice it because she has so many sugar daddies.
7. Dump a girl from WARRI, she'll turn her bedroom to beer parlour & drink all sort of drinks until she gets high.
8. Dump a girl from LAGOS, she'll go round & sleep with all your friends.
9. Dump a girl from PORT HARCOURT, in 2 weeks' time she'll invite you to her wedding.
10. Dump a girl from ANAMBRA, she'll tempt your dad & become yourstepmother.
11. Dump a girl from KANO, she'll report you to her dad in the army & you will marry her at gun point.
12. Dump an ABIA girl, she'll burn ur property & apologise.
13. Dump a BAYELSA girl, you'll see her the next day in your house with your elder brother.
14. Dump a girl from KOGI, no need they have dumped you a long time ago.
15. Dump an Abaliki girl, she 'll carry matchet to kill you
16.Dump a girl from BENUE, am sorry you already have AIDS. Wetin I still dey reason be say na wetin go come happen if you dump a girl from BORNO

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Hangulsaram: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hungrychicken:
All because of the Igbos and their love for money, they have painted the whole black race bad. smh.
Your mumu never do?

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by bamasite(m): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Great woman.

Beauty+Brain+Skill

Our premium pulsator is all you need to PROVE THAT EVERY WOMAN CAN HAVE AN ORGASM! Women are not baby factories.

Click here to order now on WhatsApp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
Brilliant woman...America and racism are inseparable, a sh!thole country indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Lastorator: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
Canwe begin an all round attack on folks wirh shady money.. N musicians dat suppirt them!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by BroadStreetBull(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Toscarel: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
One actress i admire, she saw how fake and promiscuous our typical actresses are and dropped it for a decent livelihood
Kudos

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Adan11: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
The matter is now deep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
the US is overhyped

wonder wetin people still dey find there undecided undecided

their infrastructure etc way behind the Gulf and countries like japan

lest their healthcare can make you homeless

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by NOL2dworld(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Toscarel: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hungrychicken:

The 'half wit' had to put his ignorance on display here, we know you hate money even from the name you gave yourself.

Your hatred for a certain tribe would spell your doom while you are stuck in mediocre

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by penjm: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Ever since she got married she became a serious noise Maker.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by wink2015(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nollywood Veteran, Regina Askia has a message for Nigerians working in America.

Her post comes amid news of arrest of several Nigerians in the US who have been indicted in cyber fraud and money laundering schemes.

She also reveals she's writing a book on her observations on the treatment of black immigrants in America.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/regina-askia-has-a-message-for-nigerians-working-in-america/

To all my honest hardworking Nigerian American brothers and sisters headed to work this morning, my prayers are with you.

Brace up because a whole lot of stupid will be coming at you from round the block and back. Like the overarching racism culture was not degrading enough, we now have to walk in the shadow of suspicion by folks who should know better and by dusty ass folks with a negative balance in their account acting like you trying to steal something.
Corporate America is notoriously unfriendly when it comes to the hardworking black immigrant. But our resilience and focus keep us rising above all that, rejecting the office of victim hood and taking it all in our stride. We are eagle eyed focused on the big picture and that for most of us is highest possible educational qualification and highest possible office with highest possible pay. Like water, we find our way around any and all obstacles and we make it. But just how much psychological and emotional bullying can a people take. What quality of persons are we at the end of it all. Rich, for sure! Cynical, maybe, healthy - physically and emotionally? With the high blood pressure, weight issues, kidney issues etc....remains to be seen.
When the Orange emperor made his shit hole nation comment, I had a Co-worker come apologize to me. I took that as passive aggression because no right thinking person would hold such words on any level of serious consideration. Bringing it up with me meant I was being given a friendly reminder, and from there on meting the “shitty”treatment confirmed the agenda.
While I am offloading my many observations of the rings of fire on these plantations into a book ( of course with the many ways to ford that drift), I say to my people
so sorry some of our greedy brothers had to put us all in such an embarrassing position. Hang in there, continue to be the best you have always been. We have been down this road before, this one too shall pass. We are Nigerian -Americans, forged in fire - winning is the name of our game. One love.
Cheers

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1oBZaPBYXc/?hl=en

COME HOME TO NIGERIA.

YOU CAN USE YOUR SKILLS TO BUILD NIGERIA INSTEAD OF WASTING YOUR LIFE IN A RACIST AMERICA !

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by sylve11: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hungrychicken:

your brain get fever. tongue cool

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Lastorator: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
The greed of a few will now be affectin all legit folks workin in america.. All hustlers working on freelance sites. All business men trying to sell n buy legit stufs online N all those with dreams and aspirations of goin out there to hustle legitly

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Tectono: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
Wow!!! That's very good for her. Click on the first link on my signature to master the contemporary dynamics of export business.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Themainn: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Who is this one again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by adoyi8: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
It seems she works in Plastic Surgery department. I'll advise her employees to keep an eye on their supplies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by shogsman(m): 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2019
I don't understand this craze for USA especially among Nigerians, have some self respect y'all.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) / Olamide And Family Share 2019 Christmas Pictures / 4999: Zlatan, Naira Marley, Don Jazzy, Wizkid, Bobrisky & Tekno Photoshopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.