Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. (64954 Views)

Meet Regina Askia's Husband, Son And Daughters / Regina Askia, Stephanie Hornecker & Ooni Of Ife Meet In The U.S (photos) / Regina Askia And Her Daughter, Teesa Williams Stun At A Charity Event (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by timesup234: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
SIRTee15:

I think this infrastructure thing is overhype....
America developed it's infrastructure over 5 decades ago while gulf n China infrastructure is recent...
The later will look new...

Besides, Africans don't relocate because of skyscraper or smooth road....
The main reason behind relocation is better wages n career opportunties as well as respect for personal freedom n basic rights...
And America beats any emerging nation when it comes to this....
Thats why trend of migration remain westernward despite Asian n gulf countries economic rise....
If u need to see modern skyscrapers or high speed rail...
Take a holiday to China or dubai...
That's all....
stop saying what u dont know. Places like new zealand and australia got higher wages than America. America is overhyped, they hyped themselves. America is not among the top 15 countries to live, countries like denmark, finland, norway, holland, autria, qatar etc are a trillion times better than America. Their standard of living is century ahead of America
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:
"Corporate America is notoriously unfriendly when it comes to the hardworking black immigrant."

The bolded statement is what I call fallacy of hasty generalization. When will people learn to stop judging the USA by the action of Trump. I have been working here and my colleagues have always value us Africans for our brilliance and passion for work.

Although she is right about the recent fraud issue coz I am really bothered by the news of the FBI 80 which was on the front page of CNN website when it occurred. The implication is that my colleagues will try to view Nigerians from that angle even if they are not willing to say it.

The scammers are hurting us indirectly, but most especially they are hurting people in Nigeria that are trying to migrate here more. The day I almost regretted being a Nigerian is when one Indian colleague told me in the midst of other colleagues that Nigerians are mostly scammers in Atlanta, he said it immediately I told him I'm from Nigeria, although I defended Nigeria and told him we are not a nation of scammer but the stigma still sticks anytime I remember that day.
An Indian telling you Nigerians are scammer? "Nigerian is when one Indian colleague told me in the midst of other colleagues that Nigerians are mostly scammers"
I work with lot of Indians I hope and pray one of they tell me that nonsense
Have you got call from Indian telling you about
IRS
You computer is locked

I hope people change and stop this get rich quick by any means syndrome
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
timesup234:
stop saying what u dont know. Places like new zealand and australia got higher wages than America. America is overhyped, they hyped themselves. America is not among the top 15 countries to live, countries like denmark, finland, norway, holland, autria, qatar etc are a trillion times better than America. Their standard of living is century ahead of America
Ok hear you

Please tell us the number of Nigerians making over $80,000.00 yearly at "denmark, finland, norway, holland, autria, qatar "
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by SIRTee15: 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
timesup234:

see the countries u mentioned....
are they not western nations....
read my post- I said migration pattern remain westernward despite improved conditions in some developing countries....
Or how many Nigerians do u see celebrating visa to china or south korea....
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
hyperflex:

I still don’t think it’s wrong. You quoted her point but the only thing u said was wrong with it was the Argumentum ad Populum not the her whole point. But u quoting it felt like u wanted to debunk something more. People say thing in generalization these days but we all know everyone don’t act the same way. Bottom line all all the points she made is true.

I ain't saying her point isn't true, she voiced out what most of us here are feeling towards this FBI 80 issue and the stereotyping that will ensue later.

But I am just trying to challenge her false narratives about saying the corporate america are notoriously unfriendly to black immigrants. That is a blunder coz she was indirectly trying to lay the blames on the Americans and projecting them as not liking or valuing black immigrant.

The USA is the best country on earth that gives foreign student a certain right and privilege. From the sponsorship in the university, RA/TA funding, opportunity e.t.c. Infact by statistics, the black immigrants are usually employed by so called corporate America and we are given some preference maybe due to the fact that we are counted as "African American" which includes the indigenous USA blacks (termed "diversity and inclusion" )

Also, Nigerians here are mostly successful in corporate America coz of our brilliance and ability to excel under any condition, the only issue here is how to re-orientate our fellow Nigerians both home and in diaspora that sees crime as shortcut to success. It's really a fundamental issue we have to start addressing coz we can't all blame it alone on poverty as some guys are opining up there.

2 Likes

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by degamemaster(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hamachi:
1. When you dump a girl from OSUN, she'll create a scene & disgrace you.
2. Dump a girl from CALABAR, she'll accused u of impregnating her & force you to love her again whether you like it or not.
3. Dump a girl from ABUJA, she'll cry day & night.
4. Dump a girl from BENIN, she'll bewitch you and you will wake up with boils on your face.
5. Dump a girl from ENUGU, she'll take your name & picture to shrine.
6. Dump a girl from IMO, she won't even notice it because she has so many sugar daddies.
7. Dump a girl from WARRI, she'll turn her bedroom to beer parlour & drink all sort of drinks until she gets high.
8. Dump a girl from LAGOS, she'll go round & sleep with all your friends.
9. Dump a girl from PORT HARCOURT, in 2 weeks' time she'll invite you to her wedding.
10. Dump a girl from ANAMBRA, she'll tempt your dad & become yourstepmother.
11. Dump a girl from KANO, she'll report you to her dad in the army & you will marry her at gun point.
12. Dump an ABIA girl, she'll burn ur property & apologise.
13. Dump a BAYELSA girl, you'll see her the next day in your house with your elder brother.
14. Dump a girl from KOGI, no need they have dumped you a long time ago.
15. Dump an Abaliki girl, she 'll carry matchet to kill you
16.Dump a girl from BENUE, am sorry you already have AIDS. Wetin I still dey reason be say na wetin go come happen if you dump a girl from BORNO

She will send her fulani terrorists brothers or boko haram brothers to bomb or slaughter you.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:
"Corporate America is notoriously unfriendly when it comes to the hardworking black immigrant."

The bolded statement is what I call fallacy of hasty generalization. When will people learn to stop judging the USA by the action of Trump. I have been working here and my colleagues have always value us Africans for our brilliance and passion for work.

Although she is right about the recent fraud issue coz I am really bothered by the news of the FBI 80 which was on the front page of CNN website when it occurred. The implication is that my colleagues will try to view Nigerians from that angle even if they are not willing to say it.

The scammers are hurting us indirectly, but most especially they are hurting people in Nigeria that are trying to migrate here more. The day I almost regretted being a Nigerian is when one Indian colleague told me in the midst of other colleagues that Nigerians are mostly scammers in Atlanta, he said it immediately I told him I'm from Nigeria, although I defended Nigeria and told him we are not a nation of scammer but the stigma still sticks anytime I remember that day.

I hope people change and stop this get rich quick by any means syndrome.
Many nairalanders have been defending Yahoo boys. Whenever EFCC arrests them the foolish dudes here will be asking why politicians are not arrested. Well, I have not seen them here since the arrest of the 77 guys in US. Guess what? While the frustrate intending Nigerian immigrants, the politicians are not affected.I

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by degamemaster(m): 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
But who is that willy-willy hiding behind her with that dreadful face?
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
GoodFaith:

An Indian telling you Nigerians are scammer? "Nigerian is when one Indian colleague told me in the midst of other colleagues that Nigerians are mostly scammers"
I work with lot of Indians I hope and pray one of they tell me that nonsense
Have you got call from Indian telling about
IRS
You computer is locked

Yes bro, I've gotten some of the calls especially claiming they are from IRS and sometimes USCIS. I know the Indians also engage in fraudulent acts but it seems the stereotyping is majorly focused on Africa (Nigeria).

When he said it that Nigerians are scammers, I wanted to engage him by saying Indians are the same but what does that tells about my personality in the front of other colleagues mostly Americans. So I just tried explaining that it was just media misinformation that Nigerians are not fraudulent but I know deep inside me that there is some iota of truth in what he said.

I don't know the solution to all these fraudulent acts by some of my fellow Nigerians, coz it seems it is now cancerous and it has eaten deeply into the fabrics of our core values as a nation and it cuts across both the rich and the poor.

May God help us.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Toscarel: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hungrychicken:

kettle calling pot black. as if you don't bash Buhari and his govt secretly. Call a spade a spade, we all know the said tribe contributed also to our decaying international image. or am I lying? if you see truth talk am Bros it would set you free!!

You are still showing how ignorant you are what does complaining about a failing administration have to do with tribalism
You are simply daft and you keeping showing that each time you type
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by mindtricks: 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:

Sadly, not with the dangerously corrupt governments that we have. In the face of this, many will unfortunately still choose to go that route as an easy way out and damn the consequences.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:

Yes bro, I've gotten some of the calls especially claiming they are from IRS and sometimes USCIS. I know the Indians also engage in fraudulent acts but it seems the stereotyping is majorly focused on Africa (Nigeria).

When he said it that Nigerians are scammers, I wanted to engage him by saying Indians are the same but what does that tells about my personality in the front of other colleagues mostly Americans. So I just tried explaining that it was just media misinformation that Nigerians are not fraudulent but I know deep inside me that there is some iota of truth in what he said.

I don't know the solution to all these fraudulent acts by some of my fellow Nigerians, coz it seems it is now cancerous and it has eaten deeply into the fabrics of our core values as a nation and it cuts across both the rich and the poor.

May God help us.

Nigerians scam is over 40 year old in the USA
I know people that came to USA and Canada in their twenties
Now in their mid 50's still running the street sad
Do you and forget all the crazy stuff Nigerians do
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:
The day I almost regretted being a Nigerian is when one Indian colleague told me in the midst of other colleagues that Nigerians are mostly scammers in Atlanta, he said it immediately I told him I'm from Nigeria

India is a rape capital.

Indians are major scammers. Ask Americans how many Indians have tried to scam over the phone. Ask how many have created fake jobs or did fake interviews to get personal info and steal identities.

The majority of Indians abroad have a totally fake resume. They even create fake job posts to steal people's resume. Five Indians probably have more fake credentials than every scammer in Nigeria combined. Indians constantly cheat in school, and they proudly admit to it.

Indians are only desired as workers because they're extremely cheap labor and will kiss white people's backside all day long with no hesitation, and they'll allow whites to abuse them in every way. They're white collar, modern-day slaves.

Africans are hired because of work ethic, real education, creativity, talent, and ambition.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2019
mindtricks:

Sadly, not with the dangerously corrupt governments that we have. In the face of this, many will unfortunately still choose to go that route as an easy way out and damn the consequences.

Do you think this kind of crime is to be blamed on government alone? Most times we don't always take responsibility for our actions. These guys are millionaires that scammed several million dollars, they would have been into these crimes for God knows when.

While the government should share in part of the blame, we Nigerians ourselves are a reflection of our bad government. Go to gov't ministries, public agencies, secondary schools (Parent sponsoring exam malpractices for their children), police force, Nepa, legislature, executive, chruches and mosques, e.t.c. The greatest threat to Nigeria is even that people already visualize crime as the norm and if you try to be righteous people will start calling you mumu or stupid.

I don't even know what to say self, may God help us.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:

When he said it that Nigerians are scammers, I wanted to engage him by saying Indians are the same but what does that tells about my personality in the front of other colleagues mostly Americans. [/b]So I just tried explaining that it was just media misinformation that Nigerians are not fraudulent but I know deep inside me that there is some iota of truth in what he said.

May God help us.

[b]You're Indian. Get your ugly behind out of here with this racist nonsense.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
GoodFaith:

Ok hear you

Please tell us the number of Nigerians making over $80,000.00 yearly at "denmark, finland, norway, holland, autria, qatar "

I'm not saying those places are better for Nigerians, but the reality is that many countries actually have basic wages that keep pace with inflation, high quality public health care, high quality public education, free college, and real modern infrastructure. The US is behind them in many ways.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:

Do you think this kind of crime is to be blamed on government alone? Most times we don't always take responsibility for our actions. These guys are millionaires that scammed several million dollars, they would have been into these crimes for God knows when.

While the government should share in part of the blame, we Nigerians ourselves are a reflection of our bad government. Go to gov't ministries, public agencies, secondary schools (Parent sponsoring exam malpractices for their children), police force, Nepa, legislature, executive, chruches and mosques, e.t.c. The greatest threat to Nigeria is even that people already visualize crime as the norm and if you try to be righteous people will start calling you mumu or stupid.

I don't even know what to say self, may God help us.
The Key word is "GREED"
I am going to show the world I made it
Bad Nigerian values and cultures from the corruption in our DNA
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cousin9999:

India is a rape capital.

Indians are major scammers. Ask Americans how many Indians have tried to scam over the phone. Ask how many have created fake jobs or did fake interviews to get personal info and steal identities.

The majority of Indians abroad have a totally fake resume. They even create fake job posts to steal people's resume. Five Indians probably have more fake credentials than every scammer in Nigeria combined. Indians constantly cheat in school, and they proudly admit to it.

Indians are only desired as workers because they're extremely cheap labor and will kiss white people's backside all day long with no hesitation, and they'll allow whites to abuse them in every way. They're white collar, modern-day slaves.

Africans are hired because of work ethic, real education, creativity, talent, and ambition.

You have a point and you are totally right. But this is not a comparison of who is more guilty or who the greatest sinners are. This is a matter of false misrepresentation of the genuine legal Nigerians which is majorly the effect of these Naija fraudsters action.

Honestly no end in sight to all these coz some Nigerians have been into these for the past 20 years and rather that slowing down, it seems it is getting more pronounced. What amazes me is that Nigerian scammers are too loud, arrogant, and they flaunt fraudulent proceeds openly and these attracts the law enforcement agencies to them.

If not for outright stupidity, why will someone agree to be on Forbes young African list when he knows he ain't clean. As fraudulent as some of the Indians are you won't see them loud or driving exotic cars and parading monies in clubs across USA. But our Nigerians scammers are so stupidly brave such that they will start doing like no one can apprehend them.

Our problem is too complex to solve, I don't know the solution coz the government too are jsut a sector of the fraudulent act. So it's a matter of a robber trying to checkmate a thief.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2019
timesup234:
stop writing lies and rubbish here. Registered Nurses are not rich. Americans dont see them as rich people, only brainwashed Nigerians. They are average individuals

Nurses aren't considered rich in America, but they're not necessarily average. It's one of few professions with such a high starting salary, especially with only 2 years of education. An RN easily hits six figures. I believe there are some nurses who make substantially more because of their specialization. I think the only ones making average pay live in the south (except Florida and maybe Texas), where basically few people have high wages.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cousin9999:

I'm not saying those places are better for Nigerians, but the reality is that many countries actually have basic wages that keep pace with inflation, high quality public health care, high quality public education, free college, and real modern infrastructure. The US is behind them in many ways.
I hear you
I am saying in general immigrate are better of in USA and now Canada
Canada have grow number of professional immigrate in the last 20 years
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cousin9999:

Nurses aren't considered rich in America, but they're not necessarily average. It's one of few professions with such a high starting salary, especially with only 2 years of education. An RN easily hits six figures. I believe there are some nurses who make substantially more because of their specialization. I think the only ones making average pay live in the south (except Florida and maybe Texas), where basically few people have high wages.

Lot of Nigerians Nursers are doing 16 hours daily
Good profession, you can move from job to job
if you have family schedule could be great too
work around your family time
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
GoodFaith:

I hear you
I am saying in general immigrate are better of in USA and now Canada
Canada have grow number of professional immigrate in the last 20 years

Go away, you disgusting Indian.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cousin9999:

Go away, you disgusting Indian.

I am an Indian?
Really
smoking from your ass
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
SIRTee15:

Or how many Nigerians do u see celebrating visa to china or south korea....

lol
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
GoodFaith:

The Key word is "GREED"
I am going to show the world I made it
Bad Nigerian values and cultures from the corruption in our DNA

I am telling you. We have some sort of generational syndrome of "I don hammer". That explains why we are always trying to outdo our fellow Nigerians by either oppressing them with our wealth or living a loud life to make other people feel worthless.

It is only in Nigeria that you will see people using Iphones and car as a measure of success, you would agree with me that here in USA people don't even care about all those stuffs, the cleaner at my barber shop here is using Iphone 8.

But if a young guy mistakenly buy a car in Nigeria, then the whole neighborhood is in wahala, coz they will keep tormenting the legit guys and living a loud life. Same thing with some adults in both public and private sectors, the use greed to amass huge wealth, scam the company, and start oppressing their fellow colleagues.

We need reorientation from top to bottom or else things might get worse to the extent that other nations will be shutting their door against us.

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cousin9999:

You're Indian. Get your ugly behind out of here with this racist nonsense.

Are you a robot or real human being?

What does my comment has to do with being Indian?

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by GoodFaith: 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
Iblad0994:

I am telling you. We have some sort of generational syndrome of "I don hammer". That explains why we are always trying to outdo our fellow Nigerians by either oppressing them with our wealth or living a loud life to make other people feel worthless.

It is only in Nigeria that you will see people using Iphones and car as a measure of success, you would agree with me that here in USA people don't even care about all those stuffs, the cleaner at my barber shop here is using Iphone 8.

But if a young guy mistakenly buy a car in Nigeria, then the whole neighborhood is in wahala, coz they will keep tormenting the legit guys and living a loud life. Same thing with some adults in both public and private sectors, the use greed to amass huge wealth, scam the company, and start oppressing their fellow colleagues.

We need reorientation from top to bottom or else things might get worse to the extent that other nations will be shutting their door against us.

about 30 year ago when people return to Nigeria from USA or Canada the first thing
your family ask you is your degree
today it is about the car shipped home a
I have a story for you
I was working on my personal project
I had this real old phone, broken
The dude I was dealing knew some stuff about me
One day I was having issue with the want to get ZTE phone
The dude said can i see, start laughing I knew i had stuff

1 Like

Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by ekitimanalways(m): 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
mysticwarrior:
this is so sad and annoying, people are beginning to advice Nigerians to deny their identity.
Bro, I am very sad sad. My cousin who lives and works in New Zealand as a medical doctor said to me a few hours ago via whatsApp that his New Zealanders neighbours and colleagues are beginning to avoid him like a plague. He also said the parents of his New Zealander girlfriend are beginning to develop cold feet and he thinks with time they might successfully convince their daughter to dump him. sad
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Slimpotter(m): 7:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
maybachmusic:
the US is overhyped

wonder wetin people still dey find there undecided undecided

their infrastructure etc way behind the Gulf and countries like japan

lest their healthcare can make you homeless
I've been searching for a comment like yours since, as if you know just too overrated, I wonder why everyone wants to go to US, while there are other countries around the world who don't cage immigrants like they do.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by salford: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
haha. The Nigerian princes and princesses harrasment. nor be today.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Slimpotter(m): 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
shogsman:
I don't understand this craze for USA especially among Nigerians, have some self respect y'all.
I wonder, is there no other country apart from the US, they're feeling too special, as if they're giving certain benefits to immigrants.
Re: Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. by Cousin9999: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2019
Slimpotter:

I've been searching for a comment like yours since, as if you know just too overrated, I wonder why everyone wants to go to US, while there are other countries around the world who don't cage immigrants like they do.

Lots of countries treat immigrants worse, but no one bothers to report that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Laycon Reveals That He Has Sickle Cell / Girl Licks Adewale Adeleke's Sweaty Face When She Saw Money At Club (Photos) / Leaked Audio Suggesting Mr Ibu's 'Daughter', Jasmine Slept With Him And His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.