Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief (28879 Views)

New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by ijustdey: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
The Chairman of the Ekiti State Chapter of the NLC, Mr Kolapo Olatunde, announced on Monday that the Federal Government would commence payment of the long-awaited new wage from next month.

Olatunde made the disclosure in an interview with the Labour Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado-Ekiti on Monday.

“I speak to you as the right source that nothing will stop the implementation of the N30, 000 minimum wage next month.

“Government will pay the new minimum wage in the first week of September.

“After the National Executive Council meeting of the NLC in Kano, we have streamlined everything that can cause any further delay of the payment.

“Now, we are waiting for the outcome,’’ Olatunde stated.

He said that the issue of consequential adjustment raised by labour, to properly harmonise payment of the new wage had delayed the payment.

The labour chief said the payment could start from early week of September when he was asked to state the exact date workers should expect the payment.

He noted that the reappointed Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige, had taken it as his priority to ensure that the minimum wage issue was finally resolved.

Organised labour and the Federal Government have been locked in endless bickering on the modalities for the payment of the new minimum wage which was approved by the government earlier this year.

On April 18, President Muhammadu Buhari signed the Minimum Wage Bill into law, to bring relief to Nigerian workers but payment of the wage has remained a problem.

Labour had asked for consequential adjustment but the government argued that it had already made budgetary provision for an adjustment of N10, 000 across the board for those already earning above N30, 000 per month.

The development resulted in a logjam on the issue, delaying the payment of the wage since April.

Review of the minimum wage in Nigeria was effected last eight years ago, leaving civil servants at the receiving end of economic hardships.

Public sector workers in oil-bearing Nigeria receive meagre salaries, while political office receives some of the biggest paycheques in the world, according to analysts.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/payment-of-new-minimum-wage-commences-september-labour-chief/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Tonnexy: 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
How true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by BrokenCock: 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
scam! believe this wayward Govt at your peril! this govt be like man wey no dey gree pay ashawoo complete

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by unoppose: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
Next level about to start fully with Nigerian workers. it will only get better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by fogechi: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
to pay 30k is difficult but to buy car for senators is as easy as 2x[/sup]2 × 3y[sup]3 = 20

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Gideonmi(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
I pray lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by JubrinElSudan: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Since April payment became a problem. Government at all levels are owing workers at least 4 months outstanding part salaries. embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by froshroy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
I hope they are not about to scam us again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by careytommy37(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
If this is true....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by picoba(m): 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019

You better not go and borrow money because of this news. Scam!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by ArmaniUhuru: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
In 2baba’s voice: e be like them want to tell us another story again o.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Glenfid: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Still unbelievable till it happens

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Hotzone(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
....still waiting......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by englishmart(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
O my Oshiomole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by iscom(m): 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
Another breaking news coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by tstx(m): 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nigeria needs just one thing to progress.. Just one thing.. A good president... But our love for money no go allow us vote one into power ergo we are doomed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by oztin: 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
We're still waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by blackboy2star(m): 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
Halleluyah somebody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by aspirebig: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Guys please avoid this fraudster who collected money from me last year for some services and disappeared till date without trace. All efforts to reached proved abortive and his last known phone numbers are not reachable. His name is Emmanuel Damilare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Architectsly: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Pls i want 2 become a Federal staff, who can help me locate my destination?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
Take this guy serious at your own peril

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by fortunejum: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
....until I see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by omooajisnooni: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
ijustdey:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/payment-of-new-minimum-wage-commences-september-labour-chief/

Just like when you people said it would commence on the 18th of April and up till now nothing. this administration is a failed one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Bestman66: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Good news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Architectsly: 10:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
aspirebig:
Guys please avoid this fraudster who collected money from me last year for some services and disappeared till date without trace. All efforts to reached proved abortive and his last known phone numbers are not reachable. His name is Emmanuel Damilare.

What type of services?
Spill out the details we have lots of EFCC guys in this forum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Toscarel: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
Until then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by dontbothermuch: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payment Of New Minimum Wage Commences September: Labour Chief by Judolisco(m): 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
All na lie.... Awon wehrey

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Reconstructing Osisioma Road Aba (Photos) / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.