Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker (18823 Views)

Why Car Consume Fuel And Brings Out Black Smoke / Do You Know Why Car Is Expensive In Germany Than US? / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by jp230: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Car tracker is a device installed on a vehicle so that in the event of a theft, you can track down the vehicle or inform the police so they can track down the vehicle and recover it. It leverages on a network of satellites to determine the location of the device that was installed on your vehicle.

Car tracker could be seen by some as a form of car insurance in that the service allows you to locate your stolen car. But you know the popular saying, if it is not panadol, it is not the same thing as panadol. I am here to give you 5 reasons why comprehensive car insurance is better than car tracker.

INSURANCE COMPANY TAKES RESPONSIBILITY

When your car is stolen, it becomes the insurance company’s responsibility to help track down the car once you report it stolen. They would either find the car or pay you for the value of your car less depreciation. A car tracker on the other hand, will simply tell you where the vehicle is. You would still have to go and recover the vehicle yourself. Or “pay” the police to help you.

SOME INSURANCE COME WITH CAR TRACKER

My current insurance company offers you a free tracker if your car is worth N3,000,000.00 or more. This is an added benefit for their high end customers. It also helps them to find the car when it is stolen, which helps to reduce their losses. In other words, car tracker sometimes comes, free of charge, as a part of insurance.

INSURANCE WOULD COVER DAMAGE DURING ROBBERY

Another advantage a car insurance has over a car tracker is that it covers damages as a result of the robbery. If the car is recovered after robbery, and the car was damaged or needs to be towed to a repair shop, the insurance company would cover the cost. A car tracker on the other hand, would only show you where the car is. The rest is your problem.

INSURANCE COVERS DAMAGES INCLUDING FIRE

With comprehensive car insurance, the insurance company covers any damage including loss to fire. The insurance company would pay up to the value the car was insured for. A car tracker can’t give you this benefit, its sole responsibility is to tell you where the car is.

CAR INSURANCE GIVES MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCKS

If you insure a N2,000,000.00 at 4%, your insurance premium would amount to N80,000.00 per year. For a car tracker, you would pay about N60,000.00 per year. Some car tracking companies charge you up to N40,000.00 to install the tracker for you. Considering the benefits that you get from a comprehensive insurance, you will get more bang for your bucks.

It is very clear that car insurance is a far superior alternative to car tracker. You would be wise to not waste your money on a car tracker. Instead invest that on a comprehensive car insurance.
https://insuranceinfong.com/5-reasons-why-car-insurance-is-better-than-car-tracker/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Renforce: 6:58am On Feb 13, 2020
Ehnnnn....Is this post for Nigerians? grin

All these insurance companies with too many clauses. Your car could be stolen or damaged in an accident or fire and you'd be hearing John 5, Moses 10 grin

Please it costs less than 20k to install a decent tracker. How much does insurance cost again undecided

52 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by kay4kay: 6:59am On Feb 13, 2020
Sure

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by TechCapon(m): 7:01am On Feb 13, 2020
Let me also drop this off. Armed robbers have now gone digital. They now have devices to check if a car has tracker and they disable it. In fact, the first thing they do now is to point a gun to your head and ask you about the tracker before disabling it. When they stole my pastor's car, they first gave him a dirty slap in front of his wife before zooming off with the car. This happened at eleme junction here in Port Harcourt.

On the other hand, Nigerian insurance companies are too fraudulent, they're your friend as long as you keep paying your premiums but as soon as you come to make claims for payments, you become their enemy.

65 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Sirmuel1(m): 7:01am On Feb 13, 2020
OP, a Car tracker is NEVER waste!!!!
In fact a tracker WILL help reduce your insurance premium. Before an insurance company calculate your cost, they would like to know how secure your Car is.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 13, 2020
Every one here would agree that the best insurance is bendel insurance.
Below are some of its numerous benefits
1. Steal car at gunpoint. Robbers will turn to your driver. Drop you home and help you carry your bags to your doorstep. They then drive themselves to the police station and report themselves.
2. Car stolen when parked.
Option a. Robber after opening car will turn to washer man. Will wash seat plus engine even under the car. And then wait for you to arrest him.
Option B. Remote tracker. Bees will sting the robber till he return the car to the very spot it was stolen.
3.in case of accident when car tumbles you suddenly find yourself at the other side of the road seated watching the damage from afar. You Don turn breeze.
4. Accident caused by someone else he must buy new car or repair the whole car till its nearly new.
Price.... Yearly subscription 500 naira. Lifetime subscription 1200 with two eggs and one white fowl

Bendel insurance... .We care

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by rex750(m): 7:02am On Feb 13, 2020
ftc
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Kayleb01: 7:02am On Feb 13, 2020
I think insurance is a good thing but the problem with most of us is, we're too religious(which is not too bad strikes)

Covering the car in the blood of Jesus Christ is enough

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Slickest(m): 7:03am On Feb 13, 2020
Car trackers have antis... Insure your vehicles

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by PuZZyNegro: 7:03am On Feb 13, 2020
In Nigeria, most insurance companies hardly pay. I have been raising claims for my car damage in one of top insurance companies website but no one is answering me.

I bought another car and just installed tracker. The stress of raising claims here, you would save yourself the time and repair your car.

Besides, in a year, your car may not incur any damage that would require insurance working on it and you will be gifting them free money

20 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Slickest(m): 7:03am On Feb 13, 2020
Kayleb01:
I think insurance is a good thing but the problem with most of us is, we're too religious(which is not too bad strikes)

Covering the car in the blood of Jesus Christ is enough
Now that is some funny shiii grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Ifiegboria(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2020
I quite agree with you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by NigeriaBam: 7:04am On Feb 13, 2020
grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Connoisseur(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2020
Salient points.
I need to call AxaMansard asap
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by iCauseTrouble: 7:05am On Feb 13, 2020
It's like Seun has increased the salary of the admin in the Auto section. grin grin Imagine 4 car topics on Frontpage this early morning!!!

14 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Passionate888: 7:05am On Feb 13, 2020
I once read a book by John Grisham titled 'THE RAINMAKER', a woman took a life insurance policy on her family, when her son was down with leukemia, that was when the insurance company started bringing up excuses in other not to pay out. I have had that mindset ever since about insurance companies.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by bikerboy1(m): 7:06am On Feb 13, 2020
Very true OP

I will go for Car Insurance over car tracker any day.

But if you can afford both, better

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by UCyril: 7:06am On Feb 13, 2020
Most insurance companies in Nigeria are fraudulent, they will not pay you. Just imagine what Niger insurance are doing to there customers. Some people are yet to collect there money even after many years of saving plan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by ironheart(m): 7:06am On Feb 13, 2020
How much percentage is paid to the insured? I meant after devaluation?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by UdyOgwoUde(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2020
If you're in Nigeria, kindly take OP's advice at your own peril

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Badmod: 7:09am On Feb 13, 2020
This things are not the same.
Insurance might even start requiring car trackers sef.
It's like saying car AC is better than Car Radio.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by fordunit(m): 7:09am On Feb 13, 2020
PuZZyNegro:
In Nigeria, most insurance companies hardly pay. I have been raising claims for my car damage in one of top insurance companies website but no one is answering me.

I bought another car and just installed tracker. The stress of raising claims here, you would save yourself the time and repair your car.

Besides, in a year, your car may not incur any damage that would require insurance working on it and you will be gifting them free money

If you are confident you didn't breach anybody the clause. Go to court and take your claim plus damages.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by drkay(m): 7:10am On Feb 13, 2020
Hmmmm. Paying 250k per anum to insurance company ln just 1 car no beans sha.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by simhost: 7:13am On Feb 13, 2020
9ja
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by owolabi5: 7:17am On Feb 13, 2020
Nice Post

For processing of your new vehicle registration (Lagos number plate), change of ownership, renewal of vehicle particulars such as vehicle licence, hackney permit, third-party and comprehensive insurance, roadworthiness certificate, heavy duty permit, driver's licence processing and renewal, please call: 08033539981 or 08182880902. Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by LegalOpinion: 7:17am On Feb 13, 2020
Connoisseur:
Salient points.
I need to call AxaMansard asap

This for me, is the best insurance company in Nigeria. I have been using them for over 10 years now, from GTAssure to AXA Mansard.

Quick response to claims.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by infogenius(m): 7:17am On Feb 13, 2020
OP u try. Nice piece of timely information

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Nickshrapnel: 7:17am On Feb 13, 2020
Where is AutoJoshNg
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by lyriclekidd(m): 7:17am On Feb 13, 2020
Okay
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Yohh: 7:18am On Feb 13, 2020
Like how much does it cost to insure a corolla 2005?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Or VIO: Who Should Check Road Worthiness Certificate? / Dubai Plans To Introduce Flying Drone Taxis By July (video) / Which Car Is The Most Stolen In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.