Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians (54264 Views)

Again IELTS Fee Increased / Sevis Fee Increased From $200 To $350, SEVP Annouces Changes To Program Fees / Which One Will You Prefer? 300k Monthly Salary Vs 2 Yrs American Visa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Sparkle777(f): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
So so.long long talks. Na how much e be? How much is visa fee now,I need figures.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by peeps4u: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
yimu
excuses
they're going to increase it more, watch out

That's your opinion and it holds no water.

USA has given reason for the increased fee and it has nothing to do with #80Nigerians or Obi. They've openly accused Nigerian govt of first increasing same fee for its citizens and as a result, they also have to increase same fee for Nigerians.

Let's no divert from real issue.

Let's ask govt if it didn't increase the fee for Americans as alleged.

The govt is only making life harder for its common citizens. The politicians will enter usa with diplomatic visa and they even have enough money to buy citizenship over there through investment but their policies are making things harder for common people. Example is this visa. A lot of common Nigerians will be affected by this ugly development while it has no effect on the people in govt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
Nigeria will be Great again!!!!
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
Stay in ya shithole country

they don't want no scammers and fraudsters
ntoooooor

they should even increase it more so that only affluent people would be able to travel abroad and not all these hungry, struggling wannabe fraudsters with ulterior motives cheesy cheesy cheesy

Elitism at its finest, they need to ban all you rich niggas first , because you support an oppressive social structure.

At the end of the day, America just doesn't want immigrants, the crime stuff is just an opportunity.

Get it.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Burger01(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
Fuckyoumod:
receive sense and power to comprehend.... Amen
Some people can't read. cheesy
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by tot(f): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
Revenue making machine. I pity Nigerians.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Rilwayne001: 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
JubrilBuhari:
grin cheesy

Na thunder go fire you grin grin grin grin lwtmb
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by peeps4u: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
Burger01:
Reciprocity fee... I now understand.

Nigerian government is a failure undecided

Big one.

Imagine how much it will exploit other countries if it were a country like USA. To think Nigerian visa is costiler than Usa visa and Nigeria still had to increase it again.

1 Like

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by nextstep(m): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
Beautyaddy:
What took the US embassy this long to do this?

Nigeria embassy have already been doing it the US citizens trying to obtain Nigerian visas. cheesy

Reciprocity is what they say, but we know that when an American works to earn $100, it takes a Nigerian almost 8 times the labor to produce that amount... so the "pain" of $100 in US is like $800 in Nigeria. It's not really reciprocal. Not to mention the cost of living for their staff deployed in Nigeria is way cheaper than Nigerian staff deployed to US.

Anyways, those who want to go will still find 2-4 million Naira to go, even though it can start a very good business here.

I've been using this 8x factor since the GDP per person is US is about 8x Nigeria, and in comparing average middle-class wages, yet the cost of most goods of comparable quality (e.g cars, phones, even cement) does not change much between countries.

2 Likes

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by aldexrio(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
Esejojo:
Na wa. They are stylishly recovering the monies that the Internet fraudsters stole from their citizen.
Bros na so. No dulling.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by wink2015(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
IF I MAY I DIGRESS A LITTLE.

CAN A US RESIDENT SEND WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER TO NIGERIA PRESENTLY?

I HAVE BEEN HEARING DIFFERENT VERSION THAT IT HAS BEEN STOP DUE TO THE ACTIVITIES OF FRAUDSTERS WHOM US FBI HAVE PICKED SOME NIGERIANS THAT WERE INVOLVED.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Burger01(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
peeps4u:

Big one.

Imagine how much it will exploit other countries if it were a country like USA. To think Nigerian visa is costiler than Usa visa and Nigeria still had to increase it again.
I just keep wondering what they do with money raked in. Nigeria is too corrupt and Nigerians are not helping matter by voting in incompetent leaders.. smh sad
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by scernado77(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
but this is rather unfair na...not even now that am planning on travelling to USA soon...

pls check my signature
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Rubicon67(m): 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Esejojo:
Na wa. They are stylishly recovering the monies that the Internet fraudsters stole from their citizen.

Lol...you won't kill person with your analysis of the situation but that's another way of looking at it.

Nice one.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by LewinskyMon: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Beautyaddy:
What took the US embassy this long to do this?

Nigeria embassy have already been doing it the US citizens trying to obtain Nigerian visas. cheesy
tongue
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
It's a step taken to equalize Nigeria's charges of visa applications from the US, hence the principle of reciprocity therein stated.

Got nothing to do with your scammer brothers' actions abroad.

1 Like

Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Commentor: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
fuckerstard:
Lol, yet they will still deny most of una

You no follow join abi?
grin
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by sylve11: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
Esejojo:

grin grin cool
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
Commentor:

You no follow join abi?
grin

I never reason am for once, maybe when i get legit reason to go sha.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
People just talking trash here.

they never read a single line from the news up there.

Very anyhow youths we have in this country with few exception.

But the funny thing about the larger set is that they think they are wise and learned.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nukilia: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
peeps4u:

Go and read the news first. The news says USA is increasing the fee as a reciprocal fee for Nigerian citizens because Nigerian govt increased same for USA citizens and that Nigeria even charges Americans for its visa more than US charges Nigerians.
Go and read the report. Not everything is about yahoo yahoo guys please.

May your days be long! Trump is not willing to take rubbish from any country
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by chronique(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
As usual, most Nigerians won't read before commenting.
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by centboy123456(m): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2019
Abalado:
Even if they increase to billions of Nigeria, when is my own time to go, I will surely have the money to pay then, even when it was cheaper than this many people couldn't go, God please no matter the increament, let my time come asap to go

amen amen amen I receive it bro no mata how they increase it when it my time I will get there
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by repogirl(f): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
Isn't it funny that a Visa to Nigeria is so expensive, meanwhile our borders are open to those from Mali, Niger and Chad?
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Difrent: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
SOPWriter:
In my opinion, I do not think the fee increment has something to do with keeping international students out of the United States. There is probability that the SEVP needs to improve their services to visa applicants, therefore the need for the price adjustment; in order to generate more revenue.

Means you didn't read the post.... Its stated bin there the reason which is reciprocal because Nigerian government had earlier done same for US citizens..... except if I didn't get what you were trying to say
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
Stay in ya shithole country

they don't want no scammers and fraudsters
ntoooooor

they should even increase it more so that only affluent people would be able to travel abroad and not all these hungry, struggling wannabe fraudsters with ulterior motives cheesy cheesy cheesy

Except that there are also successful fraudsters. Invictus would have gotten a visa straight
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
blackfyre?
ornicus:

Except that there are also successful fraudsters. Invictus would have gotten a visa straight
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by centoqoh(m): 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
Wait o! People still go to the US?

US is nt in my top 5destination countries!
Re: American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians by Hillybankz(m): 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Pls can anyone help me with a good agent for a south African visa.. I need it asap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park Night Views (Photos) / Before And After Photos Of Oshodi, Lagos / Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.