Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students (40473 Views)

Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum / UNILORIN Increases Tuition Fee By More Than 100%’ / UNIOSUN Increases Tuition Fees By 140 Percent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Risingblue008(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
I'll only attend such a university if they do lecture how to roll and smoke weed,couple and dismantle guns,sharp sharp loosing of brain-box,scale tru fence,piracy and lastly how to overthrow buhari wit dis I can even pay more. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
Please I have a question.

What is the employment rate of Convenant graduates? is there a known statistics online? Do they get employment of at least 200k per month for starters?

"What shall it profit a man to spend almost 5million to obtain an undergraduate degree and eventually get a monthly job of 60k"

The very wrong mentality Nigerians continue to have. Acquiring quality education goes beyond being employable. Most Covenant University graduates I've come across are really smart people.

And as for employment, I'll tell you for free that an employer hardly ever passes a Covenant University graduate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by NORSYK(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:
I advised parents to avoid sending their children to such schools rather they should look for cheap university abroad and send them. Where they can be exposed to opportunities and most likely employment.
Spending such amount of money in Nigeria university is not encouraging. Nigerian need more of skills acquisition than certificate.

Exactly my thought

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Ayor93(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
While my total tuition all through my undergraduate days is below 300k

And what has cheap tuition fee done for you so far?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by naijadrivablog: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
Na wa o. Just the school fees for new Engineering students per session can train one in a public university from year 1, up to year 2 (feeding etc included).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by WarriAproko: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
And nah tite and offering money dem take build am. We're poor man pikin for d church wan go. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Wickedfacts: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
People would pay all these fees and come out to be selling perfume oils and small chops on Instagram.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:
I advised parents to avoid sending their children to such schools rather they should look for cheap university abroad and send them. Where they can be exposed to opportunities and most likely employment.
Spending such amount of money in Nigeria university is not encouraging. Nigerian need more of skills acquisition than certificate.

You can’t find cheap universities giving good opportunities to immigrants with these amounts abroad, evaluating the fees based on the current Nigeria’s economy is like comparing an ant to a whale. Covenant University provides better opportunities, compared to other Nigerian universities. Quality education ain’t cheap.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Gaspardd(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Mine was below 30k. Some(faculty of arts) even around 20k lol...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by ajebuter(f): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
Firstorderwizard:

You be ajebo with that payment all through.
My first year payment in LASU was N1,570 including GNS textbook and that was just in 1996 oh..

From 200-400 Level,,my school fee was N270 ( for Arts, Languages and Humanities in LASU..

That's 1996-2000..

I wonder now oh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by UgoManchester(m): 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
Church-owned Schools are always expensive. This is school for the rich. After graduation, they will still be carrying files upandan searching for job. las las las..... educational system in Nigeria Na Big scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by OKorowanta: 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
Evil!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Emmaculate77(m): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
I think that depends on the school you attended. Abịa state university will cost a 100L student about 600k plus... But the worst of it all is that you won't see what you paid for - terrible laboratory with no equipment, fake x-ray result that is used used repeatedly for all the students even after paying the medical dues. Acceptance fee alone is 100k not to talk of the school fees, to check post utme result is 3k... Please if you can enjoy standard education in Covenant University with that amount, I think it's worth it. Quality stuffs always come at a price.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by madenigga(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
Please I have a question.

What is the employment rate of Convenant graduates? is there a known statistics online? Do they get employment of at least 200k per month for starters?

"What shall it profit a man to spend almost 5million to obtain an undergraduate degree and eventually get a monthly job of 60k"
i swear, these days going to expensive private schools does not guarantee anything.

even studying abroad self does not even guarantee anything.

imagine paying almost 10million just to go to uni, y not the parents take the child to a public school 2m is enough to take u through all the years well, then use that 8m to give to the child to stand, at least he would have an option to either do a nice business or look for a job

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by molesky(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Spending such amount of money in any Nigerian schools is unwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nostradamus: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2019
Risingblue008:
I'll only attend such a university if they do lecture how to roll and smoke weed,couple and dismantle guns,sharp sharp loosing of brain-box,scale tru fence,piracy and lastly how to overthrow buhari wit dis I can even pay more. undecided
they don't train assassin's there.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
Truth be told this fee regime is an incentive to steal, in a society like Nigeria.

Most of the patrons and top officials of these wonder-churches are the worst type of criminal roaming free within Nigeria's borders.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by cckalima: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Tarzan253:

You can’t find cheap universities giving good opportunities to immigrants with these amounts abroad, evaluating the fees based on the current Nigeria’s economy is like comparing an ant to a whale. Covenant University provides better opportunities, compared to other Nigerian universities. Quality education ain’t cheap.
that is a lie. I have people who studied in top universities abroad and a good number of them came back to look for jobs here. Those that got a job did with 8G connection. So ?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by czarina(f): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
0KNM:

Do they teach ‘how to kill Booboo’?
What happened to Omokoginimi?

Is she well? I found a "spec" for her and it seemed she laik am.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by osazsky(m): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
All these amt of money just for an invoice after 4 years,Nigeria invoices are useless no jobs after graduating while not channel these resources to foreign schs were u will be given certificate after 4 years

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Mrukk: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
Shenky:
This fees dey learn where Abuad dey grin
Really bro! Please how much is Abuad
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by osazsky(m): 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
Risingblue008:
look for one almajiri sch in the north were u can be trained on how to become a terrorist, that's what they do over there, we dont have such sch over here
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by TheWhiteLynchM(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:

Truer words have not been said.
With that kind of money I’d rather send my child to school abroad where he/she will be exposed to better communication connections and people with a whole different mentality that will shape them

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by cckalima: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

The very wrong mentality Nigerians continue to have. Acquiring quality education goes beyond being employable. Most Covenant University graduates I've come across are really smart people.

And as for employment, I'll tell you for free that an employer hardly ever passes a Covenant University graduate.
my friend don't say things without facts to back it up. You guys just make vague statements here. I have seen a good number of those who are not smart as you claimed and those who are. In all honesty can you compare a first class graduate from OAU to one from that your convenience in any course of study grin grin. Paying colossal sum for education doesn't make you outstanding or a Superman. It's how well you developed yourself that matters. Look at the very distinguished people in Nigeria today, many are products of public institutions even many of your lecturers in that school are all guys from public universities. So don't say employers hardly pass by convenient graduates. Will they jump at them without checking what's upstair?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Sidmond: 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
ajebuter:

You be ajebo with that payment all through.
My first year payment in LASU was N1,570 including GNS textbook and that was just in 1996 oh..

From 200-400 Level,,my school fee was N270 ( for Arts, Languages and Humanities in LASU..

That's 1996-2000..

I wonder now oh
shocked
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
czarina:
What happened to Omokoginimi?

Is she well? I found a "spec" for her and it seemed she laik am.
cheesy grin cheesy

Where have you been? And where is the spec you found for her? tongue
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
cckalima:
my friend don't say things you don't have facts to support it. You guys just make vague statements here. I have seen a good number of those who are not smart as you claim and those who are. In all honesty can you compare a first class graduate from OAU to one from that your convenience in any course of study grin grin. Paying colossal sum for education doesn't make you outstanding or a Superman. It's how well you developed yourself that matters. Look at the very distinguished people in Nigeria today, many are products of public institutions even many of your lecturers are all guys from public universities. So don't say employers hardly pass by convenient graduates. Will they jump at them without checking what's upstair.

Note that I did not make holistic statements... I used "most" "hardly." Employers would most often give them a chance to prove their mettle. I'm writing this matter-of-factly because I know.

By the way, I didn't graduate from Covenant... graduated from a Federal University.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by czarina(f): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
0KNM:
cheesy grin cheesy

Where have you been? And where is the spec you found for her? tongue
I've been around. You've been scarce yourself or so it seems.

The spec is juicy, just how she likes them. Log her in, she go see am.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
dhareh:
How many scolarship do they give to church members each season based on their performance in Jamb ?

There's JIm Ovia scholarship and David oyedepo scholarship for those that qualify.
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by cckalima: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

Note that I did not make holistic statements... I used "most" "hardly." Employers would most often give them a chance to prove their mettle. I'm writing this matter-of-factly because I know.

By the way, I didn't graduate from Covenant... graduated from a Federal University.
ok since you are a product of a federal University which I don't know. Are most of their graduates better than those from your own school? Needs a yes or no. No analysis
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by flourishing247: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2019
fullofgrace:

Indeed. Cheap university! Worthless certificate. You think all foreign universities are certified?
Re: Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students by Mhizrasy: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others / Mcpherson University In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.