Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,283 members, 7,849,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG (9471 Views)

Presidency Hawks Want FG To Seize Bonga Over $9.6bn Judgment Debt / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess / $9.6bn: British Firm Listing Nigeria Assets For Seizure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by dallyemmy: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2019
P & ID i no think say the company na genuine one, i doubt if e get website sef.
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by t2luv1: 10:28am On Aug 28, 2019
NwaNimo1:
Delay tactics......switching jurisdiction won't change anything.

America's judgement will be more severe!

It won't that I can assure you. The British judgement was bias because the company involved was a British registered company. US court will be more open in their findings. The company said they had invested $40million in the deal before it was cancelled but no document exist to actually show this really happened. Their $40million investment consists mainly of man hours they said were put into drafting the deal. Man hours is a judgemental call and can not be quantify. In US court you need to show monetary loss or damages. Most of the company claims were base on anticipated returns on investment which in itself is another judgemental call. The company sold bonds to investors with the promise of realising returns on their investment and when the deal was cancelled the bond holders were left holding the bag. As with any business risks is always part an investment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by follock007(m): 10:36am On Aug 28, 2019
Lordneez:
The western countries always want to use Africa countries, thats why we have to me smarter when we make deals with them.

Located inside West Africa and the in Astrology the Pluto/Neptune relationship is a Western package with the moon as its leader, Pluto is the tenth planet and Neptune is 9... Nigeria has 36 states which accounts for 9 (3+6=) and Abuja as the capital is Pluto... Is Nigeria not a western country this way? undecided

Even the emblem has an eagle on top of the situation and the eagle represents the moon or an emperor which is why our country is practicing a one sided politics... They prefer one party to have money and the other complaining bitterly instead of sharing everything equally. That's a monarchy and not politics...

The western countries especially the Americans are capitalists... The word Helicopter means Hell Capital and the Helicopter is an artificial form of the alien flying saucers we read in scifi... Those flying saucer is the moon and that is why it is the ruler of the star sign Can for people born on May. Remember may day to be a military jest, right? Good. A monarchy is also a military rule. This is why the Americans are mostly all about wars.
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by seunmsg(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2019
monkautos:

My brother you sabi lie jor
Let me ask you some questions
*when was the out of court settlement signed?
*what was the payment terms?
If you answer these questions correctly, you will agree with me that you can lie for africa

The out of court agreement was reached on April 29, 2015 and Nigeria was expected to pay $100 million immediately. Subsequently, $250 million should be paid every four months. So tell me, why did Jonathan refuse to pay the $100 million immediately if nothing was wrong with the agreement? I’m also expecting you to point out the lie in my post.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Yankee101: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2019
Very stupid action

Challenge them in your own courts in Nigeria.

Don't subscribe your sovereignty. By approaching any courts it means you believe in their jurisdiction and are ready to obey their court orders
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by stchinedu: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2019
WE?

I wonder who the 'WE', is or are. undecided

The last time i checked, 'WE' was in charge of our common purse and was never concerned about those down the ladder.

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by RZArecta2(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2019
seunmsg:

[s]Why should we pay a $850 million to a very dubious company that never invested a kobo in Nigeria? How come some of you are so unreasonable because you hate the president? What is the justification for paying the dubious sum of $850 million to the company?

Jonathan was Vice President when the deal was signed. He became president some few months later and refused to fulfill the terms of the contract. Some few weeks to handover, he signed an out of court settlement with the company in a very dubious manner but didn’t have the balls to pay. So, you expected the new government to just hand over $850 million of Nigeria’s money to the company based on a last minute dubious negotiation? Is that how you will run Nigeria if you ever become president? Sigh!

Let me make this clear to you and other misinformed wailers, Nigeria will not pay $9 billion to that criminal company and their PDP collaborators[/s].
ok Mr Informed Zombie, please pay the $9 billion and stop pretending to be intelligent. Have a great day sir cool
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by grandstar(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2019
Its best he Buhari can do is to ask a skillful negotiator to bring down the fine down

I'm sure if properly negotiated, it can be brought down to around $600m if the plaintiff is paid off immediately rather than waiting decades to see 10% of the promised $9.6billion

1 Like

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2019
monkautos:

My brother you sabi lie jor
Let me ask you some questions
*when was the out of court settlement signed?
*what was the payment terms?
If you answer these questions correctly, you will agree with me that you can lie for africa

This is why you look the way you do on your profile picture. Because even any insect with the tiniest of brains will deduce that this is a scam perpetrated by this company and her collaborators as well as the UK courts
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2019
safetyInspector:
By the time they will finish the challenge the interest would have increased the size of the award to 14b USD. Like play like play the final award judgment of $6.5b in January 2017 is currently at $9.6b.

So would you rather the country pay this money to the fraudulent company? A company without a track record of investments in oil and gas and wants to claim a damage for a project that was never even started!

Better not start a business if this is the reasoning you take with you into it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2019
seunmsg:

So, what should we call the AGF, Petroleum minister and president that signed the criminal contract that put us in this mess?

They are criminals, that's what!

I can bet both of my balls that this company is owned (offshore) by one or two of those PDP bastards!

2 Likes

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by monkautos(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2019
jayfolarin:

This is why you look the way you do on your profile picture. Because even any insect with the tiniest of brains will deduce that this is a scam perpetrated by this company and her collaborators as well as the UK courts
Someone that is too ashamed to put a profile picture on his profile is insulting another person... See this buffon o
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2019
seunmsg:

Why should we pay a $850 million to a very dubious company that never invested a kobo in Nigeria? How come some of you are so unreasonable because you hate the president? What is the justification for paying the dubious sum of $850 million to the company?

Jonathan was Vice President when the deal was signed. He became president some few months later and refused to fulfill the terms of the contract. Some few weeks to handover, he signed an out of court settlement with the company in a very dubious manner but didn’t have the balls to pay. So, you expected the new government to just hand over $850 million of Nigeria’s money to the company based on a last minute dubious negotiation? Is that how you will run Nigeria if you ever become president? Sigh!

Let me make this clear to you and other misinformed wailers, Nigeria will not pay $9 billion to that criminal company and their PDP collaborators.
This is the biggest 419 scam ever pulled in colloboration wih fantastically corrupt politicians who sold out their county

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by OlujobaSamuel: 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
jayfolarin:

I can bet both of my balls that this company is owned (offshore) by one or two of those PDP bastards!
Sincerely, I've tried check online and I can't find anything reasonable about the coy online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
monkautos:

Someone that is too ashamed to put a profile picture on his profile is insulting another person... See this buffon o

I can assure you I don't look that dumb. I really really can assure you
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Sincerely, I've tried check online and I can't find anything reasonable about the coy online.

Even before the Govt came out to say this, I said this contract was probably designed to fail from the beginning. And was probably withdrawn from shadily on purpose as well, just to give ammo to the company to claim damages.

9billion dollars!!!!!!! Omoh, this bastards don't fear God at all o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by CeterisXVII: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
seunmsg:
Why should we pay a $850 million to a very dubious company that never invested a kobo in Nigeria? How come some of you are so unreasonable because you hate the president? What is the justification for paying the dubious sum of $850 million to the company?

Let me make this clear to you and other misinformed wailers, Nigeria will not pay $9 billion to that criminal company and their PDP collaborators.

You will not pay....what? I take God beg you, it is too early to start making people laugh. cheesy

Jonathan was Vice-President under Yaradua who had a full Minister of Petroleum, in the shape of Rilwan Lukman at that time.

Did anybody tell you that Jonathan supervised the petroleum minister? No. undecided

Your country should have conducted due diligence in the company, before even drafting a contract with them.

Your lawyers in the petroleum ministry, with the IOCs and NNPC should have reviewed the contract thoroughly, checked all the contingent liabilities to ensure Nigeria's interest was protected, before agreeing to it or letting the petroleum minister Rilwan Lukman sign off on it. sad

Then you should have gotten smarter lawyers, to represent you at the arbitration panel.

And you should have gotten capable lawyers who would have done their homework thoroughly and dug up the right facts, to help you win the case in the British courts. shocked

Now that a judgement of 9 billion USD has been gotten against Nigeria, you guys want to reject it, forgetting that these are not Nigerian courts whose judges you can oppress, intimidate and sack at will over trumped up allegations, like you normally do down here. undecided

Your crude sales proceeds and other income is domiciled in foreign banks in the US. Those institutions over there, obey court orders unlike here. I am watching to see where this drama will end.... cheesy cool

seunmsg:
The out of court agreement was reached on April 29, 2015 and Nigeria was expected to pay $100 million immediately. Subsequently, $250 million should be paid every four months. So tell me, why did Jonathan refuse to pay the $100 million immediately if nothing was wrong with the agreement? I’m also expecting you to point out the lie in my post.

The total pay out from the out-of-court settlement, should have been 850 million USD.

Jonathan asked for a downward review of the total sum, and he was advised by the lawyers that it should not be more than 250 million USD maximum. sad

He asked them to renegotiate the deal downwards, and the company finally agreed to 650 million USD, after sticking to its guns.

Jonathan was about to sign off on it, just before the elections in 2015, but was unable to do so due to the intensity of the campaigns and upcoming elections. sad

He handed over to PMB in 2015. What did PMB do? shocked He ignored it in his usual style, forgetting that breaches of international contracts, have consequences.

He did not order an investigation into the company at that time, even though he had every opportunity to do so.

He did not ask CBN to furnish the lawyers with proof, to show if they invested 40 million USD like they claimed. He ignored a fine chance to have instructed the ministry of justice to challenge this fact, before the UK courts.

And from 2015 to 2019, what did PMB do to avert this looming disaster? Nothing....yet you want to pass the buck to Jonathan, who had taken steps to resolve the problem to a certain degree. Haba! Fear God, nah..... shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by maasoap(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
kaorama:
It is not an assault on me. Your administrative inefficiencies led to it. Stop this your Pontus Pilatism theory.

His administration inefficiencies? Oju ndun yin sir.
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by CeterisXVII: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
NwaNimo1:
Delay tactics......switching jurisdiction won't change anything.

America's judgement will be more severe!
Don't mind dem. sad It is Nigerian tax payers that I feel sorry for.
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by maasoap(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
RZArecta2:
ok Mr Informed Zombie, please pay the $9 billion and stop pretending to be intelligent. Have a great day sir cool

Paying that amount of money means more wailing for the wailers only if you know the potential effects on the local economy
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by middlebelter(m): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
seunmsg:

I am not in support of Nigeria paying the $850m nor should Nigeria succumb to threat of asset seizure b without giving a fight.

Some of us has always been saying that yar'dua Government did much damage to this economy , perhaps next to Abacha regime . A Government that did not allow the VP to have a say with Anthony General & Minister of Justice like Andoaka , and Minister of Petroleum Like Lukman Rilwane all so powerful and not being checked by and ailing president?

The consequences of the vacuum of power is what we are reaping today? Have we learnt any lesson? I doubt.

GEJ cannot be completely absolved of blame. Nigerians need to know what his Administration did to prevent this calamity. PMB should also tell us what his Administration has been doing to prevent this kind of absurd judgement, since assumption of power in 2015. Now the National Assembly is hiding behind their annual vacation? The entire members of Nigerian Parliament should be jailed if this Judgement should crystallize. What have they been doing? So none of them is aware of the imminent danger ? Why have they not alerted the country and called PMB and his Justice Minister to question?.

WE ARE WATCHING! PMB, APC, PDP. SENATE & HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE NOTHING MUST HAPPEN TO OUR MONEY.

I implore the media, to fight on the side of Nigerians on this matter. The foreign fraudster and the Nigerian collaborators must not be allowed to get away with this. We shall come back after winning the case to request for punishment for all the collaborators.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by OlujobaSamuel: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
middlebelter:

I am not in support of Nigeria paying the $850m nor should Nigeria succumb to threat of asset seizure b without giving a fight.

Some of us has always been saying that yar'dua Government did much damage to this economy , perhaps next to Abacha regime . A Government that did not allow the VP to have a say with Anthony General & Minister of Justice like Andoaka , and Minister of Petroleum Like Lukman Rilwane all so powerful and not being checked by and ailing president?

The consequences of the vacuum of power is what we are reaping today? Have we learnt any lesson? I doubt.

GEJ cannot be completely absolved of blame. Nigerians need to know what his Administration did to prevent this calamity. PMB should also tell us what his Administration has been doing to prevent this kind of absurd judgement, since assumption of power in 2015. Now the National Assembly is hiding behind their annual vacation? The entire members of Nigerian Parliament should be jailed if this Judgement should crystallize. What have they been doing? So none of them is aware of the imminent danger ? Why have they not alerted the country and called PMB and his Justice Minister to question?.

WE ARE WATCHING! PMB, APC, PDP. SENATE & HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE NOTHING MUST HAPPEN TO OUR MONEY.

I implore the media, to fight on the side of Nigerians on this matter. The foreign fraudster and the Nigerian collaborators must not be allowed to get away with this. We shall come back after winning the case to request for punishment for all the collaborators.
Apt. No more no less
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by itu404(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
Where is Reno Omokri and FFK hope thy are alive and well grin grin
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by baby124: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Punishment for all collaborators should be done before the case goes to court in the US. So that Nigeria can have a leg to stand on in this case. They can also pursue criminal prosecution and fines against the said company for conspiring with fraudsters to defraud Nigeria. An obviously flawed contract that shows that it was entered into with bad intent will not stand in courts. Especially US courts. Nigeria however needs to prosecute its fraudsters here before proving that point in the US.

1 Like

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by TruthinAction: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
Just like the Fulanis mortgaged our future through unreasonable partnership deal of Shell and NNPC that carts away millions of barrels of oil daily that is unaccounted for.
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by TSRC: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
jayfolarin:

Your President just appointed PDP people as his.ministers.
And you are still busy shouting PDP up and down.
I pity you.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by safetyInspector(m): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
And your government cant prove beyond reasonable doubt before the competent Court that the Company is fraudulent, has no track record in oil and gas industry and also claiming damage for a project that was never started? Do you think that International Courts are kangaroo Nigerian Courts?
jayfolarin:

So would you rather the country pay this money to the fraudulent company? A company without a track record of investments in oil and gas and wants to claim a damage for a project that was never even started!

Better not start a business if this is the reasoning you take with you into it

1 Like

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Ritchiee: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
l
Islie:

Buhari orders EFCC , NIA to probe 2010 controversial contract

Deal was designed to fail ab initio , says AGF Malami

Judgment, an assault on every Nigerian – Finance minister

https://punchng.com/were-challenging-uk-courts-9-6bn-judgment-in-us-fg/

hmmm
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
safetyInspector:
And your government cant prove beyond reasonable doubt before the competent Court that the Company is fraudulent, has no track record in oil and gas industry and also claiming damage for a project that was never started? Do you think that International Courts are kangaroo Nigerian Courts?

That's the problem with brainwashed lots. Y'all think, if it's foreign, it's best, incorruptible and God's mouth and ears.

I can assure you that government was bought and paid for. If you think foreign courts are incorruptible, your head is way in too deep in propaganda bro
Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by CeterisXVII: 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2019
safetyInspector:
And your government cant prove beyond reasonable doubt before the competent Court that the Company is fraudulent, has no track record in oil and gas industry and also claiming damage for a project that was never started?
Do you think that International Courts are kangaroo Nigerian Courts?
The Nigerian govt had ample time and opportunity, to prove that the company had no track record in oil and gas, during arbitration as well as during the court hearing, in the UK. They failed to do so.

Only God knows the incompetent lawyers that represented Nigeria at both places.

1 Like

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by safetyInspector(m): 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
You are just beating around the Bush, simply tell me why they failed woefully? At least James Ibori case was a clear sample on how better they are over that of Nigeria.
Have you also forgotten how EFCC refused Deizani Alison to come back to face her trial because of the fear of your wonderful court? The same Judiciary Buhari claimed to have been sanitizing. Please look for another defense.
jayfolarin:

That's the problem with brainwashed lots. Y'all think, if it's foreign, it's best, incorruptible and God's mouth and ears.

I can assure you that government was bought and paid for. If you think foreign courts are incorruptible, your head is way in too deep in propaganda bro

1 Like

Re: We’re Challenging UK Court’s $9.6bn Judgment In US –FG by mekuxiani(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2019
seunmsg:

So, what should we call the AGF, Petroleum minister and president that signed the criminal contract that put us in this mess?
have you gone through the contract

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Is A Courageous And An Exemplary Leader - Tinubu / DUTSE ...from Village To City / Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.