Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank (1371 Views)

Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn / I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by OmoTier1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2010
Illegal transfer: Poly student wrongly credited with N9.3bn is a crook — FirstBank
| Print | E-mail
Written by Lanre Adewole
Monday, 25 October 2010

As the nation continues to serenade a student of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Durojaiye Adeyemi Job, who reportedly returned N9.3 billion wrongly credited to his account by FirstBank Plc, a new twist has crept into the saga with the bank authorities accusing him of being a fraud, while calling on Nigerians to stop feting him as a national hero.

The bank in a memo dated October 6, 2010 to the Chairman of Oyo State ANCOR, the volunteer arm of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), the bank claimed that information available to it showed that Job wanted to withdraw more than N20, 000 that he eventually returned but for the quick rectification of the computer error that credited the billions of naira to him in the first place.

The memo was a response to the one earlier written to the bank by the ANCOR boss, seeking clarification from the bank before writing to anti-corruption agencies for official recognition of Job’s reported honesty as well as asking the bank to compensate him in order to encourage more Nigerians to embrace honesty.

Replying the anti-corruption campaigners, the bank in a three-page memo signed by Chief Internal Auditor, Ademola Adewale, and Akindipe. C.O of the Internal Audit Department, stated that: “On Friday 13/08/2010 between 6.36pm and 6.53pm, there was an incident where ATM displayed N9.3 billion on all FirstBank ATM cards.”

source:http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/12564-illegal-transfer-poly-student-wrongly-credited-with-n93bn-is-a-crook--firstbank
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by MiKenny(f): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2010
I wish the internal auditors could be jailed
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by bibiking1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2010
i would be shocke dif that Auditor does not lose his/her job after this unguarded utterance!
there are certain things that are best kept quiet and serenade, ,,,this is surely one of them FBN!
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by MiKenny(f): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
I also wished I was job, I would sue the FBN for character assasination when evidence abound that Job requested for 2k from his 3k and he 9.3b balance, better watch your mouth mr. auditor
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by slap1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
Why did it take them this long?
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
This is so reckless of FBN
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by OmoTier1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
How can a Bank credit every customer that has ATM card with a whooping 9.3bn (£372million)! What does this say about First Bank internal workings? If the dude was truly what the auditor claim He is (Fraudstar) why havent they handed him over to the EFCC? Why have they been holding on to useful information that could lead to the arrest and prosecution of an alleged criminal with unknown damage that criminal could cause to the public due to First Bank's in action? I think this highlights a number of worrying issues that needs sorting out when it comes to banking in Nigeria!
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by globalaid(m): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2010
this is the most useless memo from FBN, it is better to keep quiet than releasing this type of statement. Who are they trying to impress.
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by chosen04(f): 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2010
Pls blame it on MFM for claiming the dude ''returned what he never had in his possession'' . . . . . . .

And for rewarding mediocrity . . . . . . .
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by TORDOO(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2010
The bank management is trying to save their job,the probe should go on,i wish am in dis guy shoes
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2010
chosen04:

Pls blame it on MFM for claiming the dude ''returned what he never had in his possession'' . . . . . . .

And for rewarding mediocrity . . . . . . .

Do u know what u r saying at all?Why will MFM be blamed and what will they be blamed for?Were they the one that announced the guy to the nation or who told u they were the frist to honour him?
Better carry ur beef to another place.
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by chosen04(f): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2010
nikkykay:

Do u know what u r saying at all?Why will MFM be blamed and what will they be blamed for?

They are the ones that rewarded a mediocre without waiting for the bank to come out with their stance on the issue.

BTW, how can they claim the dude returned what was never in his possession?

nikkykay:

?Were they the one that announced the guy to the nation or who told u they were the frist to honour him?

Who announced the dude to the nation? The mediocre personally announced himself by approaching the media houses and making claims of honesty that was a charade.

Who else has also honoured the dude? No body execept ofcourse his family and his church-MFM.
Re: Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook -firstbank by folem: 11:18am On Oct 26, 2010
chosen04:

They are the ones that rewarded a mediocre without waiting for the bank to come out with their stance on the issue.

BTW, how can they claim the dude returned what was never in his possession?

Who announced the dude to the nation? The mediocre personally announced himself by approaching the media houses and making claims of honesty that was a charade.

Who else has also honoured the dude? No body execept ofcourse his family and his church-MFM.

I have no doubt that  Job was as fraudulent as they come, but if the FBN memo is to be believed, why is Job the only one in several hundreds of FBN branches nationwide that tried to "steal" what does not belong to them in that 17 minutes window?

The Polytechnic Ibadan was the first to reward Job's so-called honesty by awarding him scholarship.
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mass Arrest Of Militants In Rivers / My Party Will Fail In Ekiti – ACN Senator / The Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.