Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman (6848 Views)

Protests In Benin As INEC Announces Results (Photos Video) / Buhari Appoints A.O. Folorunsho As Commandant For Nigerian Army School Infantry / Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by anonimi: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
October 22, 2015

Following demand by several readers for proof that the out gone Executive Secretary, Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Dr. Ahmed Modibbo Mohammed got N850 million from Education Tax Fund (ETF), now TETFund, we hereby publish the following:

1. Copy of the letter from Modibbo to his colleague in ETF, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu requesting the release of the N850 million for “procurement of additional classroom sitting materials (CKD) for junior secondary schools-release of the 85% take-off grant.”
Dated 7th September, 2007, this was the first official assignment undertaken by Modibbo who assumed office three days earlier.

2.Copy of page 26 of Daily Trust newspaper of Friday, August 22, 2008 (a year later) where Modibbo announced “Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Firms to Tender for the Production and Supply of Plastic Desks and Chairs for Junior Secondary Schools.”

The then UBEC boss announced in the opening paragraph of the third column of the advertorial: “UBEC, a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Education HAS RECEIVED financial support from the Education Tax Fund (ETF) and intends to apply the PROCEEDS for the procurement of high-grade impact resistant copolymer resin desks and chairs for the basic education sub sector at the states and FCT level in Nigeria.”

As a consequence of a court order obtained by the firms that originally won the contract, Intermarkets Nig. Ltd and Intermarkets USA, stopping UBEC from re-awarding the contract to any other firm, no single chair or desk was purchased with the N850 million ETF released in September 2007.

Modibbo and Yakubu have both left office without declaring the whereabouts of the N850 million meant for the plastic chairs and desks. If N850 million was fixed in September 2007, at 14 per cent interest rate, the minimum current value now would be N1.6 billion which neither Modibbo nor Yakubu has provided answers to.

From: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/how-new-inec-boss-vanished-with-n850-million/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by bluaero(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
shocked
Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
>shocked
Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by ernesty20(m): 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by lloydtruth: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
there is a big question mark in buhari's anti-corruption crusade, most of the people he appoints into public offices, have question marks, integrity-wise, many of them still members of PDP he accused of destroying Nigeria in 16years, coupled with this his northernization, is buhari for here for Nigeria or here for northern Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by v4victor: 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
I love Buhari ooo but ein fail this one

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Aromas: 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
The People working here Education Tax Fund (ETF) dey enjoy no be small.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by hinwazaka: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
I pity the President. He is day, after day diging a grave for himself. He thinks, he can just appoint people from the Sky, and NOONE will know about their past deeds. I can recall both Metuh and Rev Kukah both said that there is NOONE he can appoint, that Nigerians do not know, or does not have someone who knows them. With Fashola, Amaechi, Daura and this new clown, the President has just bought a loaded gun and has it pointed at his forehead.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Mogidi: 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
Modibbo and Yakubu have both left office without declaring the whereabouts of the N850 million meant for the plastic chairs and desks. If N850 million was fixed in September 2007, at 14 per cent interest rate, the minimum current value now would be N1.6 billion which neither Modibbo nor Yakubu has provided answers to.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by fistonati(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2015
Forget who is involved, corruption is in our blood

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by owobokiri(m): 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
I guess this proves that the so called fight against corruption is all about the more you look the less you see.. Even for his worst critics, this is an all time low... How can a government that prides herself as a government of change and a government that claims to be fighting corruption imposing as the electoral umpire a man engrossed deeply in a corrupt case? What kind of hypocritical government is this?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by aljharem(m): 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
smh
Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Yanks101: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
Damn.
What a mess.
I am not surprised.
For a govt that appointed amaechi, nobody is too corrupt for political appointment as long you have an APC affiliation.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by hedonistic: 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
TETFUND is a hotbed of corruption for those who know, and I was shocked to see this a.bo.ki thief who stole billions at TETFUND rewarded with INEC chairmanship. Is this the so-called Saint Buhari that is reputed to have zero tolerance for corruption? Is this what Nigerians have been scammed into?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Yanks101: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
lalastica
Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Firefire(m): 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
Wonderful!

Lalasticlala it's true, why is Buhary appointing people with questionable character in an administration that promised CHANGE ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Firefire(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
Modibbo and Yakubu have both left office without declaring the whereabouts of the N850 million meant for the plastic chairs and desks.

If N850 million was fixed in September 2007, at 14 per cent interest rate, the minimum current value now would be N1.6 billion which neither Modibbo nor Yakubu has provided answers to.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Trut(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nigerians are displaying their hypocrisy on this thread, nobody want to comment because it's not GEJ/PDP that appoint a criminal as INEC chairman. The thread has over 1k view with few comments.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by likata: 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Trut(m): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lalasticlala do the needful asap.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by baby124: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
If Buhari is serious. He should be aressted ASAP. Someone who can steal from education funds is the worst human being

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Trut(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
Front page

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by PHfinest(m): 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Santa Modibbo

Ora Pro Nobis

cheesy
Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by dkronicle(m): 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
I just feel happy. **am waiting for that introvert pop corn girl**

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by chronique(m): 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
Some Nairaland APC members would soon come and explain to you how the money was utilized. They always have a defence for any of Buhari's flaws/errors cos saint Buhari can make no mistake.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
okada man stop me here, how much be ur money?
barman abeg sama me and every member in this house a bottle of st remy and a plate of dried buhari fish.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lool... expecting paid goons to be here... una go old... I hope everyone now sees dat buhari is also a corrupt grannie...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Habakus: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
When they say Buhari is fighting against corruption,i just shake my head and feel great pity for this country. You're fighting against corruption yet you've supported the appointment of all the well known corrupt people in the country? Then who else are the corrupt politicians? Ghosts? Or the unfortunate scape goats? Let them keep on deceiving those who want to be deceived...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Yanks101: 12:10am On Oct 23, 2015
It is a shame that this thread is not on the FP yet.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by basilo101: 12:27am On Oct 23, 2015
Buhari, the bigot. anti-corruptiion crusade is a sham

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by Trut(m): 2:46am On Oct 23, 2015
basilo101:
Buhari, the bigot. anti-corruptiion crusade is a sham

He used the anti corrupted noise to hoodwink his gullible followers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints A Crook as INEC Chairman by likila: 2:49am On Oct 23, 2015
when i call him buhari and the forty thieves, una think i lie.
ee be like say i go join this biafra thingy to escape from buhari hand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Can No Longer Pay N18,000 Minimum Wage – Governors / See What Happens If Nigeria Does It Like China (pic) - Cramjones / Se What Namdi Kanu Told Court During Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.