Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,360 members, 7,843,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) (26394 Views)

Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East / Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Habu Sarkin-Fulani: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice From ‘Buhari’s Storekeeper’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by IMASTEX: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by ithink7: 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
F

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by sykeng(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
This is what I'm talking about, Nigeria Government frustrating Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by naijaboy756: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
David7wgdbd:
Hmmmmm
stale scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by EstrellaMarie: 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
PureGoldh:

But Mr President said that we should invest more in the agricultural sector.... Did he not say that? lipsrsealed

You don't have to take that serious, it was a political statement, there wouldn't be herdsmen/farmers clash if he meant it.

The Fulani have to be in charge of the food you eat, they won't allow you to produce or grow food. Buhari wants to make sure Nigerians depend on the core North for food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWlM_-R5P4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by ithink7: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
Probably order from above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
mount olive, the simplest man. I believe all what he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by TSRC: 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
EstrellaMarie:

Why should you produce rice, do you want the Northern Rice Smugglers to go broke?
Leave farming/food for Northerners or else, you will pay for it.
All the Rice the Christians will consume this Christmas must come from the Sahel cool cool cool

Just look at the damage abokiis are inflicting on our economy.
They undermine our economy in every possible way.

The heavily loaded bikes were just pouring in like ants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by PureGoldh(m): 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
EstrellaMarie:

You don't have to take that serious, it was a political statement, there wouldn't be herdsmen/farmers clash if he meant it.

The Fulani have to be in charge of the food you eat, they won't allow you to produce or grow food. Buhari wants to make sure Nigerians depend on the core North for food

I understand bro... just don't wanna side any region..

One thing I believe in is this.. If one actually wants the best for him/herself..if he or she works hard.... There is no way he will not enjoy dx life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by EstrellaMarie: 7:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:

Just look at the damage abokiis are inflicting on our economy.
They undermine our economy in every possible way.

The heavily loaded bikes were just pouring in like ants.

Buhari has blocked Benin/Nigerian border so that Northerners can smuggle and sell rice to Southern Christians for Christmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by thatkindthing: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
i can see picture of rice but please where is the picture of the protest now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Fuckgovt: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
EstrellaMarie:

Why should you produce rice, do you want the Northern Rice Smugglers to go broke?
Leave farming/food for Northerners or else, you will pay for it.
All the Rice the Christians will consume this Christmas must come from the Sahel cool cool cool

then they poison it to kill xtains in mass. Nice strategy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by madenigga(m): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2019
I am a Nigerian from Imo and

I have an idea that i think would really help imo state greatly. Especially its economy.

I am of the notion that Okorochas Eastern palm university should not be used as a campus of IMSU.
Let the status quo remain or they shift it to Mbano zone as Rochas planned.

Instead let the Eastern palm University be used as a transport university, it would be the first in the south since the only available one is at Katsina.

This would naturally attract investment and improve the economy, cause i sense Nigeria is about to withness a boom in that sector.

WHATS YOUR TAKE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by sylve11: 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
everything yagayaga........ angry cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
sophilala:
Nigeria custom officers are bunch of thieves. Although in this case, customs could have received report that the man is repackaging imported rice.
Receiving report without search warrant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Risingblue008(m): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
I say dem want make hunger finish men for d country, abi u want make I shout'am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by jaymee0(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
sophilala:
Nigeria custom officers are bunch of thieves. Although in this case, customs could have received report that the man is repackaging imported rice.

I seriously don't think so. If he does that, he'll surely run at loss since he can't sell it for the same price. Nigerian rice should be cheaper than imported rice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by easytalking23(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
oshinadekunle:
no problem oga. we the federal government are working on it. be patient.
better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by mrikay: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
PureGoldh:
I just don't understand dx country anymore

Person no fit do genuine business again ni? And MR president is in Japan telling foreign investors to come into the country and invest here.

Who did we actually offend?

well.. if you need Original Unadulterated Honey

Call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771

you want Customs to come and cart away your honey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by PureGoldh(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2019
mrikay:

you want Customs to come and cart away your honey?

Lwkmd.... God no go gree my brother grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Ten06(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2019
Over zealousness of our security agents is destroying this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Tobastar: 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
This same man, if he decides to move his company out of frustration from Nigeria, several people will be Jobless seriously then the hunger he has been fighting to put a stop to ,will be reinforced coz if not for his branches in Oja -Tuntun market in Ilorin prices of goods will increase like hell ... Moreso, for the past six months his sales outlets do not sell foreign rice now i understand it's threat from custom or let's say FG or competitors it's bad in a country price of foreign rice as at last month was 13000 while Nigerian rice 13500 despite the sand and non challant attitude of the so called Nigerians but it has increased to 17000 now and students will soon resume to their various schools some kids can't do without consuming rice in a day... Well i pray God will save this nation and her citizens from everything (one) hindering her progress. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by capitalzero: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Aregbesola should call custom officers to order.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by don4real18(m): 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nbote:
Xmas season don dey reach for dem na... Tym to seize rice dey'll sell and share to demselves and their families...
U import things customs seize and impound dem...
U decide to do local business local govt and it's numerous task forces will frustrate U....
U decide enta road hustle, police will ruin U...
Oya give us passport na make we hustle visa comot, whosaaaaaiiii!!!
Dey shld jus share dis countries money and give me my own share, I no do again
Send me your account details. I will love to buy your share of the country. How much is it worth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by lereinter(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
What's the rationale of coming at 2 am to break his warehouse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Nbote(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=don4real18 post=81738317][/quote]
E no cost ooo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by madenigga(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2019
Commentor:
Install CCTV, take down names.

Go on social media with video.
wow has it gotten that bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Zubydeangelo(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
You said that they are frustrating your rice business. I put it to you that you are the one frustrating their 'foreign rice' business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by gabbasin(m): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2019
Before we comment on things like this we need to hear from NCS, probably the man might be using production of local rice as a cover to engage in warehousing and sales of smuggled rice. The custom operatives might even be overzealous. We need customs side of the story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by maasoap(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Sometimes when you are trying to solve a electro-mechanical problem you reach a point where you realize the damage to the equipment is severe. It can be fixed...and the fix will take an X amount of naira and a Y amount of effort and a Z amount of time to complete.

So you tabulate this inputs as total cost. Then you go to market and price a brand new model of the equipment.

You must make a decision. To toil on the defective equipment for 2months at a total cost of 150,000 naira and make it work again.....or to go buy the brand new at 65,000 naira tomorrow?

This is called cost/benefit analysis.

I believe Nigeria has reached a point someone need to make a decision....to keep working at fixing Nigeria for the next 100yrs and at great human loss......or to just demolish this shyyyte and replace it with a brand new nation.

Buhari is unfit for either tasks.

Buhari Buhari Buhari!!! May be the custom officers are corrupt, may be the rice man is lying, who knows? But shouting Buhari is a little bit off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by manitoba(m): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2019
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
mount olive, the simplest man. I believe all what he said.

They will sure return everything for Egbon Demola.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Also Speaking To YOU; EIE Replies Fayose On Plans To Join Protest / APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others / Lagos State Government Disowns Viral Video Of Sale Of Branded Waste Baskets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.