Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,968 members, 7,838,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) (26387 Views)

Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East / Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Habu Sarkin-Fulani: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice From ‘Buhari’s Storekeeper’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Hollar007(m): 5:06am On Aug 30, 2019
I've been to Mount olive farm at Ballah Village off Ogbomoso-Ilorin express the farm has a massive land and they have one of the biggest ambition in terms of farming in this country. I was working on contract with lafarge for farm roads but all I can say is this is injustice to the extreme and robbery on the path of the customs. They are killing the country self sustaining future. During my chat with the farm owner I know he has dedicated and sacrificed so much into the farm. He has running cost staff and he had to forfeit pleasure and lives on the farm without his family. The act by the customs is a robbery and they should be tried and pay damages to the farm. This is the same thing they did at sango ota some years back that Amosun had to come in and resolve the issue. The customs are thrive with the rookie ex-colonel leading them. If you look at their achievement its just news and decline in revenue except high dollar that makes the money high in our currency. The same way they closed seme border unnecessarily and blocked those planting tomatoes in imeko for their produce to waste but allows cows free passage. If citizens don't revolt against all these high handedness they continue to rob people in the name of customs
Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Coolgent(m): 6:13am On Aug 30, 2019
Aftermath Of voting APC aka satanic party.
Oga na your own people caused am
Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 6:32am On Aug 30, 2019
manitoba:

They will sure return everything for Egbon Demola.
that is stupid thing to do to chairman na. the person that don't even deal with government at all.
Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2019
What i am seeing here is that the Man no dey settle them on the road.

But after paying his tax to government, why should he settle again before he does his business in peace ?

Is that how APC government is supporting farming like they are making us believe ?
Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Sometimes when you are trying to solve a electro-mechanical problem you reach a point where you realize the damage to the equipment is severe. It can be fixed...and the fix will take an X amount of naira and a Y amount of effort and a Z amount of time to complete.

So you tabulate this inputs as total cost. Then you go to market and price a brand new model of the equipment.

You must make a decision. To toil on the defective equipment for 2months at a total cost of 150,000 naira and make it work again.....or to go buy the brand new at 65,000 naira tomorrow?

This is called cost/benefit analysis.

I believe Nigeria has reached a point someone need to make a decision....to keep working at fixing Nigeria for the next 100yrs and at great human loss......or to just demolish this shyyyte and replace it with a brand new nation.

Buhari is unfit for either tasks.
The best analysis so far for the problem beseting the nation. And sadly there is no solution in sight: this country needs to be dissolved, but who will do it?
Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by fa4oteejay: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2019
what political party are you supporting?
Re: Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) by Kfed4ril(m): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Sometimes when you are trying to solve a electro-mechanical problem you reach a point where you realize the damage to the equipment is severe. It can be fixed...and the fix will take an X amount of naira and a Y amount of effort and a Z amount of time to complete.

So you tabulate this inputs as total cost. Then you go to market and price a brand new model of the equipment.

You must make a decision. To toil on the defective equipment for 2months at a total cost of 150,000 naira and make it work again.....or to go buy the brand new at 65,000 naira tomorrow?

This is called cost/benefit analysis.

I believe Nigeria has reached a point someone need to make a decision....to keep working at fixing Nigeria for the next 100yrs and at great human loss......or to just demolish this shyyyte and replace it with a brand new nation.

Buhari is unfit for either tasks.
Bros na you be this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Elisha Abbo Arraigned For Assault / FG Appoints Okhiria, MD Of Nigeria Railway Corporation / Obasanjo: Nigeria Is Presently Dripping Bitterness, Sadness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.