Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA (12402 Views)

Dino & Atiku Now Reaping From Sinking PDP In 2015 Wike Had Told Dino He Cant Win / Federal Government Privatises Warri Port Terminal For N105 Billion / NPA Completes Warri Port Channel Dredging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by LazyGold(m): 6:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
There is a tremendous improvement as regards ship handling operations and an increase in ship traffic and revenue, such that over 200 vessels now berth in Delta Ports, Warri.

The development, brought about by a synergy among management of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), security agencies and other critical stakeholders, has brought back increased economic activities in the oil-rich city.

Chairman of NPA Board of Directors, Mr Emmnauel Olajide Adesoye, who chaired a stakeholders’ forum after his second on-the-spot assessment tour of the facility during the week in Warri, commended the improvement he had seen after his last visit in November 2016.

“The purpose is to have an on-the-spot assessment of the progress we’ve made by this port since our last meeting in November 2016.

“The current challenge is about the issue of dredging the channels in the port, particularly the terminals.

“We’re already taking action concerning it. So, there’s no problem. No time frame, but we are on it,” the chairman noted.

He expressed satisfaction at the improved security situation in the waterways which, he enthused, has brought about more vessels berthing at the port.

“I’m impressed with the security situation in the port. No security and safety issue. No vandalism. This was not so the last time we came.

“The management has lived true to its word and you can see the degree of improvement that has happened here.

“The number of ships has increased significantly and revenue has gone up.

“That’s what happens when there’s unity among stakeholders, management and the communities,” he stated, why responding to security issues raised by shipping agents.

Port Manager, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Delta Ports, Warri, Mr S. O. Okeke, at the forum, affirmed that the progress made in the last two years stemmed from the Executive Order of May 18, 2017, issued by then acting President Yemi Osinbajo in respect of ease of doing business in seaports.

Okeke said Warri Port was experiencing enhanced environment for business to thrive after keying into the policy, adding that it has transformed Warri Port into a business hub, especially after the remedial dredging of the Escravos Channels.

He noted that other achievements on record due to the order included the replacement of the critical buoys, repossession of trailer park, leasing of the trailer park which is now a Load Bay for trucks, illumination of the entire port and the upcoming towage services.

According to him, documentation and payment processes have witnessed improvement through e-payment, and e-SEN and revenue invoicing management systems (RIMS), among others.

Speaking on behalf of the Managing Director of NPA, Hadiza Bala Usman, Rufai Mohammed, stated that in recent times, only the regime of President Muhammadu Buhari has embarked on the dredging of the Warri terminals.

He said since the Federal Government was committed to improving the economic activities in the ports, more dredging is being carried out to encourage bigger vessels to berth in Warri Ports.

He, therefore, called on all stakeholders, especially host communities, to continue to maintain the peace for smooth operations in order to shore up economic activities.

Meanwhile, stakeholders from shipping firms such as Mr Sunny Iwuji and Akinwumi Akinyemi, called for more security to enable them to meet the global practice of 24 hours shipping activities as against the current 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. regime.

Stakeholders at the well-attended forum included Custom Area Controller (Edo/Delta), represented by Deputy Controller, Nnamdi Ebeatu, representatives of other security agencies, union leaders, management and staff of Delta Ports and captains of industries, among others.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/warri-port-reaping-from-executive-order-npa/amp/

Cc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by SLAP44: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Sunofgod(m): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Improved efficiency.......reduced costs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by naijadrivablog: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
kah kah kah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by LegendHero(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
Port Manager, Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Delta Ports, Warri, Mr S. O. Okeke, at the forum, affirmed that the progress made in the last two years stemmed from the Executive Order of May 18, 2017, issued by then acting President Yemi Osinbajo in respect of ease of doing business in seaports.

Jonathan ought to be tied to the stake and flogged till his buttocks turns red.

He governed for almost 5 years and he didn’t deem it fit to improve the condition of Warri port.

He is a weak southerner, he is not worthy of that president position that was given to him on a platter of gold!

70 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Hausaman(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
PMB at work, slow down.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by PureGoldh(m): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Hypnotism: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Dullard Buhari doing what Phd Ebele n PDP could not do in 16 years but will children of hate let us hear word, no as dem must wail.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by abrojunior94(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
200 vessels! definitely not in this Warri port that I work everyday

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Chinatown1759: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
More real life pictures for confirmation. This government too de like lie upandan

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by toprealman: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

He governed for almost 5 years and he didn’t deemed it fit to improve the condition of Warri port.

He is a weak southerner, he doesn’t deserve to be the president.
alongside the fake advisers he surrounded himself with..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by OLORIPAPA: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
This commendable....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by espn(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
Kikikikikikikikikiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by JimohMomoh: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

He governed for almost 5 years and he didn’t deemed it fit to improve the condition of Warri port.

He is a weak southerner, he is not worthy of that president position that was given to him on a platter of gold!

Am not a fan of Jonathan but always do research before commenting on public forum. Buhari is continuing from where Jonathan stopped.
Between 2012 and 2014 Jonathan's govt constructed two large Ship Berthing point that can handle any size of ship with ancillary facilities. One was built by Julius Berger and the other by CCECC. I left Abj to run some contracts there back then. The contract really provided a lot of jobs back then, although the Chinese were paying peanuts. Dredging was the next thing on ground b4 Jonathan was removed.

Meanwhile the pic attached is not warri port but Lagos's.
I can confirm that the escravos bar has been partially dredged but the Port is not functioning like the media/Party members(who are management staff or fear of their job) are painting it. Doubters can call any of their friend in Delta State to verify.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by bangbangall: 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
hahaahahaha... lie lie government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Temptee101(m): 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
Government of the media

Nigeria is working only on media

God punish buhari and all our thiefing polilooters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by hollywater: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

Your opinion bro,He was thinking like a real democract. He was busy building Amajiri schools thinking giving the northerners education, it will help to end Boko Haram. Unfortunately the same northerners bitread him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Kingray10: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

!
It wa no even buhari but but acting president which I his vice

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by LegendHero(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
hollywater:
Your opinion bro,He was thinking like a real democract. He was busy building Amajiri schools thinking giving the northerners education, it will help to end Boko Haram. Unfortunately the same northerners bitread him.

Please spare me that bro, what is the usefulness of the Almajiri school to the north? How many of those schools achieved the goals?

We should call a spade a spade, Jonathan shouldn’t be a model when talking about good leaders.

He can improve the condition of Warri port and inturn build any almajiri school he wants, no excuse for failure.

He even used the Almajiri school to siphon funds coz why the bleep will 165 block of schools cost 15billion.

Loyalty towards Jonathan shouldn’t blind people to the fact that he failed. At least if he had improved the condition of Warri port, things would have been different.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/n15-billion-almajiri-schools-in-ruins.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by sammyj: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
grin grin grin grin Oga Jonathan, PDP and children of hate!! How market grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by martowskin1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

Jona fall our hand... The guy mess up full time, for 6yrs he couldn't make a difference in the SS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Horlufemi(m): 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Chinatown1759:
More real life pictures for confirmation. This government too de like lie upandan

It's true o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Reference(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
It took trillions in lost trade, hundreds of souls perishing under collapsed container trucks for port operarions to be liberalised. Story of Nigeria. It takes a tragedy and more to reset thinking and kill sentiment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by hollywater: 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

Please spare me that bro, what is the usefulness of the Almajiri school to the north? How many of those schools achieved the goals?

We should call a spade a spade, Jonathan shouldn’t be a model when talking about good leaders.

He can improve the condition of Warri port and inturn build any almajiri school he wants, no excuse for failure.

He even used the Almajiri school to siphon funds coz why the bleep will 165 block of schools cost 15billion.

Loyalty towards Jonathan shouldn’t blind people to the fact that he failed. At least if he had improved the condition of Warri port, things would have been different.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/n15-billion-almajiri-schools-in-ruins.html
Like i said earlier, your opinion. Try to also respect mines.Jonathan is not only the president of the ND or Easterners,but the president of the whole Nigeria. He was doing the most important things, before he was caught shut.I know for sure Jonathan had a better for Nigeria and ND as well if he had come back again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by rockafela(m): 7:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
Which Warri port berths 200 ships? Thesame Warri port I de look so or other Warri port they built somewhere?
What sort of fresh lies are all these sef..
When did they start berthing ?
What are the content of those ships?
Government of lies

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

He governed for almost 5 years and he didn’t deem it fit to improve the condition of Warri port.

funny but true including Obasanjo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by LegendHero(m): 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
hollywater:
Like i said earlier, your opinion. Try to also respect mines.Jonathan is not only the president of the ND or Easterners,but the president of the whole Nigeria. He was doing the most important things, before he was caught shut.I know for sure Jonathan had a better for Nigeria and ND as well if he had come back again.

Well I will respect your opinion and you may have your reasons but we see world in a different way.

I’m a a Yoruba and I always detest Obasanjo coz he is also a useless southern president. Although he was the one that created most of the parastatals and configuration for the present republic, but he did not do much for the south.

You gotta give it to the northerners, no matter how far we try painting them as illiterates, they are wiser than the south in terms of politics. If you go to the north, they have some of the smoothest roads in Nigeria and electricity is top notch over there most times.

The northerners held most post in all federal government establishments all around the country. Go to Enugu, go to Ibadan, go to Rivers, you will always see that northerners head the fed govt agencies.

With this kind of configuration and Lilly livered southern president, the north will continue to take the south for a ride.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Abbeyme: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
Some people will not see this now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by pacino26(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
The ships berthing in Warri port are mostly tankers. Product tankers and oilfield support vessels. No cargo ship berthing there to the best if my knowledge. I do most of my business in Escravos so this story of reaping benefits na scam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by hollywater: 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
LegendHero:

Well I will respect your opinion and you may have your reasons but we see world in a different way.

I’m a a Yoruba and I always detest Obasanjo coz he is also a useless southern president. Although he was the one that created most of the parastatals and configuration for the present republic, but he did not do much for the south.

You gotta give it to the northerners, no matter how far we try painting them as illiterates, they are wiser than the south in terms of politics. If you go to the north, they have some of the smoothest roads in Nigeria and electricity is top notch over there most times.

The northerners held most post in all federal government establishments all around the country. Go to Enugu, go to Ibadan, go to Rivers, you will always see that northerners head the fed govt agencies.

With this kind of configuration and Lilly livered southern president, the north will continue to take the south for a ride.
That brings you to my point .The northerners are occupying all the position, and you are happy about it.Because if you are not, you would have been against it.So before you shut One Nigeria think very well. Obj has the opportunity to do the same to the whole South West, but he never did,he carries all Nigerians along.Jonathan the same. Here we have tribal president and you are happy with it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by LegendHero(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
hollywater:
That brings you to my point .The northerners are occupying all the position, and you are happy about it.Because if you are not, you would have been against it.So before you shut One Nigeria think very well. Obj has the opportunity to do the same to the whole South West, but he never did,he carries all Nigerians along.Jonathan the same. Here we have tribal president and you are happy with it.

Do you think I’m supporting Buhari? You have to clear that assumption from your mind.

Let me tell you something about Nigeria, we are not united and the first instinct of every individual among us is tribalism. But most times we tend to be politically correct so as not to sound too deep in it.

If people wanna defend Buhari too, they will say he renovated port harcourt airport, he is building the Ibadan-Lagos railway, and etc.

What I’m saying is that a southern president should be able to prioritize key infrastructure in the south and earmark it for development and part of those are the Niger bridge, Lagos-Ibadan railway, SS port in general East-West road, and so on.

The North no matter their party affiliation understood that tribal domination comes first, but the south always wants to be politically correct every time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA by Kennyfancy(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Mad people, is it the port that my office is close to or which of the Warri port,, U people let me waste my time to go and check the port this morning, Nothing joor, witchcraft people and lies, May God Help us in this Country

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oko Oba Fire Situation Report / Valentine Obienyem: Peter Obi Was Not Attacked In Abuja, Ignore Rumors / Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.