Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes (16379 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Father Kelvin Ugwu Speaks On #SilhouetteChallenge / Living Faith Creates USSD CODE To Facilitate Offerings And Tithes Online. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
k2money:

Na lie, that time Jesus spoke about tithe, if he go against the Jewish law they will prosecute him. And what tithe is uses for it was like a tax of the Moses time, they use it to help the poor. You are to eat it with your family and give the remaining to the poor not pastors
sykeng:

Is what your pastor sold to you
read the Bible, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2019
UceeGod:
Na dem!
How does this move one closer to God? Genuine Christianity is not all about money.

I love you bruh
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by GoodBoi1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
Calling other pastors greedy to me is wrong because of what you did is totally wrong. This is not the first pastor to do it, I know a pastor who has said this too. Also if the giver has faith in God to do that, then it is between them and God. Let everyone act according to their measure of faith.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
Tithing doesn’t bring you closer to God in any way. Neither does it guarantees u heaven. Anyone ever notice the people who always talk bout tithe are so called pastors we have in this country. Baba you go make heaven even without tithe. Why is no one talking about the fact no tithing was mentioned in the New Testament?? If you feel is something you have to do to make you happy go ahead. What I just hate is this notion that first fruit is mandated by God. Ogbeni it’s not. People are really suffering in this country. Take that your tithe look around your neighborhood and give it to someone who can’t afford 3 square meals or whatever. Cos truth is we really don’t know where this Christianity came from only that the white men came with it and our ancestors took it up because it’s more humane than the one they are already practicing. 45% of British people don’t even believe in God. This was the same people their ancestors brought this religion to us. We carry am for head wan kill ourself. Tithe no tithe baba e nor go stop you from making heaven!

3 Likes

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by CodeTemplar: 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2019
Builderman:
Some years back, after a Sunday morning Mass in Abuja, a young and a good looking lady walked up to me. She was holding a fat brown envelope. She handed the envelope to me and said I should please pray for her.

I asked her about the content of the envelope and what particular intention would I be praying for?
She told me that she started working just a month ago and that she came to thank the Lord and to offer the first fruit of her work for God’s blessings.
What was in the envelope was her salary for that month. Her first salary. The entire money! Everything!.

In all honesty, I was speechless not for lack of words but for being unable to know where to begin. Inside me I was like: do people still entrust everything they have to God in a child-like simplicity like this? I was really moved.

In my heart, I said a prayer for her, that type of prayer that is deep down, it was as though it was the Holy Spirit Himself that was praying through me. I was feeling the answers to the prayers even before I finished praying.

Then she knelt down, I laid my hands upon her and blessed her and the money.

After prayers, I asked her to tell me how much was in the envelope. She said Eighty Thousand Naira.

Then I asked, “how much covers your transport to your work daily?”.

She said “approximately N1,000 naira to and fro, Father.” That means for 27 work days, it would be N27,000.

Then I spoke up again, “Sorry o, I am asking you too many questions, how much do you feed daily when you go to work?”.
She answered “It depends. If I want to eat so well, I spend 800 naira with drinks, but mainly I spend just N500, and sometimes I carry food from home.”

So, I made the calculation in my head. Let say she spends 500 naira daily, 27 work days would be 13,500 naira.
I went ahead to enquire about her accommodation and I discovered that she stayed alone in an apartment she just rented. We made the calculation by dividing the annual rent by 12 months and we discovered that if she was to pay rent monthly, it would be N12,500.

Her monthly electricity and water bill with other fees for house maintenance was put at N10,000....On phone calls and data, we approximated it to be N5000 monthly. Her monthly DSTV subscription was around N3,600 for DSTV family bouquet.

When you put all the expenses together and subtract it from the N80,000, she would be left with N8,400 to buy food stuffs and other things in the house.
These are the expenses that she wss sure to spend every month. We had not even talked about other things like make up, doing her hair, clothes, gifts to family and even savings.
This is a huge sacrifice, in my judgement. I intentionally asked her those questions so as to ascertain the depth of her sacrifice.

I brought out the envelope, bless it for the second time and gave it to her. I looked at her countenance and I knew she was not too comfortable with my action. Then I took time to explain the Bible to her. That was when I discovered that so many people do not truly understand how God works.

When God asks us for first fruit or for tithe or for any sacrifice, it is not so that He will eat it. No! He has no need of our money. When He asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son, it was not because he liked seeing the blood of innocent children.

When He asked Abel and Cain to make a sacrifice to Him, it was not because he ate fruit or even drank blood of rams. It is simply to test how committed we are, how willing are we to leave everything to Him. Do we, like Cain, select offerings that we no longer desire and give to Him or do we, like Abel, empty everything to Him?

This lady that brought the first fruit began to understand for the first time. Right from when she put the money in the envelope to bring to God, God had already accepted her offering. The minister must not spend the money. It is just that most of us ministers are unfortunately greedy. And we use God’s name to cover it up. We often see the part of scriptures that favour our stomach.*

Theologically, when you give to God, He transforms that gift and gives it back to you. The bread and wine people offer before mass are transformed to the body and blood of Christ and given back to the people to eat and drink.

The son Isaac that Abraham gave to God, was transformed to be a channel that would bring....forth the fulfillment of God’s promise and given back to Abraham.
The offerings of bread and fish people brought were prayed upon and given back to them to eat and they were filled, still there was left over.

The water they filled at the wedding in Cana is given back to them as wine..
The Ugwu Kelvin that my parents offered to God, is given back to them as a priest.

The money that the young lady brought to me as her first fruit is blessed and given back to her as pure gift from heaven.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10220708468680497&id=1199905702
This sounds more religious than Christian.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by LordPsalm(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Will you shut up.

What do you know about Christianity? It's not about money yet the Bible says we should honor God with the first fruits of all our substance?

You guys will just sit in one corner and start misleading people with stupid talks. One would think you know everything about the Bible.
shut up. That ur quotation is from proverbs. Its old and useless. Christ is our first fruit. 1 cor 15v20...But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead. He is the first of a great harvest of all who have died.
Paying tithe n first fruit are UnChristian
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by LordPsalm(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2019
Nothing special about what u did. Don't collect tithe nor first fruit. That's the true Gospel PERIOD
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Hakeem12(m): 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Mr. Post the two or three passages, on tithe, of the new testament and the rebuke, thereof

k
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by k2money(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2019
profolaolu:
read the Bible, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42
Oga the verse is about law.
Christians are no longer under law but grace.
Am an agnostic, I don't belief in religion but I love Jesus teaching because it's easy. The pastors make it a burden for gullible people like you.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by newsynews: 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
LordPsalm:
shut up. That ur quotation is from proverbs. Its old and useless. Christ is our first fruit. 1 cor 15v20...But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead. He is the first of a great harvest of all who have died.

Blind bat, stop misquoting the Bible. The first fruit spoken of in the verse you quoted is talking about the first to resurrect not offering. Jesus is the first to resurrect among all those that are dead. It in no way says we don't have to pay first fruit/tithe to God.

1 Corinthians 15:20 (KJV)
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by newsynews: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
k2money:

Am an agnostic, I don't belief in religion but I love Jesus teaching because it's easy. The pastors make it a burden for gullible people like you.

Since you are no longer under the law, why not break the below law by sleeping with your sister or mother. Mugu.

Leviticus 18:6-7 (KJV)
6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the
LORD.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by gobuchinny: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Since you are no longer under the law, why not break the below law by sleeping with your sister or mother. Mugu.

6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the
LORD.
7 The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.

This is a very weak and lazy submission. Before the law of Moses, man knew what was morally right or wrong. Wasnt Noah's unclothedness uncovered and was it not sin? Was there a law for that? How did Cain know that he sinned after he killed Abel? What did God use to judge sodom and gommorah? Which law? Oga we are not under the law. There is a better covenant it's called the new covenant. The old is done away with. The law of Christ which is re enforced by the epistles is what we r under. You criminals think you are wiser than the apostles or holy spirit that they forgot to mention the importance of ur dirty tithe and first fruits? Continue fooling yourselves

2 Likes

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by newsynews: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
gobuchinny:

This is a very weak and lazy submission. Before the law of Moses, man knew what was morally right or wrong. Wasnt Noah's unclothedness uncovered and was it not sin? Was there a law for that? How did Cain know that he sinned after he killed Abel? What did God use to judge sodom and gommorah? Which law? Oga we are not under the law. There is a better covenant it's called the new covenant. The old is done away with. The law of Christ which is re enforced by the epistles is what we r under. You criminals think you are wiser than the apostles or holy spirit that they forgot to mention the importance of ur dirty tithe and first fruits? Continue fooling yourselves

You talk as if the law of Moses was just Moses idea. You forgot that it was Good who gave it to him. That law existed long before Moses was born. Moses only documented it. God had always used that law as standard right from Cain and Abel.

The Apostles need not repeat the law on tithing because it is already well detailed in the new testament. They didn't come to erase the law of God. Since God did not tell them that the law should be discarded, they saw no need to discard it but to continue with it. Since the new testament doesn't record them continuing or discarding it, it is best we continue with it until God says otherwise. since God hasn't said anything different than what he said in the Old Testament about tithing, then it means that what he said back then still holds. Anyone trying to abolish tithing is only speaking when God has not spoken.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by k2money(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

LORD.
Since you are under law, don't tell me you don't have a Muslim as your friend, shebi your Bible says kill infidel. Don't associate with them. A pastor in the lose because people are getting back to their senses. Scammer people. Confess you are a pastor.

1 Like

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hakeem12:
k

Is it difficult for you to post the two or three passages of the scripture from that new testament where tithe was mentioned and rebuked by Jesus Christ?

Now let me add an incentive : if you can produce any one scripture from the new or old testament where tithe was rebuked, I will denounce Christianity , from this day forward.

NB:
Know that you have misled and reinforced false belief and doctrine amongst the 60 or more people who have liked your post.

Whereas , tithe is not mandatory , it is devilish to propagate falsehood against it practice .

Whosoever misled another , it will be better he was never born.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
genkins:

Sheeple alert

Sheeple should be a title for folks who follows trends without personal conviction. Proof your conviction with scripture

If you believe that tithe was rebuked in the new testament or abolished , produce your evidence so the Christian world can benefit from your revelation.

The character that made that contribution is now very afraid to back up his submission from the new testament that he claimed to be very versed in.

Does that not tell you that he is an agent of the devil for the propagation of falsehood within the body of Christ?

And the scripture says that whosoever adds to it or deduct from it is already cursed.

Be guided.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2019
k2money:

I give up, your case is irredeemable.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by newsynews: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2019
k2money:

Since you are under law, don't tell me you don't have a Muslim as your friend, shebi your Bible says kill infidel. Don't associate with them. A pastor in the lose because people are getting back to their senses. Scammer people. Confess you are a pastor.

Fool, where does the bible say we should kill infidel?

Fo
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by gobuchinny: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

You talk as if the law of Moses was just Moses idea. You forgot that it was Good who gave it to him. That law existed long before Moses was born. Moses only documented it. God had always used that law as standard right from Cain and Abel.

The Apostles need not repeat the law on tithing because it is already well detailed in the new testament. They didn't come to erase the law of God. Since God did not tell them that the law should be discarded, they saw no need to discard it but to continue with it. Since the new testament doesn't record them continuing or discarding it, it is best we continue with it until God says otherwise. since God hasn't said anything different than what he said in the Old Testament about tithing, then it means that what he said back then still holds. Anyone trying to abolish tithing is only speaking when God has not spoken.

You lack understanding of scriptures. Which law existed before Moses? Did Abraham observe the sabbath? Did he pay tithe as a normal practice? He paid tithe once and not even from his total wealth but from the bounty he got. The law was written to the Israelites not to the gentiles. That y Paul wrote to the galatians. Someone came and said the gentiles should be circumcised. Do you know there is a covenant of circumcision God made with Abragam which is stronger than tithe? Yet Paul said none sud feel obliged to be circumcised. The law of tithe is for the welfare of the levites and other provisions. There r no levites, there is no temple but we are the temple. This tithe things is because man built their own churches which God does not inhabit hence they need to maintain it. We r not under the law. There is a moral law that everyone is bound by. You dont need anyone to tell you that stealing is wrong, or murdering is wrong. The law was a shadow of the things to come(Jesus). Now that He has come y r u under the law? If you tithe then you must keep the sabbath, you must sacrifice with the blood of animals because you cannot mix the old and new testament. The early church didnt tithe. It was Introduced by the Catholics to tax the people. Google is your friend. If they tithe then the apostles wont have lacked. Paul would have been fat like these thieves on the pulpit. Study your scripture and stop observing the commandment of men

2 Likes

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Will you shut up.

What do you know about Christianity? It's not about money yet the Bible says we should honor God with the first fruits of all our substance?

You guys will just sit in one corner and start misleading people with stupid talks. One would think you know everything about the Bible.
That means give it to the less privileged amongst you , not one idiot called pastor. Don’t be be confidently ignorant.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by newsynews: 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
gobuchinny:

You lack understanding of scriptures. Which law existed before Moses? Did Abraham observe the sabbath? Did he pay tithe as a normal practice? He paid tithe once and not even from his total wealth but from the bounty he got. The law was written to the Israelites not to the gentiles. That y Paul wrote to the galatians. Someone came and said the gentiles should be circumcised. Do you know there is a covenant of circumcision God made with Abragam which is stronger than tithe? Yet Paul said none sud feel obliged to be circumcised. The law of tithe is for the welfare of the levites and other provisions. There r no levites, there is no temple but we are the temple. This tithe things is because man built their own churches which God does not inhabit hence they need to maintain it. We r not under the law. There is a moral law that everyone is bound by. You dont need anyone to tell you that stealing is wrong, or murdering is wrong. The law was a shadow of the things to come(Jesus). Now that He has come y r u under the law? If you tithe then you must keep the sabbath, you must sacrifice with the blood of animals because you cannot mix the old and new testament. The early church didnt tithe. It was Introduced by the Catholics to tax the people. Google is your friend. If they tithe then the apostles wont have lacked. Paul would have been fat like these thieves on the pulpit. Study your scripture and stop observing the commandment of men

You say the law did not exist in the days of Abraham, yet you say Abraham tithed and circumcized, which are things under the law. You shot yourself in the foot.

The law was not written to the Israelites but to God's people. Only those who aren't God's people kick against the law of God.

The law on tithing wasn't just for the Levites but for God's house. That's why God said the tithe should be brought to his house so that there will be meat in his house. But wicked people like you don't want meat to exist in God's house today.

Since the law is over for you, go and sex your mother tonight.

I don't keep the Sabbath neither do I offer animal sacrifices. This is because the Apostles clearly abolished those ones in the new testament. Now, show me where they abolished tithe. May you be damned if you can't find such. Why will you be damned? Because you have spoke. against tithing when they did not, when the Bible did not and when God did not.

Who told you the apostles lacked anything?
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
Proverbs is old and useless?

LordPsalm:

1 Like

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by k2money(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

Fool, where does the bible say we should kill infidel?

Fo

Deut 13 v 6
So you can tell me that your Muslim friends never preach to you about Allah before?

Deut 17 v 2 - 5
Don't t tell me you don't have Muslim in your family,

Deut 22 v 20 - 22
So if your wife is not virgin you will kill her?

Zac 13 v 3
If your child speak against your God can you do this?

Exo 31 v 12 - 15,
The sabbath day is Saturday, do you keep it holy?

Deu 18 v 20 - 22
Have you kill Adeboye, Oyedepo, Joshua, oyakhilome etc,

Lev 20v 9
Children of now do this, how many have you kill?

Lev 21 v 9
Pastors children are guilty of this, so the pastor should burn her to death ☠?

Lev 20 v 10,
You must have kill many y people

2 Cor 6 v 14 - 16
All your friends were Christian?

Deut 17 v 12
If a pastor or JW try to preach and the person walk away should be put to death?

Lev 20 v 27
Kill witches �‍♀️

Lev 20 v13
How many lesbian and gay have you kill?

Please as a good Christian that follows laws, hope you are doing all this?

Am mature than you to be exchanging insult in a forum, if your God is powerful. No need of defending him by insulting people. Take your time ⌚ to learn the Holy Bible. Jesus way is easy, not the burden your pastors are putting on you, stay bless.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by gobuchinny: 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

You say the law did not exist in the days of Abraham, yet you say Abraham tithed and circumcized, which are things under the law. You shot yourself in the foot.

The law was not written to the Israelites but to God's people. Only those who aren't God's people kick against the law of God.

The law on tithing wasn't just for the Levites but for God's house. That's why God said the tithe should be brought to his house so that there will be meat in his house. But wicked people like you don't want meat to exist in God's house today.

I don't keep the Sabbath neither do I offer animal sacrifices. This is because the Apostles clearly abolished those ones in the new testament. Now, show me where they abolished tithe. May you be damned if you can't find such. Why will you be damned? Because you have spoke. against tithing when they did not, when the Bible did not and when God did not.

Paul lacked alot. If you have read the bible you will know. Severally he said he hungered and thirsts. He said he has learnt to abase and abound grin. Abraham didnt tithe as a tradition or custome but did it one off. The law of circumcision was a covenant which was instructed by God to Abraham. Y didnt Abraham obey the sabbath? Y aren't u obeying the sabbath? Because they is no monetary gain. You perverted carnal human. You and u criminal spiritual fathers obey it because you want God to bless u materially thinking God is ur Russian roulette grin..

If you obey the law of tithe then you are obligated to obey all the law. Let me ask you, are we not all priest and kings so how can brethren collect tithe from his brethren. Remember that in the old testament they were designated priest who were descendant of Aaron who did this..do we have Levi's today? Ain't we all able to approach the throne of God? Do men still offer sacrifices on our behalf like in the old testament? Perverted lazy Christian Christian that wont study and understand the new testament but always looking at scripture to line his pocket.
You are they that trouble the brethren and you are cursed thinking that you must obey the law to please God. Your portion is hell if you dont repent.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by gobuchinny: 11:08pm On Sep 01, 2019
newsynews:

If only we humans read. Google the history oftithe and you will see the early church never tithed grin. There is no more a physical temple so biko which store house grin. Do you not you are the temple now? No building no store house. Your lack for the new covenant is legendary grin
Blind leading the blind. Y did God judge sodom? Was there a written law that they broke? You dont need a law to know sleeping with you mother is sin grin. WAKE UP and study. Te apostles didnt have to say anything on tithe because IT WAS NEVER PRACTICED and they knew they were no levis ;even the Levi's who believed sold their goods and brought to the commonwealth of believers as acts records so imagine the one that collects tithes now giving grin lazy perverted scammer whose God is their belly thinking that godliness is gain. You will rot in hell if you dont unlearn your nonsense tradition of men

1 Like

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by CodeTemplar: 2:17am On Sep 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

Paul lacked alot. If you have read the bible you will know. Severally he said he hungered and thirsts. He said he has learnt to abase and abound grin. Abraham didnt tithe as a tradition or custome but did it one off. The law of circumcision was a covenant which was instructed by God to Abraham. Y didnt Abraham obey the sabbath? Y aren't u obeying the sabbath? Because they is no monetary gain. You perverted carnal human. You and u criminal spiritual fathers obey it because you want God to bless u materially thinking God is ur Russian roulette grin..

If you obey the law of tithe then you are obligated to obey all the law. Let me ask you, are we not all priest and kings so how can brethren collect tithe from his brethren. Remember that in the old testament they were designated priest who were descendant of Aaron who did this..do we have Levi's today? Ain't we all able to approach the throne of God? Do men still offer sacrifices on our behalf like in the old testament? Perverted lazy Christian Christian that wont study and understand the new testament but always looking at scripture to line his pocket.
You are they that trouble the brethren and you are cursed thinking that you must obey the law to please God. Your portion is hell if you dont repent.
Mathew 23:23 shatters all your rants.
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by LadyExcellency: 2:30am On Sep 02, 2019
GoodBoi1:

So is it right to condemn "Pastor" Paul and call him greedy for receiving these givings knowing that these givers were in poverty?

The Apostle stated expressly that they gave for his necessity and never for the so-called "seed sowing" or wealth generation

2 Likes

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by Hakeem12(m): 4:01am On Sep 02, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Is it difficult for you to post the two or three passages of the scripture from that new testament where tithe was mentioned and rebuked by Jesus Christ?

Now let me add an incentive : if you can produce any one scripture from the new or old testament where tithe was rebuked, I will denounce Christianity , from this day forward.

NB:
Know that you have misled and reinforced false belief and doctrine amongst the 60 or more people who have liked your post.

Whereas , tithe is not mandatory , it is devilish to propagate falsehood against it practice .

Whosoever misled another , it will be better he was never born.
I believe you use a smartphone capable of google search. I have no interest in whether you convert or not, that's your goddamn business. There are 5000 religions, and you thinking going against yours alone is devilish isn't just stupid in itself, it's pathetic. A stupid person like that shouldn't have been born

1 Like

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by k2money(m): 4:32am On Sep 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

If only we humans read. Google the history oftithe and you will see the early church never tithed grin. There is no more a physical temple so biko which store house grin. Do you not you are the temple now? No building no store house. Your lack for the new covenant is legendary grin
Blind leading the blind. Y did God judge sodom? Was there a written law that they broke? You dont need a law to know sleeping with you mother is sin grin. WAKE UP and study. Te apostles didnt have to say anything on tithe because IT WAS NEVER PRACTICED and they knew they were no levis ;even the Levi's who believed sold their goods and brought to the commonwealth of believers as acts records so imagine the one that collects tithes now giving grin lazy perverted scammer whose God is their belly thinking that godliness is gain. You will rot in hell if you dont unlearn your nonsense tradition of men

Thumb � up, the Roman's inserted tithe to Christianity. Early Christians don't tithe, they do contributes and share among themselves to make everybody happy. Christians mean equality, everybody is high priest in the lord Jesus Christ.
Am the a Christian but I was born a Christian and I love the word and life of Christian. I change from calling myself a Christian the day I sees that what we are practicing now is not the Christ like.

1 Like

Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by gobuchinny: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Mathew 23:23 shatters all your rants.

You are void of understanding. Jesus was under the law and hence obeyed the law. Hebrews states that the testament is not in force until the death of the testator. grin

Meaning the new testament was ushered in after the death of Jesus. Nobody prayed in His name until he died and rose so the law was in force and tithing was normal.

Jesus also told the man he healed to go perform what was commanded by Moses..do you or your ignorant church members perform what was commanded by Moses everytime you climb ur dirty and rotten pulpits to share testimony of healing?

Jesus also told the disciples not to go to any other tribe to preach except the lost sheep of israel..r u d lost sheep of Israel? You see my friend, you must gain understanding of scriptures and stop picking the letters of the word but the spirit. You cannot pick and drop what you like in the bible. If you pick one then pick all. Dont just read the bible out of context but gain understanding of scripture in its entirety.

Dont forget satan tempted Christ by picking scripture out of context grin
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by GoodBoi1(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2019
LadyExcellency:

The Apostle stated expressly that they gave for his necessity and never for the so-called "seed sowing" or wealth generation
You are missing the point. Whether they gave for seed sowing or for his need or to help other christians. First it was between them and God and before even him. As he clearly stated that they gave themselves first to God. Jesus Christ said be it done unto you according to your faith. A Christian with spiritual understanding will know that there is blessing that comes with giving because the scriptures said it is more blessed to give than to receive. As a giver the right mindset is that we are not just giving to the church, or to the needy or a pastor as your kind like to believe. No, we are giving to God regardless of who receives it because the blessings come from God. We are merely stewards of whatever wealth God entrusted us with. It belongs to him. If someone that is rich and that you adore like Buhari, Jonathan, Messi or Ronaldo asks you to give him some money, you knowing fully well that this person doesn't really need it, won't you gladly give him something "presentable" because of the respect and admiration you have for him, even though you might not have much. You will likely think that what you will get in return will exceed whatever you gave. How much more God? He doesn't need your money. It belongs to him in the first place and we should be willing to serve him with it if He is truly first in our lives. I should have posted a lot of scriptural references as I usually do but I'm not in a good position now. The Macedonian begged to give because they had the mindset that it was a service to the Lord as any christian should.
If a believe is convinced about something and has faith to do it. It actually is between them and God and not any man. The fact that you don't have faith for it doesn't mean you should condemn those that do
Re: Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes by LadyExcellency: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2019
GoodBoi1:

You are missing the point. Whether they gave for seed sowing or for his need or to help other christians. First it was between them and God and before even him. As he clearly stated that they gave them self first to God. Jesus Christ said be it done unto you according to your faith. A Christian with spiritual understanding will know that there is blessing that comes with giving because the scriptures said it is more blessed to give than to receive. As a giver the right mindset is that we are not just giving to the church, or to the needy or a pastor as your kind like to believe. No, we are giving to God regardless of who receives it because the blessings come from God. We are merely stewards of whatever wealth God entrusted us with. It belongs to him. If a rich man like Buhari or Jonathan asks you to give him some money, you knowing fully well that this person doesn't really need it, won't you give him something "presentable" because of the respect you have for him, even though you might not have much. You will likely think that what you will get in return will exceed whatever you gave. How much more God? He doesn't need your money. It belongs to him in the first place and we should be willing to serve him with it if He is truly first in our lives. I should have posted a lot of scriptural references as I usually do but I'm not in a good position now. The Macedonian begged to give because they had the mindset that it was a service to the Lord as any christian should.
If a believe is convinced about something and has faith to do it. It actually is between them and God and not any man. The fact that you don't have faith for it doesn't mean you should condemn those that do

You don't give to God, you bless humanity through giving and in turn God recognises it as an act of righteousness if given with good intentions.

Reward for giving is a law of nature just like gravitational force. (what goes up must come down) but righteous giving when done according to the scriptures (not according to Apostate motivational speaker's demand) attracts divine providence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who's Your Favorite Gospel Artiste? / NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From The Biblical Exod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.