Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,582 members, 7,850,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo (15245 Views)

Gov. Makinde Unveils New Amotekun HQ, Gives Awards To Amotekun Soldiers / Atiku, Serving Govs In Ibadan As Makinde Unveils Lekan Salami Sports Complex / Anambra Starts E-Registration Of Foreign Nationals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
madenigga:
bound to fail. North too like hausa language, so much that they like people from Niger, Mali, Chad and Northern Benin more than they like an average Nigerian who doesn't speak hausa.

Every non migrant would claim they are from Kano or Sokoto

I am not excited about the registration, NIS will only use it to exploit Ghanaian, Togolese and Cotonou people. I had a clash with two NIS officials in 2015 at Akinyele close to International Cattle market and popular goat market (elewure) which was relocated from Sango . There was this Togolese family managing themselves at the village. NIS people always coming to exploit them. The man said he was relocating to another village where the NIS official cannot locate them .

Fortunately, the NIS came and met me. I asked them about other foreigners at both the Cattle and goat markets. They said it is very difficult to interrogate them as they claim any state in the North and market leaders said they are Arewas (Northerners).

1 Like

Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by wandeay: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2019
Thosinecosine:

its too early to say such.

Akolawole:

Just few months into his administration.

His approach is what we need in this country, proactive measures, with a view of incorruptible practice. Read more about his few months in office
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
love you Sir, no homo
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by 3114peter(m): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2019
the idea is good, for security reasons. then what of those Fulani that live in bush, will they participate. will they join the chorus . did they have identity.
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by madenigga(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
babaolofin:

I am not excited about the registration, NIS will only use it to exploit Ghanaian, Togolese and Cotonou people. I had a clash with two NIS officials in 2015 at Akinyele close to International Cattle market and popular goat market (elewure) which was relocated from Sango . There was this Togolese family managing themselves at the village. NIS people always coming to exploit them. The man said he was relocating to another village where the NIS official cannot locate them .

Fortunately, the NIS came and met me. I asked them about other foreigners at both the Cattle and goat markets. They said it is very difficult to interrogate them as they claim any state in the North and market leaders said they are Arewas (Northerners).
i know someone that years ago when he first came to Nigeria, Port Harcourt to be precise, he was from Niger. But presently ask him where he is from he would tell u he is from Kano. Beat him and don't be surprised if a hausa soldier pays u a visit the next day.

REAL

1 Like

Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by madenigga(m): 5:23pm On Sep 01, 2019
anybody who is smart and wants to know if this policy would fail, should ask himself if is it those boys that are from Niger, that push wheelbarrows and sleep in market places that they are expecting to go to the internet to register themselves?

I HOPE IT SUCCEEDS THOUGH

1 Like

Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by Heyzee5: 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Dear Governor Seyi Makinde pls sir kindly oraganize a day or three days workshop for all Nigeria governors.
Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by MT: 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
This is an exercise in futility. What does he want to achieve with this. Migrants come and go as they feel like. Some won't even register and there is nothing he can do about it. Waste of resources if any was committed. Fg is better positioned to undertake this project. This is purely playing to the gallery.
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by MT: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2019
wandeay:

Seyi Makinde deserves a trial for presidency.

On what basis please. Roll out your facts and let's discuss.
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by Deejaygold(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
Governor wey sabi
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by ayberry: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2019
Osoriire ## God bless you ... I can’t imagine some leaders being in power for years yet them no advance ... this is oyo state o yet some ppl we be lying that dia z no money ## may God bring up pple like this man , before naija sink finish
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by NwaGodl1000(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2019
One good thing coming from the west after Amode
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by wandeay: 12:56am On Sep 02, 2019
MT:

On what basis please. Roll out your facts and let's discuss.

read more about how he's handling govt and the few projects he has done.
Re: Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo by phemy36(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2019
PureFace1:
The Oyo State Governor, Mr Seyi Makinde, on Friday unveiled the e-registration programme of the Nigeria Immigration Service for all migrants (non-Nigerians) in the 33 local government areas of the state.

Makinde said the exercise was coming at the period the country was facing security challenges.

He said no meaningful development could take place where there was insecurity because no investor would invest where there was insecurity.

The governor said one of his cardinal objectives was to address security threat in the state, adding that the e-registration for migrants would help tackle insecurity, plan and know the total number of people to be budgeted for in the state.

Makinde said, “The state appreciates the NIS for the exercise because it will assist the state to leave up to its responsibilities. Those concerned should comply adequately without wasting time to avoid going to jail or being reprimanded.”

In his speech, the state Comptroller of NIS, Saleh Abdullahi, said the registration would help to identify and determine the migration status of resident migrants in the state and Nigeria in general.

Abdullahi said that the registration would also enhance the internal security of Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/makinde-unveils-e-registration-for-migrants-in-oyo/

ENOCH ADEBOYE TACKLES RUGA WITH WISDOM

narrates his conversation on RUGA with his mathematician friend

passes power of judgment to participants

RUGA: Reasonable Understanding for Gradual Advancement

Pastor Enoch Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG yesterday 31st August, 2019 at the Church Leaders Stakeholders’ Summit organised the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), displayed a rare kind of wisdom in tackling the RUGA issue that has agitated the minds of most non-Fulani Nigerians, especially in Southern Nigeria. 

In his keynote address at the summit which took place at Shepherdhill Baptist Church, Obanikoro, Lagos Nigeria, Adeboye responded to the proposed/suspended RUGA Settlement Programme by the Buhari administration, by narrating a conversation that took place between his friend, a mathematician and himself, during which the friend opened up on the RUGA standoff enveloping Nigeria.

Adeboye said his friend is as grandiloquent as he is funny. He loves using big grammar like conviviality, probability, monstrosity,  concentric, eccentric, adding that people who agree with his position are called Concentric and those who disagree with him are called Eccentric.

The friend is not only grandiloquent, but also a funny man. A proof that he is funny, Adeboye said, is his contention that when nursing mothers refused to breastfeed her child and resort to cow milk, the child ends up being a cowboy. The friend also said the problem in Nigeria is not about the North and South dichotomy, but between the wise and the foolish.

On RUGA, the funny friend said, if a cow herder kills your brother and his blood spilled on the grass which is fed to the cow, and the siblings of the man killed still eat the cow that fed on the grass on which the blood was spilled, they are as guilty as the cow herder.

The funny friend, according to Adeboye said, if a cow herder kills your brother and the following day you are still seen eating suya by the cow herder, you are foolish because you are assisting the cow herder to march on.

The funny friend still contends that RUGA means Reasonable Understanding for Gradual Advancement and this is succinctly displayed in what is happening in Nigeria. The funny friend said “the cow that is eating in your backyard will gradually advance into your bedroom. Very soon, you will be drinking water from the river that has been polluted by the droppings of the cow.

Adeboye said his friend went ahead to show him what the white man said about red meat. Red meat is not good for the body and the first source of red meat is the cow, followed by goat and then ram. He said the best meat for you is the fish and you find it everywhere in any village. Why eat cow meat then?

The pastor then assisted his friend to throw a challenge to people at the summit: “Those of you who agree with my friend should say Yea…” to which the whole participant shouted YEAAA. “Those who disagree with my friend should say “NO”. There was a pin drop silence and Pastor Enoch Adeboye stepped down from the podium.

Earlier, Adeboye had warned that he only came to narrate a conversation between his friend and himself, and he would not want anybody to say he is the author of the conversation, to which everybody laughed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Retreat: Ministers’ Sack Looms As Buhari Supervises Appraisal / Arewa To Gej:renounce 2015 And Enjoy Peace / I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.