Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos (30287 Views)

My Ridiculous Bride Price / Marriage Rites List | We Gasped In Disbelieve! / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
~ Positive Atmosphere for the Youths of Upata Kingdom of Ekpeye ethnic groups in Ahoada-East LGA, Rivers State as a Marriage Bye-law enacted 2018 is now fully operational.

By this new written law, every family intending to give their daughters out in marriage are mandated to follow the adopted marriage list, which clearly spells out every dime suitors are to spend throughout the traditional marriage rite.

Prior to this Bye-law, marriage list had become so expensive in Ekpeye land that only oil company workers could afford to clear all stages and receive their wives.

Many families extorted as high as Two Million naira from prospective sons-in-law. This led to unwanted pregnancies, moral decadence, youth restiveness and what have you.

But today;
People who wish to marry from Upata can do so with a flattering sum of N30,000 bride price and a maximum of N177,000 to clear the list, including excursion of the bride to her new home.

There is a committee set-up by Igbu Upata Traditional Council to monitor strict compliance against relatives who would still want to "sell" their daughters in the name of marriage.

This has been made possible by His Majesty, Eze Felix Enene Otuwarikpo (PhD, AP, JP, FNIPR), Regent Ekpeye Logbo, Eze Igbu Upata III.

Ibe O. Ibe,
Port Harcourt

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
More

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
More

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by youngsahito(m): 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2019
Those greedy ibos should learn from this.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
youngsahito:

Especially Owerre pipu of ndi Imo grin grin grin

33 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by SmellingAnus(m): 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
Make i go look for wife from there o grin

7 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Na

Make i go look for wife from there o grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by nengibo: 7:56am On Sep 01, 2019
Rivers state get tribes sha, the kings surname is Ijaw, the title is Igbo, the language is Igboid the logo is Edoid

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by 24kmagic: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2019
We are getting there.

Me I will wait till they start giving them out free of charge before I do the needful.

How can someone spend his hard earned cash to marry you and then you will still come to his house and frustrate him?

I rather wait to get her free of charge.

So that her indiscretions will not move me one bit.

If I must use a dime to marry her, she must swear and sign an oath to be under my dominance. That I will subjugate her and she'll be happy to comply. Cos over the years, I have come to realize that only in such a scenario will a woman know that you're a man.

50 shades of grey de learn work for where I go de.

Finally, she's my subordinate, and she must act like one.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2019
youngsahito:
Na fight grin

1 Like

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2019
24kmagic:
We are getting there.

Me I will wait till they start giving them out free of charge before I do the needful.

How can someone spend his hard earned cash to marry you and then you will still come to his house and frustrate him?

If I must use a dime to marry her, she must swear and sign an oath to be under my dominance. That I will subjugate her and she'll be happy to comply. Cos over the years, I have come to realize that only in such a scenario will a woman know that you're a man.

Ah.... that is serious ooo

2 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
nengibo:
Rivers state get tribes sha, the kings surname is Ijaw, the title is Igbo, the language is Igboid the logo is Edoid

That's what the Igbos think

3 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by BloggerAdmin(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Ladiesdoctor(m): 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2019
Chei!
177,000 and 30,000 kini?

For what?

Does that means for my side na dash we dey dash our women for marriage?

* Bride price for my side at most is 1k (a thousand naira)
* 10 bags of salt
* 10 wax wrappers each @ 2,500

If na wedding be that sef.

God bless our people and our beautiful ladies.

May God continue to bless our people marriages.
We don't believe in selling our women, but we believe, marriage means happiness, love and understanding.

14 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by yesloaded: 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
Upata, here I come grin

1 Like

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Sunofgod(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
Inflation will render the list useless in 3 months...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by captianfreeman(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2019
youngsahito:
It is not about greed. I think it is about culture and premium attached to marriage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Offpoint: 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2019
30k as bride price... e too much now.

I go price am, we negotiate till 10k...

Any marriage Expensive more than N25,000 in total.... I'm out.

I'll sum up everything from dating days and let them know what have spend so far...

Any bride price above N10,500 the family should forget about me rendering any assistance to them after marriage.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Donbosco44xx: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
nengibo:
u get eyes walai
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by stchinedu: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
youngsahito:

Greedy is an understatement...

4 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by supernet4(f): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
24kmagic:
We are getting there.

Na so
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Agugbadin: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
Good for them
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by honestivo(m): 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2019
Parents should always know that marriage is not selling of daughters

4 Likes

Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by executive12: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
Commendable.
Re: Upata Rivers State Bride Price, Marriage Constitution - Photos by Dopecine(f): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2019
grin Wonderful.. It's not a small thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business / May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.